AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 28 27.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 28.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 25.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.99%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.97%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-24, 03:12   Link #61
Hage-bai
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Hahahaha Ali ownage =O... 8/10 for me =O

Edit: As for Marina...

Look, Relena might have had everything thrown at her including the kitchen sink, but at least that woman had some guts.
Lacus was pure ownage, and either you loved it or hated it.

But Marina is just a useless whining drama-llama pansy-ass bitch. I really *hope* she eats it because she's eating up screen time and I'm getting really annoyed with this world-is-supposed-to-be-good-whining-dipshit that loses her breath every time she comes across an OH NOES situation.

I hope Ali kills her himself >=).
That is exactly what i think of her too.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 04:13   Link #62
flarezard
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Once in Hueco Mundo, now in Gallian Militia Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
And as for Relena, at least the woman had some guts. Marina is just spineless.
For Marina, that's to be expected from someone who hasn't been brought up as a crowned princess.

Sometimes I DO think if someone banged her head, knocked her unconcious, and then put her on the throne....

Anyway, Saji-kun "has finally captured" Mama's heart.

May god bless you this chrismas... Saji-kun... (and hope you'll get more interesting roles than some idiotic joking.)

Last edited by flarezard; 2007-12-24 at 04:16. Reason: I forget adding some detail, sorry...
flarezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 04:47   Link #63
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guze no Sekai
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarezard View Post
For Marina, that's to be expected from someone who hasn't been brought up as a crowned princess.
Seconded. Somehow the "whiny" ones, as critics so prefer to call them, get all the flak the moment they show this kind of attitude, and no different kinds of attitude displayed later can rid them of that tag.

In her case, it's the same as getting a teenager onto a throne when he doesn't know enough about the world to govern a country.

Quote:
Anyway, Saji-kun "has finally captured" Mama's heart.

May god bless you this chrismas... Saji-kun... (and hope you'll get more interesting roles than some idiotic joking.)
Merry Christmas indeed. Can't believe I forgot the interaction with Louise and Mama was one of the more entertaining and quirky parts as well.
__________________
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 06:35   Link #64
Fevvers
a regular van veen
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
But Marina is just a useless whining drama-llama pansy-ass bitch. I really *hope* she eats it because she's eating up screen time and I'm getting really annoyed with this world-is-supposed-to-be-good-whining-dipshit that loses her breath every time she comes across an OH NOES situation.
Because god knows the only characters allowed in the show are marysues the brave and kick-ass ones, huh? Marina's, obviously, an escapist and in a constant mode of self-indulgent pity (which I think she will eventually get over for development's sake - whether or not they're executing it well is a different beast entirely); annoyance for her is somewhat understandable, but, Professor Moriarty, chill, much?
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 08:13   Link #65
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarezard View Post
Anyway, Saji-kun "has finally captured" Mama's heart.

May god bless you this chrismas... Saji-kun... (and hope you'll get more interesting roles than some idiotic joking.)
Me too.

...wait, what interesting roles are we talking about? Future plot relevance, or his role when Louise and her mother ask him to "unwrap his gifts" on Christmas Day? :ero:
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 09:34   Link #66
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
is it me or does it seem that the gundam miester have inferior piloting skillz compare to most of the major opponents so far..the only reason they are surving is because they have over-power gundams....

so is maria the female lead because it seems like she is getting a lot of screen time and her character is more detail than the other females, her hair and clothing is really elaborate which is usually a sign that the writers do to make her stand out more, i'm not really sure but i'm just getting this feeling

also, need gundam vs gundam fights..... exia vs 50 is no fun

virtue transforming is probably the hightlight of the show for me....
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 09:41   Link #67
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Decent episode with political tone taken directly from events and historeis surrounding the middle east not to bad but still not to great either. I will admit that the episodes are getting better as the story progresses and the meisters seem more like human that random name blurbs im enjoying it much more. The princess seems so helpless in everything that she does and seems to always need a pick me up by her kind of evil shaddy looking assistant. Hopefully the meeting between her and Setsuna again wont feel forced.

7/10
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 09:47   Link #68
MooMooFarm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Main points I think most people agree with but goes into a bit more detail:

-Graham/Lockon being vicious in the fight. It wasn't like any of the fights before, both pilots nearly went all out on each other

-Good mix of action/non-action. The talking scenes for Azadistan were cliche, but at least done better than before

-Saji scenes had more humor to them. Big plus since that's all a character like him can provide at the moment

-We got to see how the flag shield works. A lot of us probably were confused how the hell some giant stick propeller was suppose to act as a shield, but the way Graham used it just made the flag so bad ass. Rarely has a modified grunt unit seemed so awesome

-Lockon didn't miss 50 yards away this time. The fact that most of his shots were nearly dead on and missed by inches coupled with Graham sweating balls deep made the action intense and no one looked like a chump unlike the previous episodes

-Ali Al Sarges for setting up that he is officially the "bad guy" at the present moment, also gives him credibility to be buffed for super better-than-graham fighting moves later on. This guy =) has potential to reach Kira Yamato level without making it look stupid!

-The only bad parts were Exia and how he just slice n diced things up then cried, kinda too cliche but well, acceptable given what we got!

If more episodes were like this, there'd be no more complaints from me =X since minor stuff is fine. The action scenes to me are the biggest part of gundam, since well, the mobile suits and how they flow in battle are pretty much the most unique part of the gundam meta-verse. Everything else can be copied, but the way Gundam has pretty much been the universal technical robot fighter is incomparable. Don't even mention Transformers, cause they NEVER got into the details and technicalities of how people win.

^________________________^ this episode made me happy! Only hope they don't kill Ali Al Sarges off. The guy is an amazing addition to the otherwise lacking cast, and again, he has cred to be plot deviced to become #1 fighter in the near future. Who wouldn't want to see a fight that surpasses this episode soon? =)

How some of you people can hate characters like Ali and Graham confuse the crap out of me. =( They showed the most emotions (Graham being even new to me, since I don't recognize the VA) , and provide the bravado content in the series. It's like asking for Voldemorte to die in book 1 and have everyone living happily ever after for the next 6 focusing on how they grow up and do in Hogworts.

Quote:
I find Lockon's reaction to the fight with the Flag surprising. He showed the arrogance of Gundam Meisters and an lack of respect for other MS pilots.
Well for one, the guy is the captain and oldest of the Meisters. He looks like the one who has the most field experience, and let's face it, he's never fought anyone but grunts. His opinion is going to be flawed no matter how you look at it, or else he wouldn't have such a high and mighty attitude towards terrorism and other crap.

Quote:
What I am saying is that the Gundam Meisters are underestimating their opponents when time and time again they surprise the Gundam Meisters.
For one, he didn't identify Graham's flag as special, I'm guessing this is something only Ptolemy can do. Second, since Setsuna was the only person other than Tiera to battle non cannon fodder, that pretty much means 0 info was shared. There's not going to be a "Hey guys, I nearly got raped by this custom flag/enact/tieren, just a heads up" from some loner guy, and definitely not coming from angsty queer boy. They are officially a team, but anyone who's played team sports/games, worked in a team can tell these guys aren't an ACTUAL team.

Quote:
I was sort of hoping that Ali and Graham would have had showdown one way or another... perhaps in future eps. seeing them fight against each other would be far more interesting than any of the meisters.
As amazing as it is, it will never happen or if it will, it will never be a full out battle with a decided victor. Why? Because if that happened, Gundam 00 would be like, better than Gundam GS/GSD and then no one would give a rats ass about the main characters. It'd be Union vs PMC trust. Which well, could've been done, but wasn't LOL. It'd be like asking ... actually I don't recall many Gundam series where the main character doesn't become overpowered. So in a sense, this one is pretty good! Setsuna isn't overpowered! Hurray!

