AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-12-20, 23:20   Link #1
Fel
Clean up princess

Banned from IRC Server

so i have been trying to log onto the recycled-irc.net server at home and it keeps kicking me off immediately every time i connect

here is the message it gives:
-very.recycled-irc.net- *** You are permanently banned from Recycled IRC (Clone range)

i was able to log on fine back at school
the problem has only started happening since i got home
i am only logged on once, so there shouldnt be any clone problem...
any ideas?
Old 2007-12-20, 23:52   Link #2
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Doesn't that just mean your IP at home is banned from that address since the School's IP would be different.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 02:29   Link #3
Sazelyt
F i n

(I just checked Google for this message, and based on the response I read on that IRC server's website: ) That problem can be caused if your IP address is part of a group of banned IP addresses. So, the cause of the problem is most likely not you, but the abusers that use your service provider (with the IP addresses sharing the same range).

If that is the case, you should contact the admins of that server to check whether they can make an exception.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 04:19   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sazelyt nails it --- you're just unlucky enough to be in a range of addresses that the moderators have found to be so annoying they banned the entire range.

You'll have to convince them that they may have been too draconian

It is similar to the "email wars" the major carriers keep having with each other.
Periodically, I'll find that Verizon.com has blacklisted comcast.net or earthlink.net has blacklisted hughes.net or aol.com has blacklisted verizon.com. In each case the ISP claims the other has "shown a pattern of spam and abuse" that triggered the blacklist.

Well... d'oh.... Its all very stupid and accomplishes nothing productive other than to irritate everyone anyone might be corresponding with.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote