AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 43 30.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 40.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 15.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.44%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-03, 22:30   Link #181
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
This episode would have been good if it weren't for the crappy attempts at romance.

Lol at:
Felt: You are kind, Lockon
Lockon: Only to girls

Lockon = Kurz Weber ver.2 is now certain. And we already had a Gauron.

And why are they giving so much attention to Felt? She sucks, yay for Rei clone #153294886.

And more Saji x Louise pointlessness, w00t. Sergei saved the episode.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 22:34   Link #182
Honey_and_Cleaver
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
This episode would have been good if it weren't for the crappy attempts at romance.

Lol at:
Felt: You are kind, Lockon
Lockon: Only to girls

Lockon = Kurz Weber ver.2 is now certain. And we already had a Gauron.

And why are they giving so much attention to Felt? She sucks, yay for Rei clone #153294886.

And more Saji x Louise pointlessness, w00t. Sergei saved the episode.

Nah it was good. Crappy romance, its not often u get a villain looking guy hitting girls, especially someone like Rei with longer hair is better, anyway i think shes gothic character,quiet and looks at her hair, anyway shes uberly cute.

This episode is good coz the gundams are having a rough time. Its better than GSD.
__________________
LOLIKON STRATOS! TA-RU-GE-TO! NARAI DE UTZEEEEYYYY!


Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 23:08   Link #183
Ninjacat
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Nah it was good. Crappy romance, its not often u get a villain looking guy hitting girls, especially someone like Rei with longer hair is better, anyway i think shes gothic character,quiet and looks at her hair, anyway shes uberly cute.

This episode is good coz the gundams are having a rough time. Its better than GSD.
Don't get your hopes up. The current crisis will be dealt with in about four minutes, five if Segei is really lucky.

This is Gundam after all...
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 23:25   Link #184
Honey_and_Cleaver
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacat View Post
Don't get your hopes up. The current crisis will be dealt with in about four minutes, five if Segei is really lucky.

This is Gundam after all...
Dont worry, im not in it for the fights really, just the mechas, cute lolis and cool bishies.
__________________
LOLIKON STRATOS! TA-RU-GE-TO! NARAI DE UTZEEEEYYYY!


Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 23:46   Link #185
qx123
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
I would have to agree, he would need to aim better, if he is in a defensive position.

Lockon prove that he still has good accuracy despite the instability.

I have another question, why didn't Sumeragi switch the postion of the the gundams. To have Kyrios and dynames handle the defense, while virtue and exia take out the enemies or some other combination.
Kyrios is faster and so would be a better choice. Perhaps Sumeragi
had wanted Virtue to shoot his mega cannons in the back of the hrl troops
and hence just kept Exia and Dynames behind.

If dynames is in perfect condition, it might well be dynames and kyrios going forward.
qx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 23:56   Link #186
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
This episode would have been good if it weren't for the crappy attempts at romance.

Lol at:
Felt: You are kind, Lockon
Lockon: Only to girls

Lockon = Kurz Weber ver.2 is now certain. And we already had a Gauron.

And why are they giving so much attention to Felt? She sucks, yay for Rei clone #153294886.

And more Saji x Louise pointlessness, w00t. Sergei saved the episode.
For the last time Ali Al Sarshes is absolutely nothing like Gauron. If people are seeing Gauron in him then they are really trying to hard. Tell me how he is like Gauron and I will gladly prove otherwise.

And Full Metal Panic does not have a monopoly on suave gentleman characters with narcissitic tendencies that throws around pick up lines. Shinichiro Miki has been playing this type of character for a long long time.

As for what you call a Rei Clone, this is known as a waif (or so I've heard, I just call them quiet types). There have been these types of characters in Gundam long before Ayanami Rei came around. One shining example while not before Evangelion (but during it) is Tifa Adil from Gundam X. Felt takes more cues from Tifa then Rei in her tendency to speak more then one sentence at a time. If you want to go even further back though there was the awkardly quiet Lalah Sune right from the beginning, who only ever talked openly to Char (they might even be paying tribute a bit to the whole Char and his relationship with younger waifish girls here) and Amuro.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-12-04 at 00:10.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 23:59   Link #187
Cherudim Arche
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Kyrios is the best option for defense in that situation, not attacking the enemies. Virtue, it doesn't matter for its attack position is completely compromise with defense or offense.

Dynames is grounded because of the leg, so it can't do anything else.

Exia could have handle the opponents a lot faster considering the strategy employed.

The combination or pointless for exia and dynames because they can't balance the defense position well enough. Dynames can probably handle it with the main ship, but that will take too much time.


Sumeragi said already how important dynames is in this predicatment even before ambush.

Last edited by Cherudim Arche; 2007-12-04 at 00:23.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 00:16   Link #188
Honey_and_Cleaver
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Id probrably send Exia to attack and Kryios for back up and Virtue and Dynames for guarding ship.
__________________
LOLIKON STRATOS! TA-RU-GE-TO! NARAI DE UTZEEEEYYYY!


Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 00:27   Link #189
Cherudim Arche
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
That would work in a regular situation, but not in the ambush they have now. For they can only create more opporunities to destroy the enemy or escape.

