AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-22, 15:06   Link #101
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Hate to brng this back from the dead, but the new OVA seems to completely change the ending that we've been dealing with for a long time. To the Haruka fans, looks like you'll be happy.

For the rest, you'll probably feel cheated like I did.
__________________
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 23:18   Link #102
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
i had closure and the ending was spectacular.......this 'next season' is lookiing bit scary...but its impossible for me not to watch since i'm a KgNE fan


hmmm 'next season' i want a " 'next season' " for ichigo manga (the quadruple quote is intentional)
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 00:32   Link #103
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Hate to brng this back from the dead, but the new OVA seems to completely change the ending that we've been dealing with for a long time. To the Haruka fans, looks like you'll be happy.

For the rest, you'll probably feel cheated like I did.
Or not...I'm a fan of KimiNozo on a whole, therefor adding to the story in the way that the game takes it is a high plus in my books.
__________________
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 15:03   Link #104
Shiori Zuhon
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
The most interesting thing I've learnt from reading these threads on KGNE is that Western attitudes towards best friends and romance is subtly different from what I'm familiar with here in East Asia.

Most of the anger against Mitsuki seems to stem from the opinion that it is wrong to poach your best friend's boy/girl-friend. More specifically, that it is somehow wrong for Mitsuki to develop romantic feelings for Takayuki because he is supposed to be reserved for Haruka, her best friend.

I haven't noticed this strand of opinion before until I've watched other teenage romance anime, where the dubbed English dialogue differs very significantly from the Japanese original. Specifically, I'm thinking of a scene in Whisper of the Heart where a boy confessed that he liked the story's heroine. In Japanese, the girl felt awkward about the confession, and rejected the boy because she didn't have any romantic feelings for him. In English however, she rejected him because she knew her best friend liked the boy instead.

To be sure, I never quite understood the criticisms levelled at Mitsuki's supposed "betrayal". In my opinion, Mitsuki had behaved as best as she could have as a friend, given the circumstances, and it seems unfair to blame her for "poaching" Takayuki, when in truth, Haruka was already as good as dead at the time. How much longer was she supposed to wait?

As such, I wonder if Mitsuki has been indicted by a Western prejudice towards how such relationships should be handled. Culture plays a large role in how we approach our everyday affairs, and I wonder if it plays a role in understanding how events turned out in KGNE.
Your sense of attitude are culturally wrong. It is the Asians who have a more narrow-minded views on what friends can/should do and to what extent. You never quite understand the criticisms levelled at Mitsuki? Well, let me tell you. First, I don't know about you but I'm sure many other races of people believe that it is a taboo to touch or (like you said) poach your best friends girl/boy. It is not just culturally wrong but morally wrong as well, I believe. Ask yourself this question, if YOU were the person in a coma, would you give your lover to your bestfriend? Can you still honestly accept them?

"Mitsuki had behaved as best as she could have as a friend"? How? By stripping naked to your bestfriend's guy and throwing yourself to him when your bestfriend is still alive albeit comatose? In medical years, one year is not that long...and in most accident cases, the victim will recover fully. But that is not the point here. The fact remains that Mitsuki f*cked with her bestfriend's boyfriend - how is that acceptable or even reasonable at all? A betrayal is a betrayal no matter what the circumstances is. For that reason, it is unforgivable. I admire Haruka's courage and resolution to bid farewell to those that betrayed her and to move on. By the way, Mitsuki so deserves that slap.
__________________
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 01:29   Link #105
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiori Zuhon View Post
Your sense of attitude are culturally wrong. It is the Asians who have a more narrow-minded views on what friends can/should do and to what extent. You never quite understand the criticisms levelled at Mitsuki? Well, let me tell you. First, I don't know about you but I'm sure many other races of people believe that it is a taboo to touch or (like you said) poach your best friends girl/boy. It is not just culturally wrong but morally wrong as well, I believe. Ask yourself this question, if YOU were the person in a coma, would you give your lover to your bestfriend? Can you still honestly accept them?
Yes, actually, as I would accept the truth that time has passed on and people must continue with their lives and not live at the expense of mine. I would easily be able to accept the actions that Mitsuki took, as well as the actions of Takayuki. As much, Haruka accepted the same actions for the very same reasons I just stated above.


