AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-06, 23:29   Link #1
Animeftwftl

Protagonist

The type of protagonist I'm looking for is someone that is confident and knows what he/she is doing. Decisive, straight to the point, and strong. Another thing I'd like to associate with the protagonist is if he/she was shunned by their family or friends when they were younger or something similar to that. I'm a sucker for someone that becomes something unexpected after being told that he/she can't become what they desire.

The genre doesn't really matter to me.
Old 2007-12-06, 23:32   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

You've been watching Kaze no Stigma, you might as well say it.

Juuni Kokuki - if you're willing to watch something where she becomes decisive and strong, through the trials of the anime... where she is oppressed in the beginning, partly because of her attitude, and becomes something greater, though something her family will never get to see.
Old 2007-12-06, 23:36   Link #3
Animeftwftl

Haha, I actually haven't seen Kaze no Stigma, I guess I'll check it out along with
Juuni Kokuki. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 2007-12-06, 23:42   Link #4
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeftwftl View Post
Haha, I actually haven't seen Kaze no Stigma, I guess
lol, oh. It's not really that great of an anime imho, but it fits your description exactly.
Old 2007-12-07, 01:54   Link #5
psgels

Send a message via MSN to psgels
Honoka from The Third fits the description as well. She's basically a defective member of a certain magical race, and expelled from them. She grows up to be quite a strong mercenary, who knows exactly what she wants.
Old 2007-12-07, 02:54   Link #6
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Ai Yori Aoshi: the character falls under the family problem thing, feel good romance (i highly recommend it for romace fans)

Code Geass: great characters especially the protaganist and incase you don't like mecha, it is mecha - good mecha

Kaze no Stigma: family problem as well, shounen type action (as jedinat stated, its sounds exactly what you are describing)
Old 2007-12-07, 08:49   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The male lead in Nodame Cantabile, Chiaki Shinichi, has the characteristics you describe. He's a gifted, but arrogant, musician studying in a Japanese classical music college. Chiaki wants to become a conductor, but his prospects are limited because of a fear of flying based on a childhood trauma. His relationship with his family is also a bit strained.

Oh, and I just thought I'd add another recommendation for Junni Kokki ("Twelve Kingdoms" in my sig).

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2007-12-07 at 11:47. Reason: Junni Kokki
Closed Thread