Virtue would be better as a 2nd layer defense, not with dynames and kyrios handling situation like that kamikaze. Exia could charge at the enemy, while Virtue takes continual sweep at the enemy and let exia to destroy stray enemies.

They can't send kyrios out for attack because it will force them into a more desperate situation instead of outlasting them.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 01:11   Link #190
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
He missed a lot because the adjustment for the Dynames wasn't finished and those Tieren were moving frequently and since Dynames was force to stay in the ship it would be hard to lock on to the enemy.
It's a stable firing platform. If he can't shoot them from there, he can't shoot them at all. (Unless he gets at point blank range or something, but what kind of "sniper" needs to walk up to his target before shooting it?)

Also, why did he insist on standing on one leg instead of firing from the prone position? So he could use the leg thing for his inability to hit the broad side of a barn?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 01:33   Link #191
Cherudim Arche
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
That would be due to visibility for position would change how it works. Yes, crouching would work, but accuracy would be limited. So I agree, that Lockon chose the best position despite problems from the leg being locked at the doors. He has to constantly relay messages to the main ship for it become effective, if that is possible.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 01:46   Link #192
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Setsuna's aiming has always been horrid.
well, he actually scored a hit against one of the incoming missiles. I think there was some interview that says Setsuna suffers something psychological that makes him think it doesn't feel right for him to dispatch enemy from afar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Dont worry, im not in it for the fights really, just the mechas, cute lolis and cool bishies.
well I like fights, but cute lolis are even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
As for what you call a Rei Clone, this is known as a waif (or so I've heard, I just call them quiet types). There have been these types of characters in Gundam long before Ayanami Rei came around. One shining example while not before Evangelion (but during it) is Tifa Adil from Gundam X. Felt takes more cues from Tifa then Rei in her tendency to speak more then one sentence at a time. If you want to go even further back though there was the awkardly quiet Lalah Sune right from the beginning, who only ever talked openly to Char (they might even be paying tribute a bit to the whole Char and his relationship with younger waifish girls here) and Amuro.
well, when lolickon told Felt that she has inherited the will of her parents, I was actually reminded of Mariemaia Khushrenada, and even Mineva Lao Zabi (the first loli of a Gundam show? )
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 02:51   Link #193
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
Kyrios is the best option for defense in that situation, not attacking the enemies. Virtue, it doesn't matter for its attack position is completely compromise with defense or offense.
Kyrios was their best counterattacker if only because its speed (I'm assuming that it's significantly faster) would allow it to return to Ptolemaios the quickest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
That would be due to visibility for position would change how it works. Yes, crouching would work, but accuracy would be limited. So I agree, that Lockon chose the best position despite problems from the leg being locked at the doors. He has to constantly relay messages to the main ship for it become effective, if that is possible.
Crouching is the second-most stable firing position, and aside from being prone, would produce the most accuracy. Moreover, Dynames' gun has a bipod, so it should have been fairly accurate unless its fire control system was compromised. I think that this one can be chalked up to authorial fiat.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...

Last edited by 4Tran; 2007-12-04 at 03:09.
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 03:01   Link #194
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
I also wondered why Dynames didn't prone.

There was a small discussion in the previous pages about Virtue next episode.

I'm looking forward to a 'Jacket Armour purge!!' as well, then maybe a Black Sarena style armour dispatching enemies behind it. But Tieria most probably doesn't have any drop of hot blood in him.

I give episode 9 a 9, I'm thinking episode 10 would get a 10 lol. Looking forward to Hallelujah mode, armour purging and 'wings'.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 03:32   Link #195
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Philippines
Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo Send a message via Skype™ to mikeabundo
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I also wondered why Dynames didn't prone.
If he went prone, he wouldn't be able to fire all those crazy hip missiles.

Either way, it seems the only reason Lockon ever misses is because of plot necessity.
__________________
mikeabundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 03:39   Link #196
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeabundo View Post
If he went prone, he wouldn't be able to fire all those crazy hip missiles.
Hmmm yea, you are right, but unless he planned on using them from the start, he should have been in prone.

About these missiles, I'm thinking they are projectiles that fire a secondary ammunition. They attach themselves to the targets and fire more projectiles/shrapnel or even GN particles into them.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 03:45   Link #197
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post

well, when lolickon told Felt that she has inherited the will of her parents, I was actually reminded of Mariemaia Khushrenada, and even Mineva Lao Zabi (the first loli of a Gundam show? )
Unless you count Kika.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 04:20   Link #198
Honey_and_Cleaver
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
That would work in a regular situation, but not in the ambush they have now. For they can only create more opporunities to destroy the enemy or escape.

Virtue would be better as a 2nd layer defense, not with dynames and kyrios handling situation like that kamikaze. Exia could charge at the enemy, while Virtue takes continual sweep at the enemy and let exia to destroy stray enemies.

They can't send kyrios out for attack because it will force them into a more desperate situation instead of outlasting them.
Id just send Exia for distraction. Kryrios as 3rd layer, Virtue 2nd and Dynames is no choice but 1st layer.

Kryios can always rush back and fourth, but i think if they were comming in all directions, its better to send kryious out to open a way. I dont actually know sumeragi's plan in attack from the rear is pretty strange when you got powerful gundams. Maybe she wants to surround them so they cant spread, but thats impossible in space.
__________________
LOLIKON STRATOS! TA-RU-GE-TO! NARAI DE UTZEEEEYYYY!


Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 06:43   Link #199
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I never thought very highly of Destiny's combat choreography.
Well, I did with a few of the crucial fights. Opinions, eh?

Quote:
Sometimes tact and cowardice are the same thing. So far, the status quo means doing nothing after getting attacked.
Wrong. Tact is temperance. Cowardice is avoidance. AEU and Union both showed that they know how to work their agendas into the battle even after getting flattened by CB. You're basically factually wrong on this one.

Quote:
I'm referring to the fact that the HRL used the disruption effect to track Celestial Being, and that I'd been hoping that someone would clue into such techniques.
Apparently only HRL has the resources (which doesn't make sense considering how big AEU and Union are) to make such a communication device.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with military discipline since even civilian crews should man their bridge at all times.
They are out in SPACE and you would think that in a drifting-mode, civilian crafts would not worry about crashing into anything (SPACE, not some highway or even an ocean. There is nothing to worry about while you're in orbit and when you're CLOAKED no less). The lackadaisical attitudes of even Sumeragi and Felt proves that. If there was a military discipline, there would be officers in proper shifts.

Quote:
And she concluded that it was him, so how does this address what I pointed out?
100%? Because you said it like she knew it from the start. That is not the point. She knew after it was too late by sending the two Gundams off. Pay attention here.

Quote:
One would presume that Sumeragi knew where she was going since she was the one who dictated their paths.
No. Like you said, there was no way she would have known it would be Sergei from the beginning. It was AFTER things got messy that she knew. Why do you put it like Sumeragi is a fortune teller?

Quote:
This "stealth" is only effective against radio waves and the like; it'd still be foolish to be close to someplace that's certain to be monitored.
Visual contact in space is next to impossible in actual practicality and you can't expect HRL to just scan space thinking that CB would be close. THAT is why they were surprised CB's ship was so close.

Quote:
Why do you say that you disagree? That's pretty much what I said, only I couched it in terms of initiative.
Why are you ignoring the finer points I made before? Like I said, the situation they're in, there is no safe haven for Gundams once they are not in operation. You can't seriously expect them to take the initiation all the time. And according to the show, the actions went on for MONTHS, successfully until they were caught off guard. It has nothing to do with taking an initiative. Numbers-wise, pattern-wise, there was no reason to think that CB would not get away with it with equal ease.

PS- Regarding Dynames, I guess the Gundam needed a more stable platform than anything. Not everything in a Gundam show has to make perfect sense. Dynames is a mystery since it seems it needs to be grounded while others don't. Even Exia.

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2007-12-04 at 07:02.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 08:08   Link #200
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Nah it was good. Crappy romance, its not often u get a villain looking guy hitting girls, especially someone like Rei with longer hair is better, anyway i think shes gothic character,quiet and looks at her hair, anyway shes uberly cute.

This episode is good coz the gundams are having a rough time. Its better than GSD.
I'm afraid I don't give a crap about how good-looking a character is, if they're as unoriginal and bland as Felt.

And GSD, up to episode 9, was pretty good. Better than this anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
For the last time Ali Al Sarshes is absolutely nothing like Gauron. If people are seeing Gauron in him then they are really trying to hard. Tell me how he is like Gauron and I will gladly prove otherwise.

And Full Metal Panic does not have a monopoly on suave gentleman characters with narcissitic tendencies that throws around pick up lines. Shinichiro Miki has been playing this type of character for a long long time.

As for what you call a Rei Clone, this is known as a waif (or so I've heard, I just call them quiet types). There have been these types of characters in Gundam long before Ayanami Rei came around. One shining example while not before Evangelion (but during it) is Tifa Adil from Gundam X. Felt takes more cues from Tifa then Rei in her tendency to speak more then one sentence at a time. If you want to go even further back though there was the awkardly quiet Lalah Sune right from the beginning, who only ever talked openly to Char (they might even be paying tribute a bit to the whole Char and his relationship with younger waifish girls here) and Amuro.
I was joking about Gauron... the only thing that he and Ali have in common is the relation to the main character, I know.

As for Lockon and Kurz, it's not just the voice actor and him picking up girls. Everything else just matches up... he acts as a big brother to the main character, is lively and easy-going, sniper, bishie with long fluffly hair, etc. They're just too much alike. I'm not saying Gundam 00 purposely ripped off FMP, but it makes me not really care about Lockon when I've seen the exact same character before.

Same goes for Felt. I just called her Rei clone cause Rei is the most well-known and first to become really popular of that archetype, but yes there were other "quiet girls" before her. Regardless, Felt's character has been done so many times before that it makes me yawn when she's on screen. If it weren't for her looks nobody would care about her.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.