AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2008-01-17, 08:29   Link #1
coroloro

Moyashimon Eps 7+8 Broken link issue

I have NO problem downloading and activating torrents on this site normally. I've done it for years now. However, with this series Moyashimon there has been one other time when this has happened. Now, with episodes 7 and 8 created by SEES when I click on the link to download the torrent, instead of giving me the option to "save" a file as with all other torrents, IE pulls up a page full of ASCII characters. Episodes 9-11, put up by another fansubber, work just fine.

Is this me? Is this a broken link, is this a problem with the torrent put up by the fansubbers? If it isn't me, how can I properly try to encourage it to be fixed? If it is me and not the torrent- why JUST these torrents? Is anyone else having this problem too?

-Pat
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 09:12   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Some people may have problems with these particular downloads. Clicking on the torrent link gives a page of jumbled ASCII text.

Seems to be the same problem as outlined in this thread HS Girls-Wacky character jumbles appearing..
to which DWKnight replied with this
Quote:
http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/61.html <-- this step got missed.
It is possible to get it to work (I've tried it and can download the ep).

Right click on the Moyashimon 7 torrent link and select "Save Target as..." from the drop down menu and save the file on your hard disc. BUT, before you save the file rename it...

from
[SEES]Moyashimon_07_09HA10.avi.avi
to
[SEES]Moyashimon_07_09HA10.avi.torrent

You can do ths before you save the file on your disc. Or you can just save the file and then rename it.

Important note:
Make sure you can see the FULL filename, you need to perform an extra action if it appears the file is called this
[SEES]Moyashimon_07_09HA10.avi
(the above file has only a single .avi extension, not the full .avi.avi extension).

If you can see the full filename, then this paragraph can be skipped.
If you can't see the full filename, then set the following option in for Windows Explorer.
Tools > Folder Options... > View > Advanced settings: > Hide extensions for known file types
MAKE SURE THIS OPTION IS UNTICKED. You should now be able to see the full file name (with the correct extension).

Rename it so it is now called

Double click on this file and the torrent will start to download.

Just to repeat
Incorrect
[SEES]Moyashimon_07_09HA10.avi.avi
Correct

Same applies to episode 8.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 12:11   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Another, perhaps easier, solution is to have the BT client download the torrent file directly. Most clients have an Open URL option. So, right-click the link on the AS home page, choose Copy, then choose the Open URL selection in your BT client and paste in the link. (Some clients like Azureus automatically paste the link for you.) This worked for me with the Moyashimon torrents.
Old 2008-01-18, 08:34   Link #4
coroloro

The first method seemed the easiest for me (easy as long as you know to do it, at least!), and I did it successfully! Both ideas are great and deeply appreciated. I'm now in-process of downloading the 'last two' eps I have to get. It's frustrating to have the last three or so episodes of the series but not want to watch em since you haven't downloaded the two prior ones. Hah!

I really appreciate your thorough, and prompt, help! You guys are great.

-Pat
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote