AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 27 25.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 28.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 17.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 13.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 9.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.83%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-18, 20:52   Link #101
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, these questions (especially the first two) are mostly rhetorical and express my disappoitment caused by certain aspects of the series.

Quote:
Like the first episode AEU was trying to develope strong suits and they destroyed them. And Super soldiers are the same concept. They are made to bring superiority against other nations and used as tools of war to become stronger than others and take over their territories..
The same is true for all kind of weapons, especially technologically advanced ones, I see no reason to single out the super soldiers. Even if we assume they are totally brainwashed, they are not more obedient than machines and would be almost useless without machines which to use in combat, so if the CB really want to avoid war, they should go after the war machines.
__________________
'The world we live in is always in darkness.'
'Yes, and that is why we seek light.'

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 22:15   Link #102
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Well, these questions (especially the first two) are mostly rhetorical and express my disappoitment caused by certain aspects of the series.

thus the sarcastic face .
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 23:49   Link #103
seiks
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I really liked how someone noted that Allelujah's reaction to other "quantum brainwave" people isn't normal. Oddly, I hadn't caught on... That might have been part of the problem of why he went nuts. Suddenly had this splitting headache thing and viola! Remember Soma's crazy fire-on-the-colony spree?

I also want to point out that Sumeragi already knows about Hallelujah. When Al was accepting the mission, she asked about his other side and he said that, basically, it should be obvious that the crazy killer is all for it.

Other notables... well, Mr. UN envoy's assistant-boy is described as "mysterious", so there's obviously something wrong with him.

Also, since Al's birthday is in February, we can assume the timeskip covered most of the winter (in north hemisphere).

But, so one thing Iíve been wondering is, what are these peopleís nationalities? I mean Setsuna is Kurdish. Graham Cracker is probably American, what, with his token black subordinate. Louise is Spanish. Saji is apparently half-Japanese or something. Mr. Smirnov Vodka is Russian. (And why are Russian men always named Sergei? Why not Dmitri or Mikhail or Yuuri or Aleksander?) Ming (RIP), Ms Wang and her butler are all Chinese.

So what is Soma supposed to be? I think Hindus used to use some kind of hallucinogen called soma in religious practices, and even had a god attached to it, but whatís with her last name? So, is she an albino Indian? And just what is Allelujah? He must be from somewhere with Christians, with a name like that. Iím leaning toward Orthodox, since in Russian, you actually donít pronounce the ďhĒ anyway.
seiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 23:49   Link #104
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
The same is true for all kind of weapons, especially technologically advanced ones, I see no reason to single out the super soldiers. Even if we assume they are totally brainwashed, they are not more obedient than machines and would be almost useless without machines which to use in combat, so if the CB really want to avoid war, they should go after the war machines.
well, the difference is, HRL's super soldier facility and AEU's stationing troops inside the space elevator are apparently against the international laws, unlike conventional weapon factories. Since it's impossible for one to root those illegal activities out without breaking international laws oneself, so CB, fighting fire with fire as they always did, breaks international laws (trespassing sovereign territories, attacking without war declaration, using armed forces in a space colony, etc.) to attack those illegal activities.

On another note, I wonder how much of this episode is inspired from Israel's bombing of Syria's "suspected nuclear installations".
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 23:58   Link #105
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiks View Post
~
So what is Soma supposed to be? I think Hindus used to use some kind of hallucinogen called soma in religious practices, and even had a god attached to it, but whatís with her last name? So, is she an albino Indian? And just what is Allelujah? He must be from somewhere with Christians, with a name like that. Iím leaning toward Orthodox, since in Russian, you actually donít pronounce the ďhĒ anyway.
Soma is probably a North Indian. Not all Indians are dark-skinned.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 00:08   Link #106
Lendial
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
kyrios looked so damn cool. though he was killing kids.

where exactly was tiera inside that sphere? was he "linked" to the ships system(yellow eyes) and could see everything happening?
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 00:15   Link #107
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 25
Gundam 00 ep 11 ratings

After being absent from the top 10 for the past two episodes, Video Research Ltd. has Gundam 00 returning at #9 with a 4.8% for last week.

From gunota
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 01:07   Link #108
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm starting to like Hal. He may be a bloodthirsty maniac, but he's more or less honest about it. None of this "Blah blah Gundam Meister blah I'm so special blah blah".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 01:23   Link #109
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Man, another really good episode...I'll comment more indepth when I have time after work tommorrow, but the HRL and UNION secretly combining forces to take out the Gundams?? Damn, I don't know who to cheer for ...I'll probably side with Graham's anti-team inwhich the preview seems to show a FLAG transformation...But Allah-Hallah owned so hard again...

Decisions, decisions...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 01:53   Link #110
seiks
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
You probably shouldn't call him "Allah".... someone might get offended.
seiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 02:01   Link #111
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Man, another really good episode...I'll comment more indepth when I have time after work tommorrow, but the HRL and UNION secretly combining forces to take out the Gundams?? Damn, I don't know who to cheer for ...I'll probably side with Graham's anti-team inwhich the preview seems to show a FLAG transformation...But Allah-Hallah owned so hard again...

Decisions, decisions...
A pretty dangerous combination though.

The top Union pilot with a high end Flag with the HRL's best commander along with his top pilot with a high end Tieren.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 02:02   Link #112
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiks View Post
I really liked how someone noted that Allelujah's reaction to other "quantum brainwave" people isn't normal. Oddly, I hadn't caught on... That might have been part of the problem of why he went nuts. Suddenly had this splitting headache thing and viola! Remember Soma's crazy fire-on-the-colony spree?
The explanation might be that he was either a failure or not very usable, hence being 'disposed' by the research. Allelujah's mental problems and the psychic reaction seems to be a defect more than anything. Though this being a GUNDAM show, it obviously has some positive effects on his fighting prowess somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
kyrios looked so damn cool. though he was killing kids.

where exactly was tiera inside that sphere? was he "linked" to the ships system(yellow eyes) and could see everything happening?
I would be surprised if the crew didn't know about his capabilities. I'm guessing that he must be some sort of a human computer/cyborg. Maybe he tagged along with Kyrios/Allelujah on the last mission because he himself is a research specimen?

BTW, I think the idea of a constant timeskip with Gundam 00 is a bit weird and possibly detrimental too. How long is Setsuna going to remain looking like a 13 year old?!?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 03:29   Link #113
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiks View Post
I also want to point out that Sumeragi already knows about Hallelujah. When Al was accepting the mission, she asked about his other side and he said that, basically, it should be obvious that the crazy killer is all for it.
Well, she did say she read about his past, along with the mission. Presumably, it's one of the details he gave in his proposed plan.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 05:26   Link #114
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Well, she did say she read about his past, along with the mission. Presumably, it's one of the details he gave in his proposed plan.
I doubt he would ahve been able to keep his split personality a secret from CB to being with. In fact it might have been what attracted them to him in the first place. The ease at which she came out with it suggests she knows it exists, but also what type of person he is by Al response. And I doubt he'd put in that he has a split personality where his other side is a nasty killer. Plus if CB did know about it, then she'd have to know because of how it could affect the attack plans and she'd have to change on the fly to how Hal does things. You can only do that if you know exactly what you have piloting you craft.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 10:37   Link #115
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Very interesting episode...gave it a 9...

1) Just what exactly *is* Tieria? "Humans...these creatures called men...does their foolishness know no bounds?" What the hell? What's Tieria then if not human? If he's a cyborg capable of conscious thought, and with I forget whose law but it was predicted that by 2049 a single computer would be able to outcompute the entire human race...what's keeping him from going Terminator?

2) "How can you like this bitter stuff?" "You'll understand someday, I'm sure."

So Sumeragi drinks up to drown her problems...oy. I'm wondering exactly what is in her mind since she's always trying to get tipsy/drunk. That said, she acts rather rational for being drunk O_O...I wonder who'll be the first one to get something going with Sumeragi...someone has to find out the extent of her past eventually and why she's always trying to take her mind off of it.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 13:11   Link #116
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I doubt he would ahve been able to keep his split personality a secret from CB to being with.
Why not? So far the only time he's lost control of his body is when he's near Soma.
Quote:
The ease at which she came out with it suggests she knows it exists, but also what type of person he is by Al response.
If she knows what type of person Hallelujah is, there would be no reason to ask.

