AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-11-22, 20:02   Link #1
Dmessenger632

Can't Download using Utorrent

I can't Download Anything with Utorrent for some reason, the status for the tracker for every single torrent says "No Connection Could be Made because target Machine actively refused it" i can't upload or download.....
Dmessenger632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 21:09   Link #2
westbluef
The Jesting Fool

Have you tried ending the system process and restarting your comp?
westbluef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 22:52   Link #3
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Have you try proxy? It seems that your ISP blocking tracker.. Like the Malaysian ISP blocking demonoid tracker, Using utorrent before, I need tor proxy to connect to the tracker before.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 06:38   Link #4
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
It seems that your ISP blocking tracker
If that was true the error given would be "connection closed by peer" not "no connection can be made because the target machine refused it" that would mean there's a problem with the tracker but that shouldn't stop downloading if there's no active private flag in the torrent file itself and the OP has DHT turned on (it'll start connecting to others but it'll take longer then it would if the tracker was working)
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 19:51   Link #5
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Have you try proxy? It seems that your ISP blocking tracker.. Like the Malaysian ISP blocking demonoid tracker, Using utorrent before, I need tor proxy to connect to the tracker before.
Just a note, most proxies are not designed for file transfers. The purpose is generally anonymity or accessing resources that would otherwise be blocked locally by the user's service provider, and as such they're only really designed to handle web usage. Thus, it's likely that file sharing will have much worse performance as compared to if you were not using a proxy.

Tor is a peer-to-peer proxy network, which theoretically increases the chances of performance decrease. Proxies basically work by routing all of your traffic to another computer, which then sends it out to the internet. With tor, there are multiple nodes that information is relayed to, and they will relay it to other nodes in the Tor network before it is sent out to the internet. When you initiate a download, if you're downloading at 300 kb/s, someone else is downloading at roughly 300 kb/s as well - and uploading at 300 kb/s back to you. You're increasing the overall bandwidth usage of the internet in that sense.

If your ISP is blocking you, a proxy may be your only choice. I'm merely pointing out the setbacks of it so that people won't view it as a cure-all. I'd also request, on behalf of all proxy providers, that you try to avoid performing bandwidth-heavy activities through them unless you absolutely have no choice.
Old 2007-12-18, 02:44   Link #6
Dxon
Inactive user

Try Deluge BT client that Kira_Naruto mentioned in an other topic. It bypasses the malaysian block and stuff. As said by Kira in her topic.
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote