AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-19, 05:53   Link #261
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I guess you are right.
__________________
Join the Army of Teresa
Teresa: That's because I was just that much stronger and because you don't understand (that), you are number 2.
Anima is offline  
Old 2008-01-26, 05:13   Link #262
Ekoko
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I'm not sure where to post this so I need to ask where can I post a RP advertisement like this one? Can a mod make a thread for me?

Claymore RP
Have you ever wondered and wanted to find out how you would do if you participated in the similar shoes of a Claymore? Endless Graveyard would like to welcome you all to a exciting RP world of Claymore where you can find out for yourself what destiny you can carve with a Claymore in hand.

Little about the Plot
Timeline is set in the transition period where the Male Claymores are slowly being wiped out from the Organization. Few male warriors remain within the Organization, others turned to either Awakened Beings or Corpse. With Isley still in command the Organization slowly plots his fall. Life has treated you harshly, leaving nothing for you in the human civilization you were turned away from humanity and adopted into the world of Claymores. What does fate design for you? What will happen in the political shadows of the Organization? what new threats awaits our long forgotten heroes? Learn the forgotten past, to the time of Isley and Riful. Discover the fate that lies before you.

1. Battle System – Anything goes. I personally find the stat orientated RPs too complicated for anyone to enjoy so I am willing to trust the members to act on their own behalf and restrain themselves from god modding. Should a report get out about god modding, a mod will be required to question the individual and they will be dealt with promptly. Reasons for why I am against the Stats is because I do not want members to take RPing as some sort of a job (of writing a small novel?) and want to maximize the fun of simple role playing without complication. While this may be seen as being greatly lenient on the players I will be moderating god modding with a iron fist and the mods will be expected to do the same.

2. Settings: After thinking about it, I think I'm happier with the transitory period between the fall of male claymores and the rise of female claymores. Few reasons being, this opens up alot of the veiled history of Claymores to be created by us, the rpers. With the plot I have in mind I trust rpers will be opening their eyes to a exciting plot/fanfiction. As for Canon characters, there were very few mentioned in this age anyway and the few that would be considered canon are Riful, Duph, Rigald, Isley. I will most likely not allow normal rper's to interact with them unless they appear in the plot I've previously created (And yes they make appearances but not always). Before somebody wonders, this will be set in the period when Isley is still within the organization and project Riful is in her early stage of development somewhere in secrecy of the Organization.

3. Hosting – Not a clue so far. I have a few in mind thats free but if someone can come up with a place to host I'd be in their debt.

4. Goals – I'm expecting a fair number of people ranging from 10~20 rpers for starters. Anymore and it will just be too massive to moderate. I don't intend to hire 3+ rp mods at any given time unless I want to expand abit and 3 just isn't enough to moderate everyone. At first I would be keen on seeing the new members rp through the extensive plot I've prepared for them and from them I'll most likely pick possible candidate to take on a mod job if I see talent amongst them. Hmm whatelse? Well basicly I have this delicious plot for Claymore question is how will it be played out? What I've written is my theory combined to make a past for Claymore series. Those who discussed/created with me would know its worth playing out the cards on the table. While I'm interested how the rp will run I'm also interested in having fun and provide maximum fun time for people who do join up to rp.

5. Priority – Have fun and make sure others are having fun also. What more can I have as top priority. Other minor things probably include, trying to moderate fairly as much as possible. I'm confident though people will generally be nice to each other, at least with the mod team i hire they'd better be.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2008-01-27 at 03:06. Reason: deleted spam link
Ekoko is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 03:03   Link #263
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
I'm sorry, but this is not a role play forum and it will never be a role playing forum. Please do not make requests for us to create role playing threads since we'll just turn them down. You'll have to go to other forums for your role playing needs since we are only a discussion forum. For more on the subject please read this thread.

We are also very harsh about advertisements, so if this was intended as an ad, then we're obliged to be mean to you.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 03:20   Link #264
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I'm sorry, but this is not a role play forum and it will never be a role playing forum. Please do not make requests for us to create role playing threads since we'll just turn them down. You'll have to go to other forums for your role playing needs since we are only a discussion forum. For more on the subject please read this thread.

We are also very harsh about advertisements, so if this was intended as an ad, then we're obliged to be mean to you.
*yawn*
I had considered doing a stripped-down and fluid version of d20 adaptation of Claymore. I have a thing for the d20 game mechanics and the highly-defined combat works for a show that's basically revolves around an arms race. And I had thought-out a few unique feat trees to model some unique, if idiosyncratic, powers.

I suppose freeform (or rule-based) roleplaying can always be taken over to the Giant In The Playground forums (Google it).

Oh well, unlikely that I'd find the time for such a thing.
__________________
There are women who, however you may search them, prove to have no content but are purely masks. The man who associates with such almost spectral, necessarily unsatisfied beings is to be commiserated with, yet it is precisely they who are able to arouse the desire of the man most strongly: he seeks for her soul -- and goes on seeking.
-from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.405, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

Big List of Anime Tropes
Flame Warriors Roster
Twisted Reality is offline  
Old 2008-01-30, 15:17   Link #265
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoon042 View Post
Well, I guess one could argue about a clear definition of what pointless is, but if it's clearly defined on this site, I must've missed it and I apologize.

A thread that I'd like to see created ( but I don't know if it'd be considered pointless) would be what moments, scenes, actions, quotes, etc. did people really like/dislike in particular, and maybe some reasons explaining why he/she liked/disliked it.

I don't know if it'd be put in the Claymore - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating thread, because the thread I have in mind would be more about certain instances instead of the "big picture" or whatever you wanna call it.

Anyway, I'd be happy if this could please be considered because some might think of a thread like this as "pointless", but it could probably lead to some interesting discussion and I think some other people, like myself, kind of like "fun" threads like these.

Thanks
After some thought, this seems like a worthwhile thread. I'll go make it.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2008-02-01, 03:52   Link #266
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I had a crazy idea. I have no idea if it would even work but I figured I would at least post the idea and see if it is possible.

How about a "Letter from the anime suki's claymore forum to Norihiro Yagi" composition thread? Sort of answering the question: if you were to write a letter to Yagi, what would you say? And then ... you know, send it.

I mean actually figuring out how to send him a letter, either writing one as a group or as individuals, get someone to translate (maybe even edit) it and hope like crazy for a response. Even if there isn't a response, we could tell him how awesome claymore is and encourage him (although he probably doesn't need it). It could even be a series of quotes from various users about how much they enjoy claymore. I am not sure if anyone else would be interested but I thought it might be a cool idea because I really enjoy my Claymore. If not a letter then maybe we could get an email address or something to send our thanks. People will probably have different ideas about what they want to send (if it interests them at all) so that could be part of the discussion too.
__________________
Tests for my graphic novel -> http://dragonfury0.deviantart.com/ <-
chibamonster is offline  
Old 2008-02-01, 14:35   Link #267
Claymore_Obsessed
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
I had a crazy idea. I have no idea if it would even work but I figured I would at least post the idea and see if it is possible.

How about a "Letter from the anime suki's claymore forum to Norihiro Yagi" composition thread? Sort of answering the question: if you were to write a letter to Yagi, what would you say? And then ... you know, send it.

I mean actually figuring out how to send him a letter, either writing one as a group or as individuals, get someone to translate (maybe even edit) it and hope like crazy for a response. Even if there isn't a response, we could tell him how awesome claymore is and encourage him (although he probably doesn't need it). It could even be a series of quotes from various users about how much they enjoy claymore. I am not sure if anyone else would be interested but I thought it might be a cool idea because I really enjoy my Claymore. If not a letter then maybe we could get an email address or something to send our thanks. People will probably have different ideas about what they want to send (if it interests them at all) so that could be part of the discussion too.
I like your idea, and more importantly I hope NSW likes it too

Probably fan letter must be sent to Shueisha manga division HQ by snail mail or email, and then they provide to forward them to Yagi-sensei.
I think I found their snail mail address on Shueisha's website; I tried to find a email too but I failed miserably.
So, if someone has had more luck...
__________________
Claymore_Obsessed is offline  
Old 2008-02-02, 16:35   Link #268
koffy
beggar
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
@Chibamonster I like your idea too, sending thanks is a nice idea. That is need a new theard is an other thing, I hope its going to be created, but IMO it wont be. Anyway we should make a try :P
koffy is offline  
Old 2008-02-02, 16:56   Link #269
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
It certainly is an interesting idea, but it sounds more like a personal project than a forum thread.

Finding the address to send the letter is the least of concerns since it would be sent c/o the magazine Claymore is printed in. A couple of thoughts. Would he be sent the letter in English or Japanese? Would someone volunteer to translate letters into Japanese? Would it be a community project or would everyone be encouraged to send him their own letters? Why do we even want a thread devoted to fan's random babblings about how great Yagi-sensei is?
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2008-02-02, 17:58   Link #270
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I was actually thinking sending it from the forum users collectively, at least when I first hatched the idea. Then we could ask someone to translate it for us so it actually makes sense (although we would need to find a volunteer as I'd butcher it ). That way users who speak zero Japanese could still have some input. Of course with the information there people could send things themselves if they wanted to.

I thought saying something to the effect of, hey, we are a group of people reading claymore in English from all over the world, talking about how much we enjoy it pretty much non stop. We can't get enough of it. We figured as a group we wanted to say thanks for the awesome story... blah blah, something along those lines. As I doubt we could come to a consensus on the contents of a single letter (but it's possible) I figured anyone who wanted to could add a little blurb. We could even keep it anonymous and use our handles and stuff depending on people's preferences.

I have no idea if any questions we sent could be answered or anything, or even if we should send questions, but as we all enjoy claymore so much I figure it would be fun as a community to give a big shout out to Claymore's daddy. I figured doing it as a group of fans would have more impact. He probably gets tons of fan mail anyway but it can't hurt.

***although if we did include requests I would ask that Yagi put up a video on the internet of him drawing a character or a page or something...*** (ignore everything between the stars* as it really isn't part of the thread request, just me imagining what I want to see most )
__________________
Tests for my graphic novel -> http://dragonfury0.deviantart.com/ <-
chibamonster is offline  
Old 2008-02-02, 18:34   Link #271
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
I've decided. If someone is both responsible and dedicated enough to take on this project then convince me and I'll let you create the thread. If someone thinks that they can do this and won't lose interest in the project half-way through, PM me and convince me you are serious.

The victim project leader will need to do all of this:
  1. Get the address
  2. Find someone who will translate to Japanese.
    (I'd recommend two so that they can check each other's work for clarity.)
  3. Compile everyone's wishes and questions
  4. Finally this person will need to actually print out and mail the letter - by post - to Yagi-sensei.

If you can't do this, then the thread is just an excuse for babbling chatter without discussion.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2008-02-08, 19:20   Link #272
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I'd really love to have a thread which states the major points of why some of us think that Teresa is superior to Priscilla and vice versa to avoid the re-re-re-re-re-discussion and the re-re-re-re-hijacking of other threads so it could be used as a reference whenever new comers spark this never-ending debate.

If this idea gets approved, I am willing to go through the power level and theories thread and any other thread which has some ideas and theories backing up each side and compile a numerated list of concentrated points regarding both.

And in case Yagi introduces new stuff about this debate, it could be added to the thread.
Of course, it has to be a closed topic so only mods can add new points and making it a sticky would be awesome as well.

This is different from my previous request as this one is a no-discussion thread. Just stating what the community believe in regard of this issue just to avoid the re-discussions as I said.
__________________
Join the Army of Teresa
Teresa: That's because I was just that much stronger and because you don't understand (that), you are number 2.

Last edited by Anima; 2008-02-08 at 19:34.
Anima is offline  
Old 2008-02-09, 02:12   Link #273
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
I'm afraid I just don't see why we need a closed sticky thread for this. I doubt it will end any discussion to have a bulletin on the subject. Or is it more of a scorecard?

The real fallacy of this is thinking you can state what "the community" believes. The one thing I am sure of is that there is no community consensus. That's why it is such an explosive argument.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2008-02-09, 04:41   Link #274
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
But we do have some facts in this regard:
1- 10% Teresa > ~80% Priscilla by a great margin (as stated by Irene)
2- Priscilla killed Teresa (some people think that, Teresa fans are living in denial of this fact, somehow)
3- Teresa refrained from killing Priscilla many times.
4- Teresa was no longer fit for battle, and hence her head flying.
5- Priscilla's latent potential made Teresa question her ability to defeat her in future encounters.
6- Priscilla is THE strongest AB in the claymore universe. (so far?)
7- Priscilla could have killed Teresa when she jumped off the window.
8- Teresa couldn't sense any yoki flow from Priscilla.
9- When Priscilla started releasing yoki in great amounts, Teresa couldn't use yoki flow detection effectively.
10- Whether Teresa was stronger than Priscilla or not doesn't contribute anything to the story anymore.

Unless I missed something, those are pretty much all the facts from the Teresa arc regarding that debate. #5 is the center of all the debates because we can't just define Priscilla's/Teresa's latent potentials.
No, I am not using it as a scorecard, I am actually trying to be neutral and avoid repeating ourselves -.-

It could be fun, and I did enjoy most of it when it was done in the appropriate thread. But I suppose you might be right, it wouldn't stop further discussions :\
__________________
Join the Army of Teresa
Teresa: That's because I was just that much stronger and because you don't understand (that), you are number 2.
Anima is offline  
Old 2008-02-09, 05:06   Link #275
Voracious Reader
異常読欲者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
But we do have some facts in this regard:
1- 10% Teresa > ~80% Priscilla by a great margin (as stated by Irene)
2- Priscilla killed Teresa (some people think that, Teresa fans are living in denial of this fact, somehow)
3- Teresa refrained from killing Priscilla many times.
4- Teresa was no longer fit for battle, and hence her head flying.
5- Priscilla's latent potential made Teresa question her ability to defeat her in future encounters.
6- Priscilla is THE strongest AB in the claymore universe. (so far?)
7- Priscilla could have killed Teresa when she jumped off the window.
8- Teresa couldn't sense any yoki flow from Priscilla.
9- When Priscilla started releasing yoki in great amounts, Teresa couldn't use yoki flow detection effectively.
10- Whether Teresa was stronger than Priscilla or not doesn't contribute anything to the story anymore.

Unless I missed something, those are pretty much all the facts from the Teresa arc regarding that debate. #5 is the center of all the debates because we can't just define Priscilla's/Teresa's latent potentials.
No, I am not using it as a scorecard, I am actually trying to be neutral and avoid repeating ourselves -.-

It could be fun, and I did enjoy most of it when it was done in the appropriate thread. But I suppose you might be right, it wouldn't stop further discussions :\
If you want to stay with the facts and be as neutral as possible you should change some points a bit:

1- 10-29%Teresa > 71-79% ...
4- ... according to Irene
6- ... according to Riful, also claimed by Easley (who as an interested party can't be considered neutral at that point) and supported by extra scene 3.
7- ... didn't use a very promising opportunity to attack ...
Voracious Reader is offline  
Old 2008-02-09, 05:55   Link #276
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I don't think even a new thread would resolve much, especially when new users log in having missed most of the discussion and start poking at old wounds assuming that they are the first to have mentioned something. Voracious Reader mentioned that on some of the Japanese forums the Teresa vs. Priscilla discussion was raging as violently as it was here (if I remember correctly). The really hard part is finding old dicussions because there have been some really interesting things brought up as speculation regarding the matter. The problem is that it all gets buried over time and people don't get to see them.

There are so many things to consider on every point of the argument that are just speculation that any sort of factual post would be very short. For instance, just looking at what Irene said regarding their power levels can be taken many ways, who did she detect with the highest power, how did she know about Priscilla's potential power, can her opinion even be trusted as she so was wrong about Teresa's power. etc... and it goes on at every level except for what actually happened which everyone already knows. The difference of opinions comes from the why things happened, not so much from what happened.

