AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-24, 18:45   Link #1001
UnDeaD
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash002 View Post
Jigoku Shoujo, Air, Kanon, Gurren-Lagann (Once I called this an awesome show... Sorry for the lie), Lucky Star, Zero no Tsukaima S2 and all shonens (Naruto, Bleach, DGray Man, 1 Piece)


Well, hello there, to think that people like you still exist... So happy
You got my respect sir.
You're probably a teenager trying to pass off as smart considering your enjoyment of exploitative garbage such as Code Geass or Higurashi... but tell me, how are Gurren-Lagann or One Piece(manga) even close to being bad?
UnDeaD is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 20:00   Link #1002
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash002 View Post
Jigoku Shoujo, Air, Kanon, Gurren-Lagann (Once I called this an awesome show... Sorry for the lie), Lucky Star, Zero no Tsukaima S2 and all shonens (Naruto, Bleach, DGray Man, 1 Piece)
UTTER BLASPHEMY.

There are others there I disagree with as well, but that is unacceptable.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 20:05   Link #1003
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
I would have to add B-daman, it's a "toy" anime best suited for 10 year olds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well everyone has their own appeals and it shouldn't be surprising that some shows that one may like and are considered good by many are disliked by another.


Heck, I hear all the time how good Naruto is but personally I can't stand the show.
I agree with what you said, people should respect other's opinions.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-01-24 at 20:35.
Liddo-kun is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 21:06   Link #1004
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
I agree with what you said, people should respect other's opinions.
The thing is, this isn't a "what anime don't you like?" thread. It's a "what anime do you find so absolutely vile that you should use the dvds they came on as frisbees?" thread. When you post an anime in here the implication is you think it's one of the worst ever made. Thus, fans get a bit more defensive about their favorite series than they would if the thread was titled differently.

The simple fact is, 99.9% of the anime listed in this thread don't really suck. Some of them just suffer from being average. Others from being a genre the person posting just doesn't like. Neither really makes them bad.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 21:49   Link #1005
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash002 View Post
Jigoku Shoujo, Air, Kanon, Gurren-Lagann (Once I called this an awesome show... Sorry for the lie), Lucky Star, Zero no Tsukaima S2 and all shonens (Naruto, Bleach, DGray Man, 1 Piece)
Zero no Tsukaima and Shounen, I can at least see why judging by your preference for more mature shows like you stated, but why these? Lucky Star and Gurren Lagann don't even take themselves seriously most of the time, just enjoy the show for what it is, instead of expecting depth and maturity. I don't understand why Air and Kanon are under "worst animes" at all. You may not like bittersweet dramas, but at least the execution is brilliant enough to not be named "worst" no matter how unpalatable you find the content.

Your reasoning?
__________________
tripperazn is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 21:57   Link #1006
tbl
Affably Evil
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hammerspace or Australia, I forget which
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
UTTER BLASPHEMY.

There are others there I disagree with as well, but that is unacceptable.
Quoted for truth.
__________________
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 22:07   Link #1007
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Perth, Australia.
Age: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
I would have to add B-daman, it's a "toy" anime best suited for 10 year olds.
It's bad because it's targeted at a younger audience? :P

So... Play School is a horrible, immature piece of programming?
__________________
Zenemis is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 22:22   Link #1008
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
LOL, I didn't know it was so easy to piss off people in this thread. Why did you all jump at Vash002? Sure, the titles he/she mentioned are more fir for an "overrated anime" thread but for the life of me I can't fathom why anyone should be bothered that some random guy doesn't like the same things as the majority of people on AS. That said, I am curious whether Vash002 will bother to state his reasons for branding all these series as the worst.
Quote:
You're probably a teenager trying to pass off as smart considering your enjoyment of exploitative garbage such as Code Geass or Higurashi...
Yes, we all know that having taste for "mature" anime is a real benchmark for coolness and being smart and that's why everyone pretends liking whatever is considered "deep". Or not? Plus, Code Geass and Higurashi are just a bit less mainstream than Naruto, it's not as if they are unknown gems that snobs can boast with.

Quote:
You may not like bittersweet dramas, but at least the execution is brilliant enough to not be named "worst" no matter how unpalatable you find the content.
What if it is so unpalatable that one has to stop watching before the third episode (as it happened to me with Kanon)? And I love bittersweet dramas, mind you.
__________________
'The world we live in is always in darkness.'
'Yes, and that is why we seek light.'

Matrim is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 22:28   Link #1009
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
What if it is so unpalatable that one has to stop watching before the third episode (as it happened to me with Kanon)? And I love bittersweet dramas, mind you.
I have to admit not liking Kanon in the beginning, even though I like bittersweet series, just like you. However, even if you hated it that much and dropped it there (your loss IMHO), you have to admit the amazing animation saves it from "worst", which is why I would like to hear his reasons. All the series I highlighted were extremely visually impressive, if nothing else.
__________________
tripperazn is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 22:33   Link #1010
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
I can't believe it. The anime club at my school voted for anime to keep/throw out/vote in, and these were the results:

Kept:
Persona ~trinity soul~
Heroic Age

Voted in:
Denno Coil
>And some weird show whose name i don't remember but it's about a doctor and she has x-ray vision.
> Another weird medical show where this guy can see microbes with the naked eye...

Voted out/failed to get voted in:
Hayate no Gotoku! - booted
Claymore - failed to get in

I mean, OMFG WHY!?!?!?? Heroic Age I would rather use as a drink coaster while I watch Claymore than to suffer through one more horrible episode. I mean, it's such a huge piece of crap. That princess...Deidaneira or whatever? One line, and that was "Age..." I mean, I bet for the entire series she probably only spent about an hour in the recording booth and they just used the same recording over and over again.

Persona is just plain shitty. I saw the first two episodes, closed my eyes and thought to myself, "please, a gun so I can shoot myself..... trace...on!"

Denno Coil is so-so, since it didn't seem to have much substance to it.

About that weird microbe one (whose name I don't remember), I swear it was made on an acid trip. But not in a fun "Katamari Damacy" way, but rather a "playing in traffic" way. It was that painful. And worse yet, the anime ACTUALLY TAKES ITSELF SERIOUSLY.

My biggest problem is, how did Claymore NOT get in? It missed by ONE VOTE (2/3 vote was needed). I mean, it's probably the best anime out there that hasn't been liscensed yet. I swear, the club members have no taste in anime whatsoever. ABSOLUTELY NONE.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 22:41   Link #1011
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, I don't disagree with that but amazing visuals doesn't mean the series cannot subjectively be one of the worst ever for certain viewers. If Mai Otome had phenomenal artwork, I'd still consider it one of the worst series I have ever watched. For me the art is just means to a goal, if the story and characters are pathetic, no art can keep me from dropping a series.

Quote:
Denno Coil is so-so, since it didn't seem to have much substance to it.
It has way more substance (and imagination) than Claymore, though.
__________________
'The world we live in is always in darkness.'
'Yes, and that is why we seek light.'

Matrim is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 23:42   Link #1012
tbl
Affably Evil
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hammerspace or Australia, I forget which
The only series has really made me go, "omg, this is just crap" that than "it's kinda boring/don't like where this is going/the story isn't for me" is Dragonaut, and it was really promising before it introduced the dragon transformations.
__________________
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 00:14   Link #1013
Nenkitsune
Ive been MikuCaramellized
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Well, I don't disagree with that but amazing visuals doesn't mean the series cannot subjectively be one of the worst ever for certain viewers. If Mai Otome had phenomenal artwork, I'd still consider it one of the worst series I have ever watched. For me the art is just means to a goal, if the story and characters are pathetic, no art can keep me from dropping a series.



It has way more substance (and imagination) than Claymore, though.
Agreed. I think that's why I didn't get into Mai Otome very well. I did like Mai Hime though.
I'm sort of the type that will download a few episodes, and if by the time i finish those I don't feel anything, I stop. There haven't been many show's i've dropped because I didn't like them though. Some I was pretty iffy on watching, then after I started watching it I became hooked.
One of those shows would be Shakugan no Shana. I'm not sure why, but at first i was kinda iffy till i watched it. Luckily it had a great first episode and now i'm hooked.

