AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 76 60.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 25.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 6.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-11, 17:44   Link #121
SiRence~
(・ 3 ・)
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: germany
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
I gave it an 8.
At first i thought it was full of drama and was somehow an inspiring episode which tells you to never give up hope, that was sweet, BUT THEN I wouldn't imagine that hope comes in as BULLSh**, man wtf how the hell he beat all those guys and became like a DBZ kinda bullsh**, I guess they ran out of ideas and decided to make that dude go super saying or something.
you may read the sliver of a piece (piece #51) which was left in the anime, it kind of explains why he became such a "dbz like bullsh**". but i understand well that people who don't know this piece will be a little bit ... surprised + confused XD"
__________________
Never forget.
SiRence~ is offline  
Old 2007-12-12, 15:18   Link #122
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
slow as usual... hope it still worth the wait >_>
Episode 22: Analysis

More original BGM from the gamu ^^
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2007-12-12, 18:48   Link #123
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not like one can't understand Rika wanting to get out of that body. Eternal loli may sound nice, but nothing wrong with wanting to get physically older. Think most would look forward to seeing her grown up.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2007-12-12, 19:43   Link #124
Eryops
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not like one can't understand Rika wanting to get out of that body. Eternal loli may sound nice, but nothing wrong with wanting to get physically older. Think most would look forward to seeing her grown up.
Considering that Irie tells her "Please remain in such pure appearance forever!", I think that he'd disagree.
Eryops is offline  
Old 2007-12-12, 20:34   Link #125
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Considering that Irie tells her "Please remain in such pure appearance forever!", I think that he'd disagree.
There's also Lolisaka to worry about
__________________
Sterling01 is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 02:12   Link #126
Tengusoldier
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRence~ View Post
you may read the sliver of a piece (piece #51) which was left in the anime, it kind of explains why he became such a "dbz like bullsh**". but i understand well that people who don't know this piece will be a little bit ... surprised + confused XD"

I got all teary eyed after reading that, no anime background, no awesome BGM, mere letters haven't had such an emotional impact on me since...ever, I swear if someone patched an english translation for the Hugurashi games I'd play that right away.
it was way more involving than watching the anime, which felt quite weird actually.
Tengusoldier is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 03:21   Link #127
Davidj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I simply can't imagine that Shion's plan would work. There's a real logical disconnect there for me.
Davidj is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 15:09   Link #128
Tengusoldier
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengusoldier View Post
I got all teary eyed after reading that, no anime background, no awesome BGM, mere letters haven't had such an emotional impact on me since...ever, I swear if someone patched an english translation for the Hugurashi games I'd play that right away.
it was way more involving than watching the anime, which felt quite weird actually.

ohh I have aquestion about that tough, is piece #51 is in the future where both wife + Rika died, then how come he is that strong during the time of the Watanagashi.
does that mean that his line "I HAD 5 YEARS" mean he trained that long in the Matsu-hen world? and if so, how could he remember he NEEDED to train like that, no one else remembered anything until they something triggered the memory IIRC.
Tengusoldier is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 15:28   Link #129
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
Reread the last line that Rika tells Akasaka in that piece. From that there stems two explanations. The triggers itself was Akasaka being able to save his wife thanks to Rika's words, or Akasaka becoming unconciously aware that something was needed similar to the other characters. (like Shion protecting Satoko from every word since Tsumihoroboshi hen, etc.)

And indeed, piece 51 is from a word were both Rika and his wife died.
Proto is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 16:34   Link #130
Davidj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengusoldier View Post
ohh I have aquestion about that tough, is piece #51 is in the future where both wife + Rika died, then how come he is that strong during the time of the Watanagashi.
does that mean that his line "I HAD 5 YEARS" mean he trained that long in the Matsu-hen world? and if so, how could he remember he NEEDED to train like that, no one else remembered anything until they something triggered the memory IIRC.
He certainly remembered fighting the Yamainu 5 years earlier and not doing particularly well.
Davidj is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 21:24   Link #131
Tengusoldier
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Reread the last line that Rika tells Akasaka in that piece. From that there stems two explanations. The triggers itself was Akasaka being able to save his wife thanks to Rika's words, or Akasaka becoming unconciously aware that something was needed similar to the other characters. (like Shion protecting Satoko from every word since Tsumihoroboshi hen, etc.)

And indeed, piece 51 is from a word were both Rika and his wife died.
right, saving Rika may very well be the trigger, and sorry "is" was a typo for "if" it was pretty well explained that they died in that world.

I've always wondered if the reboort is an actual reboot tough, or if keeps existing as an alternate reality.
Tengusoldier is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 23:01   Link #132
MarthX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO
I gave it an 8.
Quote:
1 out of 10 : Painful PNGO
Uh...
MarthX is offline  
Old 2007-12-13, 23:10   Link #133
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 36
That's quite a difference
__________________
Sterling01 is offline  
Old 2007-12-14, 11:54   Link #134
bamboontu
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
I gave it an 8.

1 out of 10 : Painful PNGO
嘘つき! [usotsuki!]
bamboontu is offline  
Old 2007-12-15, 13:05   Link #135
HigurashiNeze1231
Drama pl0x
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Over There
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to HigurashiNeze1231 Send a message via Yahoo to HigurashiNeze1231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Is there any chance we can get this on Youtube? I don't understand enough moon to watch stuff on nicovideo.
I uploaded it to YouTube myself, but I only uploaded the fight scene, not the Irie and Shion scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-83f6IlEqA (Might take a little while to process first)
__________________
HigurashiNeze1231 is offline  
Old 2009-01-17, 14:08   Link #136
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
This episode had so many great moments that my brain short-circuited.
Lost-Wisdom is offline  
Old 2013-06-17, 09:40   Link #137
Pengu
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for episode:
Pengu is offline  
Old 2013-06-18, 00:41   Link #138
Draugur
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westfalen
I think
Spoiler for Matsuribayashi:
Draugur is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.