AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-05, 13:28   Link #1421
Kensuke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Finland
So, what time is it?



Source
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 13:43   Link #1422
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
So, what time is it?



Source
I Don't Want Ever This To Be My Watch..
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 14:04   Link #1423
Dxon
Inactive user
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Holland,Zuid-holland,Capelle aan den IJssel
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
So, what time is it?



Source
If you would replace the equations with the normal numbers then I would LOVE IT!! I llike the symbol in the middle. ^^
__________________
I don't want a sig anymore.. It's going to get removed anyway.
Gimme Cookies!!
People's screens are to small for my signature.

Last edited by Dxon; 2008-01-05 at 14:14.
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 14:07   Link #1424
mist2123
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: M.U
Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
So, what time is it?



Source
its somewhere between 7:26-28
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 14:10   Link #1425
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Subspace
Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
So, what time is it?



Source
Man thats not hard.

square root of 9 = 3 (obviously)

.9 with the line above it = .9 repeating = 1 (u learn this in calculus)

9th root of 9^9 = 9

n! = n * (n-1) * (n-2) * ... * 2 * 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
its somewhere between 7:26-28
Uh, it's somewhere 12:36 - 12:37 on the clock.....

The Binary Clock is so much better:



Yes, you can read time with this. And no I can't (I will be able to do soon though).
__________________
Vestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 14:14   Link #1426
Dxon
Inactive user
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Holland,Zuid-holland,Capelle aan den IJssel
Age: 21
I just have kinda "decoded" it from dutch to english. Hope it comes out right!

Before marriage:
She: Bye.
He: Ha! Finally I waited so long for this moment.
She: Do you want me to leave?
He: No, I don't even want to think about it.
She: Do you love me?
He: Of course, a lot!
She: Did you ever date someone else?
He: NO! Why do you ask me that?
She: Do you want to kiss me?
He: Everytime I get the chance.
She: Will you ever slap me?
He: Are you crazy? I'm not like that.
She: Can I trust you?
He: Yes.
She: Honey?
After marriage:
Read it from bottom to top. ^^

Lots of laughter!
__________________
I don't want a sig anymore.. It's going to get removed anyway.
Gimme Cookies!!
People's screens are to small for my signature.
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 14:18   Link #1427
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Subspace
Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
I just have kinda "decoded" it from dutch to english. Hope it comes out right!

Before marriage:
She: Bye.
He: Ha! Finally I waited so long for this moment.
She: Do you want me to leave?
He: No, I don't even want to think about it.
She: Do you love me?
He: Of course, a lot!
She: Did you ever date someone else?
He: NO! Why do you ask me that?
She: Do you want to kiss me?
He: Everytime I get the chance.
She: Will you ever slap me?
He: Are you crazy? I'm not like that.
She: Can I trust you?
He: Yes.
She: Honey?
After marriage:
Read it from bottom to top. ^^

Lots of laughter!
Oh man, I really hope my after marriage isn't like that...
__________________
Vestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 14:23   Link #1428
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
I just have kinda "decoded" it from dutch to english. Hope it comes out right!

Before marriage:
She: Bye.
He: Ha! Finally I waited so long for this moment.
She: Do you want me to leave?
He: No, I don't even want to think about it.
She: Do you love me?
He: Of course, a lot!
She: Did you ever date someone else?
He: NO! Why do you ask me that?
She: Do you want to kiss me?
He: Everytime I get the chance.
She: Will you ever slap me?
He: Are you crazy? I'm not like that.
She: Can I trust you?
He: Yes.
She: Honey?
After marriage:
Read it from bottom to top. ^^

Lots of laughter!
After Reading This ...OMG So True...
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 15:52   Link #1429
Khaos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: München
Smile

maximum pointlessness...my brain is melting
http://z0r.de/?id=1492

and this is even better to watch than a lava lamp
http://z0r.de/?id=1488
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 16:21   Link #1430
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
...
The Binary Clock is so much better:



Yes, you can read time with this. And no I can't (I will be able to do soon though).
Assuming the upper one to be hours and th lower one to be minutes... the watch shows the time 03:25.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 19:11   Link #1431
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Unnecessary
Age: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
Assuming the upper one to be hours and th lower one to be minutes... the watch shows the time 03:25.
I don't remember how to do binary, lol ^_^
__________________

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 19:16   Link #1432
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Location
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I don't remember how to do binary, lol ^_^
Actually, it looks like some simple arithmetics... not sure why the binary numbers are there, though, if all you have to do is some simple maths...
__________________

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 20:06   Link #1433
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I don't remember how to do binary, lol ^_^
They show the decimal value of each bit. So all you have to do is adding the values of the glowing bits. 1+2=3; 1+8+16=25

The decimal values correspond to 2^X (X being the position of the bit... starting with first bit being 0 [2^0=1], second bit being 1 [2^1=2], third bit 2 [2^2=4]...)


Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Actually, it looks like some simple arithmetics... not sure why the binary numbers are there, though, if all you have to do is some simple maths...
I always thought a real binary watch would count the milliseconds that have passed since 1970 (and that I somehow imagined is a little bit impractical). But this kind of binary watch is very user friendly.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 21:55   Link #1434
ApostleOfGod
^.^
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Isn't binary the use of digits 0's and 1's..? Like a binary code would be...
00100101110101001010101011010101010101010000101011 0111101010010..
__________________
There are two ways to live life.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 22:12   Link #1435
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Subspace
Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
They show the decimal value of each bit. So all you have to do is adding the values of the glowing bits. 1+2=3; 1+8+16=25

The decimal values correspond to 2^X (X being the position of the bit... starting with first bit being 0 [2^0=1], second bit being 1 [2^1=2], third bit 2 [2^2=4]...)




