AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: what do you think of gundam seed Destiny so far?
good 105 70.47%
bad 44 29.53%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-13, 22:22   Link #61
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 26
I've just noticed that its quite hard to have an intelligent discussion with a lot of seed fans, as all they usually have to say boils down to things like "Kira rulez!!!" or "Athruns SO HOT!!!!" or something like that.

The best Gundam discussions I've had are with UC fans. They are usually far more intelligent and are willing to look and discuss different viewpoints. I've also noticed the same thing you did winter45; that CE fans are, in the majority, younger teenagers, who are way to ignorant for their own good. UC fans tend to be of older generations, and not a bunch of snot nosed brats.
__________________
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:27   Link #62
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
well maybe you should all understand GSD besides in season 2 there was a lot from shinn, lacus times 2, gil's planning, attempt to whack lacus, etc like it was a big mystery.

besides also they need those GS flashbacks to remind the history of GS cause the past is important.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:27   Link #63
winter45
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Well, as far as I see, the only people who seem "unwilling to acknowledge anything" are those who just complain too much and seem to be leading "hate" campaigns against SEED - the series whose existence seems to bother them somehow. So hell, who behaves more childlishly - the one that seems keen on expressing his love to his favorite series, or the one that is keen on complaining? .
That is so untrue.. People can have the choice to dislike a show because they didnt enjoy it... And just because someone replies a negative response doesnt automaticly mean they are having an anti-seed campagne.

I know your not directing at me but in my case im kinda known for not liking seed/destiny but i give my reasons y. Some people agree with me and some people dont. But i wouldnt like to be labeld as anti-CE campagner coz i dislike the show and gave my reasons y...
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:30   Link #64
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
well maybe you should all understand GSD besides in season 2 there was a lot from shinn, lacus times 2, gil's planning, attempt to whack lacus, etc like it was a big mystery.

besides also they need those GS flashbacks to remind the history of GS cause the past is important.

I understand GSD, and I understand that it sucks. I hardly think it was a big mystery. The only mystery is how they could possibly write something so bad.

And the flashbacks were just pointless. 90% of the time they were completely irrelevant to what was going on.

And I'm not a anti-ce person myself. In fact, I happen to LOVE the Astray side stories.
__________________
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:38   Link #65
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Hmm, mature SEED fans here, anyone? Let's show that we are not just a bunch of silly brats

I give up on further discussion on who is bitchin' more who's not as it seems to take the uneccessary direction of poiting fingers to people we often don't know or people we met but it is still irrelevant to the opponent participants of this discussion.

To cut it short, seems we all SEED fans are just a bunch of idiots to you and nothing can convince otherwise

All I have to say in defense of the series that it may indeed be addressed to younger audience. But as I look at your profile Spitfire I was exactly your age when I learned to love the series. I won't say that some series are worse or bad. I'd just say that I'm not interested in them. To me, the best I've seen so far is the Zeta from UC (it's the new remastered movies), Gundam 00 and SEED. And I'm not telling that all UC or Gundam 00o fans are retards, because I'm one of them. I'm just annoyed how often SEED fans, to which I also belong are looked down at. Calling them "stupid" is just unnecessary and may ofend people who just don't deserve this. They just want to enjoy the show without it being flurred by hate by some people who believe themselves to be smarter than some imaginary group of teen Gundam drama-lovers.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:48   Link #66
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
That is so untrue.. People can have the choice to dislike a show because they didnt enjoy it... And just because someone replies a negative response doesnt automaticly mean they are having an anti-seed campagne.

I know your not directing at me but in my case im kinda known for not liking seed/destiny but i give my reasons y. Some people agree with me and some people dont. But i wouldnt like to be labeld as anti-CE campagner coz i dislike the show and gave my reasons y...
I see your point. And agree with it wholeheartedly. It just shows that I was indeed not writing about you. And as I could not specify other such people beside Spitfire, I intend to give up on this argument. The reasons being mentioned in my last post before this one.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 23:57   Link #67
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka
Hmm, mature SEED fans here, anyone?
I'm not really a Gundam fan, but I've watched just about all of the animated Gundam works out there, and I prefer Seed and Destiny to just about all the UC TV shows. I'm not sure what that proves though - everyone has different tastes, so some variation is only to be expected. Disliking a particular show because one doesn't like the artwork is as legitimate as liking a particular one because of its writing or direction. On the other hand, deriding a particular group for their taste in entertainment seems sort of silly.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 00:20   Link #68
Cherudim Arche
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I actually started from transformers, then I got interested in Gundam Wing, which in term lead me to see Gundam Seed and Destiny. I would still take G gundam or Gundam Wing over GSD.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 00:58   Link #69
winter45
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm not really a Gundam fan, but I've watched just about all of the animated Gundam works out there, and I prefer Seed and Destiny to just about all the UC TV shows. I'm not sure what that proves though - everyone has different tastes, so some variation is only to be expected. Disliking a particular show because one doesn't like the artwork is as legitimate as liking a particular one because of its writing or direction. On the other hand, deriding a particular group for their taste in entertainment seems sort of silly.
It may be legitamate to dislike the artwork but most people do find it a weak argument as to y they didnt like a show. In most arguments people who complain about disliking to animation quality are normally ignored and thier opinions are not taken seriously.

TBH honest i thought seed and destiny character design is pretty lame for year 2000+ standards.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 01:04   Link #70
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
It may be legitamate to dislike the artwork but most people do find it a weak argument as to y they didnt like a show.
But why would it be a bad reason for disliking a show?
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 01:37   Link #71
winter45
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
But why would it be a bad reason for disliking a show?
4Tran i dont have the englsih writing skills to answer your question in detail. But I know a saying. A saying that we have all heard at least once in our lifetime.




Dont judge a book by its cover!!!!!




Im sure your intelligent enough to comprehand this meaning
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 03:17   Link #72
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
the definition of enjoy: to experience with joy; take pleasure in; to find or experience pleasure for

isnt that reason enough when i mention the word enjoy, but if you like to elaborate yourself when you post then i wont stop you but dont get all worked up when others dont
Well of course you say you enjoy it, no more questions asked. But people are going to ask you what made you enjoyed the series. It's not simply saying "I enjoy eating bananas because I like bananas". People could say they like eating bananas because they taste good with peanut butter spread on it or they enjoy bananas because it goes well with oatmeal, etc. It's also like, "I enjoy watching SEED because the show made me realize kids have their own fears in a war, and that they could also do something about it if they are determined enough". That's a reason for liking SEED.

Quote:
i would like to point out that by merely saying the word enjoy, means one is taking pleasure in watching the show, that should be self explanatory, providing any more reasons show be at the discretion of the person posting on the thread, complaining that you are not getting enough information is somewhat demanding.....
It's not really demanding. It's like, when you do ask a SEED hater why they hate SEED and give comments like "I just hate it", it would make you annoyed too. This may be a forum, but it's peopled with people whom you could talk to like ordinary people in a classroom or in the street; they would expect respect, explanations, etc. It's no reason to disregard a forum just as a forum filled with fans.

Quote:
and the original reason i posted on this thread is because some of the charateristic is missing from GS, despite the fact that i'm a supporter of GSD.......... i didnt make a post to write about all the goodness of the show but simply what i found angry about how the characters are responding to the new enviroment, and that completely has nothing to do with me liking the show or not....
It could, or could not. There are comments like they didn't like the show because of the mecha designs, a ripoff of older UC shows, etc. and yes, that's enough reason why some fans rip out each others' throats because of it. The CE UC wars were very crazy when Destiny was still airing on this forum...O.o;;

Quote:
btw giving off complaints of the characters is one way people connect with the show, even negative feed backs is way of showing how much one cares for the show......i dont believe i need to give positive feed back to show i support GSD or any other story
Yes, it does. For fans who have not yet watched the series, they need good feedback in order to know if it's worth checking out.

Quote:
the post i made was to expose some of imperfectness of a show i enjoy watching

and here is my orignal post incase you dont know what i am talking about:
Well and good. But if someone would ask you why you think so and so, such and such, as there are rabid fans of some characters lurking in this thread, then be prepared to answer them.
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 04:32   Link #73
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Dont judge a book by its cover!!!!!
The problem is that the quality of the artwork isn't really the "cover"; it's part of the content of a show. If we were to use your book metaphor, it'd be equivalent to the quality of the prose. Besides, I'm sure that at one point or another, we've all disliked certain shows on the basis of not liking the art therein.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 04:39   Link #74
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I can certainly give one big problem for judging original Gundam by its animation quality:

1979, anybody?

