AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-20, 02:52   Link #1
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Makasete Iruka / Grrl Power

Interesting news from Anime on DVD today--there's a new Akitaroh Daichi OVA (or maybe it'll air on TV in Japan, not sure) coming out that ADV has licensed and will release the R1 DVD before it airs in Japan. I wonder what the story is behind it--maybe ADV put up most of the $$ so they get to release it here first, but this is the first time I've seen this happen...wonder if this will happen more in the future, I'd be happy with simultaneous releases in R1 and R2, but getting anime earlier in R1 is even better

I think I'll pass on this series though, I like most of Daichi's stuff, but I should save my money for Animation Runner Kuromi 2 and the second Jubei-chan series...

If you're curious, here's the website (hate the US name for it, though):
http://www.advfilms.com/titles/grrlpower/index.php
Old 2004-03-20, 12:55   Link #2
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
Interesting news from Anime on DVD today--there's a new Akitaroh Daichi OVA (or maybe it'll air on TV in Japan, not sure) coming out that ADV has licensed and will release the R1 DVD before it airs in Japan. I wonder what the story is behind it--maybe ADV put up most of the $$ so they get to release it here first, but this is the first time I've seen this happen...wonder if this will happen more in the future, I'd be happy with simultaneous releases in R1 and R2, but getting anime earlier in R1 is even better

I think I'll pass on this series though, I like most of Daichi's stuff, but I should save my money for Animation Runner Kuromi 2 and the second Jubei-chan series...

If you're curious, here's the website (hate the US name for it, though):
http://www.advfilms.com/titles/grrlpower/index.php
I wonder if the name change so that the japanese's fan wouldn't know about it being release in the US.The fact still remain that US dvd is alot cheaper than the japan dvd.I wish that can think of some name better though.
Old 2004-03-20, 13:40   Link #3
jennwenn

Er, "Grrl Power"? I'll stick with Makasete Iruka as a title because I have no idea what it means and it doesn't sound as stupid. Still, its Akitaroh Daichi! Must be entertaining...
Closed Thread