AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ - episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 10 14.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 14.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 22.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 19.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-14, 00:16   Link #81
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
After watching this episode i'm still kind of confused : whether the animation was bad or Taka didn't really like Haruka and was just pretending cuz it was really strange in my eyes how easy he is doing everything,i know that they were together before and that there is nothing to shy about,but to me it seemed strange,and when Haruka said its time to say Goodbye and the door closed,the expression on his face really surprised me,the only thing that i could understand from his expression that he was surprised that she did that,but he didn't really care...,well that is my opinion but ofcourse i may be wrong.
That's simply a perfect example of an "um, what just happened" dumbfounded look. Basically it was a sudden shock that Takayuki definitely wasn't expecting, especially from Haruka.

Quote:
About the whole ep.
I didn't like the way they kicked Mitsuki out,i'm sure they could've done it some other way,and it was really difficult for me to watch him trying to kiss her and stuff while Mitsuki is gone.In this episode taka has become a total looser for me(well its the producers' fault ),cuz he was just standing still and crying when he heared about Mitsuki,if she stood on the roof he could easily get her back.
It's the first episode, it's supposed to set a stage to the premise of the entire show...in other words, it is meant to solely direct attention to Takayuki and Haruka and the relationship they have together. It's the entire conversation that they have about Mitsuki that causes Takayuki to break down, seeing as how much Mitsuki helped him and his deep feeling of abandoning and/or taking advantage of such kindness.

It would be akin to saying that Takayuki felt as if he used Mitsuki knowing how she feels about him.

Quote:
So what i'm actually saying is that this OVA's sotry sucks,could be better(And yes i know that its just an addition,cuz the original ending was with Mitsuki.)
I don't see the suck about it...the OVA's story is not the same as the series's story. These are two totally different universes in terms of the overall story...the only similarity is simply to the point leading up to the accident and Haruka's waking up. This is not a different ending, it's basically a completely new story.
__________________
DarkCntry is offline  
Old 2008-01-14, 01:13   Link #82
Tabris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
So what i'm actually saying is that this OVA's sotry sucks,could be better(And yes i know that its just an addition,cuz the original ending was with Mitsuki.)
Wouldn't it make more sense to criticise the story after the entire series has aired, or at least after a few episodes?
Tabris is offline  
Old 2008-01-15, 11:23   Link #83
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
It's the first episode, it's supposed to set a stage to the premise of the entire show...in other words, it is meant to solely direct attention to Takayuki and Haruka and the relationship they have together. It's the entire conversation that they have about Mitsuki that causes Takayuki to break down, seeing as how much Mitsuki helped him and his deep feeling of abandoning and/or taking advantage of such kindness.
I know,but i don't like the way they did that,if as you said its a different universe,i'm sure they could do it differently,thats my opinion,i didn't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
I don't see the suck about it...the OVA's story is not the same as the series's story. These are two totally different universes in terms of the overall story...the only similarity is simply to the point leading up to the accident and Haruka's waking up. This is not a different ending, it's basically a completely new story.
I know that,but that's how i see it,i didn't like it.(Maybe you didn't like my replies,but as i understand you liked the beginning so writing what's good/bad about the episode will lead us nowhere,cuz in the end you'll stick to your opinion and i'll stick to mine )

And to the comment above mine,i was actually talking about the beginning of the story,this topic is about the 1st episode after all.
noktown is offline  
Old 2008-01-15, 18:43   Link #84
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I know,but i don't like the way they did that,if as you said its a different universe,i'm sure they could do it differently,thats my opinion,i didn't like it.



I know that,but that's how i see it,i didn't like it.(Maybe you didn't like my replies,but as i understand you liked the beginning so writing what's good/bad about the episode will lead us nowhere,cuz in the end you'll stick to your opinion and i'll stick to mine )

And to the comment above mine,i was actually talking about the beginning of the story,this topic is about the 1st episode after all.
The point is simple, when you make broad over generalizations such as "it sucks", you need to have reasoning behind it other than "my opinion" if you want people to take you the least bit seriously.