Although I agree it can be annoying when someone violently brings it up not having read any of the previous posts.
__________________
Tests for my graphic novel -> http://dragonfury0.deviantart.com/ <-
chibamonster is offline  
Old 2008-02-09, 06:03   Link #277
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Ok, I will rephrase some and put them in order as they occurred in the time line:

1- Teresa couldn't sense any yoki flow from Priscilla.
2- Priscilla wasted a good opportunity to kill Teresa off guard.
3- Priscilla's latent potential made Teresa question her ability to defeat her in future encounters.
4- Teresa refrained from killing Priscilla (many times).
5- When Priscilla started releasing yoki in great amounts, Teresa couldn't use yoki flow detection effectively.
6- Teresa releasing ~10-29% yoki > Priscilla releasing ~71-79% yoki by a great margin as stated by Irene.
7- Teresa was no longer fit for battle according to Irene.
8- Priscilla killed Teresa.
9- Priscilla is THE strongest AB in the claymore universe (According to Riful & Extra Scene #3)
10- Whether Teresa was stronger than Priscilla or not doesn't contribute anything to the story anymore.

@chibamonster: That's exactly my point. Having a thread with major points to be used to refer new comers to so we wont repeat ourselves. I could really put said contents in my website and use it whenever possible but I want to be here to avoid any adv/spam allegations. If I did, I would quote posters and credit them of course but it would still not look 100% authentic as if it was here.

Maybe have those points listed and link to posts which discuss them? I dunno really.

Oh and I used Teresa's own judgment in regard of Priscilla's latent potential, not Irene's.
__________________
Join the Army of Teresa
Teresa: That's because I was just that much stronger and because you don't understand (that), you are number 2.
Anima is offline  
Old 2008-02-09, 06:16   Link #278
Voracious Reader
異常読欲者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Although I agree it can be annoying when someone violently brings it up not having read any of the previous posts.
The problem is that the previous posts are more or less unreadable because they consist of text walls dominated by vague inferences and statements of opinion, with actual sanguine points far in between. Compiling them into an actually readable form would go a long way towards avoiding making the same arguments over and over. I'm not sure we'd need a new thread for that, though.
Voracious Reader is offline  
Old 2008-02-09, 10:35   Link #279
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Oh wall of text wars are aweful. The Japanese Manga thread used to be full of them. Now it's mostly in the statistics thread. There are some pretty darn good posts in the mix though. Much like navigating through the image thread, it is hit and miss. But there really is good stuff in there with fairly interesting ideas. That is why I keep coming back here. People here pick up on a lot of things I miss, have some pretty interesting ideas and it's relatively non-hostile.

What sounds like the best solution here might just be an essay addressing the different points and then a link to it in someones signature or something. That way it won't get lost in the stacks of threads and you have complete control over it. Getting the communities feel on the most volitile difference of opinions in the series would be next to impossible. A thread that no one can post in would also get buried pretty quick if it wasn't stickied or anything.

And I guess expecting others to look through the forum a little bit is expecting too much. I did it when I first got on but the forum has grown quite a bit since then. I skipped some of the multi post wars but there was still a lot of interesting stuff in there. There still is . Of course, there is a whole lot of it too; at least 1280 pages with the discussion about Priscilla vs. Teresa going on at least (according to google although probably many more posts)
__________________
Tests for my graphic novel -> http://dragonfury0.deviantart.com/ <-

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-02-09 at 10:50.
chibamonster is offline  
Old 2008-02-09, 15:21   Link #280
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
This is a really great idea but I pitty the poor fella..
As it is in literature, stage arts or film making; What is so unique in the fantasy genre is that the creator of a piece is only the owner by right and is not allways the main inovator in the further development of the world he built.

Take George Lucas for example; He wrote the books for the original star wars movies and gave a few pointers to the people who helped him realize his visions but as for the many twists and turns in the plot in the future and past were all written by writers who so happened to be fans.

My points is.... I think, that if we send this letter to Yagi with all of those questions he'll probably be a bit confused if not shocked and if not, then it's only because he had recieved hundreds of letters beforehand from crazy japanese fans. Who in the world would've thought that fans of HIS masterpiece know more about it that he does...
Mikke is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.