AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-20, 06:28   Link #1
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kyuchen Send a message via AIM to Kyuchen Send a message via MSN to Kyuchen
Question FFshow and VirtualDub

I've been on a constant struggle for a long time now, and i think it's finally time for me to get some help.

Like those misguided f00ls, i used to do K++ codec packs for all my codecs need, for watching anime and also do a little editing of my own; but lately i've switched to the FFshow upon a friendly recommendation, and i must said, since the xvid codec has been quite popular amongs the fansubbing groups, using FFshow definitely improve the view quality of those xvid coded avi files (oh god, finally, no color distoration....)

My problem is this, after i switched to the FFshow, i'm not allowed to edit those xvid coded episodes with my VirtualDub anymore (and let me say it's quite a shame, since over 90% of the anime i have currently are xvid coded...), and I received a error that seems to tell me xvid codec is not found on my computer when i make attempts....

All you guys that are pro at this, shed a bit insight into what might be going on inside that tiny blue box of mine that i don't know about? Thanks for all the advices in advance

…You’re not…
…It’s just the voice talking…”
Old 2004-03-20, 09:24   Link #2
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

FFDSHOW is a DECODER...it allows PLAYBACK of files
you need ENCODERS for EDITING it in VIRTUALDUB

What you need:
http://www.damaralbt.brturbo.com/cen...iD_Install.exe

Use that, ffdshow will still decode your video but you need this for editing xvid.

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
Old 2004-03-20, 13:51   Link #3
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kyuchen Send a message via AIM to Kyuchen Send a message via MSN to Kyuchen
Much Appreciated

Ahh.. this is exactly what i was looking for... just don't know where to find it... thanks a bundle!!

…You’re not…
…It’s just the voice talking…”
Closed Thread