Quote:
Just how much of an observer is Alejandro Corner? It's a good observation on Setsuna, though, almost the same as the one Ali made on him when they fought.
It's a much more commendable observation seeing as Alejandro didn't even fight him. It pretty much means the guy is also an ace player, most likely can pilot a suit of his own, and is a candidate for last boss. Ali stating it was just plain obvious, since he just owned Exia in the face.

Quote:
is it me or does it seem that the gundam miester have inferior piloting skillz compare to most of the major opponents so far..the only reason they are surving is because they have over-power gundams
Because people who train in SECRET and have LIMITED FIELD EXPERIENCE are suppose to be better than PUBLIC ACES who pretty much wear the champions belt and defend it 24/7? What are you joking me?

Let's look at the major opponents so far:

Patrick Cannonfodder: GG if this even counts. I do since it's AEU's man. I hope he doesn't get Jareded, cause he'd be a funny survivor of the series. That or at least die in a hilarious way, like to Saji/Louise.

Graham Acre: Char-clone. Guy who LIKES FIGHTING. Vs Meisters who DON'T/NO INTEREST. The only person who can rival him in Hal, and Hal is more sadistic than battle lust. Note his fight with Lockon this episode didn't indicate he would win, just that he had the more aggressive stance. Doesn't mean he would've won, but advantage could be given to him if you view it that way.

Sergei Smirnov: ......This guy is a lvl 100 pokemon as far as exp is concerned. And he STILL didn't do that well. Also he beat up loner wussy exia, who CARES? That guy is the WORSE of all 4.

Soma: ....TERRIBLE. Only better than PC. Q_Qs, can't fight Hal worth JACK (perfect example your statement fails) and only thing she does right is capture fat kid. Oh wait, she failed that too.

Ali Al Sarges: ELITE MOB/BOSS. What did you expect? This guy incites fighting more than Graham, has the experience with his age, and still has enough youth in him to not be a slow crap geezer like Sergei. He's the prime player as far as everyone here is concerned with maybe Graham being able to push him off the throne.

Oh and your later comments made no sense. You might be watching the previous episodes.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 11:16   Link #69
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Spoiler for saving space:


MooMooFarm I would have to agree with you about Lockon and Grahams fight. Lockon almost seemed agitated that Graham actually made him get serious. Before Grahams had to retreat Lockon was ready to go all out. I have always been impressed by Grahams piloting skills. I also found it funny that it was mentioned that Setsuna depends too much on the Gundam. Now imagine what Graham could do with a Gundams power and his excellent piloting skillz. With Lockson and Graham im not sure who would win that fight, but Setsuna needs some work if he wants to be a good pilot but then again the next episode mentioned "Setsuna becomes a GUndam" so who knows.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 12:32   Link #70
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
As amazing as it is, it will never happen or if it will, it will never be a full out battle with a decided victor. Why? Because if that happened, Gundam 00 would be like, better than Gundam GS/GSD and then no one would give a rats ass about the main characters. It'd be Union vs PMC trust. Which well, could've been done, but wasn't LOL. It'd be like asking ... actually I don't recall many Gundam series where the main character doesn't become overpowered. So in a sense, this one is pretty good! Setsuna isn't overpowered! Hurray!
I still think it could happen (I can dream right? ) doesn't have to be a full out battle just needs have a better choreographed fight with smooth animation, besides I dont give a rats ass about the main characters atm. Although I can't imagine the two of them fighting as crazy as Kira vs. Athrun back at Seed but it'll be a sight to behold.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 15:30   Link #71
Spitze
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
What if Ali was part of PMC Trust the whole time, and deliberately got the kids years ago into war for the sole purpose of making that war to make money? Then that leads into the Kurdish Republic being destroyed?

That could explain possibly the shock and twist of Ali being in the PMC.
Spitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 15:40   Link #72
Archmagination2002
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Does anybody else think that its because Setsuna is trying to become a Gundam that he relies more on its abilities than his own? Think about how Setsuna worships the Gundam.. I wouldn't be surprised if that is what is holding him back and his last line when he realizes he cannot be a Gundam will signify a change to him relying more on his own ability's? At least that is what I hope will happen.. I just hope they pull it off realistically.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 15:54   Link #73
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitze View Post
What if Ali was part of PMC Trust the whole time, and deliberately got the kids years ago into war for the sole purpose of making that war to make money? Then that leads into the Kurdish Republic being destroyed?

