AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-07, 17:28   Link #161
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Can it be School Days 2 tiem nao plz??

Kidding aside, you're spot on, Skyfall. On the surface, this show looks just like any other (down to the cheap animation) but something is telling me to stick around. The bullying (Japan usually likes to pretend this kind of thing doesn't happen) and the blind lead definitely set it apart, though I suspect there will be some clause in the plot where we find out he is not actually blind somehow, the writers are at least trying. Plus, I wanna find out what it takes to get an entire school to call a cute girl a roach.

It has potential, but potential is often wasted...
Just stick with it, the story for the game was pretty pleasing. Even if you watched all the way, you probably won't regret it ^_^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 18:41   Link #162
kimchipride
Geass User

I don't like this anime... I'll give it one more try by watching the next episode but the concept is boring and the characters are ones I don't like.
Old 2008-01-07, 18:48   Link #163
Southern Cross
Crux

I won't make any conclusions about H2O as of yet, but I must say it has drawn my interest quite a bit. I can already sense the potential for depth behind it; I really hope they take it places. For the first episode I'd say it was pretty fast-paced, and it managed to cover a lot of ground. I'd like to see how they're going to expand from here.

I will admit I've seen some familiarities between these characters and a plethora for others, but I've been throwing myself into a bunch of romances lately, so I guess it's a bit natural for me to be making such distinctions.

Despite that I think there is and will be a lot of originality behind H2O, I just hope I won't be proven wrong. M;Y was generally a decent anime, but I can't say the ending didn't disappoint.
Southern Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 21:08   Link #164
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I think this series shows promise...because it seems deeper than your average harem comedy. It's really not that comedic either but that's okay.

My only quip with it is the ecchi scenes because they're unecessary. I understand the scene with Hayami in the beginning was for character interaction but the pantsu scene was just.....a bit too much. -.- Especially since they're in MIDDLE school.

Takuma's very cute and so far I'd support him with any of the three main girls. Though I predict he's gonna end up with Hayami and that's fine because you can tell she's actually a really sweet girl underneath the tsundere exterior.^^
Old 2008-01-07, 21:42   Link #165
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I think this series shows promise...because it seems deeper than your average harem comedy.
My main interest in the series will be seeing what Takuma will do over time to help Hayami. One thing I will say about his restored sight is this. I think in some ways this may be your classic theme. Where X is altered in a way that enables X to be able to help Y in Y's time of need. X being Takuma. Y being Hayami. The alteration being restored sight. Still there are multiple angles they could go with this sight thing as I mentioned at another place so I'll just copy and paste it here.

Random/Timer: His sight will go away and come back at random intervals or set intervals. Such as 6 hours on, 6 hours off, etc.

Charge: Some BS about how he must charge his eyes for X amount of time to use it for Y amount of time.

Barely made it: He loses his sight just after achieving his goal of helping Hayami out completely.

On his own: In this scenario the sight is lost before his mission is complete. It's at a point where he's become too used to it and is forced to now help Hayami without it.
Old 2008-01-07, 22:16   Link #166
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Yes, the blind male protagonist is interesting enough.

Also forgot to mention that I'm most likely the only girl watching this show. My fansub group asked me to TCL it so I agreed. XD

But I'm just plain attracted to bishoujo game anime because some of them have really nice art and I'm all about art.^^ And romance.
Old 2008-01-07, 22:45   Link #167
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by killz View Post
With the poem seemingly evident to be a theme for the series I can say that it may try to dive deeper than most normal romance series in terms of using metaphors, hidden messages and whatnots.
That's actually a pretty familiar poem where I'm from. I recognized it immediately.
Spoiler for the rest of it:

I guess I'll keep up with this for now, even though I always thought that poem is the height of cheesiness. I do love me some Celtic music...
Old 2008-01-08, 02:04   Link #168
bball_machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Yes, the blind male protagonist is interesting enough.

Also forgot to mention that I'm most likely the only girl watching this show. My fansub group asked me to TCL it so I agreed. XD
You might not be the only one. There are many girls who watch harems, because they like romance .

Anyway, I'm liking this show so far. It's much deeper than a typical eroge.

Am I the only one who got really upset when Hayami got beaten by the thugs ? It's a powerful opening, but it's unbearable to watch -_-.

I can see myself liking Hayami a lot, if she opens up to Takuma.
bball_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 03:09   Link #169
DanielSong39

Looks like a three-way race so far.

Hayami - Classic tsundere but it took them 1 episode to give her better development than the infamous Nanaka from M;Y. Somewhat mean to Takuma but it's easy to understand why; already showing signs of opening up. Overwhelming favorite to end up with Takuma at this point.

Hinata - Favorable initial impression; seems to be a bit fond of Takuma and generally kind. Clearly, her grandfather asked her to look after him - I don't think it goes much beyond that. We'll see if she breaks out of her shell; bonus points if she doesn't suffer character assassination, a la Asami. It didn't work in M;Y and it wouldn't work here.

Otoha - Promised girl and Takuma's true love? Of the three I think she has the most potential. Goes beyond playing the "childhood friend" card as she is quite powerful and is in a position to do the most for Takuma and perhaps Hayami. It would help if she were human, however (but since when was that an obstacle in anime?). Has a big lead on the rest, if only in Takuma's dreams...

P.S. Any bets on whether Yui and Hamaji get together?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 03:24   Link #170
stardf29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball_machine View Post

Am I the only one who got really upset when Hayami got beaten by the thugs ? It's a powerful opening, but it's unbearable to watch -_-.
The scene is only made more powerful by the lines of the Footprints poem that go with that scene.

