AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-17, 08:29   Link #1
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Action

Yeah, I'm in an action mood today. heres my checklist.

Action-must
Must be fighting for a reason- no fighting for fightins sake-must
romance-plus
a great kissing scene-plus
mecha-must not be mecha
vampire- must not be vampire
mega eechi(think ikki tousen)-minus

Similar Animes:
eureka seven (but with mechas), bushou renkin, eremantar gerad, Bleach, Naruto, urewaremo

~Thanks
Old 2007-12-17, 17:05   Link #2
Freeze

Yu Yu Hakusho is a pretty good action show, the whole romance thing kinda goes through as the series prgresses but it isnt a huge part of the story, but the ending ends with one. and S-Cry-Ed is one of my favortie action shows, and its got some romance in there. and if you just want a show with alot of guns explosions but without any romance then Id recomend Black Lagoon.
Old 2007-12-17, 17:27   Link #3
tbl
Affably Evil

Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X): Trust and Betrayal - awesome beyond words, exactly what you are looking for
Rurouni Kenshin
Black Cat
Gantz
Tokko
Elfen Lied
Kaze no Stigma
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-12-17, 17:40   Link #4
devildog23
Summerlurking

Claymore - GREAT action, don't shoot it down at first, after three episodes, I was hooked. Its not really head to head combat, 1on1 shonen combat like in bleach or DBZ or anything(there is head to head combat though), but more slaying "yoma" which are monstrous beings that feed on humans. Its filled with plot twists, there is a kiss, but not sure if this is the kind of kiss your looking for...(you'll know what I mean when you see it)

Fate/Stay Night - One of my favorites, I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet, its a revolutionary series and it has everything your looking for. The fighting has cause, there is a heart wrenching kissing scene and it meets all the criteria.

Mai-Hime - A good series with good action, I find the plot similar to Fate/Stay night, but thats the only thing similar. Its worth watching and it has a wide variety of characters and different relationships develop throughout. I can't remember if there is a kissing scene or not, but there is romance.

Berserk - I was trying to avoid suggesting this one, but its definitely a great series. At the end, it had me yearning for more, since its continued in manga, but I don't really like manga. It has a bit of everything your looking for and Guts, the main character is a total badass...

Seconding Rurouni Kenshin and Black Cat (Kenshin is definitely one of my favorites,the action is enticing, and backround music is great.) Black Cat has good action as well.
Old 2007-12-17, 18:28   Link #5
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

I've watched the ruroini kenshin movie, I'm planning on watching the movie.

Claymore, Fate/stay night, Kaze no Stigma, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Inuyasha I've all watched. Just forgot to mention them.

As for berserk, I had a hella hard time finding subs for it, I'll try again one of these days. (I am not asking for subs for it)
Old 2007-12-17, 19:24   Link #6
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Basilisk should be right up your alley. Action/fantasy/adventure/bit of romance

Chrno Crusade perhaps. Action/Adventure/Fantasy/little bit of romance

While this features vampires, it doesn't do so in the way you are probably imagining it, and they have far more interesting things up their sleeves than merely sucking blood: Black Blood Brothers. Action/fantasy. Nothing to write home about on the romance side though.
Old 2007-12-17, 20:21   Link #7
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Yeah, I watched BBB, was a nice 14 episodes series. Hated Hellsing, though.