AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-25, 16:36   Link #1
Silasj
SOS団 Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denmark
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Silasj Send a message via MSN to Silasj Send a message via Skype™ to Silasj
Make online flash file desktop

Now I know it's possible to make a flash file, .swf, your desktop.
And I know you can capture flash files online to your computer, however, I can't seem to make it work with this flash file

Can anyone help me?
Silasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 20:44   Link #2
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Well, you can first save the file to your computer. You can then make a web page with that flash file embedded on it, and then put that web page on your Active Desktop.

Good luck!
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 07:59   Link #3
Silasj
SOS団 Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denmark
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Silasj Send a message via MSN to Silasj Send a message via Skype™ to Silasj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Well, you can first save the file to your computer. You can then make a web page with that flash file embedded on it, and then put that web page on your Active Desktop.

Good luck!
I already tried that, but whenever I copy the .swf file from the "temporary internet files" folder and pastes it anywhere else, Haruhi disappears and it's just a grey background. It works fine with a lot of other flash files, I can't seem to make it work with this particular flash file.
Silasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 08:42   Link #4
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
...I should have known this is something tougher than just Actionscript grabbing another file elsewhere. This is Actionscript grabbing multiple files.

So I went through the hex dump for the file with Sothink SWF decompiler, and it looks like it acquires every single graphic down to Haruhi's eyelashes separately from the server (I see "lip_eyelash.png" somewhere in the dump), and dynamically calculates the image skewing as your mouse moves with crazy amounts of script. A very clever way to stop you from saving this, I must say.

It's technically possible to have this run locally on the computer, but we're going to have to find every single graphic from the site's directories and save them in the correct paths on your computer relative to the flash file itself. This isn't the easiest way to do anything, but I think that's all we've got. I don't even know how many graphics there are.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 10:02   Link #5
Silasj
SOS団 Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denmark
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Silasj Send a message via MSN to Silasj Send a message via Skype™ to Silasj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
...I should have known this is something tougher than just Actionscript grabbing another file elsewhere. This is Actionscript grabbing multiple files.

So I went through the hex dump for the file with Sothink SWF decompiler, and it looks like it acquires every single graphic down to Haruhi's eyelashes separately from the server (I see "lip_eyelash.png" somewhere in the dump), and dynamically calculates the image skewing as your mouse moves with crazy amounts of script. A very clever way to stop you from saving this, I must say.

It's technically possible to have this run locally on the computer, but we're going to have to find every single graphic from the site's directories and save them in the correct paths on your computer relative to the flash file itself. This isn't the easiest way to do anything, but I think that's all we've got. I don't even know how many graphics there are.
*gives it some thought*

I figured it was something like that, however I wasn't sure since I'm not that good at .swf grabbing
I was wondering if it would be possible, to have the .swf template, with all the graphic files it need, as links, so it would fetch them all from the website without having to download. But I suppose that would equal to try and download all the files.

Perhaps if they have an open ftp server, the files would be easy to locate.

Googling "Haruhi512.swf" comes up with some japanese sites mentioning the .swf file, but I have no idea what they are saying, and if they are just mentioning the file as something cool.


Last edited by Silasj; 2007-09-27 at 09:58.
Silasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 03:33   Link #6
Richard 23
piko piko pikori
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western WA, USA
Thumbs up Local Haruhi Flash

Actually it's easier than you think. Those png files are actually stored in another swf file. Take a closer look at the hex dump. You'll find: "original/FaceData.swf" in there.

To get the haruhi flash to work correctly locally you only need two files: haruhi512.swf (41k) and FaceData.swf (390k).

Just be sure that you save FaceData.swf in a subdirectory named "original" in the same directory as haruhi512.swf. You should then be able to open the haruhi512.swf file in your browser.

Good luck!

If you open FaceData.swf in Sothink SWF Decompiler you will find the data that appeared to missing from the main swf file.

Image (15)
Frame (1)
Misc Tags (5)

image 10 and 13 are particularly creepy looking!

Have fun. And be sure to let me know if it works for you. I was fooled a couple of times playing with haruhi512.swf because the remote file was cached. In Firefox, Reload uses the cached data; highlighting the url in the address bar and pressing Enter does a true reload.

And don't let b.bngi-channel.jp know that we figured it out. There's a Mikuru and possibly a Yuki flash coming soon!

Last edited by Richard 23; 2007-09-30 at 08:35.
Richard 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 08:45   Link #7
Silasj
SOS団 Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denmark
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Silasj Send a message via MSN to Silasj Send a message via Skype™ to Silasj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
Actually it's easier than you think. Those png files are actually stored in another swf file. Take a closer look at the hex dump. You'll find: "original/FaceData.swf" in there.

To get the haruhi flash to work correctly locally you only need two files: haruhi512.swf (41k) and FaceData.swf (390k).

Just be sure that you save FaceData.swf in a subdirectory named "original" in the same directory as haruhi512.swf. You should then be able to open the haruhi512.swf file in your browser.

Good luck!

If you open FaceData.swf in Sothink SWF Decompiler you will find the data that appeared to missing from the main swf file.

Image (15)
Frame (1)
Misc Tags (5)

image 10 and 13 are particularly creepy looking!

Have fun. And be sure to let me know if it works for you. I was fooled a couple of times playing with haruhi512.swf because the remote file was cached. In Firefox, Reload uses the cached data; highlighting the url in the address bar and pressing Enter does a true reload.

And don't let b.bngi-channel.jp know that we figured it out. There's a Mikuru and possibly a Yuki flash coming soon!
Wow thanks a lot man, you're awesome, I just can't make it work somehow though. I have the facedata in /flash/original and the haruhi in /flash, what could I be doing wrong?

And yeah, I'm looking forward for the Yuki and Mikuru one's I'll be a bit disappointed if it's Kyon xD
__________________
A lot of thanks to Cats for making that avatar

Last edited by Silasj; 2007-09-30 at 09:29.
Silasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 21:48   Link #8
Richard 23
piko piko pikori
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western WA, USA
Hmmm, you're right. I'll have to look into it some more. It was probably working due to the Firefox cache again. My suspicion originally was that the script checked for the base url and if it wasn't loaded from home, it wouldn't work. Maybe there's another file required. I'll look through the hex dump for FaceData.swf. I haven't actually done that yet, since I thought it was working.

Over at dannychoo, a commenter said there were two other files. Maybe he was right. I'll let you know if I figure it out.
Richard 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 09:15   Link #9
Silasj
SOS団 Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denmark
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Silasj Send a message via MSN to Silasj Send a message via Skype™ to Silasj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
Hmmm, you're right. I'll have to look into it some more. It was probably working due to the Firefox cache again. My suspicion originally was that the script checked for the base url and if it wasn't loaded from home, it wouldn't work. Maybe there's another file required. I'll look through the hex dump for FaceData.swf. I haven't actually done that yet, since I thought it was working.

Over at dannychoo, a commenter said there were two other files. Maybe he was right. I'll let you know if I figure it out.
Thanks a lot man
__________________
A lot of thanks to Cats for making that avatar
Silasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 20:52   Link #10
Richard 23
piko piko pikori
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western WA, USA
Angry Darn That Uncooperative Flash!

For what it's worth, I found the company that is responsible for this "Motion Portrait" technology.

Motion Portrait (Japanese), Auto-Translated, Demos, English Page. Note: there is more content (and more demos) on the Japanese version of the site, as usual. :-P And I've noticed that the embedded flash on the front page doesn't work when the page has been run through Google Translate. Hmmm. So it's not just uncooperative when being accessed locally.

I also found out that these "Motion Portrait" generated animations all follow a standard file hierarchy, including the Haruhi Flash. There are 3 files:
[whatever].swf
original/FaceData.swf
original/faceparam.data
But it still doesn't work locally in the browser. I found a discussion here, where someone claims that opening the flash locally in a browser doesn't work, but opening it in mplayerclassic does. It didn't work for me. Windows Media Player complained about needing a newer version of Macromedia Flash Player.

Sadly I still haven't found a technical discussion of "Motion Portrait" and there is no officially released software to generate these things or to examine existing ones. No technical docs or info of any kind that I can locate.

Apparently when the software is released it will be available here (Auto-Translated from Japanese).

Wild Goose Chase: I did notice that there's a file attribute property "Access" set to "network only". But editing a compiled swf with a hex editor isn't possible since the file's compressed. SWF Decompiler can apparently save a decompressed copy of the swf. I hacked into it with a hex editor and managed to figure out how to set the "Access" property to "local files only" but it didn't seem to make any difference.

That's all I've been able to figure out so far. Phooey. How weak! Are there any standalone Flash players? I've only seen Flash player as a browser plug-in.