That could explain possibly the shock and twist of Ali being in the PMC.
That's probably what *did* happen. After all, whatever brings money to him, and that's that. He takes no side but his own, which makes him so cool.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 19:09   Link #74
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Hahahaha Ali ownage =O... 8/10 for me =O

Edit: As for Marina...

Look, Relena might have had everything thrown at her including the kitchen sink, but at least that woman had some guts.
Lacus was pure ownage, and either you loved it or hated it.

But Marina is just a useless whining drama-llama pansy-ass bitch. I really *hope* she eats it because she's eating up screen time and I'm getting really annoyed with this world-is-supposed-to-be-good-whining-dipshit that loses her breath every time she comes across an OH NOES situation.

I hope Ali kills her himself >=).
Totally agree.

Yeah, I never thought I'd actually be one day looking back at Relena and remembering her fondly. o_O I never liked her or her ideals much, but at least she had a spine. Marina just sits around and whines all day long. She is unfit to be a leader of anything. I suppose maybe that's the point, still doesn't make her any less annoying. Hope her idiocy doesn't end up rubbing off on Setsuna.
__________________
zalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 19:22   Link #75
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
I cacn see Marina becoming a strong leader once she gets over what's going on and sets her mind on what exactly she wants for Azadistan. It definately looks as though Setsuna and Marina are going to be big influences on each other. Hopefully for the better.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 21:03   Link #76
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Main points I think most people agree with but goes into a bit more detail:

-Graham/Lockon being vicious in the fight. It wasn't like any of the fights before, both pilots nearly went all out on each other

-Good mix of action/non-action. The talking scenes for Azadistan were cliche, but at least done better than before

-Saji scenes had more humor to them. Big plus since that's all a character like him can provide at the moment

-We got to see how the flag shield works. A lot of us probably were confused how the hell some giant stick propeller was suppose to act as a shield, but the way Graham used it just made the flag so bad ass. Rarely has a modified grunt unit seemed so awesome

-Lockon didn't miss 50 yards away this time. The fact that most of his shots were nearly dead on and missed by inches coupled with Graham sweating balls deep made the action intense and no one looked like a chump unlike the previous episodes

-Ali Al Sarges for setting up that he is officially the "bad guy" at the present moment, also gives him credibility to be buffed for super better-than-graham fighting moves later on. This guy =) has potential to reach Kira Yamato level without making it look stupid!

-The only bad parts were Exia and how he just slice n diced things up then cried, kinda too cliche but well, acceptable given what we got!

If more episodes were like this, there'd be no more complaints from me =X since minor stuff is fine. The action scenes to me are the biggest part of gundam, since well, the mobile suits and how they flow in battle are pretty much the most unique part of the gundam meta-verse. Everything else can be copied, but the way Gundam has pretty much been the universal technical robot fighter is incomparable. Don't even mention Transformers, cause they NEVER got into the details and technicalities of how people win.

^________________________^ this episode made me happy! Only hope they don't kill Ali Al Sarges off. The guy is an amazing addition to the otherwise lacking cast, and again, he has cred to be plot deviced to become #1 fighter in the near future. Who wouldn't want to see a fight that surpasses this episode soon? =)

How some of you people can hate characters like Ali and Graham confuse the crap out of me. =( They showed the most emotions (Graham being even new to me, since I don't recognize the VA) , and provide the bravado content in the series. It's like asking for Voldemorte to die in book 1 and have everyone living happily ever after for the next 6 focusing on how they grow up and do in Hogworts.



Well for one, the guy is the captain and oldest of the Meisters. He looks like the one who has the most field experience, and let's face it, he's never fought anyone but grunts. His opinion is going to be flawed no matter how you look at it, or else he wouldn't have such a high and mighty attitude towards terrorism and other crap.



