AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shuffle!

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-11, 00:36   Link #41
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Its also that his character changed. Remeber when he went to the demon world and stood up to gods to save Primula? Well that was good Rin. But ever since Asa wrapped him around her little figer it became" Duh, i care about nothing except boobs and green hair". He turn from a selfless kind person to a blubbering idiot. Even if you say Rin wasn't directly responsible for Kaede's fall "which i believe he was" then at least he should care about her as much, if not more than primula. This is the girl who drove herself to sickness to serve him and he completely abandons her. He barely knows Asa and Primula compared to Kaede.
__________________
Goodbye AnimeSuki
You have lost your once great spirit
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 01:10   Link #42
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia >< It suxz
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Its also that his character changed. Remeber when he went to the demon world and stood up to gods to save Primula? Well that was good Rin. But ever since Asa wrapped him around her little figer it became" Duh, i care about nothing except boobs and green hair". He turn from a selfless kind person to a blubbering idiot. Even if you say Rin wasn't directly responsible for Kaede's fall "which i believe he was" then at least he should care about her as much, if not more than primula. This is the girl who drove herself to sickness to serve him and he completely abandons her. He barely knows Asa and Primula compared to Kaede.
i agree 100% but i lay all the blame on Rin hes such a selfless bastard and thats another thing compare how much he knows Kaede compared to the other girls, And of all the people though it had to be Asa...wasnt that just the cherry on the cake? *im being sarcastic here :P* even before i became a member of the KKK i still utterly despied Rin and Asa together
__________________

Ama is so Kawaii, But Sakura kinomoto will always be no1
Long live Kitto Kitto Kaede!
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 06:47   Link #43
HASHIRIYA
legend in my spare time
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: in a house (Aus)
Age: 27
when watching the first ep i was like damn that what i called trained...
__________________
HASHIRIYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 10:10   Link #44
Raistlin-
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Send a message via MSN to Raistlin-
Awww i personally love Kaeda's character and her ending in the anime really breaks my heart.

It's not that I hate the Asa Rin pairing or anything but i'm just a little bit perplexed by it. I honestly and firmly believed Rin would end up with Kaeda, their foundation was just way too perfect for them not to end up with each other.

I never believed even for a sec that Rin would end up with Nerine, Sia or Primula because it just didnt make any sense that he would fall in love with girls that randomly pop into his world, wanting to marry him. But i was genuinely shocked that he ended up with Asa instead of Kaede.

I always thought Asa would remain just a random side character, the cheerful generic happy go lucky friend. Nothing at all develops between Rin and Asa in like the first half of the anime, they are just childhood friends.

The bond they share doesnt even begin to compare with what Rin and Kaede have been through together. Kaede has been in Rin's life all this time, completely devoted to him with all the love and care Rin could possibly wish for.

Yes, its possible that Rin thought it was only her way of atoning for what happened in the past. But honestly, Rin must be blind if he cant see that she truly loves him. No one goes through THAT much just to atone for a misunderstanding...

So I just cant see why Rin would fall in love with Asa on a whim and chooses to turn his back on someone like Kaede, a person that honestly truly desperately loves him. It just doesnt make much sense to me.
Raistlin- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 22:53   Link #45
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia >< It suxz
Age: 22
*yay omg another australian ^^* neways i thought throughout the series it would be between Nerine, Sia and Kaede, i mean your right she was basically a side character throughout the first Half, and yeah i agree about Rin thinking it was her only way...its a load of bull if u ask me. He turned away from the girl that had loved him practically all her life she was at his call all these years she gave so much and devoted everything to him, Rin returned the favour by being a selfish prick and going with Asa **i wonder if many people visit the Shuffle! end of town any more <.< i miss talking about it how long till they release another!!??? *cries* **
__________________

Ama is so Kawaii, But Sakura kinomoto will always be no1
Long live Kitto Kitto Kaede!
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 17:30   Link #46
Incubusknight
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin- View Post
I always thought Asa would remain just a random side character, the cheerful generic happy go lucky friend.
I had the same thoughts as well, especially since Asa later on said she didn't feel like getting involved in boyfriends and just wanted to have fun with everyone.

