AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-01-23, 20:19   Link #1
kokokiki

hardware error (please help)

i have a laptop and recently its been stopping at least once a day everything freeze and even the pointer and tonight it rebooted on its own and firefox opened a window page telling me that its a hardware error and something else the charger position is slightly broken but it works and i noticed that this happens at certain positions and the only way for the computer to unfreeze is to remove the battary

i recently had an external hard drive crash and i dont want this hard to do the same so what should i do and should i transfer all the data before its too late
kokokiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 20:50   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

First, calm down. When posting, please try to use proper punctuation - it's a bit hard to follow what you're saying when you write it all as one huge stream of consciousness.

If you can, it's always a good idea to back up your data (especially important documents). If your computer is acting up and you weren't making backups before, now would be a very good time to do it.

I presume you're running Windows XP. You mentioned that your charger port is slightly broken - it works, but having the computer at a certain position causes the freeze. Is that correct? If so, the issue is probably a hardware-based, and you may need to contact your laptop manufacturer for repairs. How old is your computer? When did this problem start occurring? When did the damage to your laptop take place? When FireFox mentioned that there was a hardware problem, what did it say, exactly?

To rule out the possibility of this being a software issue, do you have a firewall and anti-virus software? Do you keep your anti-virus software up to date? Please run a scan and let us know what you find. Do you have anti-spyware software? If so, run a scan and let us know what you find. If not, I recommend downloading Ad-Aware of Spybot S&D and using those.

As an aside, is pulling out the battery really the only way to turn the computer off? Have you tried holding the power button for a few seconds and seeing if the computer turns off that way? If it won't turn off by holding the power button, then the problem is very likely hardware-based.
Old 2008-01-23, 21:01   Link #3
kokokiki

THIS IS the firefox message
Problem caused by computer hardware

This problem was caused by an unrecoverable hardware error that caused the operating system to stop functioning.

Troubleshooting

If you have received this error more than once, it could indicate a serious problem with your computer. We recommend that you do the following:

1. Back up your files to avoid data loss in case of a complete hardware failure.
2. Contact the original manufacturer of your computer to determine the specific component which is failing.
i did run an antivirus scan and there was nothing
and also pressing the power button for a few seconds worked
my computer is one year old
this thing started to happen a week ago
i should propably mention that i have alot of anime stored on it
Old 2008-01-23, 21:04   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

When was your computer damaged?

Also, anime does not count as important data. It can always be downloaded again. Back up things like your email, contact lists, text documents, digital pictures... and if you have spare space, start going for the rare/harder to get anime, music, and other media files.
Old 2008-01-23, 22:22   Link #5
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

The charger is broken? is it the actual charger ot yhe jack that's busted? Not to really stress you out here but if the charger is broken stop using it. Inside your laptop is delicate electronics. If your charger is supplying incorrect/ fluctuating voltages it has the potential to damage the microprocessors etc etc
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 22:31   Link #6
kokokiki

its the charger port the openind it self so when i put the charger in it it looks bend