Plus, we can blame her calmness on the alcohol she's drank.
Quote:
And I doubt he'd put in that he has a split personality where his other side is a nasty killer.
Well, he doesn't have to do that. He could just say that Hallelujah exists because of a side effect of the experiment they did. (Which was what was hinted in this episode.)
Quote:
Plus if CB did know about it, then she'd have to know because of how it could affect the attack plans and she'd have to change on the fly to how Hal does things. You can only do that if you know exactly what you have piloting you craft.
CB is relying on Veda to choose their pilots. I doubt they're going to be thorough at the interviewing process if Veda already approved.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 16:05   Link #117
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Yes he's only been shown to loose it round Soma so far, but it was clearly hinted at in this ep that Hallelujah will take over if his life is in danger and Allelujah can't bring himself to do anything. The only situations where Hallelujah's really been needed has been round his own kind. I'm just waiting for him to come out in another situation and round the other pilots since it's bound to happen.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 17:33   Link #118
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Wow i cant beleive this whole episode was about one persons psycosis. However did enjoy watching Aallelujah having a convo with Hallelujah when Setsuna walked in. I almost died with the look Setsuna gave him. Other than that I thought it was averge episode. A two prong attack on earth and space was a great way to get their spirits back up plus they delt a HRL a huge blow militarly and politically by releasing the info about the super soldier program to the media. This will be a huge set back for the HRL at least for a bit in the eyes of public but it might just might boost CB's stance a little though i doubt it. 6/10

Im more looking forward to episode 12 when Setsuna returns home.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 00:45   Link #119
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Well I think one thing that flew under the radar this episode is that Tieria has probably already killed or destroyed whatever limitation that existed in his past...He seemed unusually involved with Allah's quest to defeat his past as if he'd already done the same...As for Tieria turning into the glowy-eye Macintosh, I don't know what the hell that's about...But again that what makes 00 a very interesting show because there are so many engaging elements for you to fawn over... Obviously the others don't know he can spy on them thru Veda (seemingly) so I doubt anyone knows he's a conduit or extension of Veda...I mean when Sumeragi did the Veda analysis on Allah's mission, did she get into AI disco-ball?? I think not...But perhaps Sumeragi drank a 4th bottle of Haro's vintage space-brandy and made-up everything about Veda saying the mission was valid^^...

Moving along I think this episode (like many 00 eps) continues to grab random puzzle pieces and various pictures are starting to unravel...I mean many of us really didn't know about the existence of a true-colony besides the speculation and it was awesome to see how the 00 world played off that common G-theme...Also liked the secret alliance with the UNION and the hidden soopa-soldier project Sergei didn't even know about...I love how alot of things are thrown at us without a complete presentation or introduction sometimes which puts the burden on the audience to pay very strict attention...The entire subplot with Sanji's sister is also evidence of this...

Yeah there was some blatant Gundam fanservice this episode with the African battle and even in the colony, but damn-it it was nice to look at and some people try to ignore, but that counts...Visual pleasure is a keystone aspect of anime, and some of those scenes with Kyrios (including Allah-Hallah's dilemma seasoned with great visual distortion) made that scene in the end really dynamic...I was fist-pumping when Kyrios did it's little cooltastic spin-twirl before zooming off-screen ...

In any event another really good episode...I am foaming at the mouth though to see Graham's anti-Gundam FLAG team gets some screentime...I think next week they do...If that old sage looking dude can figure out the source of the GN particles, $hit will hit the fan...OK Setsuna show us your main character swagger, until then a strong 8 outta 10 for this ep (Not that Sumeragi is sober enuff to know all what happened this day ^0^)...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 09:04   Link #120
ikimasu
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiks View Post
You probably shouldn't call him "Allah".... someone might get offended.
I agreed, we should stop call him 'Allah', let just not carried away in our writing

peace
ikimasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.