AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-19, 18:27   Link #1
Knucklejoe5000
Longshot

Send a message via AIM to Knucklejoe5000 Send a message via Yahoo to Knucklejoe5000
Question Dues Ex Machina

Meaning god of/from the machine, refers to when a story reaches a point when the realistic outcome is not what the author wants. The author then creates a character or event to alter the situation to the authors will. Have you seen bad casses of this? What do you think?
Old 2004-03-19, 18:32   Link #2
Knucklejoe5000
Longshot

Send a message via AIM to Knucklejoe5000 Send a message via Yahoo to Knucklejoe5000
When it occurs

Often when you see Deus ex machina occur you will find yourself saying wtf? You may like what has happened or not. When that iritating bad guy comes in and steals the good guys only hope of winning by "magicaly" getting through an intire army of gaurds. The author did this so the story line could progress as well as using a cheap lazy way of making the veiwer hate the bad guy more.
Old 2004-03-19, 18:57   Link #3
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Well I thought Deus Ex Machina refers to a sudden and unexpected solution for a insurmountable appearing problem/situation.
I saw such things in many anime in the last episodes. The studios have contracts that force them to publish a given number in episodes not more and not less... so there will often be shortened ends (but thats more acceptable than the strechted endings in my opinion).

Last edited by Jinto; 2004-03-20 at 08:32.
Closed Thread