Course she did say she was interested in at least one guy (that being Rin) but I figured it was just going to be similar to Mayumi's relationship with Rin.

Also given to the fact that Asa seemed to know Kaede's feelings for Rin I figured she'd be a Rin x Kaede supporter too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin- View Post
Nothing at all develops between Rin and Asa in like the first half of the anime, they are just childhood friends.
hmm I never really considered Asa as Rins childhood friend only Kaede.
Asa only met Rin, because of Kaede going to her cooking club to learn how to cook for Rin. Although I'm not 100% of what the grade difference was between then and the preasent. couldn't of been too far seeing as since none of them really looked significantly younger. (maybe it was their first year of junior high??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto- View Post
Jeez if you ask me i think Rin is to blame for what has happened to Kaede,
Agreed, it was Rins fault Kaede ended up that way, no mistake about that, but for some reason or another Rin didn't love Kaede the way a lot of us wanted him too, which is tragic seeing as how much Kaede tried to win his favor by doing the only thing she could or knew how to do.

Anyway, being that it is that Rin didn't love Kaede, I still believe he cared about her but was just too worried of telling Kaede to stop taking care of him (she did say he was the only meaning to her life) and chose not to do anything but leave her alone and hope she got over him like the other girls seemed to do.
That of course wasn't the case and while Rin went out to continue on with his life and time with Asa Kaede was left at home in her slowly falling apart world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto- View Post
how long till they release another!!???
Would be neat to see another, I'd definitely watch it. I wonder if it be the same characters though or just brand new ones to start the whole shuffle over again.
__________________
Incubusknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 23:41   Link #47
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
If they're planning on doing an anime adaptation of Really? Really!, for their restart of SHUFFLE! they MUST tear down a giant portion of the episodes starting from around ep14-16, and COMPLETELY REDO them, in order to fill in people who HAVE NOT 1) Played the original game, or 2) Have but have not gone through Kaede's path.

I don't what's wrong with me, but I found myself laughing manically at Kaede's breakdown (just finished ep20). I think it was because I KNEW it was going to happen, and since I couldn't do anything about it, might as well be vicarious.
__________________
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 05:12   Link #48
oompa loompa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 28░ 37', North ; 77░ 13', East
Age: 24
i disagree with people saying that the end pairing was ok..
we all said we liked the last 6 episodes or so because it was such a contrast from before. what made this contrast? as far as i can see it wasnt asa.. i admit, perhaps asa was the BEST pairing, in all practicality. but from a story point of view, i thougt the way kaedes and rins relationship deteriorate was brilliant - and was definetly the highlight of the show. if the show had ended on that note, with kaede being chosen. it would end things as absolutely complete, because you could definetly imagine the others walking away as 'just friends'.

infact asa was pefect for the ' just friends'. if i have to put my finger on why it was so wrong
its because you just didnt feel so sorry for asa when she was in the hospital or what not
you did feel sorry for kaede when she broke down. in a sense, the character was much more 'human'.
one of the best developed characters in any anime.. i would really die to see another one with such a complete and well done turnaround of personality, and a char with so much depth..

eh as u might have noticed i thought kaede was the best from the start lol
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 18:02   Link #49
Dxon
Inactive user
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Holland,Zuid-holland,Capelle aan den IJssel
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by HASHIRIYA View Post
when watching the first ep i was like damn that what i called trained...
You mean like a well trained pet human?
__________________
I don't want a sig anymore.. It's going to get removed anyway.
Gimme Cookies!!
People's screens are to small for my signature.
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 14:39   Link #50
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In Your Mind
Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Man you people are...grrr...musn't be TOO rude...

Seriously though, you are putting your entire basis on not only the protagonist but the entire show itself on the fact that Rin didn't fall in love with Kaede. And to make things worse, you justify it by saying that he was a complete jackass to her for 1) not eating all the meals she cooked, and 2) ignoring the signs of her mental instability. I mean holy hell, what the F is wrong with you people?

"omg kaede is teh perfect choice because she does everything for him and loves him the mostest and rin is a stupid-head for not loving her OMG whatz wrong wit him!"

Number one, Asa is TWICE the woman Kaede is, and I like Kaede's character MORE than Asa! Devotion and housework does not a woman make, what kind of backwards 18th century world are you tools living in where OBSESSIVE

obĚsesĚsion
-noun
1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.
3. the state of being obsessed.
4. the act of obsessing.

where OBSESSIVE behavior and attitude pertaining to a guy you had every opportunity to advance your relationship with but didn't and oops, now he likes someone else, is a DESIREABLE trait in a woman? I loved Kaede but she FREAKED me out, even as a childhood friend I would not want that kind of person as my girlfriend/lover. Asa was strong, determined, excelled in several things, but nobody likes her because she "stole" Rin from Kaede. Heh in my opinion, Asa's quite a woman, and definently more mentally stable than a maple (see=kaede)

I'm not anti-Kade, I'm anti-fanatics/nuts. Your favorite character wasn't 1) chosen by the protagonist and 2)portrayed as the perfect goddess you think she is, so you bash the main character because he didn't eat every grain of rice she put out in front of him. How sad. I wanted a more in-depth Nerine arc, with more interaction between her and Rin and ultimately, those two getting together, but I ain't complaining. My heart goes out to you poor souls.

If anyone you should feel bad for Sia, because she became the closest to him first half of the show but suddenly disappeared after the Primula arc.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 17:27   Link #51
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
Man you people are...grrr...musn't be TOO rude...

Seriously though, you are putting your entire basis on not only the protagonist but the entire show itself on the fact that Rin didn't fall in love with Kaede. And to make things worse, you justify it by saying that he was a complete jackass to her for 1) not eating all the meals she cooked, and 2) ignoring the signs of her mental instability. I mean holy hell, what the F is wrong with you people?

"omg kaede is teh perfect choice because she does everything for him and loves him the mostest and rin is a stupid-head for not loving her OMG whatz wrong wit him!"

Number one, Asa is TWICE the woman Kaede is, and I like Kaede's character MORE than Asa! Devotion and housework does not a woman make, what kind of backwards 18th century world are you tools living in where OBSESSIVE

obĚsesĚsion
-noun
1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.
3. the state of being obsessed.
4. the act of obsessing.

where OBSESSIVE behavior and attitude pertaining to a guy you had every opportunity to advance your relationship with but didn't and oops, now he likes someone else, is a DESIREABLE trait in a woman? I loved Kaede but she FREAKED me out, even as a childhood friend I would not want that kind of person as my girlfriend/lover. Asa was strong, determined, excelled in several things, but nobody likes her because she "stole" Rin from Kaede. Heh in my opinion, Asa's quite a woman, and definently more mentally stable than a maple (see=kaede)

I'm not anti-Kade, I'm anti-fanatics/nuts. Your favorite character wasn't 1) chosen by the protagonist and 2)portrayed as the perfect goddess you think she is, so you bash the main character because he didn't eat every grain of rice she put out in front of him. How sad. I wanted a more in-depth Nerine arc, with more interaction between her and Rin and ultimately, those two getting together, but I ain't complaining. My heart goes out to you poor souls.

If anyone you should feel bad for Sia, because she became the closest to him first half of the show but suddenly disappeared after the Primula arc.
Maybe i'm only talking for myself, but frankly she deserved to win. Her path is the default path in the game and she was given the most reaction from rin. While it is obvious early on that Asa liked rin, there was no return love. however after her character became more popular, and the wrapped up primula's arc, they basically wrote out Nerine and gave kaede a breakdown, all in an attempt to sell more figurines. I'm use to rooting for the underdog, but i still get upset when they win, because it doesn't match the story. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think her character showed any psycho tendencies in the game, and it was just used as an excuse to make her look worse than Asa.

