AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2008-01-30, 19:22   Link #1
JackGrover
ハンサムでより古い紳士

Question [Ayako-BakaWolf]_Rosario_+_Vampire_-_04

I seem to be getting a very strange page when I click on the link for the AVI version of this torrent even though the tracker is showing 623UL and 108DL.
Page URL:
http://providemoar.com/[Ayako-BakaWolf]_Rosario_+_Vampire_-_04_-_[XVID][704x396]_[755E6B5D].avi.torrent

Sample of text on page:
œyu“mE…dHUM+ž\•"q˜•<Y oŒˆH‘ƒ^œ3ˆ†2’>‡]ٹ‡ŒM<SOn.2“Ttv™V;‡eMy’&€‘-_‚me{r1IT&6x,U
'5‡5Ÿ^"†S:“J;hR›V‘…; Z,sb‘Z‚d™e!CMV•6{֬šU‰mʤ6"Bu*“ xl„]+fbl+]phŽ/owY—^Q6•Hu_4nDY֬O/v~I,i{jC
]4drP;A-S<…ԧPƒ€{„z‰J~,a˜XxjZu—z9wlu“R $˜geŒ[‚ŸiADC<Ny9
i‘™Œ

The h264 torrent works, but I don't like subtitles in MKV format. (All the other avi torrents from Ayako & Baka Wolf work fine)

Should I just sit back and wait, trying every once in a while to see if it works? Or is there a work-around I haven't tried yet? (I use UTorrent)

Arigato!

Kanji Translated to: Being handsome, an older gentleman.

Last edited by JackGrover; 2008-01-30 at 19:30. Reason: Link did not show up.
JackGrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 19:29   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I suspect it's the same issue recently reported with a Moyashimon torrent. You can solve the problem in the same way. Edit: added more detail after the following quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Some people may have problems with these particular downloads. Clicking on the torrent link gives a page of jumbled ASCII text.

Seems to be the same problem as outlined in this thread HS Girls-Wacky character jumbles appearing..
to which DWKnight replied with this

It is possible to get it to work (I've tried it and can download the ep).

Right click on the Moyashimon 7 torrent link and select "Save Target as..." from the drop down menu and save the file on your hard disc. BUT, before you save the file rename it...

from
[SEES]Moyashimon_07_09HA10.avi.avi
to
[SEES]Moyashimon_07_09HA10.avi.torrent

You can do ths before you save the file on your disc. Or you can just save the file and then rename it.

Important note:
Make sure you can see the FULL filename, you need to perform an extra action if it appears the file is called this
[SEES]Moyashimon_07_09HA10.avi
(the above file has only a single .avi extension, not the full .avi.avi extension).

If you can see the full filename, then this paragraph can be skipped.
If you can't see the full filename, then set the following option in for Windows Explorer.
Tools > Folder Options... > View > Advanced settings: > Hide extensions for known file types
MAKE SURE THIS OPTION IS UNTICKED. You should now be able to see the full file name (with the correct extension).

Rename it so it is now called

Double click on this file and the torrent will start to download.

Just to repeat
Incorrect
[SEES]Moyashimon_07_09HA10.avi.avi
Correct

Same applies to episode 8.
Right click on the Rosario to Vampire 4 XviD torrent link and select "Save Target as..." from the drop down menu and save the file on your hard disc. BUT, before you save the file rename it...

from
[Ayako-BakaWolf]_Rosario_+_Vampire_-_04_-_[XVID][704x396]_[755E6B5D].avi.avi
to
[Ayako-BakaWolf]_Rosario_+_Vampire_-_04_-_[XVID][704x396]_[755E6B5D].avi.torrent

You can do ths before you save the file on your disc. Or you can just save the file and then rename it.

Important note:
Make sure you can see the FULL filename, you need to perform an extra action if it appears the file is called this
[Ayako-BakaWolf]_Rosario_+_Vampire_-_04_-_[XVID][704x396]_[755E6B5D].avi
(the above file has only a single .avi extension, not the full .avi.avi extension).

If you can see the full filename, then this paragraph can be skipped.
If you can't see the full filename, then set the following option in for Windows Explorer.
Tools > Folder Options... > View > Advanced settings: > Hide extensions for known file types
MAKE SURE THIS OPTION IS UNTICKED. You should now be able to see the full file name (with the correct extension).

Rename it so it is now called
[Ayako-BakaWolf]_Rosario_+_Vampire_-_04_-_[XVID][704x396]_[755E6B5D].avi.torrent

Double click on this file and the torrent will start to download.

Just to repeat
Incorrect
[Ayako-BakaWolf]_Rosario_+_Vampire_-_04_-_[XVID][704x396]_[755E6B5D].avi.avi
Correct
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 20:53   Link #3
JackGrover
ハンサムでより古い紳士

Right-Click, Rename .torrent

Thanks xris!
That was EASY! How I didn't see that post, or solution, earlier I have no idea, but it worked perfectly! Now I can enjoy great subtitles (Without rude notations) once again!

Kanji Translated to: Being handsome, an older gentleman.
JackGrover is offline   Reply With Quote