AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2008-01-04, 21:10   Link #41
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Deluge officially doesn't start anymore for me. I can't provide a cause. Back to uTorrent, I guess.
And the power of having a shell is demonstrated yet again... I've had Deluge refusing to start here under Linux, but after looking at the command line output it was pretty easy to fix. In my case, whenever it doesn't exit properly or whenever I quit it from the system tray, one of its child processes is left listening on the port I use for BT transfers, thus Deluge complains and doesn't want to start. So if it ever happens again, I just kill that child process and Deluge is back again.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 00:49   Link #42
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Now that you've mentioned it .. Deluge did leave dbus-daemon-deluge process whenever I exited/deluge crashed. I just exit from system tray normally. Even when updating, that process never quit by itself.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 10:55   Link #43
Blick Winkel

Just in case - if bypassing ISP throttling was your only reason to use Deluge, then try newest utorrent 1.8 build series. Although still in alpha state, seems their have imported (or corrected, call it as you wish) from Deluge its encryption routines.
Blick Winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 12:24   Link #44
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blick Winkel View Post
Just in case - if bypassing ISP throttling was your only reason to use Deluge, then try newest utorrent 1.8 build series. Although still in alpha state, seems their have imported (or corrected, call it as you wish) from Deluge its encryption routines.
uTorrent is owned by Cohen who works for the media studios allegedly.
Old 2008-01-30, 13:30   Link #45
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
uTorrent is owned by Cohen who works for the media studios allegedly.
I think I stated myself clearly enough: if bypassing ISP throttling was your only reason to use Deluge - not if you love Cohen for working for media, Al-Qaeda or CIA whatsoever.
Blick Winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 16:50   Link #46
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

As of now .. I'm a fully converted Deluger ... Big thanks to grey_moon for helping me with my feed

Until I'm confronted with exceptional huge problem with deluge, it will continue its service to me for the time being.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-01-30, 18:50   Link #47
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru Send a message via Skype™ to Takeru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blick Winkel View Post
I don't think that really matters, especially if you have Comcast, because from what I've read and experienced (even with the new uTorrent release), Sandvine cuts through torrent encryption like butter.
Old 2008-01-30, 21:23   Link #48
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've been playing with Deluge now and then on Linux. The other day, when the batch torrent for Oh! Edo Rocket was released, I decided to make sure my collection of episodes was intact. So I placed my collection of files in a directory with a name matching that of the directory in the torrent, started the torrent, and watched while the entire set of episodes was downloaded again from scratch. I decided not to interfere in the process for fear I'd have a bunch of incomplete files instead of my original complete ones.

Now I've done this before with Azureus, and it compares the local files to the torrent to determine which pieces it has and which still need to be dowloaded. I waited for Deluge to do the same, but it just started downloading instead. All the files were listed as 0% complete, too.

And, yes, they were the same files (had the same CRC codes), and yes the directory they were in matched the name in the torrent. From what I could tell, Deluge simply doesn't implement the comparison technique that Azureus uses.
Old 2008-01-31, 05:45   Link #49
boggart
鍵っ子

Hmmm... I can't even seem to download the Windows client from their website... how peculiar...

EDIT: Oh there it goes... will report back later...

Last edited by boggart; 2008-01-31 at 07:01.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 06:15   Link #50
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
I don't think that really matters, especially if you have Comcast, because from what I've read and experienced (even with the new uTorrent release), Sandvine cuts through torrent encryption like butter.
It doesn't actually go near the encryption at all (too expensive resource wise). Instead it looks at the traffic model*, and if it doesn't like it bang it fires out a forged reset packet. I suppose the actually "traffic shaping**" depends on what what rules the ISP is trying to set, but I have heard that it is meant to fire reset packets off until the route that the P2P connection is on is not so busy, but people have been saying that a certain ISP just blow away any P2P traffic.

*From what I've read when they were discussing the product, traffic model is based on the traffic, source/destination/ports and most importantly the peer lists of the tracker

**How this can be called traffic shaping is beyond me. What happened to buckets and cost and all that wotnot. This is more like the morning news broadcasting that a road is closed to lower congestion when it is actually open....

Last edited by grey_moon; 2008-02-01 at 06:38.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 09:45   Link #51
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Hmm, maybe I did do something wrong with the Oh! Edo Rocket batch. I started Live-Evil's Shion no Ou batch today then removed the torrent and put my three completed files in the directory created by the torrent. When I restarted deluge it did check my files against the torrent and saw the files I put there as complete.

I think the difference comes down to my completely removing the torrent in this case and restarting it from scratch with the files included. I think I just resumed the torrent the last time, and that didn't seem to result in a comparison between my files and the torrent list.
Old 2008-02-01, 23:42   Link #52
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Hmm, maybe I did do something wrong with the Oh! Edo Rocket batch. I started Live-Evil's Shion no Ou batch today then removed the torrent and put my three completed files in the directory created by the torrent. When I restarted deluge it did check my files against the torrent and saw the files I put there as complete.

I think the difference comes down to my completely removing the torrent in this case and restarting it from scratch with the files included. I think I just resumed the torrent the last time, and that didn't seem to result in a comparison between my files and the torrent list.
I was seeding a series and when I moved from the XP version to the nix one I copied the directory to a new location (I'm not very trusting) and when I started deluge it started the download anew and when I looked into the dir all the files were 0%. I then stopped the app, copied the files over and restarted it and it then checked it and started seeding. I've only tried it once so I wasn't too sure if its a feature or a bug.
Old 2008-02-04, 02:02   Link #53
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone here have problem with screen not updating? Its kinda like it not responding but it do work, just the screen not responding. It usually update every seconds or so.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa