AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-07, 17:29   Link #19401
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
And his second in command:
Spoiler:

OMG it is Boo!
Old 2008-02-07, 20:27   Link #19402
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

All right, I seem to have landed myself in one of those realms that no one has ever treaded before, and it's proving to be a major canon breaker to me. Anyway, although this should be placed somewhere in the Magic and Technology thread, I thought I'd start a little here before proceeding there because ... uhm, technically speaking, it isn't so much about technology or that stuff than something more ... uh, esoteric.

Here's the case (those following on the previous discussion on energy-Mana should be familiar with this premise):

We all know that mages have Linker Cores, organs that store magical energy (Mana) in their body. When a spell is cast, the mage consumes Mana in their body to feed the spell. Since Mana is part of the body's energy reserves, using up a lot of it in powerful spellcasting affects the mage's physiological health (strain). Some spells, like Starlight Breaker, utilizes the mage's own Mana to collect free Mana from the atmosphere to charge the spell. Mana Conversion Affinity simply converts the mage's own reserves into physical energy. That's the gist of it.

Now, what I'm proposing is that since mages typically use up their own Mana reserves, there are some observable signs that relate to an individual mage. The first would be the color of their aura (i.e. spell sigil). This color is unique for a particular mage, but it isn't a strong indication since closely-related colors can be subject to a person's perception.

A second sign (which is, admittedly, probably the most difficult to understand) is the mage's disposition when casting the particular spell. That is, the intention of the mage him or herself. The intention does not alter how a particular spell would end up as (i.e. a healing spell will generally heal and not destroy), but it changes what the spell feels like.

Again, healing spells heal, but depending on the mage, the feeling can be different (i.e. Shamal's healing spell is gentle, warm, and relaxing; another mage's healing spell gives an entirely different feeling that is distinguishable, but generally unnoticed). The same goes for offensive spells (i.e. Nanoha's attacks almost always feel powerful, strong, and intensely passionate; Fate's probably determined, wild, and bursting with energy like lightning). If their intention changes, so does the 'feeling' (although, I must stress again that it would not cause a damaging spell to not damage at all).

The purpose of the distinction, in any case, need not relate directly to canon. I mean, I understand that it sounds rather far-fetched (ridiculous even ), so this is rather a plot device to enhance the storyline. I made this up just to differentiate between Mana and Elements (Templars' version of magic fuel). The latter draws powers from the lands, so the feeling is more elemental than intentional (i.e. Sharazad's wave attack 'feels' like 'an entire ocean raging against her', or something like that).

Well, that's just it. I mention it in advance so as to see whether it's "conceivable" or not. If it is, it's good for me . If it isn't, I have a retcon ready.

P/S: Won't be around for a reply until Monday.
Old 2008-02-07, 21:16   Link #19403
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Yes...it should be interesting. Perhaps a sign of things of come? Oh, and he is still single

Shamsel: Oi...

And I can't seem to find Naomi's profile link...
Naomi's profile.

OFM Index page.

....this... may have potential. Shamsel pursuing Naomi...Although he'll have to vy with Alan Aiken, one of TK's OCs, who's carrying a torch for Naomi and pursuing her. He's fighting a loosing battle; while he pursues Naomi, Naomi is oblivious to him as she pursues Franz, who is oblivious to her intentions and pursues his neverending goal of eliminating paperwork.... as of around StrikerS, that is. Post-Strikers/Before Alpha... anything can happen.

(Timeline wise, IIRC TK and I decided that Naomi and Alan would only First Meet Cute after the big Cradel battle, sometime in late autumn-winter MC0075 or early spiring.)

But as for Alpha.... well, let's just say that Kagerou and I have plans to take Naomi and Franz's relationship in a certain direction. You can PM him for details and stuff.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-07, 22:35   Link #19404
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
All right, I seem to have landed myself in one of those realms that no one has ever treaded before, and it's proving to be a major canon breaker to me. Anyway, although this should be placed somewhere in the Magic and Technology thread, I thought I'd start a little here before proceeding there because ... uhm, technically speaking, it isn't so much about technology or that stuff than something more ... uh, esoteric.