Quote:
"Mitsuki had behaved as best as she could have as a friend"? How? By stripping naked to your bestfriend's guy and throwing yourself to him when your bestfriend is still alive albeit comatose? In medical years, one year is not that long...and in most accident cases, the victim will recover fully. But that is not the point here. The fact remains that Mitsuki f*cked with her bestfriend's boyfriend - how is that acceptable or even reasonable at all? A betrayal is a betrayal no matter what the circumstances is. For that reason, it is unforgivable. I admire Haruka's courage and resolution to bid farewell to those that betrayed her and to move on. By the way, Mitsuki so deserves that slap.
I think you are kinda confused at the reason Mitsuki 'stripped' for Takayuki. The purpose of it was both as a shock to Takayuki as much as it is a proclamation of her total devotion to him.

In medical terms, yes, one year is a long time, matter of fact, comatose patients that are under for 12 months are generally not expected to recover, and if they actually do are expected to obtain a level of brain damage that will inhibit their abilities and more than likely inhibit their cognitive reasoning skills.

Even as it stands, there was no true betrayal as there was no malicious intent. Matter of fact, the entirety of reasoning behind Mitsuki's throwing herself at Takayuki was, in fact, selfless as it was her attempt to finally break Takayuki from the slump he was in by throwing a complete shock to his system and making him take a stand.
__________________
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 12:55   Link #106
Shiori Zuhon
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
Yes, actually, as I would accept the truth that time has passed on and people must continue with their lives and not live at the expense of mine. I would easily be able to accept the actions that Mitsuki took, as well as the actions of Takayuki. As much, Haruka accepted the same actions for the very same reasons I just stated above.
People just don't get it, do you? Life goes on yes...but NOT when you woke up and found out that your bestfriend has already get together with your boyfriend. Haruka finally accepted the truth but look again carefully on WHY she finally decides to accept the truth and to sever all ties with both Mitsuki and Takayuki? She said "Takayuki is no longer the boy that she was chasing 3 years ago." In reality, nobody (at least not in my oriental culture) would accept a man (aka my boyfriend) who has slept with my friend (let alone a bestfriend)! That kind of thing is just culturally and morally wrong. Ironically, it's a different matter altogether if Takayuki was to hook up with a total stranger. Your comment of "I would easily be able to accept the actions that Mitsuki took as well as the actions of Takayuki" tells just how insignificant you think of love. But that is NOT Haruka. She certainly doesn't look at love so callously like you said. Otherwise, she would not have slapped Mitsuki and told her to go away and bid farewell to Takayuki. She intends to sever all ties with those that betrayed her - which is the right decision - and to go on with her life. But did she ever once said or showed any assent for both Takayuki and Mitsuki to be together? She was basically telling Takayuki that he may leave her now and do whatever he wants with his life but she would not be part of. I think I understand this better than you do. I would be surprised if you can understand even half of what I am trying to convey here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
I think you are kinda confused at the reason Mitsuki 'stripped' for Takayuki. The purpose of it was both as a shock to Takayuki as much as it is a proclamation of her total devotion to him.

In medical terms, yes, one year is a long time, matter of fact, comatose patients that are under for 12 months are generally not expected to recover, and if they actually do are expected to obtain a level of brain damage that will inhibit their abilities and more than likely inhibit their cognitive reasoning skills.

Even as it stands, there was no true betrayal as there was no malicious intent. Matter of fact, the entirety of reasoning behind Mitsuki's throwing herself at Takayuki was, in fact, selfless as it was her attempt to finally break Takayuki from the slump he was in by throwing a complete shock to his system and making him take a stand.
Whatever reasons Mitsuki make love to Takayuki is unimportant. It is the fact that they did is the whole point here. It was morally wrong and unfair to Haruka (as the guy's girlfriend and the girl's bestfriend) that is the issue here. Even though your lover (and your bestfriend) are in a coma, that is still not an excuse to 'comfort' each other sexually. While I understand perfectly all their actions given the circumstances and their feelings for each other, that still doesn't make Takayuki and Mitsuki's actions righteous. Do you understand what I am saying here? One of my point is since Mitsuki has decided to let her bestfriend (Haruka) have Takayuki even against her own heart's desire - that was noble - then she should have lay her fingers off her bestfriend's man. But given the growing strong feelings she already has for the boy, it is understandable...but still, that does not necessarily make the actions seemed right. Therefore, it is still betrayal no matter how you see it. A betrayal of Haruka's love for Takayuki and trust for Mitsuki.
__________________
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 18:33   Link #107
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiori Zuhon View Post
People just don't get it, do you? Life goes on yes...but NOT when you woke up and found out that your bestfriend has already get together with your boyfriend. Haruka finally accepted the truth but look again carefully on WHY she finally decides to accept the truth and to sever all ties with both Mitsuki and Takayuki? She said "Takayuki is no longer the boy that she was chasing 3 years ago." In reality, nobody (at least not in my oriental culture) would accept a man (aka my boyfriend) who has slept with my friend (let alone a bestfriend)! That kind of thing is just culturally and morally wrong. Ironically, it's a different matter altogether if Takayuki was to hook up with a total stranger. Your comment of "I would easily be able to accept the actions that Mitsuki took as well as the actions of Takayuki" tells just how insignificant you think of love. But that is NOT Haruka. She certainly doesn't look at love so callously like you said. Otherwise, she would not have slapped Mitsuki and told her to go away and bid farewell to Takayuki. She intends to sever all ties with those that betrayed her - which is the right decision - and to go on with her life. But did she ever once said or showed any assent for both Takayuki and Mitsuki to be together? She was basically telling Takayuki that he may leave her now and do whatever he wants with his life but she would not be part of. I think I understand this better than you do. I would be surprised if you can understand even half of what I am trying to convey here.
Wow, you are a presumptuous one aren't you....to sit there and tell me that I don't hold love as a high regard you must really know me eh? I'm sure my wife would have quite a bit in opposition to what you say, and considering she is of Japanese origin, I kinda think it'll also null and void your whole "oriental" comment, which she laughed at when she read your original assumption.

What you are doing is imparting your beliefs onto people and, well sweetheart, that doesn't go over so well. I told you that I would easily be able to accept the circumstances and understand the point behind it, as well as I told you that it makes absolutely perfect sense as to why the events took place in KimiNozo.

Haruka didn't totally subject herself to cutting off from Takayuki or Mitsuki, if you actually watched the ending you might have caught on to this, but apparently it flew far above your reach. Haruka gave Takayuki the farewell because of exactly what she said, that Takayuki is not the same man from three years ago and that he has grown up. Haruka told him goodbye for the simple fact that she understands that 3 years is a long time, especially considering the circumstances, and that things are inevitably going to change. To this end, it shows Haruka's acceptance of maturity and changes.


Quote:
Whatever reasons Mitsuki make love to Takayuki is unimportant. It is the fact that they did is the whole point here.
Wow, you've got some pretty funny view of things...the reasons Mitsuki did the act is the biggest thing there is, outside of the accident of course.

Quote:
It was morally wrong and unfair to Haruka (as the guy's girlfriend and the girl's bestfriend) that is the issue here.
No, my friend, it's morally wrong for you, and that is a big difference especially when considering the events that take place within the anime. You seem to be trying to say that your moral compass is the only one there is in the world.