Bokurano I didn't really get hooked to. I'm not sure why. Maybe if I went back to watch it might, but after watching the first 4ish episodes i still wasn't really hooked. It was interesting though.
__________________

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 01:18   Link #1014
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
The thing is, this isn't a "what anime don't you like?" thread. It's a "what anime do you find so absolutely vile that you should use the dvds they came on as frisbees?" thread. When you post an anime in here the implication is you think it's one of the worst ever made. Thus, fans get a bit more defensive about their favorite series than they would if the thread was titled differently.

The simple fact is, 99.9% of the anime listed in this thread don't really suck. Some of them just suffer from being average. Others from being a genre the person posting just doesn't like. Neither really makes them bad.
Haven't we repeated this at least 100 times over the course of this thread and yet people still fail to grasp it?
__________________
DarkCntry is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 01:56   Link #1015
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Perth, Australia.
Age: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I swear, the club members have no taste in anime whatsoever. ABSOLUTELY NONE.
Think about what you just said.

It was virtually -

"All the club members have bad taste, and I have good taste."

While it's understandable that you're upset because a show you liked wasn't voted in, it's unfair to disparage the tastes of the other members. You should talk it through with them if you have something to say.
__________________
Zenemis is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 02:17   Link #1016
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hawaii
... extremely mediocre series, I'd nominate GetBackers and the second season of ZnT. S2 would have been horrible if not for the boat scene and some other stuff, which redeemed it a bit in my eyes.
__________________
Ryougi Shiki is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 02:37   Link #1017
marth1244
BanYa
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to marth1244
I would have to say He-man and the thundercats


Although i did love that theme song it was kinda catchy
marth1244 is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 02:43   Link #1018
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Think about what you just said.

It was virtually -

"All the club members have bad taste, and I have good taste."

While it's understandable that you're upset because a show you liked wasn't voted in, it's unfair to disparage the tastes of the other members. You should talk it through with them if you have something to say.
That was not what I was saying. Way to throw in an absolute where it doesn't apply. I do think about what I'm saying when I type. And DO NOT put words in my mouth. It waters down any argument you make.

They kept ALL the shows I didn't like and voted out the ones I like the most. And Heroic Age, Persona, and the other two weird medical anime (EDIT: Moyashimon and Ray the Animation) were absolutely terrible... as in shows that should never have existed in the first place. At least Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei was there to make up for it (kinda). (In my opinion that show kinda tends to be hit-and-miss; some episodes were brilliant where others were terrible.)

And for the record, I really don't like a few people that attend the anime club, because they tend to act like pompous jerks. Especially when they've only seen like a dozen anime or so and think they know everything. I've seen well over 120 series and movies and I'm still an anime noob...

Oh, to add to the list, D.Gray-man was voted out. I don't know why.

It's too bad they can't show liscensed anime (due to membership fees). They miss a lot or good shows that way.
__________________

Last edited by Spectacular_Insanity; 2008-01-25 at 04:57.
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 04:54   Link #1019
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
It's bad because it's targeted at a younger audience? :P

So... Play School is a horrible, immature piece of programming?
I dislike pretty much all "toy" oriented animes like Crush Gear, B-daman, Beyblade etc.. not because they are aimed at younger audiences.

But because they are the kinds of animes that makes people think animes are only for kids.
Liddo-kun is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 04:58   Link #1020
Nenkitsune
Ive been MikuCaramellized
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
I dislike pretty much all "toy" oriented animes like Crush Gear, B-daman, Beyblade etc.. not because they are aimed at younger audiences.

But because they are the kinds of animes that makes people think animes are only for kids.
Agreed. it's those toy/card oriented shows that make people who don't know much about anime think it's for kids, because the commercials for said anime's toys/cards are all over the place.

I for one, am glad my mom is japanese. not only did she get me into anime, she watches some shows with me
we finished watching Minami-ke today, her response "eh? that's the end? How strange" lol
She also finds Kaibutsu Oujo to be weird, but she sat through an entire episode.
I wonder if she'd like zetsubou....
__________________

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.