I'm kind of surprised there isn't a tech doc out there yet by a determined hacker, but this appears to be a relatively new (and unreleased) application. Maybe nobody's figured it out yet. It apparently can generate these things with a single image. That's pretty impressive if true.
Richard 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 22:13   Link #11
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
That's all I've been able to figure out so far. Phooey. How weak! Are there any standalone Flash players? I've only seen Flash player as a browser plug-in.
I'm not sure what you mean, given that Adobe Flash Player has been available since quite a while now.
__________________


Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 12:07   Link #12
Richard 23
piko piko pikori
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western WA, USA
Thanks WanderingKnight. I should have looked a little harder! I never needed a standalone player before, and I still don't. The local copy of the haruhi flash doesn't work in the standalone Flash Player either. Bah.
Richard 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 13:20   Link #13
Silasj
SOS団 Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denmark
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Silasj Send a message via MSN to Silasj Send a message via Skype™ to Silasj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
For what it's worth, I found the company that is responsible for this "Motion Portrait" technology.

Motion Portrait (Japanese), Auto-Translated, Demos, English Page. Note: there is more content (and more demos) on the Japanese version of the site, as usual. :-P And I've noticed that the embedded flash on the front page doesn't work when the page has been run through Google Translate. Hmmm. So it's not just uncooperative when being accessed locally.

I also found out that these "Motion Portrait" generated animations all follow a standard file hierarchy, including the Haruhi Flash. There are 3 files:
[whatever].swf
original/FaceData.swf
original/faceparam.data
But it still doesn't work locally in the browser. I found a discussion here, where someone claims that opening the flash locally in a browser doesn't work, but opening it in mplayerclassic does. It didn't work for me. Windows Media Player complained about needing a newer version of Macromedia Flash Player.

Sadly I still haven't found a technical discussion of "Motion Portrait" and there is no officially released software to generate these things or to examine existing ones. No technical docs or info of any kind that I can locate.

Apparently when the software is released it will be available here (Auto-Translated from Japanese).

Wild Goose Chase: I did notice that there's a file attribute property "Access" set to "network only". But editing a compiled swf with a hex editor isn't possible since the file's compressed. SWF Decompiler can apparently save a decompressed copy of the swf. I hacked into it with a hex editor and managed to figure out how to set the "Access" property to "local files only" but it didn't seem to make any difference.

That's all I've been able to figure out so far. Phooey. How weak! Are there any standalone Flash players? I've only seen Flash player as a browser plug-in.

I'm kind of surprised there isn't a tech doc out there yet by a determined hacker, but this appears to be a relatively new (and unreleased) application. Maybe nobody's figured it out yet. It apparently can generate these things with a single image. That's pretty impressive if true.
Sugoi you're so into it
A guy I know suggested just using a program to download everything on the server that could be related to flash files, like downloading everything with a *swf suffix. Yet I never actually found out how to do it
__________________
A lot of thanks to Cats for making that avatar
Silasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 10:02   Link #14
Richard 23
piko piko pikori
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western WA, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silasj View Post
Sugoi you're so into it
A guy I know suggested just using a program to download everything on the server that could be related to flash files, like downloading everything with a *swf suffix. Yet I never actually found out how to do it
I'm assuming your friend is talking about a "site ripper," or whatever they're called, a program that takes a url and then fetches everything linked to on that page to make a local offline copy. I used to do that quite a bit on my iMac. Basically it examines the html pages it finds to build a local directory hierarchy of files. It wouldn't really help here since only "haruhi.swf" is linked on the page that displays the flash animation. The other two files are referenced inside the flash file. Also "faceparam.data" isn't an swf file. Somebody will figure it out eventually, I guess. But we're at a dead end for now.

I suspect that the "network only" flag requires that the files in the "original" directory must be retrieved via http, which doesn't happen when the files are local. This could be verified by uploading the files to another website and trying it there. Perhaps I'll try that sometime in the next week or so.

Maybe it will be possible to localize these files when/if "Motion Portrait" is released to the public.
Richard 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 09:03   Link #15
Dreamslayer
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bendigo, Australia
Age: 32
I also tried to get the Haruhi motion portrait on my xp desktop without any success.

Now that I've got Vista I tried again, but alas Vista doesn't have active desktop. I found out the Vista's sidebar supports embedding flash in a gadget, and I made one. It works but it has a thick white border, better then nothing I suppose.

Also, I can't use the gadget to load the files locally. There may indeed be a limitation in only loading it remotely.
Dreamslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 02:54   Link #16
moyung
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
it doesnt work as my active desktop. how do u make it work?
if only someone could make the exe into swf file with the same output, i can make this thing worked on desktop.

Last edited by moyung; 2008-01-02 at 13:50.
moyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 16:30   Link #17
Eviltape
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida, USA
If you have Windows Vista Ultimate (which I can deduce you don't, so I'm posting this to use up some time), you can encode the file into an mpg and set that as your desktop. Yay for Windows Dreamscene!
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.