AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-06, 16:42   Link #1
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Oddities

kk, my requests always end up painfully difficult, with little to nothing that I haven't seen and a hilariously low amount of replies. I think I'm officially a difficult person >_<

So today, I'm leaving it at least considerably open. I just want something weird. Something that is in some way odd. It dosn't have to make you think especially hard (reccommend those anyway if you have them, though, I'm a BIG Lain fan and all). just something seperate from the norm. The plot doesn't have to be especially unique (I feel like I've covered most of those shows -_-) just... odd. The best example I can think of is Yume Tsukai which isn't terribly unique in plot, but just plain strange.

And by all means, http://myanimelist.net/animelist/2007DigitalBoy, look at this before you post.
Old 2007-12-06, 16:55   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

Princess Tutu - most definitely odd, the protagonist being a duck (in the form of a girl), and what with all the ballet fighting... it's actually quite good though
Ghost Hunt - fun and creepy
Old 2007-12-06, 18:19   Link #3
psgels

Send a message via MSN to psgels
I noticed how you don't have Noein on your list, which is quite the unique series with its quantum-physics and multiple dimensions and all. Hi no Tori also fits the bill, with its rather "creative" storylines. FLAG is another recommendation, and it's probably the most realistical war-story out there (the entire series is also told through the perspective of a camera).
Old 2007-12-06, 18:22   Link #4
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Odd anime? That's nice. How about Perfect Blue?
Old 2007-12-06, 18:40   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Jungle wa Itsumo Hale noche Guu comes immediately to mind. Guu is, well, weird.

Oh! Edo Rocket, currently being subbed, is also rather weird, but funny. It takes place in a row house in nineteenth century ("Edo period") Tokyo, yet many of the people have TVs (broadcast only, though, haven't seen any cable) and at least one of them maintains a blog. Oh, and there're aliens, too, who travel in saucer-shaped spaceships. One of my picks for best soundtrack of the year (see link in sig), and in my top-five for 2007.
Old 2007-12-06, 18:59   Link #6
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Odd anime? That's nice. How about Perfect Blue?
I watched this years ago and hated it. I think I ought to reatch it as a mature person, but I doubt I'll loose my predisposition to hating it.

Also, psgels, I should mention that I absolutely hate war-stories. However, otherwise, I see some really interesting choices! this is the second time I've been told to watch Princess tutu so now I'm becoming interested... I just can't get past the concept >_<
Old 2007-12-07, 02:35   Link #7
kjk8288
Caffein &gt; Sleep

Baccano!: Can't get more unique and wierd as this lol. Dark and twisted kind of comedy, it's the kind of unique comedy that grabs your attention although you know that it's stupid (mostly in it for the blood).
Welcome to the NHK: You'll probably never find an anime thats similiar to this. It's about failures who can't get into or be accepted into society and them struggling their way into the world. The manga does alot better job of showing the twisted sides of the characters then the anime does.
Hayate no gotoku: It's more of a parody that emitates stuff from other animations. It's a good and recommanded series if you have seen ALOT of animes arleady.
Old 2007-12-07, 04:29   Link #8
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Digi Charat one of the most random shows i have ever watched it is a unique oddity and u wont get much more stupider plot lines lol its good for a laugh.

Ama is so Kawaii, But Sakura kinomoto will always be no1
Long live Kitto Kitto Kaede!
Old 2007-12-07, 06:24   Link #9
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk8288 View Post
Baccano!: Can't get more unique and wierd as this lol. Dark and twisted kind of comedy, it's the kind of unique comedy that grabs your attention although you know that it's stupid (mostly in it for the blood).
Welcome to the NHK: You'll probably never find an anime thats similiar to this. It's about failures who can't get into or be accepted into society and them struggling their way into the world. The manga does alot better job of showing the twisted sides of the characters then the anime does.
Hayate no gotoku: It's more of a parody that emitates stuff from other animations. It's a good and recommanded series if you have seen ALOT of animes arleady.
lol, that's why I said to look at the link. Baccano! and NHK are already in my top 5 no less, and I've seen a lot of Hayate.

As for Digi Chara... O_o nothankyou...
Old 2007-12-07, 08:00   Link #10
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Moyashimon and mononoke are probably the wierdest shows out this season

editl
maybe denno coil too
Closed Thread