Quote:
Even though your lover (and your bestfriend) are in a coma, that is still not an excuse to 'comfort' each other sexually.
Yes, the love who is in a coma, has been for over a year, and have been barred from seeing her ever again. Yea, that seems like Takayuki had much going for him there, didn't it...or did you overlook this small part?

Quote:
While I understand perfectly all their actions given the circumstances and their feelings for each other, that still doesn't make Takayuki and Mitsuki's actions righteous.
So, you don't think Mitsuki saving the man she loves from probably committing suicide either in a physical sense or an emotional sense righteous? O...k....

Quote:
Do you understand what I am saying here? One of my point is since Mitsuki has decided to let her bestfriend (Haruka) have Takayuki even against her own heart's desire - that was noble - then she should have lay her fingers off her bestfriend's man.
As per circumstance, Haruka and Takauki's relationship was over...Haruka's family forbade him from seeing/visiting her and it was already a year into the coma. So in effect, Mitsuki did nothing wrong other than to override her feelings for Haruka and to open her heart to Takayuki.

Quote:
But given the growing strong feelings she already has for the boy, it is understandable...but still, that does not necessarily make the actions seemed right. Therefore, it is still betrayal no matter how you see it. A betrayal of Haruka's love for Takayuki and trust for Mitsuki.
There's no betrayal, sorry...a betrayal is to take something while it is currently engaged with something else. With Takayuki effectively spiraling through depression over the inability to see Haruka and the accident all-together, there was nothing to take Takayuki from other than that...and if that is betrayal, then damned if it isn't warranted.
__________________
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 23:00   Link #108
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
I myself did not like how Takayuki ended up with Mitsuki, but I've long accepted it.

What it comes down to for me is that I do not condone the behaviour but accept reason for it.

I certainly feel Shiori's sentiments, but sadly many of the idealistic plots like a girl waiting for the one she loves for 5-10 years just doesn't happen in real life and it's the same reversed as well.. I was quite angry that Takayuki ended up with Mitsuki but long learned to accept the situation as a rough simulation (albeit a tad over-dramatised) of real life.

This selfishness of ours derives from the very core theory of natural selection, the very fact that altruism rarely exists and never exists completely without a trace of selfishness.. We choose to love someone, but we also want the love of the person in return, one donates to charity to feel a sense of accomplishment. It's just that some selfishness are better then others.

I dislike how the ending turned out, but I learn to accept the realities of love and loss. You can't expect people to wait forever, Takayuki as well as Mitsuki both needed to feel loved and their one act of selfishness, though viewed as moralistically wrong, I still accept that they needed each other. It was merely bad luck in terms of fate that Haruka was hit by a car and ended in a coma, but sadly fate hardly always deals us good cards. Haruka's chance had passed and both her friends has moved on.
__________________
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 09:07   Link #109
Shiori Zuhon
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
Wow, you are a presumptuous one aren't you....to sit there and tell me that I don't hold love as a high regard you must really know me eh? I'm sure my wife would have quite a bit in opposition to what you say, and considering she is of Japanese origin, I kinda think it'll also null and void your whole "oriental" comment, which she laughed at when she read your original assumption.

What you are doing is imparting your beliefs onto people and, well sweetheart, that doesn't go over so well. I told you that I would easily be able to accept the circumstances and understand the point behind it, as well as I told you that it makes absolutely perfect sense as to why the events took place in KimiNozo.

Haruka didn't totally subject herself to cutting off from Takayuki or Mitsuki, if you actually watched the ending you might have caught on to this, but apparently it flew far above your reach. Haruka gave Takayuki the farewell because of exactly what she said, that Takayuki is not the same man from three years ago and that he has grown up. Haruka told him goodbye for the simple fact that she understands that 3 years is a long time, especially considering the circumstances, and that things are inevitably going to change. To this end, it shows Haruka's acceptance of maturity and changes.

Wow, you've got some pretty funny view of things...the reasons Mitsuki did the act is the biggest thing there is, outside of the accident of course.

No, my friend, it's morally wrong for you, and that is a big difference especially when considering the events that take place within the anime. You seem to be trying to say that your moral compass is the only one there is in the world.

Yes, the love who is in a coma, has been for over a year, and have been barred from seeing her ever again. Yea, that seems like Takayuki had much going for him there, didn't it...or did you overlook this small part?

So, you don't think Mitsuki saving the man she loves from probably committing suicide either in a physical sense or an emotional sense righteous? O...k....

As per circumstance, Haruka and Takauki's relationship was over...Haruka's family forbade him from seeing/visiting her and it was already a year into the coma. So in effect, Mitsuki did nothing wrong other than to override her feelings for Haruka and to open her heart to Takayuki.

There's no betrayal, sorry...a betrayal is to take something while it is currently engaged with something else. With Takayuki effectively spiraling through depression over the inability to see Haruka and the accident all-together, there was nothing to take Takayuki from other than that...and if that is betrayal, then damned if it isn't warranted.
First off, I wonder who's the one who's trying to 'impart his beliefs' onto people? Or the one who has a pretty funny views of things? Well sweetheart, that doesn't go over so well here too. Second, it's perfectly alright for someone to share his views or to have an occasional 'debate'. But for me to sit here and listen to someone telling me that I am presumptuous when apparently that same person should probably take a look in the mirror at himself too. Third, if the debate continues to be harmful, then I would like to agree to disagree eventually. But before that...I would just like to reiterate my OWN opinions again hopefully without getting some presumptuous comments. I didn't expect the presumptuous one to catch what I was trying to convey because apparently it flew far above his reach...

Now, nobody is saying that Takayuki and Mitsuki get together on purpose to cheat on Haruka or taking advantage of the situation or whatever you called it. The point is they should have better sense of what is morally right. Akane is young and yet...she KNOWS what is acceptable and what is not - which makes her a great character by the way. In reality though sometimes our heart and mind comes into conflict with each other. Our heart may want something but our mind may think of the consequences first. Oftentimes our better judgement (the mind) will take precedence but it is only a matter of time before the heart will overcome the mind (our better judgement). Mitsuki knows that Haruka likes Takayuki. That much she knows. But she doesn't know how much Haruka thinks of her as a bestfriend - not when Shinji brought Haruka to meet them under Takayuki's favourite spot when Takayuki stood up Haruka - or how much Takayuki and Haruka's relationship has progressed. You can see how surprised Mitsuki was when Haruka forgives Takayuki and her when Haruka says 'because Mitsuki is my bestfriend' or how depressed Takayuki becomes at the hospital. My point is Mitsuki doesn't really want to come between them. Not intentionally of course. I truly believe that she does want both of them to be happy together even though it pains her to see someone she likes herself to be with her bestfriend - this is the decision she made with her mind (righteousness). Yet, eventually it becomes inevitable that one will succumb to the pressures of the heart. Hence, her occasional selfish actions - which is understandable.

Takayuki definitely still has feelings for Haruka. Otherwise he would not have break down like he did when he saw her for the first time in the hospital. Whether it was out of love, guilt or shame who knows? Maybe it's a mixture of all. But while Takayuki showed concerns to his 'ex-girlfriend', it was disheartening that Mitsuki has hardly any feelings for her 'ex-bestfriend'. She even go so far as to request that Takayuki stops seeing her, knowing that Takayuki is essential for Haruka's recovery...but that is also understandable as someone's girlfriend - jealousy is expected. Another point that I didn't like was how callously she remarked "Haruka is not my bestfriend anymore...I betrayed her" - as simple as that. Is that how bestfriends are supposed to behave? Did she make any effort whatsoever to reconcile? Did she even apologize once for 'taking over' her bestfriend's boyfriend? I am sorry but I just didn't like Mitsuki very much even though I can understand all her actions. Maybe it is just me because I was brought up in a very conservative manner.

Please let me explain the meaning of betrayal in our Asian culture. First, I don't think it is morally right to hook up with a bestfriend's lover. In our culture, we have a saying, 'A friend's lover must never be touched'. Therefore, it is a very taboo thing to be seen. It's a different matter if your lover hooks up with an unknown stranger. That is just the way we accept things, culturally and morally. Bear in mind that Haruka's family has almost regard Takayuki as a family member so for someone as close as Mitsuki to be found in bed with a 'son-in-law', it is also understandable that everybody in Haruka's family will be upset. And Takayuki and Mitsuki knows the implications of what they had done too otherwise they would not have felt guilt or shame. Using Haruka's delicate pysche was just a cheap and convenient excuse. Second, it is unimportant of when they hooked up. It is the fact that they did which is morally wrong and unacceptable. Akane was right to hate and scold them. If you really love someone you would wait forever for him/her. And you would have faith that both of you will be together no matter how many hardships you need to go through. That is love. But I guess Takayuki doesn't know what true love is.
__________________
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 10:00   Link #110
D a m i e n
permanentely bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: France
Age: 34
Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiori Zuhon View Post
If you really love someone you would wait forever for him/her.
get real mate. eventhough i still remember my first real love and still have a special feeling for her but we had to part and none of us are wasting our life in waiting for an impossible relation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiori Zuhon View Post
And you would have faith that both of you will be together no matter how many hardships you need to go through. That is love.
you really need to get a reality check, it s not something one can teach to another, it s something that you need to find by yourself, dont idealize love too much. see my first comment on your quote, even though both of us were really in love our relation would have never gone anywhere and would never mature into anything. as much i also want to glorifie Love like you do, i know it doesn work this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiori Zuhon View Post
But I guess Takayuki doesn't know what true love is.
i think he found out what a side of love is and that s why he was able to move on and let go of his ghost haunting him and preventing him to move forwards. There is no such thing as True Love only an idealisation made by people, eventually you will understand but this requires some experiences (in my case we learned the hardway but i wont complain)
__________________
Outside of a dog reading is man's best friend, inside it s too dark to read...
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 10:46   Link #111
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Hate to brng this back from the dead, but the new OVA seems to completely change the ending that we've been dealing with for a long time. To the Haruka fans, looks like you'll be happy.

For the rest, you'll probably feel cheated like I did.
Damn right I feel cheated, I'm like hoping they pull a swerve and switch this to an Akane ending.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 11:20   Link #112
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiori Zuhon View Post
If you really love someone you would wait forever for him/her. And you would have faith that both of you will be together no matter how many hardships you need to go through. That is love. But I guess Takayuki doesn't know what true love is.
Not possible in the real world...seriously humans don't have that kind of commitment - especially for someone who still has the rest of their life to live. You can't expect him to wait in the past and not to move on with his life. This isn't about being selfish - infact, I would be more selfish of Haruka if she woke up and expected for taka to have waited for her. I'm sure someone out there would be willing enough to wait for years but the chances are one in a few million...or more. The relationship they have at the time is what I like to call: "puppy love" - If it works they could be together but the opposite also applies, an easy split up could also occur.
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 12:44   Link #113
Shiori Zuhon
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
get real mate. eventhough i still remember my first real love and still have a special feeling for her but we had to part and none of us are wasting our life in waiting for an impossible relation.

you really need to get a reality check, it s not something one can teach to another, it s something that you need to find by yourself, dont idealize love too much. see my first comment on your quote, even though both of us were really in love our relation would have never gone anywhere and would never mature into anything. as much i also want to glorifie Love like you do, i know it doesn work this way.

i think he found out what a side of love is and that s why he was able to move on and let go of his ghost haunting him and preventing him to move forwards. There is no such thing as True Love only an idealisation made by people, eventually you will understand but this requires some experiences (in my case we learned the hardway but i wont complain)
Do you really need to be so rude and presumptuous with comments like "get real" or "you really need to get a reality check". You are entitled to your opinions and that goes for me. My opinion are strictly based on the anime, a show but people like you and DarkCntry are attacking and provoking ME for apparently no reason. Though my views may seem to be naive to some people, I just want to give my two cents worth on what I have seen, felt and would like to believe.

And for all my sheltered and conservative upbringing, I do know that the world outside is harsher in reality. I am a pragmatist after all. So you do not need to give me some "reality check", Damien and nor should you 'let it out' on me about your own personal bad experiences. I don't think I should receive that from you. And that goes for the person below Damien too (ie Deathkillz). I am just too tired to retort twice.
__________________

Last edited by Shiori Zuhon; 2008-01-04 at 16:06.
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 13:11   Link #114
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Okay, that's enough. Stop... Shiori Zuhon, please drop this topic, as you apparently can't help but get defensive whenever your personal beliefs are questioned by others. You can't just state your opinion, no matter how biased, naive, or ignorant, and expect everyone to respect that opinion without question. That's even more wishful than the opinion itself. Anyway, enough. Thank you...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 09:30   Link #115
Shiori Zuhon
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Okay, that's enough. Stop... Shiori Zuhon, please drop this topic, as you apparently can't help but get defensive whenever your personal beliefs are questioned by others. You can't just state your opinion, no matter how biased, naive, or ignorant, and expect everyone to respect that opinion without question. That's even more wishful than the opinion itself. Anyway, enough. Thank you...
Is it wrong to get defensive when one's personal beliefs are questioned by others? Isn't that only natural human instinct? In a public forum, is it asking too much for everybody to respect each other's opinions (without question) as long as it is NOT offensive? How is that wishful? You know what?....whatever...you are right...I have enough...so thank you SOOOOO much...as a moderator you are soooooo fair.
__________________
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 12:20   Link #116
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Chill shiori chill...from what I read I have to say that you are the one who started the ball rolling here...

We can all handle a debate but you started it off rather unpleasently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiori Zuhon
Your sense of attitude are culturally wrong...
Just by saying that you are ignoring one's views and imposing your own. You started being defensive and irritated for no apparent reason. You have your views which we respect but don't try to think that your sole view is a refection on how the rest of us think. Just calm down a bit.
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 12:29   Link #117
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiori Zuhon;1321699[B
]Your sense of attitude are culturally wrong. It is the Asians who have a more narrow-minded views on what friends can/should do and to what extent. [/B]
I am Asian and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Haruka was in a coma for over a year and no one know if she would wake form it. It was time to move on and they did. Even Haruka's parent told him that he needed to move. To the point of banning him form the hospital.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 16:09   Link #118
Shiori Zuhon
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Chill shiori chill...from what I read I have to say that you are the one who started the ball rolling here...

We can all handle a debate but you started it off rather unpleasently.

Just by saying that you are ignoring one's views and imposing your own. You started being defensive and irritated for no apparent reason. You have your views which we respect but don't try to think that your sole view is a refection on how the rest of us think. Just calm down a bit.
Thanks for all the feedbacks. This goes for everybody. In the last couple of posts I learnt a great deal.
__________________
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 10:27   Link #119
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Hate to brng this back from the dead, but the new OVA seems to completely change the ending that we've been dealing with for a long time. To the Haruka fans, looks like you'll be happy.

For the rest, you'll probably feel cheated like I did.
Considering it's not supposed to be a direct sequel to the anime, technically it doesn't really change the ending at all.

It's an alternate version of the story, not a replacement.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 09:45   Link #120
Man0warr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
It was a good ending. Haruka turns around and is surprised, then happy, with tears in her eyes. Then the last page of the book she wrote is shown, with the 4 ferrets (haruka, mitsuki, shinji, takayuski) meeting up again on the hill.
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.