Her whole thing about wanting to be just friends to save their friendship early on should have written her off the competition list
__________________
Goodbye AnimeSuki
You have lost your once great spirit
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 17:32   Link #52
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think her character showed any psycho tendencies in the game

Right on!
__________________
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 21:03   Link #53
oompa loompa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 28░ 37', North ; 77░ 13', East
Age: 24
you know i change my view (SLIGHTLY) on this. she did deserve to win. like i said, it doesnt matter who was the 'better' one. there are some elements that I considered.. i donno about others
1.) Kaede is the only one with a really personal relationship with rin - i.e a past
2.) did you notice? Kaede was the ONLY one Rin ever treated badly- shes the only one whos arc wasnt just ' oh i love you rin these are my problems' and rin fixes them- just the fact that it was different, made me think from a STORY point of view, kaede was the most satisfying
3.)Even if asas arc was the last arc, kaedes arc was atleast 10x more intense.. ok maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration but it was one of the biggest, if not the biggest selling points of the show, that turned a somewhat silly echhi anime into something which had REAL drama.
4.) OH COME ON, tell me really, would ANYONE have complained at all if kaede did get him?

having said that it is just my opinion.. i think what irks me the most is not the fact that kaede didnt get him in the end, it was HOW they resolved kaedes plot. the rconcilliation was simply not satisfying enough, and the transition to asa was very rough..
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 17:06   Link #54
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In Your Mind
Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Deserved to win? This wasn't a race or a sports events were talking about here(although in most harem cases it comes very close to a boxing tournament). Rin wasn't neatly wrapped at the end of a long finish line, although most of you KKK members would love to wrap a pretty bow tightly around his neck (or scrotum).

Rin loved Asa and she returned that love. That's it. Done, finished. Take it out of the skillet cuz it's cooked. No more needs to be said. Badda bing badda bang badda boom

Deserves. I love that. "Deserves to win." Like she's a better person than Asa. Like you're comparing Mother Thersea to Hitler (and looking on the KKK forum board most people refer to her as that). Like Asa did something so heinous that she does not deserved to be loved.

*raises hand*

Can I make a point about Kaede?

*points to her*

SHE'S THE MOST VIOLENT ONE ON THE SHOW!

Even ignoring their past together (and seriously, how can you? I give props to Rin for being so strong and tolerant of/for her), they grew up in a tight-knit blended family environment where they interacted as brother and sister for what, a good ten plus years (ignoring the box cutter years)? After their reconciliation, Kaede did nothing, absolutely nothing at all to try to advance their relationship and yet when Rin and Asa started dating she tried to blame him for her problems. So I don't feel sorry for her at all. She had a terrible past with Rin, one that could have been fixed and to an extent was and I sympathize with her on that, but she had her chance, blew it, and is now becoming subservient to Primula.

As far as the game is concerned, that's a completely different subject and has no relevance to the anime. In fact, I think Kaede being coo-coo made her more interesting than "the loving sisterly type" and I would have welcomed an ending where Rin did fall for her and they had a blossoming love together. But as it turned out in the anime, which the computer game has no influence to the outcome of the show, Asa was a pillar of strength for Rin and a person he admired on many levels not just as a senior classmate, but as someone he could always go to no matter the situation, and in return Rin was a person that Asa wanted to be with. Just because he didn't "return" her "love" in the first half of the show doesn't mean he wasn't feeling the same things she was. To wit, Kaede's arc made her more 3-dimensional and not just your typical girl-next-door.

And for f's sake, stop saying he's abusing her! O.M.G. There is no BASIS to this other than the fact that he DIDN'T spend every dinner and day with her outside of school! I've mentioned countless times that he WAS ignorant of her declining mental health and is guilty of not doing anything until the last minute but he ALWAYS had her best interest in heart whether or not the outcome was the desired one. He didn't come home, smack her across the face and go "Where's dinner?!" then leave to pimp around with his hoe's. Maybe he wanted to try someone else's cooking for a change, ever think of that? "OMG someone else is wearing an apron for him what a bitch!" And yet you KKK members continue to go "Rin was a horrible person to Kaede! Rin abused her! Rin treated her like sh*t!" while the main reason you hate him is...

HE DIDN'T LOVE HER IN THE FIRST PLACE!

If he had, there wouldn't be any of this. This show could have played out the exact same way from beginning to end but have Kaede be the woman he falls in love with, AND WE WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION! That in itself is the entire point why you KKK members are NUTS. You try and justify your hatred to Rin for how cruely he treated her, but the real problem is, he didn't see things through your eyes. He didn't fall in love with Kaede, therefore, he's an asshole. If he had, he'd be a genius. See the double standard?

It's not that her arc was more intense than Asa's, or that she was portrayed more human than she was in the bishoujo game, or she had the more personal (see=Donny and Marie) relationship with Rin...that is not a good foundation for the pillars of love (architectural humor). What is a good one however is...

Asa was in love with Rin.

And he in turn was in love wth her.

AND I'M AN RRR MEMBER! :P

All forwardings of Meiaminkbell's post are in support of the Anti-KKK Movement. Please donate towards the link below to help rid of the world of organizations full of nuts. We accept Paypal and Planter's. This is not an Anti-K movement, this is an Anti-KKK.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 20:44   Link #55
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
Deserved to win? This wasn't a race or a sports events were talking about here(although in most harem cases it comes very close to a boxing tournament). Rin wasn't neatly wrapped at the end of a long finish line, although most of you KKK members would love to wrap a pretty bow tightly around his neck (or scrotum).

Rin loved Asa and she returned that love. That's it. Done, finished. Take it out of the skillet cuz it's cooked. No more needs to be said. Badda bing badda bang badda boom

Deserves. I love that. "Deserves to win." Like she's a better person than Asa. Like you're comparing Mother Thersea to Hitler (and looking on the KKK forum board most people refer to her as that). Like Asa did something so heinous that she does not deserved to be loved.

*raises hand*

Can I make a point about Kaede?

*points to her*

SHE'S THE MOST VIOLENT ONE ON THE SHOW!

As far as the game is concerned, that's a completely different subject and has no relevance to the anime. In fact, I think Kaede being coo-coo made her more interesting than "the loving sisterly type" and I would have welcomed an ending where Rin did fall for her and they had a blossoming love together. But as it turned out in the anime, which the computer game has no influence to the outcome of the show,
And there in lies the biggest problem. To help me illustrate my point i will use Naruto, because it is popular and hopefully you have seen it and will understand. If not, please skip the rest of this paragraph. Imagine if in the show, they decide to make sakura crazy and have naruto fall in love with hinata. sakura tries to kill hinata and he completly blows her off and forgets about saving sauske. All of this was done by the creators of the anime to sell more hinata merchandising because her character gained popularity. Now, i would be upset, because this doesn't hold true to the manga, as this anime didn't hold true to it's source, the game. Even if you argue that in a harem, no ending is set or true, i will take that argument for now, it still doesn't justify ruining her character and making her a psycho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
HE DIDN'T LOVE HER IN THE FIRST PLACE!

If he had, there wouldn't be any of this. This show could have played out the exact same way from beginning to end but have Kaede be the woman he falls in love with, AND WE WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION! That in itself is the entire point why you KKK members are NUTS. You try and justify your hatred to Rin for how cruely he treated her, but the real problem is, he didn't see things through your eyes. He didn't fall in love with Kaede, therefore, he's an asshole. If he had, he'd be a genius. See the double standard?
That is where your wrong. Compared to all of the other characters Rin showed the most compassion to Kaede. While i agree that doesn't solidify the ending, it doesnt mean he never loved her. To write her off after they made it more of a brotherly love. He didn't abandon Primula, and he didn't abandon Asa. but when it came to Kaede he basically said "screw you. I'm not gonna help".

I'm not saying that Kaede is perfect, and im not saying you have to like her. I also dont say you have to hate Rin or Asa, but the writing team didn't give Kaede's character justice. Because of this, i cannot recommend this anime, which was my favorite, not because of the ending, but the sloppy clean up job the writing staff used to sell more dolls for perverted otakus to undress.

