AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Myself; Yourself

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 50 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 30.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-05, 20:52   Link #61
rg4619
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
It's unnatural, and I think it looks creepier than red.
The blood will probably be red on DVD. Coloring it black is for broadcast purposes.

Quote:
Blood is in actuality dark when in the human body. It gets the characteristic red color from the oxygen in the air.
Cut an artery, and you'll be spurting bright red (oxygenated) blood. It all depends on where you get injured.
rg4619 is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 20:58   Link #62
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
To be frank i don't see what the big deal is with blood. When people get cut they bleed! And when blood leaves the body it's red! IMO mainstream TV media is turning into a giant pussy. Every thing has to be all chocolate and rainbows to children. All this does is that when children that are too shielded (not just from TV but helicopter parents) grow up and face the real world the difference is too great and they get a mini culture shock, get overwhelmed and turn emo. Gross generalisation I know but you get the idea.
That's not the problem.

Human beings are programmed to react to blood, and that's why movie makers go through all the trouble to get the perfect fake blood.

Now, in the first few episodes, there was only a little blood (like the fish knife), so that isn't a cause for traumas. However, here he have a stabbing that results in extreme spilling. This is certainly a case where it's better to be safe than sorry.



Believe me, I know: I was once very traumatic to blood, after seeing my friend being blown up by a mine, while we were in service at the DMZ.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 21:35   Link #63
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
out of curiosity... How come some fansubbers are using the term "mum" and not mom? It feels so awkward in an anime.... are the translators from the UK or something?
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 22:01   Link #64
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
*Science hour!*
Blood is in actuality dark when in the human body. It gets the characteristic red color from the oxygen in the air. If it was a larger pool of blood it would take much longer to redden in color. However it still shouldn't be black it it was only added for censorship. Sorry, but being the science geek I am I had to say that
Actually, only "de-oxygenated" blood is dark colored (deep purple), the red comes from oxygen binding hemoglobin.

Apparently, the Japanese media has gone crazy over a few instances of Otakus abducting/killing people. So I guess the public thinks showing Otakus blood will somehow make them "even more likely" to kill people.

I agree in that it takes away a lot of the drama. In Claymore, the Youma spray purple blood and Claymores/Humans have red. The impact of seeing red blood vs another color is completely different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post

Believe me, I know: I was once very traumatic to blood, after seeing my friend being blown up by a mine, while we were in service at the DMZ.
I'm so sorry for your loss...I've been to parts of China with live mines, I'll never forget that fear. It's seriously irresponsible for US/Former USSR to just intervene, plant mines all over the place then leave it to the Koreans to deal with the consequences (not just physical consequences like the mines either, political, military, etc.). It's not just in Korea either, many countries in Asia have the exact same problem. I digress...
__________________
tripperazn is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 22:16   Link #65
Zippicus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Spoiler for Thoughts:

Last edited by Zippicus; 2007-12-05 at 22:17. Reason: spoilage
Zippicus is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 22:20   Link #66
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Aoi is the culprit... That annoying *laugh* is masking her evil side I tells ya
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 22:36   Link #67
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
Spoiler for Thoughts:
Couldn't have put it better myself. Except I seriously doubt that it's Asami. She shows pity/concern when Shuuri was crying on the Ferris Wheel. She also risked her life to protect Shuuri from crazy old lady. If there was one character who actually cares about the twins it would seem to be Asami at the moment.

Also, Asami's Mom was confirmed to not be Shuuri's stepmom. Her actual mom was shown with her dad in front of the ER operating room. There is no motive at the moment.
__________________
tripperazn is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 22:44   Link #68
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
You're kidding me, right? You did not down-rate this episode just because they have made a move towards the "let's use black blood because we care about not making our viewers kill people in real life" action. I've seen worse reasons for down-rating an episode, but not much worse. And it's only your foolish assumption that causes the black blood to remind you of School Days. School Days is not the only other anime to use black blood. And how did Higurashi do it "better"? Animated blood is animated blood.
If you think I downrated it because of another show I watched, you're wrong. I do not want to be reminded of school days, but that's not the reason I downrated it.

