AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Myself; Yourself

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 29.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.36%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 5.44%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-13, 00:08   Link #101
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I honestly dont see how people can dislike the plot twist. Its easy to say "they're bringing it out too late. There's no time to develop it." keep in mind please that this anime doesn't really have a lot of time left because its only 13 eps. Also some episodes like the park one and Hinoko were needed for there development. I would have been up in arms if they did something stupid like set up the step-mother to be the culprit, because it would be too plain and boring. Yet its not completely off tangent.

I'll also reserve judgement about weather they wrap it up properly until the last episode. I still remember saying they weren't going to end Scrapped princess properly up until the last ep but i found the ending to be very well written and it even included a epilogue.
__________________
Goodbye AnimeSuki
You have lost your once great spirit
SeedFreedom is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 00:11   Link #102
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
This show so far is just trying to deliver cheap thrills with forced last minute substance. Weak out of pace character developments with events thrown in to make it look like a great turnabout plot twist. It's so meh...
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 00:13   Link #103
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah not that big on film critics either. Be nice to get paid to have an opinion. Will stick to my own gut on how a show is.

Anyways do wonder what will happen in the last couple episodes with the twins. Do expect we'll at least see them even though I'm doubtful on a return. Though of course I never expected them to have such a rough tale to tell so there goes my predictions skills . Anyways be it in the last episode, a few years down the road or just seeing them wherever they are that's fine.

With the window thing, just thought he needed a moment. After all it was some heavy stuff and it did sound like she was walking right off the deep end there. Though could be related to his own past. Lot of questions about what happened out there and the terrible thing that made it so he had to come back alone.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 00:17   Link #104
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Would you have honestly been happy with a transparent no development plot? yawn, Stepmother is evil, Yawn Asami only there to piss off Nanaka, yawn. It may be cheap last minute thrills, but its better than a stupid plot with no development.
__________________
Goodbye AnimeSuki
You have lost your once great spirit
SeedFreedom is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 00:32   Link #105
jdlkem
teh_pwnzor
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: in my heart's desire
i loved the ending of this episode.

Spoiler for ep11:
jdlkem is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 00:32   Link #106
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Great episode, and seriously I don't care about the bad critics on this episode. To me it is good and the end, really touching moment, almost as good as Clannad's Fuko end / My;Your 8

To see such a great friendship scene in a romance comedy is hard these days.
__________________
s[H]sIkuA is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 00:50   Link #107
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
I don't think I can put this better than Klashikari did. The plot twist was absurd. I mean, I was shocked while I was watching it, but the idea of slapping the letter on Hoshino is akin to Homer Simpson's idea of making the antagonist in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington a dog with shifty eyes. Left field doesn't begin to explain where this plot twist comes from.

Ok, a confession. I didn't BAAAW my eyes out like I did during a certain recent ep of Clannad, but I did get watery eyes during the goodbye scene. Even though it was melodramatic as all hell. I blame the music. And the fact that Shuusuke cried. I have this strange empathy for male characters when they cry on screen.

I'm glad we haven't seen the word "drama" come up in this thread all too often. This is most certainly melodrama. It's not boring, though, I'll give it that. Just... well... absurd.
Sorrow-K is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 00:54   Link #108
Fweakin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
This show so far is just trying to deliver cheap thrills with forced last minute substance. Weak out of pace character developments with events thrown in to make it look like a great turnabout plot twist. It's so meh...
I, like a few others don't see what the big hoo-ha is about this episode. What exactly made it so different from the other episodes? This show is, and has always been a soap-opera of an anime since day 1. So it's fine to have a crazy old women killing various things, a mysterious house fire, amnesia, a mental breakdown contained within a post box, and evil stepmother, and abusive father, failed attempted suicide (we all know its coming) and potential twincest, but Asami having feelings for Shuri and doing some dodgy things as a result is unpalatable?

I really don't understand people sometimes.
__________________
'Tis all a Chequer-board of Nights and Days
Where Destiny with Men for Pieces plays:
Hither and thither moves, and mates, and slays,
And one by one back in the Closet lays.
--Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
Fweakin is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 01:03   Link #109
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Subspace
Send a message via AIM to Vestus
I really liked this episode (15/10):

I was really surprised Asami was a girl-lover (I despise the word lesbian for some reason) and that she was the one who caused all the trouble for the twins. However, this episode made her my favorite character of this series by far (I really didn't have one before).

[/start pity story]
Why? Well, I guess it was because I went through the same thing. No, I didn't like some guy, it was a girl and she dated me for a week and left me for some other guy on my birthday. She still wanted to be friends acting like nothing happened after she left me, and I hated her for that. Then, I started to hate everyone, even myself. I went all emo (didn't dress like it) and had some disgusting thoughts (Ah! My Goddess helped me get through it, and that's why it's my number one on my list of anime). I seperated myself from everyone and became an asshole to everyone I met because I was the "nice guy" to her and she left me for some other guy. I still am an asshole to everyone. However, it may work out in the end depending how some things work out.
[/end pity story]

I think this isn't the last time we're gonna see the twins. I just have this gut feeling. It may be wrong though, whatever.

As for the ending, well I wouldn't mind is Asami went bi and got together with Sana since Asami needs Sana. However, I think Nanaka needs Sana more than Asami does. So, I would like for Nanaka to get with Sana.
__________________
Vestus is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 01:09   Link #110
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweakin View Post
I, like a few others don't see what the big hoo-ha is about this episode. What exactly made it so different from the other episodes? This show is, and has always been a soap-opera of an anime since day 1. So it's fine to have a crazy old women killing various things, a mysterious house fire, amnesia, a mental breakdown contained within a post box, and evil stepmother, and abusive father, failed attempted suicide (we all know its coming) and potential twincest, but Asami having feelings for Shuri and doing some dodgy things as a result is unpalatable?

I really don't understand people sometimes.
I don't think anyone's going to argue against the fact that this is a soap-opera. But some of the plot points you've mentioned have simply been developed better than others. It's how a plot point is developed that separates the absurd from the believable. I wouldn't say any of the ones you've listed have been done astoundingly well, though, but none have pushed suspension of disbelief like this one did.

I disagree with you about it being a soap-opera from day one, though. I thought it started out as a very generic romance series, and I'd even go so far as to say it had a comedic bent. The change in tone from that to this was gradual, and took place over the course of about two episodes, from ep 7 to 8. The hints of something darker were just that, hints, for the first six or so eps, but now they clearly dominate.
Sorrow-K is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 01:11   Link #111
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Agreed. The Hinako episodes were by far the most uplifting and enjoyable episodes and I just...well enjoyed them. KgNE is still the true anime soap opera.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 01:11   Link #112
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
Having very low expectations can be wonderful sometimes.
Pardon?


It's not that I have low expectations, but I guessed the possibility of Asami being attracted to Shuri since the river trip and the volunteer work.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 01:20   Link #113
Fweakin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I don't think anyone's going to argue against the fact that this is a soap-opera. But some of the plot points you've mentioned have simply been developed better than others. It's how a plot point is developed that separates the absurd from the believable. I wouldn't say any of the ones you've listed have been done astoundingly well, though, but none have pushed suspension of disbelief like this one did.

I disagree with you about it being a soap-opera from day one, though. I thought it started out as a very generic romance series, and I'd even go so far as to say it had a comedic bent. The change in tone from that to this was gradual, and took place over the course of about two episodes, from ep 7 to 8. The hints of something darker were just that, hints, for the first six or so eps, but now they clearly dominate.
Suspension of disbelief? You could believe that a crazy grandmother was hell-bent on making a human sacrifice but couldn't quite believe it was possible for Asami to like Shuri?

I have a feeling our differences lay in how much foreshadowing appeared before each plot point. All of the other plot devices happened after a tiring and heavy-handed amount of foreshadowing, whereas this one was more subtle. I actually liked this because I couldn't see it coming 3 episodes before it actually aired.
__________________
'Tis all a Chequer-board of Nights and Days
Where Destiny with Men for Pieces plays:
Hither and thither moves, and mates, and slays,
And one by one back in the Closet lays.
--Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
Fweakin is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 01:24   Link #114
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweakin View Post
I, like a few others don't see what the big hoo-ha is about this episode. What exactly made it so different from the other episodes? This show is, and has always been a soap-opera of an anime since day 1. So it's fine to have a crazy old women killing various things, a mysterious house fire, amnesia, a mental breakdown contained within a post box, and evil stepmother, and abusive father, failed attempted suicide (we all know its coming) and potential twincest, but Asami having feelings for Shuri and doing some dodgy things as a result is unpalatable?

I really don't understand people sometimes.
The problem is, its growing progressively worse. Sure there are some good points, but it's doesn't hide the fact that it has poor story telling. I was expecting the crazy old lady to do something to Nanami, since they made such a big deal with her resemblence to her dead granddaughter and the whole violin thing. Its as if the writers are making stuff up as they go along.
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 01:26   Link #115
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The problem is, its growing progressively worse. Sure there are some good points, but it's doesn't hide the fact that it has poor story telling. I was expecting the crazy old lady to do something to Nanami, since they made such a big deal with her resemblence to her dead granddaughter and the whole violin thing. Its as if the writers are making stuff up as they go along.
Who's Nanami?
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 01:36   Link #116
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
This ep was amazing, I'm sure everyone knew from ep 9's previous what was going to happen this ep but they still managed to execute marvelously.. With this ep Shuu and Shuri's arc concludes and I can only assume that we won't see them again. The scene with Shuu remembering what he said to Sana at the train had me teary, the background music (a piano piece for the song Day Break) was also nice.

Also I knew it! Asami was Yuri! I've been saying it ever since ep 9 when she looked sad seeing Shuri cry and I was right!
__________________
holyman282 is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 01:47   Link #117
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santa Barbara
Age: 22
My god, first time I actually shed tears in an anime episode in quite awhile... Hmm, it was riding on a borderline 8 the whole time, but the ending just made it very sweet for me.

9/10, heh so far this anime is delivering the most this season for me overall although I didn't expect crap from it.
Reckoner is online now  
Old 2007-12-13, 01:57   Link #118
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
You know who I mean XD.. Nana-chan , Nanaka, meh, I prefer Nanami XP
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 02:01   Link #119
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You know who I mean XD.. Nana-chan , Nanaka, meh, I prefer Nanami XP
...................... What?

How is Nana'mi' possible? To me it seems like butchering of names.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 02:02   Link #120
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
"We'll always be friends!"

Lol! After all the speculation about young Shuusuke's words. After so many people have speculated about what terrible revelation Shuusuke yelled after the train. After people have placed so much meaning on Sana's inability to hear what Shuusuke yelled back then. Lol!

"We'll always be friends!"

It's just so... trite.

PS. I stand by my earlier statement that plotting for this show is awful. Finally everyone is agreeing with me, albeit for a new reason. Poor Asami.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.