AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-23, 06:42   Link #501
JediNight
キズランダム

LOL that's funny. I wonder if there's an "easter egg" like that in every episode?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 08:03   Link #502
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Wow, talk about waiting for 2 years for the main part to come out....
Old 2008-01-23, 08:19   Link #503
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviLDoGi View Post
Anybody else notice this? Between 17:25 and 17:26 of True Tears episode 1, Hiromi's outfit subtly fades out and reveals a bit of her body and her panties.
Good eye for detail you have .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Wow, talk about waiting for 2 years for the main part to come out....
Yeah it is taking ages to get started but as ive said before its trying to bring a lot of elements into play so just wait a few more episodes then it will start getting interesting.
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 08:50   Link #504
JediNight
キズランダム

And apparently she's not wearing a bra, because you see her panties, but I don't see a bra ... looks more like the typical "censored" nipple-less boobs you see in anime.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 09:41   Link #505
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
And apparently she's not wearing a bra, because you see her panties, but I don't see a bra ... looks more like the typical "censored" nipple-less boobs you see in anime.
that was Shin remembering how he saw her in that bathroom! he saw her without bra and wearing panties so that is what he remembers.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 09:44   Link #506
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
I know it's not likely (in fact, I know it's impossible), but imagine if Aiko ends up with Noe's brother in the end.
The two probably won't even meet each other, let alone start a realtionship.
Old 2008-01-23, 09:54   Link #507
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Anybody else notice this? Between 17:25 and 17:26 of True Tears episode 1, Hiromi's outfit subtly fades out and reveals a bit of her body and her panties.
wow, i really can't see it if you didnt said. Good eyes.

opening song are out, full version was nice
Old 2008-01-23, 10:50   Link #508
skaarji

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaarji View Post
Hi!
I just watched episode 1 of true tears and it was quite good!
I downloaded the Ai-Doremi version and the BakaWolf-m.3.3.w version...
A lot of phrases are totally different, so which one is the best?
starting from the title ("I gave away my tears" or "My tears, I wanted to give them to you"?),
min 12.04 "that smile made me anxious" or the opposite "I loved her smile" ???
and so on..
Thanks for the help
can anyone answer please or are u all watching it raw? XD
thaaaaaanks
skaarji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 10:56   Link #509
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

of course i watch it raw first but there are still some phrases that i dont understand.

there are different ways to translate certain phrases/words in japanese so subbers may vary in their translations
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 12:53   Link #510
mandarb916

Quote:
thaaaaaanks
I would go with whichever one translated the ep1 title as "I...gave away my tears", which I'm guessing is the Ai-Doremi version. From what a couple of people have told me, as well as what's been posted I think on this thread, it appears (anecdotal evidence) that the bakawolf versions are riddled with misinterpretations and mistakes at a rudimentary level.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 13:19   Link #511
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
So... is there an images thread, or could someone just post a capture of the image here...

For education purposes of course... cough...
Old 2008-01-23, 13:21   Link #512
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
LOL that's funny. I wonder if there's an "easter egg" like that in every episode?
You mean "raigomaru egg" XD

Now I wonder why they did that - it can't be an accident XD

Will be keeping a look out next time :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 13:56   Link #513
Ultenth

As somewhat stated before (and was actually stated several pages ago after the episode first aired) that scene was not without purpose and it wasn't an easter egg. It was to signify Shin's state of mind of the next time he saw her, in that he was undressing her with his eyes because of the previous event of seeing her in the bathroom. Calm down already.

Last edited by Ultenth; 2008-01-23 at 14:21.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 14:17   Link #514
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Then my response is...
Spoiler:

+1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 16:23   Link #515
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Nice. Nice.

I guess I have to keep my eyes even more focused when I watch true tears from now on. Nice catch.
Old 2008-01-23, 20:44   Link #516
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Hi!
I just watched episode 1 of true tears and it was quite good!
I downloaded the Ai-Doremi version and the BakaWolf-m.3.3.w version...
A lot of phrases are totally different, so which one is the best?
starting from the title ("I gave away my tears" or "My tears, I wanted to give them to you"?),
min 12.04 "that smile made me anxious" or the opposite "I loved her smile" ???
and so on..
Thanks for the help
thaaaaaanks
I watch it raw, then subbed in Chinese, then subbed in English. For ep1, I have four English subs: BakaWolf-m.3.3.w., Ai-Doremi, Moetaku, and Rozen-Niceboat. To tell the truth, I wasn't totally satisfied with any of them, but I settled on BakaWolf, since it was first and seemed at least as correct and smooth as any of the others.

I was very surprised to find in the Ai-Doremi version translation decisions that I (with my highly imperfect Japanese) thought were actual errors. Such as the episode title "watashi...namida, agechatta kara," which they translated as "My tears, I wanted to give them to you," which was even different from when the phrase is spoken, at 22:07, which they translated "I gave up my tears" (that seemed a good translation to me).

And your other example ("sono egao ga ki ni natta...") I think in context means something like, "I had come to love her smiling face," so the BakaWolf translation is better ("I loved her smile') than Ai's "That smile made me anxious." "Ki ni natta" can mean worry about or be interested in, but I think it can also mean "fall for," "like a lot," which makes more sense in the context of the words around it. Rozen's "her smile interested me" is a literal translation that doesn't give the full meaning. Moetaku translated it like Ai did.

It's things like that that made me settle on BakaWolf, even though there were things I didn't like so much, like Noe saying "I was saddened" near the end, which was literally correct, but not very smooth in English. I like the sharpness and brightness of BakaWolf's video, too.

I've put some detail in here because I'm nowhere near the world expert on this, so other people might have better ideas. Hope it helps.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-01-23 at 21:15.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 22:19   Link #517
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Tried out the opening single by eufonius fresh from Japan. Good to hear the full version of Reflectia, but what strikes me is that it comes with this absolutely gorgeous cover:

The second music is slow J-rock style, not bad. That does it, this is on my "to buy" queue (I usually wind up buying eufonious CDs anyway though)
Old 2008-01-23, 22:31   Link #518
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I watch it raw, then subbed in Chinese, then subbed in English. For ep1, I have four English subs: BakaWolf-m.3.3.w., Ai-Doremi, Moetaku, and Rozen-Niceboat. To tell the truth, I wasn't totally satisfied with any of them, but I settled on BakaWolf, since it was first and seemed at least as correct and smooth as any of the others.
I concur. It is somewhat strange that the fastest group tends to have some of the best accuracy with this show, but props to them.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 22:53   Link #519
Tsukiyoshi
Temporal terrene totality

Send a message via MSN to Tsukiyoshi Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
So... is there an images thread, or could someone just post a capture of the image here...

For education purposes of course... cough...
Spoiler for here ya go:
Tsukiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 04:11   Link #520
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
just watched episode one and havent read the whole thread yet, was hoping for this to be a comedic slice of life, no a romance anime, (i know with a title like that i should have known better but well).
how many people are betting that Hiromi is the result of an affair between main's guy father and his collegue/wife's collegue that would explain the coldness from the mother. haaaa i cant wait for the but : "we are blood-related we cant do that *moan* hoooo ni-san!!!!"
graphic quality of this show is pretty good, i dont really like romance anime but the eye candy factor might push me to watch it, i hope it wont turn to be too much of a harem/love polygon

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life