I don't expect you to change your opinion of something, just explain it past the point of where it becomes more than just a commonly misplaced phrase and actually explains the reasoning why you feel it sucks. As it stands, you are basing the entire OVA that it sucks because it is alternate to the original story...that isn't exactly a good way to go about things, especially if it appears you aren't grasping to concept of this OVA.
__________________
DarkCntry is offline  
Old 2008-01-16, 01:16   Link #85
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
The point is simple, when you make broad over generalizations such as "it sucks", you need to have reasoning behind it other than "my opinion" if you want people to take you the least bit seriously.

I don't expect you to change your opinion of something, just explain it past the point of where it becomes more than just a commonly misplaced phrase and actually explains the reasoning why you feel it sucks. As it stands, you are basing the entire OVA that it sucks because it is alternate to the original story...that isn't exactly a good way to go about things, especially if it appears you aren't grasping to concept of this OVA.
I've explained enough that is again in MY OPINION prooves that it sux,this topic is to discuss the 1st episode. Ive stated my opinion,i don't really care if ppl take me seriously or not,because as i've said spamming pages prooving something is useless here,because i'm sure in the end you will reply with a comment that will make no sense to ME like your previous replies.

Example :" That's simply a perfect example of an "um, what just happened" dumbfounded look. Basically it was a sudden shock that Takayuki definitely wasn't expecting, especially from Haruka"

You've seen it that way,i see it differently,so lets spam now 15 pages that he was surprised or he didn't really care ?

Besides my post was not meant to change ppl's minds about the show.I simply said that the conclusion that i made in the begining(meaning the 1st episode) that it sucked,and actually i've even stated the reasons to why it sux,if you thought that by posting facts that is in YOUR OPINION are correct should change my mind you are wrong,and if you think that for every post you make i have to come up with another proof/fact you are wrong again.

Last edited by noktown; 2008-01-16 at 01:27.
noktown is offline  
Old 2008-01-16, 01:56   Link #86
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Besides my post was not meant to change ppl's minds about the show.I simply said that the conclusion that i made in the begining(meaning the 1st episode) that it sucked,and actually i've even stated the reasons to why it sux,if you thought that by posting facts that is in YOUR OPINION are correct should change my mind you are wrong,and if you think that for every post you make i have to come up with another proof/fact you are wrong again.
Okay, but this is a discussion forum not a rant/venting board. So the whole point in posting here would be to start a conversation and, you know, discuss. Nobody cares that you think it sucks -- why should they? They may, however, be interested in why you think it sucks, and on that front they may have a different opinion. That's the whole point. You can have whatever opinion you want, but not all opinions are equally logical or justified. Opinions can be meritless, and can be based on things that can be proven wrong. This is just one of the reasons why we have these conversations.

In any event, since you're so very much against getting into a discussion about the merits or demerits of your opinion, the conversation is pretty much over.
relentlessflame is offline  
Old 2008-01-16, 02:09   Link #87
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Okay, but this is a discussion forum not a rant/venting board. So the whole point in posting here would be to start a conversation and, you know, discuss. Nobody cares that you think it sucks -- why should they? They may, however, be interested in why you think it sucks, and on that front they may have a different opinion. That's the whole point. You can have whatever opinion you want, but not all opinions are equally logical or justified. Opinions can be meritless, and can be based on things that can be proven wrong. This is just one of the reasons why we have these conversations.

In any event, since you're so very much against getting into a discussion about the merits or demerits of your opinion, the conversation is pretty much over.
You seem to have missed my point either,i've explained why i think it sux,but he/she doesn't so he/she posted replies to my quotes,and by that he/she thinks is enough for me to go on and keep posting stuff.Meaning He/She likes the 1st episode and i don't lemme give you a proper example

You are going shopping with your friends,you like something,you want to buy it,while your friend doesn't like it and likes something you don't,would you buy something you don't like because your friend says he likes it and tells you what's good about the thing he chose and what is bad about the thing you want to buy,would you just give up and buy the thing he wants ?
That is the reason i don't want this topic to turn into a flame war(thats how topics like that end up),He/She(i'm really sorry that i use he/she but i can't tell your gender)likes it,i don't and i've EXPLAINED why i don't like it.

If you don't have time to read my post fully(the explanation to why it sux,i can even highlight the parts that explain it).Because in the end it'd be just posting the same thing again and again,just in other words.

And 1 of the reasons why i don't want to get into flame wars(discussions ws/e),is simply because i don't have much time right now.
noktown is offline  
Old 2008-01-16, 02:31   Link #88
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
You seem to have missed my point either,i've explained why i think it sux,but he/she doesn't so he/she posted replies to my quotes,and by that he/she thinks is enough for me to go on and keep posting stuff.Meaning He/She likes the 1st episode and i don't lemme give you a proper example
I just want further insight into why you felt it sucked outside of "it's my opinion". The reason you stated was, in my understanding, was one that was without merit because I felt as if you didn't understand the premise of the OVA.

Quote:
You are going shopping with your friends,you like something,you want to buy it,while your friend doesn't like it and likes something you don't,would you buy something you don't like because your friend says he likes it and tells you what's good about the thing he chose and what is bad about the thing you want to buy,would you just give up and buy the thing he wants ?
I don't see where this analogy holds any water to what relentless and I are talking about. What we're talking about is discussing the merits of opinions between other users and insights into their feelings.

The better analogy would be going into a store to find something to buy, finding something you liked and having your friend tell you that your choice sucks for something completely unrelated to the item you're wanting to buy.

Quote:
That is the reason i don't want this topic to turn into a flame war(thats how topics like that end up),He/She(i'm really sorry that i use he/she but i can't tell your gender)likes it,i don't and i've EXPLAINED why i don't like it.
I'm male.

And there's little chance this will turn into a flame war simply because the regulars here are pretty mature and old enough to know how to not get into them.

The problem with your reasoning behind why you feel it sucks is because it would appear you don't grasp the intention of the OVA and are going into the show with misconceptions as to what the purpose is.
__________________
DarkCntry is offline  
Old 2008-01-21, 22:11   Link #89
Azncoke123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
theres no ep 2?
Azncoke123 is offline  
Old 2008-01-22, 00:38   Link #90
Tabris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 26
April I believe.
Tabris is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 23:51   Link #91
The Aussie
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 30
I think you'll find ep 2 comes out in March

Ep 3 is out in April
The Aussie is offline  
Old 2008-01-28, 04:09   Link #92
Noir_
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
For a haruka alternative ending I think the show was good, but I removed credit for only showing mitsuki once. that ain't kewl.
Noir_ is offline  
Old 2008-02-07, 19:06   Link #93
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 34
Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk Send a message via Skype™ to Garylisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
Spoiler:
As if it hasn't been said enough, this is not a sequel to the "original series", it's a sequel to the "original game" - which is the true original story. And that's the target audience.

Your displeasure is noted.

Moving on, I enjoyed seeing things from another possibility. I am having flashbacks of all the Tenchi Muyo continuities and how they were all different. I am, personally, a huge fan of alternate continuities. I also loved the first anime, and coincidentally, I just watched it again, this time dubbed. (And I have to say I am very pleased with the dub. It was very well done for the most part. Especially Ayu and Mayu! :P )

Anyway, I look forward to seeing where this OVA will take us.

BTW, According to Newtype USA, this is going to be 4 episodes. (I noticed that was not stated on the Animesuki series page for this)
__________________
-+-[Garylisk | Busybody of FoT | http://www.fotsubs.net/]-+-
Garylisk is offline  
Old 2010-07-22, 19:15   Link #94
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
As someone who would have much preferred it if Takayuki had ended up with Haruka, it is very nice to watch a version of Kimi ga Nozumu Eien unfold in a way closer to how I, personally, felt that it should. In my opinion, Haruka is a much better match for Takayuki than Mitsuki is.


That being said, I would have preferred it if this OVA had a clear divergence point based in the original season. In other words, if it had begun by taking a scene very late in the original season, and simply branched off of that with Takayuki making a different choice romantically than what he did in the original season. The lack of such a clear divergence point makes this less satisfying, and feel less like an equally legitimate alternate ending, than what it could have been.
__________________

Last edited by Triple_R; 2010-07-22 at 19:41.
Triple_R is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.