I always thought a real binary watch would count the milliseconds that have passed since 1970 (and that I somehow imagined is a little bit impractical). But this kind of binary watch is very user friendly.
Wow, I know how to read that watch now. I really want that watch now. Except with the values under them. So I can look smart:

Friend: Hey what time is it?
Me: 12:42 pm
Friend: Uh dude, wtf kind of watch is that!?!?!?
Me: Nothing much, just a binary watch.
Friend: What!?!? U mean 1's and 0's right?
Me: Yup
Friend: U mean the language the computers basically talk/communicate in???
Me: That's right.
Friend: Dude you can read that!?!?!?
Me: Well yeah, it's pretty easy once you get used to it.
Friend: *looks at me like im super smart or something*

XD
__________________
Vestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 22:12   Link #1436
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Location
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
Isn't binary the use of digits 0's and 1's..? Like a binary code would be...
00100101110101001010101011010101010101010000101011 0111101010010..
Yes, as oppose to decimal that goes from 0 to 9. As you can see, binary is a base-2 numerical system. I'm not good at explaining things but it goes:

Code:
Value in binary      Value in decimal
0                                 0
1                                 1
10                                2
11                                3
100                               4
And so on...
As you can see, on the rightmost, it's whatever-the-value-it-is (either 0 or 1) mutiply to 2^0, and as it advances to the left, it would go 0-or-1 mutiply to 2^1, then 0-or-1 mutiply to 2^2, and so on.

Haha, crappy explanation but I already said I'm not good with that.
__________________

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 22:27   Link #1437
ApostleOfGod
^.^
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Yes, as oppose to decimal that goes from 0 to 9. As you can see, binary is a base-2 numerical system. I'm not good at explaining things but it goes:

Code:
Value in binary      Value in decimal
0                                 0
1                                 1
10                                2
11                                3
100                               4
And so on...
As you can see, on the rightmost, it's whatever-the-value-it-is (either 0 or 1) mutiply to 2^0, and as it advances to the left, it would go 0-or-1 mutiply to 2^1, then 0-or-1 mutiply to 2^2, and so on.

Haha, crappy explanation but I already said I'm not good with that.
Naw bro/sis ? Lol. It works. I just wanted to make sure, because looking at the stuff above, it didn't seem like the stuff on that watch were binary numbers, so I'm kinda wondering why it's called a Binary Watch

Thanks for the effort and information though,
-A.K.
__________________
There are two ways to live life.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 22:40   Link #1438
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Location
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
Naw bro/sis ? Lol. It works. I just wanted to make sure, because looking at the stuff above, it didn't seem like the stuff on that watch were binary numbers, so I'm kinda wondering why it's called a Binary Watch

Thanks for the effort and information though,
-A.K.
Actually, there are indeed binary numbers on that watch. If you look around inside the circle, you will find numbers 1, 10, 11, 100, 101, 110 and so on. It's pretty much a bummer, though, since there's no hand clock...
__________________

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 23:49   Link #1439
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Subspace
Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Yes, as oppose to decimal that goes from 0 to 9. As you can see, binary is a base-2 numerical system. I'm not good at explaining things but it goes:

Code:
Value in binary      Value in decimal
0                                 0
1                                 1
10                                2
11                                3
100                               4
And so on...
As you can see, on the rightmost, it's whatever-the-value-it-is (either 0 or 1) mutiply to 2^0, and as it advances to the left, it would go 0-or-1 mutiply to 2^1, then 0-or-1 mutiply to 2^2, and so on.

Haha, crappy explanation but I already said I'm not good with that.
Okay, from my understanding from your explanation:

1011001
= (1 * 2^0) + (0 * 2^1) + (1 * 2^2) + (1 * 2^3) + (0 * 2^4) + (0 * 2^5) + (1 * 2^6)
= 1 + 0 + 4 + 8 + 0 + 0 + 64
= 77

Am I right?

Edit: Crap it's right to left. I missed that part in your explanation.


1011001
= (1 * 2^6) + (0 * 2^5) + (1 * 2^4) + (1 * 2^3) + (0 * 2^2) + (0 * 2^1) + (1 * 2^0)
= 64 + 0 + 16 + 8 + 0 + 0 + 1
= 89

I think thats right.

If the above is true, then the watch is a binary watch. The first row of lights is the binary number for the hour. The second row of lights is the binary number for minutes. And the indication of whether each light represents a 0 or 1 is whether it's lit up or not. Where if it's lit up = 1 and if it isn't lit up = 0.
__________________
Vestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 03:41   Link #1440
Dxon
Inactive user
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Holland,Zuid-holland,Capelle aan den IJssel
Age: 21
I learned this at school. But I learned to decode quite different. NO! Don't ask me to show you how I do it! It's my last day of vacation and I don't wanna spoil my perfect morning right now. ^^
__________________
I don't want a sig anymore.. It's going to get removed anyway.
Gimme Cookies!!
People's screens are to small for my signature.
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.