This anime's connection with that poem is probably the most intriguing part for me. As a Christian, I know the poem quite well and it has a good amount of impact. My biggest hope for this anime is that it can convey a similar sense of impact through its story (not that I'm expecting something huge considering that Japan isn't a Christian nation, but the poem has plenty of impact even without the direct Christian connections).
stardf29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 03:49   Link #171
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I have this feeling that even though the series takes on an auspicion of trying to tell a more interesting story then the average harem comedy that it will eventually lose cohesion and ultimately decay into something more akin to the usual fair. I've said elsewhere that I expect the series to follow a route that is mostly comedy until near the end when it pulls a melodramatic plot twist that gets resolved far to quickly or inconclusively. This is just me speaking from experience. Still I'm going to follow the blog articles on this, and if it remains relatively story and character relationship oriented in my own judgement then I will start to follow the episodes because I told somebody I would try and give the Romance genre another shot......you know despite being like 1 for 10 (actually more like 3 for 20) in ones I've liked, the last being a show that aired over 20 years ago.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 03:50   Link #172
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

If you believe this is going to be mostly comedy after what was shown in episode 1, my question to you is this: did you actually watch the episode ?
Old 2008-01-08, 04:01   Link #173
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
The first ep of this show caught my interest. Something about the main character made me like him right away aside from his blindness.
Old 2008-01-08, 04:34   Link #174
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Hayami - Classic tsundere but it took them 1 episode to give her better development than the infamous Nanaka from M;Y. Somewhat mean to Takuma but it's easy to understand why; already showing signs of opening up. Overwhelming favorite to end up with Takuma at this point.
Hmmm I dunno about classic tsundere... I would peg her as having a withdrawn personality from being socially outcasted and having the dango beaten out of her on a seemingly regular basis.
Old 2008-01-08, 05:42   Link #175
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

she is EXTREME!

EXTREME eraser conserver! Dont throw that away!

EXTREME food recycler! are you going to eat that?

EXTREME tsundere affection! I hate you!

EXTREME S&M relationship building! Hit me again!

she is my ideal of perfection
Old 2008-01-08, 11:16   Link #176
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I have this feeling that even though the series takes on an auspicion of trying to tell a more interesting story then the average harem comedy that it will eventually lose cohesion and ultimately decay into something more akin to the usual fair. I've said elsewhere that I expect the series to follow a route that is mostly comedy until near the end when it pulls a melodramatic plot twist that gets resolved far to quickly or inconclusively. This is just me speaking from experience. Still I'm going to follow the blog articles on this, and if it remains relatively story and character relationship oriented in my own judgement then I will start to follow the episodes because I told somebody I would try and give the Romance genre another shot......you know despite being like 1 for 10 (actually more like 3 for 20) in ones I've liked, the last being a show that aired over 20 years ago.
Apparently your experience for things non mecha and non loli hasn't been a lot
I can assure you that this series isn't the type to go all fluff for most of it while ending with some cheesy twist where the writers think: "oh shit we left the development too late". And considering the length of the series (I read 12 but is that the series length?) there is even less chance for it to go down the path where it is filled with "fillers". Some romances follow the formula you described but not all - I am glad that there has been a steady trend in good romances recently as well

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 11:41   Link #177
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Hmmm I dunno about classic tsundere... I would peg her as having a withdrawn personality from being socially outcasted and having the dango beaten out of her on a seemingly regular basis.
I tend to agree i dont really see her as the classic tsundere type. She is definetly withdrawn and defensive but for good reason. I mean when those 2 guys slammed her head down on the desk no one in the class so much as said a peep about it. As of right now i find Hayami the most interesting character in the series. Even though i have a feeling that H2O will be anything but ordinary

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-01-08 at 12:25.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 11:46   Link #178
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

mmm, u may have the slightly wrong impression about that. it's not that she can't stop them, it's that she chooses not to stop them. as u saw, when she wanted to stand up, she immediately stood up, regardless of them trying to hold her down. she is definately withdrawn, but in no way is she defensive because she is weak. she is defensive for 'other' reasons. her power level is far above 9000.
Old 2008-01-08, 11:49   Link #179
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

I will keep watching to see what happens with Hayami. Sadly, I can't bring myself to care about Takuma much at all. He may be better than the "typical harem lead" but I'm not a fan of that genre to begin with. Hopefully he will develop into something more than "guy who pokes girls with stick and trips over his feet randomly." I will give him credit for trying to protect Hayami though, even if he mostly fails at it (so far...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
as u saw, when she wanted to stand up, she immediately stood up, regardless of them trying to hold her down.
Also when Takuma was about to fall down the stairs, she was at the door, but somehow miraculously made it halfway up the staircase before he fell. At the time I figured it was just artistic license/continuity error, but now that you mention it I guess it could be foreshadowing her hidden power.

Last edited by Sparrow1770; 2008-01-08 at 12:10.
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 12:24   Link #180
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
mmm, u may have the slightly wrong impression about that. it's not that she can't stop them, it's that she chooses not to stop them. as u saw, when she wanted to stand up, she immediately stood up, regardless of them trying to hold her down. she is definately withdrawn, but in no way is she defensive because she is weak. she is defensive for 'other' reasons. her power level is far above 9000.
I was not pointing out her lack of action it was the lack of action amoung her classmates.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, magic, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs