AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-03, 18:35   Link #1601
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIRAKAWA Akira View Post
Maybe you're right. What does AVG/ADV stands for?
AVG/ADV stands for Adventure Game. The Japanese abbreviate it either ways. But do not confuse it with the American definition of adventure games

Another series I recommend is the Pia Carrot games by F&C. Unfortunately, the latest game Pia Carrot Go is not that recent, so you may have a hard time getting it.
If I'm not wrong, there's going to be a new Pia Carrot game out next Jan.

If you need a good place to look out for the latest erogames, go to http://www.getchu.com
It's probably the best Japanese online store/database for erogames. But since it's all in Japanese, you might take some time to navigate it.
__________________
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 22:19   Link #1602
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia >< It suxz
Age: 23
An new Pia Carrot game coming out i havent heard about that at all jeez how did i miss that one *can somebody please provide some information???* heheh ive been to busy playing all the games that came with my Insani disk atm, just completed the trial version of Hani-Hani and several others ^^
__________________

Ama is so Kawaii, But Sakura kinomoto will always be no1
Long live Kitto Kitto Kaede!
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 23:16   Link #1603
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto View Post
An new Pia Carrot game coming out i havent heard about that at all jeez how did i miss that one *can somebody please provide some information???* heheh ive been to busy playing all the games that came with my Insani disk atm, just completed the trial version of Hani-Hani and several others ^^
Eh it's called "Pia Carrot e Youkoso!! G.P."

The official site is here.

Hmm, new main guy, new girls, new branch of the restaurant. Where are the recurring characters? Pia Carrot is not Pia Carrot without characters from the previous games popping up. I'll go scrutinize the site again after work... it's NSFW after all...

After Pia G.O., now it's Pia G.P. They better not name the next game Pia G.Q....
__________________
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 00:54   Link #1604
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia >< It suxz
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Eh it's called "Pia Carrot e Youkoso!! G.P."

The official site is here.

Hmm, new main guy, new girls, new branch of the restaurant. Where are the recurring characters? Pia Carrot is not Pia Carrot without characters from the previous games popping up. I'll go scrutinize the site again after work... it's NSFW after all...

After Pia G.O., now it's Pia G.P. They better not name the next game Pia G.Q....
Ahhh thanks ^^ but it is upsetting all the new girls Im gonna miss the others.... i became very attached to some of them
__________________

Ama is so Kawaii, But Sakura kinomoto will always be no1
Long live Kitto Kitto Kaede!
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 02:51   Link #1605
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto View Post
Ahhh thanks ^^ but it is upsetting all the new girls Im gonna miss the others.... i became very attached to some of them
Well I do like the new character designs though. The new costumes are neat too. And the best thing is there're no more TRAPS. Out of all the 4 previous Pia Carrot games I played, Pia GO had me scarred because one girl was a trap! #$%^%@
__________________
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 19:11   Link #1606
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Mind telling me who?

BTW, what was the most recent Pia carrot title where Hiro Suzuhira (character designer who recently resigned from Navel) did the character designs?
__________________
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 19:45   Link #1607
MeganeShounen
The Rebirth
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Eternal City Mac Anu, Delta Server, The World R:2
And while we're also on the topic of artists, anyone mind telling who's the artist for the aforementioned Pia Carrot G.P.?

It seems awfully familiar, perhaps...

They also have 3 differing designs for the costumes per girl... as usual. The third one looks like it's made for a fantasy RPG or something. ^_^
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 23:09   Link #1608
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Mind telling me who?

BTW, what was the most recent Pia carrot title where Hiro Suzuhira (character designer who recently resigned from Navel) did the character designs?
Spoiler for TRAP...@#$@#$%:

Suzuhira Hiro is part of the character design team for Pia Carrot 3. That was before he joined Navel when he was still freelancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
And while we're also on the topic of artists, anyone mind telling who's the artist for the aforementioned Pia Carrot G.P.?

It seems awfully familiar, perhaps...

They also have 3 differing designs for the costumes per girl... as usual. The third one looks like it's made for a fantasy RPG or something. ^_^
The character designer is Hinata Mutsuki, the same one who did Pia Carrot G.O. I have to admit, I like her style.
(I think it's a 'her'. Mutsuki is a girl's name... but you never know what sorts of pen names Japanese can think up)

As for the costumes, they are classified as "Black Rose", "Pure Peach" and "Valkyrie"... so yeah the 3rd one is kinda RPG-ish.
__________________
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 02:36   Link #1609
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Spoiler for TRAP...@#$@#$%:
WHAT. Not that I don't believe you, but NO WAI O__O
__________________
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 09:09   Link #1610
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Spoiler for TRAP...@#$@#$%:
SHOCK!

>w<

I can't believe it!

...Anyways, I can't wait for the new Pia Carrot. Just...yeah. No more traps please. x_x
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 14:46   Link #1611
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIRAKAWA Akira View Post
Can somebody suggest me a PC/Windows eroge fun to play (comedy), with full voice acting (or not too much text to read) and not too long to finish?

So far I've played Shuffle, Fate/Stay Night and School Days (I didn't complete every possible path/ending, though). I've also tried Touka Gettan, but gave up quickly since I found it boring for my tastes.
I liked the anime version of FSN, but the game was way too long and with really too much to read. About the other two ones, I didn't like much the anime version (not at all in the case of SD) but I enjoyed the game versions much more, also because unlike FSN there was full voice acting.

I'm somewhat new to erogames and next time I would like to play something good before watching the anime version, if there is or there will be one.