For one, he didn't identify Graham's flag as special, I'm guessing this is something only Ptolemy can do. Second, since Setsuna was the only person other than Tiera to battle non cannon fodder, that pretty much means 0 info was shared. There's not going to be a "Hey guys, I nearly got raped by this custom flag/enact/tieren, just a heads up" from some loner guy, and definitely not coming from angsty queer boy. They are officially a team, but anyone who's played team sports/games, worked in a team can tell these guys aren't an ACTUAL team.



As amazing as it is, it will never happen or if it will, it will never be a full out battle with a decided victor. Why? Because if that happened, Gundam 00 would be like, better than Gundam GS/GSD and then no one would give a rats ass about the main characters. It'd be Union vs PMC trust. Which well, could've been done, but wasn't LOL. It'd be like asking ... actually I don't recall many Gundam series where the main character doesn't become overpowered. So in a sense, this one is pretty good! Setsuna isn't overpowered! Hurray!



It's a much more commendable observation seeing as Alejandro didn't even fight him. It pretty much means the guy is also an ace player, most likely can pilot a suit of his own, and is a candidate for last boss. Ali stating it was just plain obvious, since he just owned Exia in the face.



Because people who train in SECRET and have LIMITED FIELD EXPERIENCE are suppose to be better than PUBLIC ACES who pretty much wear the champions belt and defend it 24/7? What are you joking me?

Let's look at the major opponents so far:

Patrick Cannonfodder: GG if this even counts. I do since it's AEU's man. I hope he doesn't get Jareded, cause he'd be a funny survivor of the series. That or at least die in a hilarious way, like to Saji/Louise.

Graham Acre: Char-clone. Guy who LIKES FIGHTING. Vs Meisters who DON'T/NO INTEREST. The only person who can rival him in Hal, and Hal is more sadistic than battle lust. Note his fight with Lockon this episode didn't indicate he would win, just that he had the more aggressive stance. Doesn't mean he would've won, but advantage could be given to him if you view it that way.

Sergei Smirnov: ......This guy is a lvl 100 pokemon as far as exp is concerned. And he STILL didn't do that well. Also he beat up loner wussy exia, who CARES? That guy is the WORSE of all 4.

Soma: ....TERRIBLE. Only better than PC. Q_Qs, can't fight Hal worth JACK (perfect example your statement fails) and only thing she does right is capture fat kid. Oh wait, she failed that too.

Ali Al Sarges: ELITE MOB/BOSS. What did you expect? This guy incites fighting more than Graham, has the experience with his age, and still has enough youth in him to not be a slow crap geezer like Sergei. He's the prime player as far as everyone here is concerned with maybe Graham being able to push him off the throne.

Oh and your later comments made no sense. You might be watching the previous episodes.
you have a point there, the miester arnt as aggressive as those guys....

maybe if they get serious?hmmm who knows
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 02:46   Link #77
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Edit: As for Marina...

Look, Relena might have had everything thrown at her including the kitchen sink, but at least that woman had some guts.
Lacus was pure ownage, and either you loved it or hated it.

But Marina is just a useless whining drama-llama pansy-ass bitch. I really *hope* she eats it because she's eating up screen time and I'm getting really annoyed with this world-is-supposed-to-be-good-whining-dipshit that loses her breath every time she comes across an OH NOES situation.

I hope Ali kills her himself >=).
Now it's quite apparent that Marina is just a puppet, the real brain is the megane maid puppeteering her from behind.

For Saji, Saji x Louise x Mama threesome FTW
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 04:48   Link #78
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Menclave Subs Out
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 05:14   Link #79
Jeffry2009
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
just finished watching sub version, but too bad there is no Allehujah & Tieria in this episode.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 06:17   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'd like to have the bit about the UN trade restrictions explained.

Was that a rationing to protect the dwindling reserves? Wouldn't that have made the oil all the more valuable?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.