What does one expect to see from a 1979 anime in terms of animation quality? CG? Kyoto Animation? Not likely. That's why the "the animation is bad" complaint for original Gundam fails. "Bad/dated animation"? Yeah, you're going to see that in a 28-year-old anime.

As for CE fans in general, I certainly agree that they have rather immature mentalities and tend to degenerate CE discussions into "UC IS 4 LOSERS!!!" and "KIRA ROX!!!" comments. Just look at D-KLAC.

There are certainly exceptions though, such as 4Tran and Obi-Wan to name a few.

.....................all right, I'll give a bit of credit to Demongod86 too.

But the majority of CE fans I see on the Internet are pretty much just rabid fanboys who lash out at anybody who likes any Gundam besides CE.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 04:58   Link #75
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
What does one expect to see from a 1979 anime in terms of animation quality? CG? Kyoto Animation? Not likely. That's why the "the animation is bad" complaint for original Gundam fails. "Bad/dated animation"? Yeah, you're going to see that in a 28-year-old anime.
But why should most people care about how old it is? If they think it looks bad, then it looks bad; and there's nothing particularly wrong with that. And to be honest, how many people go around looking for 20+ year old shows to watch? I'm sure that there'll be a few who do, but most won't. (Admittedly, availability is a big problem)
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 05:08   Link #76
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
But why should most people care about how old it is? If they think it looks bad, then it looks bad; and there's nothing particularly wrong with that. And to be honest, how many people go around looking for 20+ year old shows to watch? I'm sure that there'll be a few who do, but most won't. (Admittedly, availability is a big problem)
Erm, I just said why. People should care how old it is because it's ridculous to say a 28-year-old anime has bad animation when they couldn't really do any better back in the day. They worked with what they had, nobody could or can do a thing about it. The original Star Wars Episode IV certainly didn't use the most stunning visuals, but back then it was good stuff.

It's an even bigger problem because a lot of CE fans say "original Gundam's animation sucks compared to GSEED and GSD's", or at least in my experience they do. I think we can agree that comparing the animation quality of a 28-year-old series to anything modern simply doesn't work. It's like expecting a mechanic to build a top-of-the-line Honda out of 30-year-old parts.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 05:09   Link #77
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Now I'm a CE fan. But I came into Gundam through Wing. I've seen the original series and X as well. Still need to get hold of the rest to watch them, but it's not from lack of wanting to watch them as I do want to watch them. Now I do see Seed as better than the original series as I find the original series absolutely cliche ridden. But for a series at it's time it probably wasn't like that. Now Seed is also cliche ridden, but not as badly. I still enjoyed MSG, and the animation doesn't bother me. It's the story that matters to me when it comes down to the series.

I think CE's biggest problem is the age of the majority of the fans. They're used to good quality animation and see anything with dated animation as being bad and aren't willing to give it a try. They've been spoilt by the time they've grown up in.

CE fans and haters have really given the universe a bad name with their extreme love/hate of the series. Which is probably why when Seed comes up it causes so many problems.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 05:20   Link #78
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Now I do see Seed as better than the original series as I find the original series absolutely cliche ridden. But for a series at it's time it probably wasn't like that.
That's another one of those points that really needs to be judged based on the age of the series. Of course original MSG will look-cliche ridden. There's been almost 30 years worth of anime since it aired. There's been at least a dozen masked men in Gundam alone, and plenty of young angsty teens, and plenty of character-killer shows. But back when original MSG was made, it wasn't cliched. It makes no sense to say a show is a cliche of shows that came after it.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 05:22   Link #79
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Erm, I just said why. People should care how old it is because it's ridculous to say a 28-year-old anime has bad animation when they couldn't really do any better back in the day. They worked with what they had, nobody could or can do a thing about it.
But how's that supposed to be a mitigating factor?
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 05:24   Link #80
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
That's another one of those points that really needs to be judged based on the age of the series. Of course original MSG will look-cliche ridden. There's been almost 30 years worth of anime since it aired. There's been at least a dozen masked men in Gundam alone, and plenty of young angsty teens, and plenty of character-killer shows. But back when original MSG was made, it wasn't cliched. It makes no sense to say a show is a cliche of shows that came after it.
The problem with saying that is you can't help but judge it compared to what you've seen since. So it's pointless to say that. Which is why when I watched it I tried not to judge the series for it's cliche parts but what it was for the time it was made, which is a good series. But unfortunately most people won't see it that way these days.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.