AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-01, 13:42   Link #1
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Suggestions for My Next Watch-lists

OK... What I enjoyed watching... I mean really:
1.Nodame Cantabile- topped my list because of the eccentric Nodame..and very interesting storyline of music...
2. Honey and Clover- former top of the list but still very good because of the romance that push them to there dreams.
3. Clannad- currently watching... Good lines of music, story, Kyoani, and comedy plus drama.... and romance
4. Kanon- same as Clannad only a little disappointment for something

5.Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi- Interesting, weird and a very good slice of life and hidden romance that even the whole world is affected...

Ok what I want is something that special... I want to feel the Slice-of-life, romance, comedy unity....and beautiful story.... What I want is after watching... you feel the life is worth living...and finally pushing you forward to reach your dreams and hope for love....
So any suggestions.....Sorry if I'm very specific....
Old 2007-12-01, 14:03   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

Planetes - slice of life about following dreams, has some romance... I don't know if you'll feel "life is worth living" afterwards, because I never finished it (not because I didn't think it was a good anime... just, with where the show was going, and how I was feeling at the time, and the other things I had to watch...I never got around to it)
Futatsu no Spica - nice slice of life about following dreams...no real romance in this case though
Old 2007-12-01, 17:26   Link #3
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Planetes - slice of life about following dreams, has some romance... I don't know if you'll feel "life is worth living" afterwards, because I never finished it (not because I didn't think it was a good anime... just, with where the show was going, and how I was feeling at the time, and the other things I had to watch...I never got around to it)
I'll say as someone who has finished Planetes, it definitely makes you feel life is worth living even though the characters have had their ideals and principles dashed to pieces when they come face to face with reality. Despite the horror they each face, there's hope in the end.

Mushishi - slice of life. Episodic, but it follows the travel of the Mushi doctor, Ginko. His past is revealed halfway through the anime. On top of the simply beautiful animation, music and that peaceful yet melancholy feel of the stories, each story draws you into the particular problem between mushi and human and between human and human, gradually unravelling as Ginko finds out the cause of the mushi's activities. You'll find humour rather than comedy in Mushishi, restrained romance in Ginko's life (though that's not the focus of the anime).
Old 2007-12-01, 20:06   Link #4
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Air

Also made by Kyoani/Key and is fitting to your criteria.

Another one might be Myself ; Yourself. Currently ongoing. It's a bit slow and average at the first episodes but gets better.
Old 2007-12-01, 21:31   Link #5
d.sinclair

for sure Planetes and Mushishi, Mushishi is like 26 little beautiful stories in one anime.

Doesn't exactly fit all the requirements, but if you're looking for anime that makes you feel good about life I'd say the Aria series.
Old 2007-12-02, 04:01   Link #6
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

I think I'll add Planetes and Mushishi Ok for next criteria
how about the balance of comedy and drama....? What really interests me is the overused of comedy but suddenly dramatic finished....like a perfect or genius guy...with an eccentric girl... now that's the reason why I loved the Nodame...Romance is the main plot.....famous girl +snobbish guy...or very unpopular guy....or vice versa...
Old 2007-12-02, 22:45   Link #7
shalom89
Hinagiku Katsura is hot!!

You can watch ova if u dun mind

1st i recommend is Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, has a good ending IMO, something that is lacking in many anime. Its has romance and glimpse of comedy in it.

next is I''S, where the main guy falls in love with a girl out of his league.
Old 2007-12-04, 08:30   Link #8
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

anymore? Is that it? Right now Im in a mania... Nodame Mania that is........
Old 2007-12-05, 13:36   Link #9
sothis

Though it doesn't fit 100% of your qualifications, have you considered Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge? It's kind of spazzy, but the main characters are all very eccentric and it has a great blend of comedy, romance, drama, etc. The R1 release is called "The Wallflower'.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2007-12-07, 07:48   Link #10
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Male Lead: Prince charming, super nice, renouce his succesion to a Japanese conglomerate (basically turn down $billions$)

Female Lead: a beauty with pure heart - since she is the only daughter, her husband will be the successor to a super wealthy japanese chain, she also has all the virtues of a Yamato Nadeshiko (a traditional ultimate wife in japanese culture)

for some reason, Ai Yori Aoshi does not fit in well with all the anime listed on this thread, it just feels very different but the leads fit your description
Old 2007-12-07, 07:53   Link #11
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

you would probably like Nana, full moon o sagashite, and SCHOOL RUMBLE (one of my all time favorite shows)
Old 2007-12-07, 09:13   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

My first suggestion would be REC, a mix of comedy, romance, and slice-of-life. It's all about following your dreams and maybe finding love along the way. Short, too. You can watch the whole thing in an evening. Here are some others you might consider:

Asatte no Houkou (any description would include spoilers; watch the first episode)
Hataraki Man (episodic; life and love as a female editor in a Japanese publishing house)
ARIA (haven't seen much romance yet, but otherwise fits the bill)
Bartender (episodic; wistftul; lovely)
Oh! Edo Rocket (very eccentric, very funny, maybe romance?)

Much darker than these shows, but still vaguely in the ballpark is Welcome to the NHK! I'd also endorse Planetes as a "life is worth living" type of show. Another good choice would be Saiunkoku Monogatari, but there's only one DVD released, and its future rests upon the fate of Geneon USA's titles.