AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-25, 05:00   Link #1021
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
Agreed. it's those toy/card oriented shows that make people who don't know much about anime think it's for kids, because the commercials for said anime's toys/cards are all over the place.
The reason I hate those types of anime is because they try and solve real-world problems through stupid card games, etc. Such as Yu-Gi-Oh! and it subsequent generations.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 05:12   Link #1022
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
Agreed. it's those toy/card oriented shows that make people who don't know much about anime think it's for kids, because the commercials for said anime's toys/cards are all over the place.

I for one, am glad my mom is japanese. not only did she get me into anime, she watches some shows with me
we finished watching Minami-ke today, her response "eh? that's the end? How strange" lol
She also finds Kaibutsu Oujo to be weird, but she sat through an entire episode.
I wonder if she'd like zetsubou....
Well, I let my coworkers borrow my Elfen Lied and Claymore cd's,
It helped change their minds that anime isn't made just for children.

And lastly, you're so fortunate to have a mother who understands anime.
Liddo-kun is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 08:41   Link #1023
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
I wonder if she'd like zetsubou....
I wonder if she'd like Hataraki Man.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 15:07   Link #1024
TurinTurambar200
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere on the borders of introspection
Age: 26
Reading through much of the thread, it seems people are naming titles more based on their bias towards the genre than the quality of the anime itself... But at anyrate, if I had to throw a title to be burned and buried, it would have to be that one anime based of RO, whose name escapes me. It was a pain to watch....
TurinTurambar200 is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 17:18   Link #1025
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurinTurambar200 View Post
Reading through much of the thread, it seems people are naming titles more based on their bias towards the genre than the quality of the anime itself... But at anyrate, if I had to throw a title to be burned and buried, it would have to be that one anime based of RO, whose name escapes me. It was a pain to watch....
Well personally of the animes I think I've mentioned ( One Piece, Clannad, Gantz.. and w/e else) are actually bad animes. It's not genre bias as I am open to all genres.

I would think most actually consider the ones they mentioned to be bad.
Reckoner is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 17:25   Link #1026
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Anyone like frisbees? I have 13 of them by the name of "Fullmetal Alchemist"

What a terrible series. It's a shame it had to be so long, since I would have loved it to be over quickly so I wouldn't have to continue watching it.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 17:54   Link #1027
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Anyone like frisbees? I have 13 of them by the name of "Fullmetal Alchemist"

What a terrible series. It's a shame it had to be so long, since I would have loved it to be over quickly so I wouldn't have to continue watching it.
Why would you continue to watch something you hate?
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 17:57   Link #1028
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Why would you continue to watch something you hate?
I made a deal with a friend that if I watched all 51 FMA episodes, he'd watch all 50 Higurashi episodes and the OVA.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 18:01   Link #1029
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
o_o What's so terrible about FMA? I've never met anyone who actually hated that series.
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 18:16   Link #1030
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
o_o What's so terrible about FMA? I've never met anyone who actually hated that series.
Well I also am somone who hates FMA. Mostly because I can't stand the characters.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 18:18   Link #1031
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Anyone like frisbees? I have 13 of them by the name of "Fullmetal Alchemist"

What a terrible series. It's a shame it had to be so long, since I would have loved it to be over quickly so I wouldn't have to continue watching it.
If you didn't like it (though I disagree, I won't fault you for it), why the heck did you watch it? That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 18:41   Link #1032
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I made a deal with a friend that if I watched all 51 FMA episodes, he'd watch all 50 Higurashi episodes and the OVA.
That's a fair enough deal imo.

I don't consider FMA to be a bad anime though.
Liddo-kun is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 18:46   Link #1033
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
o_o What's so terrible about FMA? I've never met anyone who actually hated that series.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=248

That's basically everything.

Spectacular_Insanity: As I said before, I made a deal with a friend.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 18:54   Link #1034
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
What I think is FMA is one of the first action series with a serious plot and drama that doesn't just involve random fighting. Before that, there's Cowboy Bebop but that's not really action isn't it? I think the drama that captivates many people, because I think for its time, it's drama is quite unique and, well, good.

That's just my theory anyways.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 19:10   Link #1035
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Maa...different tastes for different people. Perhaps FMA wasn't moe enough for some XD

My vote goes to Kamichama.

I hardly ever drop any series I pick up, but this series pushed me over my limits with it's zomg death animation and boring plot. It even scares me now how bad it was >_<
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 19:12   Link #1036
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=248

That's basically everything.

Spectacular_Insanity: As I said before, I made a deal with a friend.
Wow that's harsh. I don't agree with the drama though...it made ME tear up a lot. And I thought the whole show was very original. I liked the characters too. I don't think it's necessary to have the character change that much if they're good to begin with. And I thought Edward was good to begin with.

But oh well. >_>

Quote:
I hardly ever drop any series I pick up, but this series pushed me over my limits with it's zomg death animation and boring plot. It even scares me now how bad it was >_<
Satelite ruined the series because the manga was really lovely. Satelite is on my "list". lol
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 21:17   Link #1037
Noir_
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
i dont remember the name but its about a kid tha killed a wild pig then the spirit f the pig started hunting him, or something like that. that show was just pathetic
Noir_ is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 21:42   Link #1038
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Wow that's harsh. I don't agree with the drama though...it made ME tear up a lot. And I thought the whole show was very original. I liked the characters too. I don't think it's necessary to have the character change that much if they're good to begin with. And I thought Edward was good to begin with.

But oh well. >_>
Hm. I love characters that change. They're much more interesting to me.

This series and me just didn't go together. I'm sure it's great for other people, but I just hated it.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 22:09   Link #1039
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Oh I love characters who change too. Just didn't think FMA needed it.
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2008-01-25, 22:13   Link #1040
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Anyone like frisbees? I have 13 of them by the name of "Fullmetal Alchemist"

What a terrible series. It's a shame it had to be so long, since I would have loved it to be over quickly so I wouldn't have to continue watching it.
It's not that bad it's just that the ending ending was really bad imo, the early parts were really good. Now the movie, that that deserves to be used as frisbees. The manga other hand is just amazing.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.