If you are still interested in check new Romance/Comedy Bgames, you should try TSUYOKISS, from Candysoft. If you don't know yet, it's a famous bgame where ALL the girls are tsunderes! The maker will be releasing a sequel in 2008 and has already released a PS2 version, a fandisk and an anime TV show too. But unfortunately the TV show sucks!!

If you are interested in translated ero-games, you can check TOKIMEKI CHECK-IN, SNOW SAKURA and KAZOKU KEIKAKU, too.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 18:10   Link #1612
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia >< It suxz
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
If you are still interested in check new Romance/Comedy Bgames, you should try TSUYOKISS, from Candysoft. If you don't know yet, it's a famous bgame where ALL the girls are tsunderes! The maker will be releasing a sequel in 2008 and has already released a PS2 version, a fandisk and an anime TV show too. But unfortunately the TV show sucks!!

If you are interested in translated ero-games, you can check TOKIMEKI CHECK-IN, SNOW SAKURA and KAZOKU KEIKAKU, too.
I have to say Tokimeki check in was a bit of a let down....didnt have the flair of the other tokimeki games.

On another note does anyone know appx how long the new pia carrot gameplay will be? hopefully a bit longer than the previous
__________________

Ama is so Kawaii, But Sakura kinomoto will always be no1
Long live Kitto Kitto Kaede!
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 07:39   Link #1613
User35785
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
If you are still interested in check new Romance/Comedy Bgames, you should try TSUYOKISS, from Candysoft. If you don't know yet, it's a famous bgame where ALL the girls are tsunderes! The maker will be releasing a sequel in 2008 and has already released a PS2 version, a fandisk and an anime TV show too. But unfortunately the TV show sucks!!
I've seen some episodes of the anime when it came out several months ago, it wasn't all that great so I dropped it after a few episodes. The game could be fun though! Thanks for your suggestion.

What does "bgame" mean anyway?

Quote:
If you are interested in translated ero-games, you can check TOKIMEKI CHECK-IN, SNOW SAKURA and KAZOKU KEIKAKU, too.
I prefer untranslated games as I don't have too many problems understading japanese, as long there's not too much text to read, where the tiring factor comes in. Plus, learning japanese (new words, etc) while playing is 25% the fun to me
User35785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 08:10   Link #1614
cyth
ふひひ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by User35785 View Post
What does "bgame" mean anyway?
He probably means "bishoujo games". It doesn't mean anything nor is it a widely accepted abbreviation.
__________________

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-31 at 20:55. Reason: Edited user name in quote
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 19:15   Link #1615
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by User35785 View Post
I've seen some episodes of the anime when it came out several months ago, it wasn't all that great so I dropped it after a few episodes. The game could be fun though! Thanks for your suggestion.
It was not fault of the original game's story. The director of the TV series said in a interview he HATES tsunderes. You can't never expect a good thing when the own director dislikes what he's doing. Besides, they used an ugly character design, nothing like the original.

The original creator of the game probably learned his lesson, because his next game to be turned into an anime - KIMIARU: THEY ARE MY NOBLE MASTERS - he will direct the TV show himself.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-31 at 20:55. Reason: Editing user name in quote
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 21:12   Link #1616
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
The original creator of the game probably learned his lesson, because his next game to be turned into an anime - KIMIARU: THEY ARE MY NOBLE MASTERS - he will direct the TV show himself.
Well, the series composition and some script work as opposed to directing (a scriptwriter wouldn't become the director), but yes. As was pointed out in the thread, that's sort of becoming a new trend, and I think it's probably a good thing. Certainly at least has the potential to result in works that are truer in spirit to the original game, whether or not they follow the game script entirely (see also D.C. II).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 06:27   Link #1617
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
To Heart 2 another days got pushed back to February 29th....

that's over 3 months, I think I might cry. I was really looking forward to having this over the holidays.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 07:44   Link #1618
User35785
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
It was not fault of the original game's story. The director of the TV series said in a interview he HATES tsunderes. You can't never expect a good thing when the own director dislikes what he's doing. Besides, they used an ugly character design, nothing like the original.
I didn't know that, it's no wonder then that the anime lacked in many aspects.

Quote:
The original creator of the game probably learned his lesson, because his next game to be turned into an anime - KIMIARU: THEY ARE MY NOBLE MASTERS - he will direct the TV show himself.
Nice to know. Which would be a better game (story, artwork, comedy, ecc) to play anyway - Tsuyokisu or Kimiaru? Thanks to everybody's suggestions now I have quite a list of eroge to play... maybe a bit too long so I have to drop something due to time constraints.

By the way, I've just started Tsunagaru Bangle.
User35785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 10:00   Link #1619
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by User35785 View Post
Which would be a better game (story, artwork, comedy, ecc) to play anyway - Tsuyokisu or Kimiaru? Thanks to everybody's suggestions now I have quite a list of eroge to play... maybe a bit too long so I have to drop something due to time constraints.
I'm not sure because i still need to play both the games, but many guys said even thought KIMIARU is a very good game, TSUYOKISS is even better!

So you can try to play TSUYOKISS first and KIMIARU later. That's what i'm intenting to do.


Quote:
By the way, I've just started Tsunagaru Bangle.
What game is that? Any link or image?


By the way, i'm playing DEUS MAQUINA DEMONBANE from Nitroplus now. Even thought the character design was a little strange to me, It's more funny than i thought. The protagonist - Kuro - is a poor, out-of-luck and bankrupt detective allways trying to get some free meal in the church. Very funny! Even the mad scentist-villain is truly mad!!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-31 at 20:55. Reason: Edited user name in quote
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 11:50   Link #1620
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
What game is that? Any link or image?
It's the latest work by Windmill (who made Happiness!). I posted some thoughts about it here a few weeks. It's very much a light-hearted romantic comedy sort of game.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.