P.S. i will also mention, even not really a fan, Nerine got the worst treatment from the writing staff who basically didn't give her a character.
__________________
Goodbye AnimeSuki
You have lost your once great spirit
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 02:27   Link #56
oompa loompa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 28░ 37', North ; 77░ 13', East
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post


That is where your wrong. Compared to all of the other characters Rin showed the most compassion to Kaede. While i agree that doesn't solidify the ending, it doesnt mean he never loved her. To write her off after they made it more of a brotherly love. He didn't abandon Primula, and he didn't abandon Asa. but when it came to Kaede he basically said "screw you. I'm not gonna help".

I'm not saying that Kaede is perfect, and im not saying you have to like her. I also dont say you have to hate Rin or Asa, but the writing team didn't give Kaede's character justice. Because of this, i cannot recommend this anime, which was my favorite, not because of the ending, but the sloppy clean up job the writing staff used to sell more dolls for perverted otakus to undress.

P.S. i will also mention, even not really a fan, Nerine got the worst treatment from the writing staff who basically didn't give her a character.
hear hear
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 02:39   Link #57
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
If this keeps dragging on, I'm going to bring in a facepalm.
__________________
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 06:28   Link #58
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In Your Mind
Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Well, he never really went "screw you", he more or less thought that letting things run its course was for the best, and it wasn't until Kaede exploded at Asa that he realized how serious this was. And I personally found no evidence of Rin having more affection for her than that of "brotherly love", other than the odd blush. But of course he loved her, he loved her very much but he wasn't IN love with her. There is a difference.

To point out where people are wrong, I DO like Kaede. I loved her character very much, half of which was because of how 3-dimensional she was portrayed. I thought the "psychotic episode" really solidifed herself as a character and she wasn't just there for filler like Nerine and Primula outside her arc. However, and this is the problem I have with most KKK members (not all, I like you ) they are all of the belief that Rin treated her like sh*t (which I will stubbornly argue isn't the case), and hate him and Asa unconditionally because of it. They say she "stole" Rin from Kaede when it's obvious she never had him in the first place. I just love poking the RL KKK because they called me a "mod-troll" and I was "obviously an AAA" even after I said I was completely RRR . That, an some of the funny stuff they write on their board. OMG it's so funny, that forum always cheers me up, I might go trolling one day.

Oops, you are (were?) the VP.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 07:36   Link #59
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
Well, he never really went "screw you", he more or less thought that letting things run its course was for the best, and it wasn't until Kaede exploded at Asa that he realized how serious this was. And I personally found no evidence of Rin having more affection for her than that of "brotherly love", other than the odd blush. But of course he loved her, he loved her very much but he wasn't IN love with her. There is a difference.

To point out where people are wrong, I DO like Kaede. I loved her character very much, half of which was because of how 3-dimensional she was portrayed. I thought the "psychotic episode" really solidifed herself as a character and she wasn't just there for filler like Nerine and Primula outside her arc. However, and this is the problem I have with most KKK members (not all, I like you ) they are all of the belief that Rin treated her like sh*t (which I will stubbornly argue isn't the case), and hate him and Asa unconditionally because of it. They say she "stole" Rin from Kaede when it's obvious she never had him in the first place. I just love poking the RL KKK because they called me a "mod-troll" and I was "obviously an AAA" even after I said I was completely RRR . That, an some of the funny stuff they write on their board. OMG it's so funny, that forum always cheers me up, I might go trolling one day.

Oops, you are (were?) the VP.
Its true there are some people who do hate the character blindly because she won, but you'll find those people in every faction. The KKK just seems to have more because we're the biggest losing faction. I will still hold my position against the character change, but it seems we both understand where each other is standing and will just have to agree to dissagree on that.
__________________
Goodbye AnimeSuki
You have lost your once great spirit
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 22:04   Link #60
Generic Asian Guy
^_^
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
My heart stopped when I saw that picture in Rin's room O_O
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.