You want my full list of reasons?
1. Violence in a romance is a bad thing
2. Black Blood is weird
3. The violence was random with no build up
4. If you're going to show violence, show it!
5. When did that woman even pick up a knife?

I don't see why I cannot downrate an episode when I didn't like it. Some things just ruin episodes or series to me. That was one of them. School Days was on pace for a 9 overall when they aired the last episode, which knocked it down to a 6. It killed the series for me.
This killed the episode.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 23:10   Link #69
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Well. Knock me over with a feather. Who knew that this somewhat lame and emotion-free show would get so intense?

I liked the past two episodes, although I do agree with ChrissieXD that the emotional trajectory was a bit sudden. It's almost as if they're making it up as they go along.

But Tamura Yukari was so good in this episode. And the whole situation with the twins is quite involving -- as is Sana-Nanaka, whenever we get back to that.

I thought the black worked for the blood. No big deal one way or the other. But I agree it may have been a weird form of self-censorship. On the other hand, I'm not a big fan of the violence in either School Days or Higurashi, so having it infiltrate here is no great thrill for me.
__________________
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga the Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Knights of Sidonia | Black Bullet
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 23:25   Link #70
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
lol I've been out scienced. kudos :P
__________________
Goodbye AnimeSuki
You have lost your once great spirit
SeedFreedom is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 23:29   Link #71
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
If you think I downrated it because of another show I watched, you're wrong. I do not want to be reminded of school days, but that's not the reason I downrated it.

You want my full list of reasons?
1. Violence in a romance is a bad thing
2. Black Blood is weird
3. The violence was random with no build up
4. If you're going to show violence, show it!
5. When did that woman even pick up a knife?

I don't see why I cannot downrate an episode when I didn't like it. Some things just ruin episodes or series to me. That was one of them. School Days was on pace for a 9 overall when they aired the last episode, which knocked it down to a 6. It killed the series for me.
This killed the episode.
Actually, you are incorrect in thinking that I said I thought you downrated it because of SD. I said I thought you downrated it because of the black blood, which you yourself just specifically said is one of the reasons. I'm sorry you don't like it when animators use different colors for blood to do what they think will help avoid real people being killed in real life by loony otakus who take their anime way too seriously.

On the side, a few other glaringly odd things in there I see: Point 1, in large quantities yes, but in small portions such as this case, how so? And even if that were true, the show isn't about violence in the first place, it was to set up drama. Point 3, isn't that what happens when people go into a psychotic episode? Point 4, why do they have to? Point 5, what happened to the knife that Shuri was using to peel the apples? It's not like the kids tossed it out the window when they were done with it.

You're free to not like what you don't like, but don't make it out to be a sacrilege.
__________________
Shinji103 is online now  
Old 2007-12-05, 23:49   Link #72
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Wow very emotional ep, the family problems that Shuu and Shuri have seemed very real, made worse by their father running for an election. What Shuri said to her father when he tells her she's going to London makes me think that Shuri's father is into dodgy business (taking bribes ect).

The relationship between Shuu and Shuri was very intimate, but that just shows the extent of their sibling love for each other. Shuri pointed out herself that Shuu must also be in pain, the two siblings are brought closer together during their mother's death and after their father gets married.

Ok that creepy old lady has now made her move, but it wasn't on Nanaka as we would expect but on Shuri. Hopefully now she's going to get locked up and we'll never have to hear from her again. Although I did find the scene with the old lady hard to believe, when the old lady said she was going to use Shuri as a sacrifice, she had enough space to run to the door, considering the distance the old lady leaves between them and the rate in which she's walking. Shuri however unrealistically goes further away from the door and allows herself to be cornered..

Definitely an interesting ep, alot of things happening and we even got a small hint of Sana's traumatic past, I'd give it 9/10, while it's good, too many things were happening at the same time.
__________________
holyman282 is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 23:55   Link #73
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I'm not sure what to make of this episode really. For some reason, I couldn't enjoy it as much as the last episode.

The relationship between Shuu and Shuri to me definitely seems of a close sibling love towards each other. I just never got the vibe that they were in love with each other. I can't imagine who would have sent in the letter to the school. I really doubt it's Hoshino and now it seems too obvious to be the stepmother. Personally, I hope it's the vice principal, so someone can give him the beating he needs. But that's not gonna happen.

No Hinako. No Aoi. Very little Nanaka. Dammit.

I'm very curious to see what, if anything, happens to Kaji-san. I mean, isn't that attempted murder? Hoshino really deserves better. So far, she's only been in the series as the source of jealously for Nanaka. In this episode, she accidently gets hit by Shuri and stabbed by Kaji. I mean, I can't help but feel really sorry for her. What she ever do to deserve this? I guess they needed every character to feel some type of pain, whether it be physically or emotionally.

I felt it was weird he freaked out from the knife and blood, but didn't seemed so freaked out when Kaji stabbed Hoshino. The thing I'm really interested to find out is Sana's past. I mean after everything that happened in the series so far (the fire, the twins' family situation, the accident that killed Kaji's granddaughter, the stabbing of Hoshino), it seems to be building up the revelation of Sana's past. So, I'm intrigued to know how bad his five years away from the town were.
__________________

Last edited by puretsundere; 2007-12-06 at 00:12.
puretsundere is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 23:58   Link #74
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Shuri however unrealistically goes further away from the door and allows herself to be cornered..
when people get scared shitless they don't really think. At least that's why I think Shuri didn't run. Think deer in front of in coming head lights.
Hypernova is offline  
Old 2007-12-05, 23:59   Link #75
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wow. This deserves a 10/10 from me and nothing less. It just captures my attention so much (and anime doesn't really do this often anymore) and this is just great drama. The one thing that makes this episode special is that this is good drama without romance, and for me that's epic.

I really like when Shuu asks Shuri what's wrong and she was still worried about Asami more than her own problems. That says that Shuri is very strong inside and I'm liking her character more and more. Sure this episode had many things happening. It's not confusing, though, so I think that it worked out great.

About the black blood, I not sure what they're trying to do, since it scares me more than the red blood.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2007-12-06, 00:12   Link #76
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
I see some ppl are going with the "Aoi mastermind plot" like I did with "Kokoro mastermind plot" in School Days. I'm very fond of the "it would totally never be that person behind it all!" theme myself. It would make for a great watch

good ep. lots happening but no Aoi-chwan

lol now is it odd that I'm one that tries to hold my wee sis's hand or give her a big hug? but I think its more down to me being silly and wanting to embarrass her
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now  
Old 2007-12-06, 00:29   Link #77
Zippicus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
I saw a few people mention that the old lady stabbed Asami. All the evidence shown points to a chair (the one next to her bed to be exact) being used. The sound effect used was an impact type sound rather than a stabby sound. Then when they cut to the scene there was that chair lying on the ground next to the unconcious Asami. The bandage around her head in the preview looks more like a blunt force trauma type wound as well.
Zippicus is offline  
Old 2007-12-06, 00:37   Link #78
Chewy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Age: 29
I'm surprised, given the atmosphere for twincest in this episode, that no one has yet to make a joke about Shuusuke waxing his pole before heading to his sister's room
Chewy is offline  
Old 2007-12-06, 00:47   Link #79
SareX
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Future of Myself; Yourself

I need to know, because this is starting to look like a dramatic piece like School Days and I tell You I don't want to see one like that EVER again. If anyone has any information(spoilers) on whats to happen on the future episodes of this show please I need to know... So I wont go through another of them dramatic series when you can't ever stop thinking about it and it just drives you nuts, this episode was starting to bring my question and soo many other peoples to show. "Will this be like School Days?"

Thanks in advance

~SareX
SareX is offline  
Old 2007-12-06, 00:56   Link #80
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SareX View Post
I need to know, because this is starting to look like a dramatic piece like School Days and I tell You I don't want to see one like that EVER again. If anyone has any information(spoilers) on whats to happen on the future episodes of this show please I need to know... So I wont go through another of them dramatic series when you can't ever stop thinking about it and it just drives you nuts, this episode was starting to bring my question and soo many other peoples to show. "Will this be like School Days?"

Thanks in advance

~SareX
*Attempts to blow off steam*


We don't know. The game hasn't even been released yet -_-


Just be patient.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.