AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-04, 20:24   Link #81
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Yeah, well Neena's name is Neena, and Fllay's name is Fllay.

There are going to be differences, but if prior Gundam series are any indication, this is probably going to happen. The predictable writing is just SCREAMING it.
Gundam Seed, and Gundam 00 are written by two completly different people.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 22:53   Link #82
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
As for the Neena thing, I hope Lockon steals her >=D

Either way Setsuna doesn't deserve Neena. If she saved Lockon instead and lip-locked him, that woulda gone a lot differently!

Setsuna=TEH GAYZORZ
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 23:43   Link #83
chrisbad726
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: in your closet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
As for the Neena thing, I hope Lockon steals her >=D

Either way Setsuna doesn't deserve Neena. If she saved Lockon instead and lip-locked him, that woulda gone a lot differently!

Setsuna=TEH GAYZORZ
imo Setsuna is not gay. think about it, since he was a kid he fought andbarely got time to socialize and get to know girls.
chrisbad726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 23:59   Link #84
Papaya
Sup
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Gundam Seed, and Gundam 00 are written by two completly different people.
That matters, how?
All Gundam series share a certain bit of similarity, and I'm not just talking about the presence of Gundams.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 09:16   Link #85
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atop a hill of words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
That matters, how?
All Gundam series share a certain bit of similarity, and I'm not just talking about the presence of Gundams.
You know, you're right, but not in the way most would expect.

Gundam SEED takes its source text from the original Gundam, while Gundam 00 takes its source text from Gundam Wing. Also, these 4 series encompasses what anyone but the more hardcore mecha/gundam fans would know about Gundam, and since 00 and SEED are remakes, of course they are similar to their source texts. Thus, it logically follows that to many people, "All Gundam share a certain bit of similarity".

But if you read/watch the other not-so-very-famous story arcs, you'll find that that statement there no longer holds too much water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbad726 View Post
imo Setsuna is not gay. think about it, since he was a kid he fought andbarely got time to socialize and get to know girls.
And what's more, his social skills with almost everyone in the series averages from "just enough to talk" to "outright terrible" anyway, so there's no way he's gay
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 12:22   Link #86
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
It has not been said anywhere that I'm aware of that Gundam 00 is a remake of Wing. Just a lot of comparision to Wing since it has some similarities.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 17:41   Link #87
musicalcroc
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I can think of 1 reason for Setsuna to be friend with Neena (note the word friend, I'm not into pairing) That is Neena's background is similar to his in one aspect: they're more or less born to fight (Setsuna because of his homeland and Neena because of her breeding) and have almost no normal social interaction (hence their weirdness: Setsuna too introvert and Neena in the opposite direction). Neena may not taste the pain of war like Setsuna but she will be likely to broken down if one of her brothers is killed.
musicalcroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 19:04   Link #88
Papaya
Sup
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
You know, you're right, but not in the way most would expect.

Gundam SEED takes its source text from the original Gundam, while Gundam 00 takes its source text from Gundam Wing. Also, these 4 series encompasses what anyone but the more hardcore mecha/gundam fans would know about Gundam, and since 00 and SEED are remakes, of course they are similar to their source texts. Thus, it logically follows that to many people, "All Gundam share a certain bit of similarity".

But if you read/watch the other not-so-very-famous story arcs, you'll find that that statement there no longer holds too much water.



And what's more, his social skills with almost everyone in the series averages from "just enough to talk" to "outright terrible" anyway, so there's no way he's gay
Well, is there actually any real evidence 00 is based on Wing? I mean, the similarities are huge, but I haven't seen anyone post actual interviews or anything regarding the topic.

As for similarities across series, almost all Gundams have the theme of "the impact of war on kids", the presence of tragic love on the battlefield, and the loss of comrades.

Those are very sweeping themes and different series convey it differently, but so far, 00 hasn't exactly been trailblazing here (not that it's a bad thing). Wing did have a lot of similarities to the UC series though... a united Earth government, for one thing, not to mention the theme of independence in space, colony drops, etc.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 20:12   Link #89
Heliopolis
hodie mihi, cras tibi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: the Netherlands
I hope Setsuna will finish off Ali el Serges soon
Heliopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 20:18   Link #90
Papaya
Sup
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanon78 View Post
I hope Setsuna will finish off Ali el Serges soon
I hope not, though it's inevitable = (
Ali is the only actual REAL bad guy in the series so far, you know.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 21:22   Link #91
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post

Gundam SEED takes its source text from the original Gundam, while Gundam 00 takes its source text from Gundam Wing. Also, these 4 series encompasses what anyone but the more hardcore mecha/gundam fans would know about Gundam, and since 00 and SEED are remakes, of course they are similar to their source texts. Thus, it logically follows that to many people, "All Gundam share a certain bit of similarity".
I keep having to use this line over and over, but just because you say something doesn't make it true.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 13:04   Link #92
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Setsuna=TEH GAYZORZ
Do people label male characters gay just because they have no real interest in girls?

THERE IS A WAR GOING ON PEOPLE.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 13:54   Link #93
digi.amuro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Do people label male characters gay just because they have no real interest in girls?

THERE IS A WAR GOING ON PEOPLE.
No there isnt...tho I agree w/ what you are trying to say
__________________
digi.amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 20:33   Link #94
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
4ch may not be the bastion of intelligence on the net, but you can get some good insights once in a while, as in the case of picking apart some aspects of Setsuna's character through his being Kurdish, and a most interesting observation:

Quote:
Bonus note: kurds believe it's taboo to wear the color blue because it's a holy color.
... Guess what color the Exia is?

And considering that the Exia was originally grey (from the FG Exia Rollout colors), combined with Setsuna's Gundam = God and "I will become the Gundam" lines...having Exia blue somehow makes sense in-universe, and in character as well. (Asides from the whole traditional Gundam colors reason).
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 22:27   Link #95
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 25
Interesting....so blue is a holy color? Setsuna really wants to become a God
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 04:14   Link #96
Byakko1011
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
I hope not, though it's inevitable = (
Ali is the only actual REAL bad guy in the series so far, you know.
I hope Ali doesn't die because he is the only character so far to actually pose a serious threat to the Gundams in a mobile suit. I mean Graham is a good pilot and all, but he used to fight with two other pilots and now fights with an entire squad. Ali has taken on a Gundam by himself three times now, while Graham has only done it once (taking on Dynames doesn't count as his two squad members were nearby).

Overall, I think this Neena and Setsuna thing will set the two up for a good fight or at least an attempt on Marina's life.
Byakko1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 05:32   Link #97
Ichimaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakko1011 View Post
I hope Ali doesn't die because he is the only character so far to actually pose a serious threat to the Gundams in a mobile suit. I mean Graham is a good pilot and all, but he used to fight with two other pilots and now fights with an entire squad. Ali has taken on a Gundam by himself three times now, while Graham has only done it once (taking on Dynames doesn't count as his two squad members were nearby).

Overall, I think this Neena and Setsuna thing will set the two up for a good fight or at least an attempt on Marina's life.
i think you are underrating Graham here

his priority when fightin with his squad, as a captain he cant put his own interest above his squads interest, they are basically putting there lives in his hands, since they follow his commands out in combat.

If he was put in a situation to fight by himself, he would go all out....

PS. i hope setsuna or any of the original meisters doesnt change factions....
__________________
SHINSOU
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 19:07   Link #98
musicalcroc
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
4ch may not be the bastion of intelligence on the net, but you can get some good insights once in a while, as in the case of picking apart some aspects of Setsuna's character through his being Kurdish, and a most interesting observation:

Bonus note: kurds believe it's taboo to wear the color blue because it's a holy color

... Guess what color the Exia is?

And considering that the Exia was originally grey (from the FG Exia Rollout colors), combined with Setsuna's Gundam = God and "I will become the Gundam" lines...having Exia blue somehow makes sense in-universe, and in character as well. (Asides from the whole traditional Gundam colors reason).
Yeah, I check that info. Blue is indeed the holy colour of the Kurdish because it's the colour of the sky. If Exia is blue with that meaning then someone did do his homework.
Setsuna wants to become a God? And he is far from being an excellent Gundam pilot. Is it a counter/sarcasm to Kira's "God mode"?
musicalcroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 19:32   Link #99
digi.amuro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Somehow I feel that from that comment, we'll see Death Note parodies of Setsuna.

Setsuna: Once I learn to control the power of Gundam, I will become the god of the new world.

__________________
digi.amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 18:41   Link #100
neoeagle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalcroc View Post
Yeah, I check that info. Blue is indeed the holy colour of the Kurdish because it's the colour of the sky. If Exia is blue with that meaning then someone did do his homework.
Setsuna wants to become a God? And he is far from being an excellent Gundam pilot. Is it a counter/sarcasm to Kira's "God mode"?

woho .someone really has done his homework.

00 has really good writers. I think setsuna is atheist now( after that shity HOLY WAR he went through).So there is a possibility he wants to become a god.

Last edited by neoeagle; 2008-02-10 at 18:54.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.