Here's the case (those following on the previous discussion on energy-Mana should be familiar with this premise):

We all know that mages have Linker Cores, organs that store magical energy (Mana) in their body. When a spell is cast, the mage consumes Mana in their body to feed the spell. Since Mana is part of the body's energy reserves, using up a lot of it in powerful spellcasting affects the mage's physiological health (strain). Some spells, like Starlight Breaker, utilizes the mage's own Mana to collect free Mana from the atmosphere to charge the spell. Mana Conversion Affinity simply converts the mage's own reserves into physical energy. That's the gist of it.

Now, what I'm proposing is that since mages typically use up their own Mana reserves, there are some observable signs that relate to an individual mage. The first would be the color of their aura (i.e. spell sigil). This color is unique for a particular mage, but it isn't a strong indication since closely-related colors can be subject to a person's perception.

A second sign (which is, admittedly, probably the most difficult to understand) is the mage's disposition when casting the particular spell. That is, the intention of the mage him or herself. The intention does not alter how a particular spell would end up as (i.e. a healing spell will generally heal and not destroy), but it changes what the spell feels like.

Again, healing spells heal, but depending on the mage, the feeling can be different (i.e. Shamal's healing spell is gentle, warm, and relaxing; another mage's healing spell gives an entirely different feeling that is distinguishable, but generally unnoticed). The same goes for offensive spells (i.e. Nanoha's attacks almost always feel powerful, strong, and intensely passionate; Fate's probably determined, wild, and bursting with energy like lightning). If their intention changes, so does the 'feeling' (although, I must stress again that it would not cause a damaging spell to not damage at all).

The purpose of the distinction, in any case, need not relate directly to canon. I mean, I understand that it sounds rather far-fetched (ridiculous even ), so this is rather a plot device to enhance the storyline. I made this up just to differentiate between Mana and Elements (Templars' version of magic fuel). The latter draws powers from the lands, so the feeling is more elemental than intentional (i.e. Sharazad's wave attack 'feels' like 'an entire ocean raging against her', or something like that).

Well, that's just it. I mention it in advance so as to see whether it's "conceivable" or not. If it is, it's good for me . If it isn't, I have a retcon ready.

I like this idea. It certainly makes sense to me, and imho can be a great character detail.

I wonder if this kind of personalisation can be to the sigils as well. Not everyone might understand the same magic system in the same way, and I have always thought that their sigils should have some slight changes or modifications to reflect this difference in perception.

Btw this may be off-topic, but in Wicca, witches are actually advised not to perform magick when they're feeling negative (tired, irritated, angry. etc). The reason is that whatever that comes out will be affected by how they feel during the ritual. If let's say you're working on a healing spell for one of your sick friends, but have just walked out of a heated quarrel with him, chances are that your resentment/anger towards him will at best weaken or negate the effect, or at worse unintentionally cause it to have some adverse effects (like worsening the ailment). This advice seems to apply for all other esoteric systems as well IIRC, which also makes grounding yourself before and after any ritual a very important procedure.

Signature by liro
Old 2008-02-07, 22:41   Link #19405
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Yeah, run Freedom, run away!

Or maybe you should use the Exia...

*yells after Lowe* Do it nice and slow now!!!!

*runs too*
If I'm going to run, I need to run at...

LUDICROUS SPEED

*RUNS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenahort Charybdis
Xena: And I was so sure that my Battlenet was not on at that time.

Ashcroft: Dat was the computer downstairs there.

Xena: WHAT?! No way...

Ashcroft: Well, Sorry, Blame It on Me.

Xena: And that's not hardly good enough, I tell ya.

Rey: Hacking complete...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenahort Charybdis
Really?

Oh well, I was always fond of slackers.

*Jots down some more notes*

Xena's List of Things to Do (III)

5. Use Blue Text for BLUECHEESIUM and Red Text for HOTBLOOD
6. Try to keep more things original for now on.

Spoiler for The rough plan for everything Ravenholm:
On #5: Optional, that's just force of habit for me
On #6: While originality and uniqueness is obviously desired, can't avoid having similarities at times, so don't feel bad about it

And planning to have Ashcroft meet Teana sometime soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
There is only one man who can stand in Asagi's path.

Spoiler for Aku wo Tatsu Tsurugi:

To counter Lowe's Crack, I give this great crack! I shall place him into the OC! Who do you think he is? The awesome manliness that can beat Sentai! The Sword that cleaves evil!

I don't think he's gonna match Asagi's strikes blade to blade... he's going to OBLITERATE her with One Stroke, Two Halves

Asagi: SHISHOU!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Wait what is all this crack going around in here!? This place never makes any sense to me! QUICK I NEED A UPDATE HERE.
This place never makes sense

Quote:
Ah, the weakness of the dedicated fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki
Bwahaha
Hmm...now that I think about it, Ryotaro is like a Super Sentai team...just all in one package
But he's more Kamen Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki
Ph34r the fangirls

Ryotaro: Won't you let me string you along?
Asagi: Taiyo-kun!!!!!!!

Julie: Probably...
Mayura: Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Just grab a remote and hit rewind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Hey everyone, I'm back. No backlog breaker right now because I am somewhat busy at work, but I have been reading some of it this morning.

I was actually expecting to have at least some internet access this past week, but some idiots stole the telephone lines, leaving the entire town without telephone and internet. Thus, I was not able to continue writing my OC's profiles , but I will still push on to release them soon.

Oh, and the Persona anime is AWESOME (though I know it will not interest some people, especially those who have not played the game). Surely Aaron and Nighty will enjoy it as much as me.
So THAT's where you've been, was wondering which deep and dark pit you've fallen into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio
Mai already knows what lies ahead in bed thanks to her scrying ball...

*runs*
That she does... all too well

*RUNS*

Quote:
Yay! Welcome back Erio!!

And what the crap? Are they that desperate for copper to re-sell?
In this world, people will do just about anything for a quick buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post

You're joking, right?

Have you even READ Hellboy?
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito

LOWE-ANIKI!!!!
Yes, how may I help you?

Quote:
I only want 1 thing to be said eventually:

"My god, what have I done?"

Quote:
Does Aika really say that...didn't strike me as the Tsun type...
Well she is somewhat tsun, though not in a violent manner

Quote:
It's EXACTLY what it sounds like, Matsuri-ecchi...
Matsuri: NO IT'S NOT!!!

It's... it's the cat yeah, the cat!

Rachelle: Matsuri dear, we don't have cats

Quote:
Arcas: LOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Blazing Arrow Ray Storm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lowe-hentai
It's just a steamy kiss by Grandis to Hayate you know

*runs*

Quote:
It's EXACTLY what it looks like, Matsuri.
Rachelle: *nods*

I would've thought you'd start sooner...

Matsuri: MOM!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
So, the reason I've been gone for most of the week is due to a life crisis.

Not sure, but I think some of you know I'm a science major and work in a research lab.

Well, that's changed recently.

Apparently, labs at my school are only allowed a certain amount of personnel...which my former exceeded recently.

Result: they had to drop some people - on the order of 1 person.

And since they couldn't do that to any of the graduate students (Heaven Forbid!), it needed to be an undergrad.

Which turned out to be me because, in the words of the head cheese:

"You've been here the least amount of time, and you're leaving in a month or two. And besides, there's been no progress on your current project since December."

Never mind that I put in triple the amount of time my undergrad compatriots do.

Never mind that I'm a senior, who has learned & understands the concepts we're using, whereas all but one of my compatriots are just FRESHMEN.

Never mind that we've had TWO new transfer grad students who the head cheese COULD have sent elsewhere.

Never mind that the reason for lack of progress was faulty equipment, which is the better part of a decade old.

Never mind that I may be COMING BACK to this school when I'm a grad student.

And NEVER MIND that I'm the ONLY undergrad, and one of the three people (out of a dozen or so) that comes to work on the WEEKEND - which ANYONE with a passion for research SHOULD be doing.

No, screw that! Screw every reason to keep me!

I tried to convince the head chesse to keep me. I begged; I pleaded; I told him I'd double the hours I'm putting in NOW. I told him that if I was accepted at this grad school, I'd come and work in his lab. I told him that I had volunteered to give a presentation on the research I was doing for his lab for one of my classes.

Nothing. Nada. Zero.

Apparently, the only thing that matters is how much they can squeeze out of me.

And the truth is, this couldn't have come at a worse possible time.

Around here, February is the month that students apply to graduate schools. And a major part of that is having a letter of recommendation from a research professor in your major (non-research is okay, but less desirable). NOW, since I'm no longer officially part of the lab, the head cheese is under no obligations to write me one (and now, frankly, I'm not so sure I WANT one from him anyway). So, I've got to find a new lab - one that'll take someone about 2 months away from graduation, get in, and get a letter...

IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS.

Yeah, I'm probably screwed, no thanks to General Cheesehead.

And if you want to know what he looks like:

TRY THIS.

Oh yes, I'M PISSED.

ROYALLY!

Either "Regius" here is really oblivious, or he has a personal vendetta against you

Whatever it is, you do have three weeks, spend it well, and good luck

Quote:
Time to toss out a rough idea of Aegina von Bronquia here... Even though none of you can help me here at all since none of you know anything about Varista. I just feel like it and it helps to type out my ideas sometimes so I can keep them...

Spoiler for Aegina von Bronquia:

Now how many people will actually notice this amongst the backlog is beyond me...
EDIT:
Minor fix. Used the wrong term.
And as a gift "von" in Varistan means "of the Family".
The Emperor? EMPEROR?!?!?!

[Space Marine] FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!!! [/Space Marine]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
...oh I am so gonna love it when Naomi and Shamsel meet.

Both: "...WE USE THE SAME DEVICES."
Shamsel: *thinking* Hey, she's kinda cute though.
Naomi: *thinking* Where's my brother?
And Naomi now finds herself in a love square

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou
XDDD Oh god, yes. The Belkarangers might also be showing up for the second half of Alpha.

@Thread: Yes, it's possible to do this, as for the second half of Alpha, the TSAB pulls in nearly every capable mage they have on hand, no matter their eccentricities. OFM, Aces, Wolkenritter, Belkaranger, Hotblood, Kamen Riders, whatever they have. This probably results in the kind of fight where you know they're in there, somewhere, but you don't know what they're doing.
Can't wait to see what you've got planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou
Who said Lancenger was a joke?
Asagi: NOT ME!!!!!
Mayura: Me neither!
Julie: Neither do I

Quote:
A little something to devour.

The following is a set of composite sound effects I made when working on my sound file. I have them listed. This is not every single sound I used (Something like... forty effects +), just ones that were composite effects.
http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1677222/

You might find them useful for... something.

The next is a list of the most complicated sound effects scenes played without the ambience of the background, the music, or voices.
http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1677236/
Nice

Quote:
Remembered what I was gonna mention.
@Thread: Many characters are going to get hurt in Alpha, and there are some characters that will die... that is, when I decide who (I already have a few listed). If your OC is in a nearly life-ending situation and they get hurt severely to the point where everyone else thinks they died, I will PM and ask for permission. I know a lot of people won't fly with this, so this is why I'm asking

And it's not that hard to substitute a grunt for an OC, but what has more impact? Random Grunt 91273 getting devoured, or, say, Keroko fighting off swarms of enemies before she finally succumbs to fatigue and falls under the Swarm? (Not gonna happen, btw, as I have plans for Keroko... delicious plans XDD).
Man, this is gonna hurt

As long as the concerned parties are forewarned, I think it'll be alright... methinks...

*wails and laments for 100 days and 100 nights*

And what kind of... delicious plans I wonder?

*Runs from ICB*

Quote:
No one ever cares about redshirts Everyone knows you have to form a attachment to a character and then suddenly kill them and cause the tears to flow!
I sounded so evil right there.
Truer Words Have Never Been Spoken

Quote:
Random thought...

Nanoha + Powerthirst = !!!?

Now I've got to use it as a joke somewhere in my writing. *Heads off to write.*
I know the answer to this one!

Nanoha + Powerthirst = Third Impact

*Runs from SLB*

Quote:

I don't see what's so canon breaking about this one. If you're talking about "feeling" in a merely psychological fashion, then it is possible. If you want to add concrete sensory distinctions, we can considering that the Linker Core is an organ that uses magic, thus magic spells could give someone different feelings to different spells. Probably won't be anything conscious and distinct, rather like how a room would give someone strange creepy vibes even though nothing's scary there. The feeling would depend from person to person.

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
Old 2008-02-07, 22:50   Link #19406
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
I love history. This will be a good story, I can feel it in my veins. Are we going biblical here, or more Tale of Gilgmesh here?
Tale of Gilgamesh. Among others, of course.

I'm open to the idea of building up a mythology (or several) for Midchilda, to match our own. We toss around references like "herculean" or "Eve's apple" (even though it was just as much the snake's) or "star-crossed lovers" (which is actually generically astrological, but we know it best from Romeo and Juliet) or even "poisoned apple" (may be generic, but most famously from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs), and it would be highly probable that the Midchildans have their own set.

And yes, I am tempted (but will not do) to have my characters randomly talking about Darmok and Jilad at Tenagra.

The major assumption, of course, is that the current civilization containing the TSAB on Midchilda actually originated from Midchilda. Legends about the two moons aren't really applicable if the civilization travelled to Midchilda after the age of mythology and in the age of science. Ie, they don't try to come up with story stories to explain phenomena, but instead use scientific hypotheses, which may well be a duller kind of story.
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
Old 2008-02-08, 00:13   Link #19407
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:

You lot will forgive me for saying this, but I thought that was actually how it worked all along...

That said, as I understand the canon, this isn't out of place at all. I think the whole personality type/feeling thing makes perfect sense, especially given how many personality types exist both in Canon and Cadia. All I can say is go for it.

I know you're the first to put the idea in writing, but is this a concept you'd be okay with letting me other writers also make use of?
Old 2008-02-08, 00:28   Link #19408
Tormenk

song atm: Shijun no Zankoku - Yousei Teikoku

Backlog-tan is beyond scary now orz. Quite a lot to go through so apologies if I missed anything.

Pulling out the biggest from future spells:

???: "Breaker 3 set."

HOWLING STARLIGHT BREAKER: ERADICATION BURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Not sure what you mean, but...

Spoiler for It's SHOPPING TIME!!!!:

Looking great there Mai.

Quote:
We're barely scratching the surface. The next scene suggests something else that's bringing Nanoha down that's either gonna get intriguing... or get me crucified.
Great gain comes with great risk. Either it's rise high or fall low.

Quote:
Perhaps it's a seiyuu joke? Anyone know if the two have worked in the same anime?
Yup. Came from the Yuuno/Arf pairing since Arf's VA also voiced Suiseiseki.

Oh the drama. Tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

*takes a deep breath*

[I]
lol. Aces don't have a area to grind then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
.... You're a cruel person, giving me all that Syn character development and hitting it spot on. It's like Tesla all over again!

As for Nanoha, I find it likely that she is so down, concidering the madness revolves around Vivio. I mean, we know Nanoha gets emo when things revolve around Vivio, we've even been shown that in the anime.
Next in line for the popular character trend.

And more ideas on how to exploit use Vivio.

Quote:
Hey what's this? An honest to goodness profile from Lowe? What's going on here?

*ehem*

Right, less talk, and more PROFILE TIME

And this first part is for the FIERY ADVENTURER
SUPA SENTAI TAMASHII personified. Love the humor here as well.

Quote:
It's called the "Aura of Shafting", highly effective at making you insignificant, unimportant, forgettable or just plain ineffective
Who's the one emitting it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Spoiler:

*runs*
EX FREAKING DEE

Quote:
Nanoha actually gets worse as Vivio slowly follows, but both of them reach this point (that won't be discussed for spoiler purposes), when the whole thing explodes. Episode 6 is when I'm planning on a lot of major stuff happening, though it all requires the lead-up to it as well.

keke, working on it. I have the next few scenes planned out as follows:
IV: Hayate/Wolkenritter
V: Keroko, becomes part of
VI: OFM introduction
VII: Back to Vivio/Nanoha with a little Fate and Kha added.
VIII: Concluding scene.

Thanks. Things will happen... big things, that begin to unravel the ties that bind and causes bonds to break.

Now you have me real hooked.

Quote:
Backlog crashing later, to start of, Syn's Alpha profile:
Balance is the key as always.

Wonder with their preference for fists if V and S ever got into a fistfight.

Quote:
Time for the first post of my new OC
Nice showcase of Ryutaro's abilities. And that was comedy win there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
You want something powerful, go see what Tormenk done with Katrina. That's what most of us expect for something that's really haxxed.
Not sure if I should be happy for that. I still have no idea how her first draft (summoner under the TSAB) spiraled out into the current character.

Well I am mighty proud of writing her history at the least.

Quote:
You can break me, but you can never kill me. For as long as I have a duty to fulfill, you can never overcome me, Backlog Daemon!

The Light is my Soul...

Dakara...

Waga tamashii no chikara wo misete-morau ze!

SOL BREAKER!!!
*watches as Saya-tan promptly mutates back with a grin*

Quote:
Nice... A rough on the edges best pal... Every good girl needs one!

And not to mention both girls use their fists a lot... I pity their uke, wherever they are...
Their? Ah yes they should share a guy. Saves the other guy from alot of pain.

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Attempting backlog breaking. The Crack has been rather... healthy these days, no?
Can't say I prefer this over the ghost-town syndrome. Still though.

Quote:
HELL YEAH!

Btw the Spell Oven just churned these out:
Nice ideas and the thought behind them. Loved them both. Doppelganger will be highly useful and Planet Cracker can be toned down to something of SS level. Still haven't seen any of those from the Princess of Nukes. :3

Quote:
Actually the concept is that the weapon is somewhat like a interface to the outer world for the Being residing within the person (note the blatant copypasta from SnS ). But that idea of a magically-attuned weapon gives me some ideas .

*runs off to hammer things out*
Artificial or organic being?

Quote:

Xena's List of Things to Do (II):

4. Write nothing that attempts to incorporate elements of modern heavy automatic machinery into anything more powerful than the average generic magic device.
Actually anything is fine as long as it doesn't go into the red levels of h4xx. And suspect information about tech. Tech has always been a headache here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
First try on a OC, it took me longer than I expected.
Everything seems in place for the extra effort. Great work giving the introduction of Roland here.

Quote:
Well, it is disjointed, to be fair. However, it shows a concurrence. The first three plots, and then the fourth, all happen at the same time; The Out of Shadow/Into Light arc (Nanoha and Vivio's) is meant to be full of drama with a little action to punctuate said drama, and builds up our title character for the second half of the story. The second arc, White Tempest, is a giant information dump that not only gives a certain character time in the limelight (*coughcoughHayatecoughcough*), but will allow the reader to understand what the hell is going on, especially during the second half (it could be said that some of the info found in this arc would be required lest the plot make no sense XD).

The Third Arc (Unnamed as of now), focuses on the OFM, mine and Goose's OCs, although there is light interception of other people's OCs (Keroko's first appearance in the story actually starts off this arc), and provides another backdrop; one that will become integral to the story proper, especially in the second half. Finally, the Investigation of Sin arc, one that doesn't actually start for a couple chapters, focuses on what I believe to be an unlikely duo (Fate and Acous, later Teana) gallavanting throughout Ordered Space to try and solve a few mysteries. This arc is intended to be borderline thriller/mystery with a good bit of survival horror thrown in for good measure.

Moving on, as you've noted, and as Keroko says later, I believe, Syn is to Fate as Vivio is to Nanoha. Innuendo is over nine-thousand.
Write faster!

Quote:
About TK... I PM'd him about the whole issue, and his response was... well, interesting. Suffice to say that thanks to the mod police we won't be seeing him much.
He got banned? That's harsh.

Quote:
With the wolkies and all the blatant norse names tossed around, its not a matter of 'impression' Seriously, Ragnarok Breaker, need you get more obvious?
Well no. Though Hayate alone can't really equate the rest.

Quote:
I queried the mod in question, explaining that the posts were on-topic in the context of OC and that we desperately rely on TK's haxbusting; White Manju Bun replied to me that someone reported TK's posts as flaming, and the mods agreed it was flaming. White Manju Bun's interpretation of off-topic apparently stemmed from an unfamiliarity with OC, which I cleared up about, but remained adamant that it was a joint moderation team decision to delete the posts as they were flames. Which I feel is a great pity.
*shakes head and sighs*

Quote:
TK isn't here! He's not around! But in our hearts and in our haxbuster rifles, he lives in OC still! So long as this heart beats, the spirit of Haxbuster lives in me!
So..

TK = Kamina

WG = Simon

*runs*

Quote:
If you have to ask if it's overpowered, it probably is. If you have to ask if it's hax, it most likely is. Remember that, people!
Saved.

Quote:
To be honest, I think more than a few of us also felt that the only person who could have haxbusted the new guy was TK. Once I saw the link to Spacebattles, I said, "Alright. fuck this, the only person who can haxbust this is TK."
lol. line for line.

Quote:
Guess it's time I start my own division...

Division 66, NERV
LOL. I just knew it was a matter of time before someone ported NERV over. Good work setting it up nonetheless.

Lastly, good thing Gendou isn't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

As for me, I'm giving her some more support and psuedo-summon spells.
Here're some samples...

Whiffy...
Yay for more spells in Hayate's arsenal.

Quote:

I smell a potential use for the Grani spell...

"PUT ME DOWN!!!!!!!!"

...yup, don't piss off Hayate.
The image of every target approaching Hayate being flung away like pinballs is pure laughs. XDD

Quote:

And, there is one way the mistletoe could defeat Baldur Field...

*hangs mistletoe on top of Hayate*

*Invokes Holiday Tradition*

*Grandis >>>> Hayate*

*RUNS*
FIRST BLOOD!

*RUNS*

Quote:
Asagi: Age matters not, BUT THE BURNING HEROIC SPIRIT WITHIN US!!!!
Smith: THE PASSIONATE MANLY SOUL!!!!!
Wesson: AND THE FIERY COURAGEOUS SPIRIT!!!!!

Asagi:
WARERA WA!!!!
Smith:
ORETACHI WA!!!!!
Wesson:
SUPER HENTAI!!!!!!

Asagi: Sou d-

WESSON, KISAMA DARO!!!!!!!
LOLOLOL

Quote:

Ah yes memories. We never really dealt about that, even when it came to Fate yeah? Looks like more will agree with more Rebuilt crack.

*runs*
Do tell. :3

Quote:
"One Empress to rule them all, and in her presence cast them."

And if Dawn = Drei and Fire = Ein, then Fang = Zwei.

Quote:

I didn't actually realize that I was affecting anything much in here (except, maybe inspiring Chrono to be an Admiral as he should be), but thanks all the same. A lot of the works here have similar effects as well. And yep, the fifth post on the first page is a motherlode of information (dubbed an Infinite Library in itself ).
I wouldn't say inspiring people to write isn't much.

Quote:
The bomb is going to be larger than I thought. Best prepare a bunker.

======

Progress Report
Chapter Six
Word Count: 7.3K (~15%) [I'd be honest that so far in that much words, I've only accounted for three scenes of the long list that's given in the preview.]
Bluecheese Indicator: Extreme
ETA: Undecided. [As soon as it's completed, no doubt.]
Holy crap. This is a bunker-buster.

Quote:
You want that crew-served or man-portable?
Man-portable means operational by just one person? Take that since I'm working with a device after all.

Quote:
Somebody set us up the bomb?
Wut?

Quote:
Yep, THAT kind of Murder-chan

Skuld FTW

*runs*
Who's Skud?

Quote:

Spoiler for We don't all go to Ravenholm...:

That's one down. I got the Department name right, hopefully

I'll try to dig deep into my resources of weird mirror/crystal/(HAKU!!!!) related spell names and come up with something more detailed some time later, Chinese New Year Visitations take more of a toll on me than any kind of love I've ever had.

*I blame it on all. those. goodbyes.*
Nicely done and intergrated here. His illusion spells might need more details but everything's fine anyway.

Quote:
Anyways...

Not sure, but I think some of you know I'm a science major and work in a research lab.

Apparently, labs at my school are only allowed a certain amount of personnel...which my former exceeded recently.

And since they couldn't do that to any of the graduate students (Heaven Forbid!), it needed to be an undergrad.

"You've been here the least amount of time, and you're leaving in a month or two. And besides, there's been no progress on your current project since December."

Never mind that I'm a senior, who has learned & understands the concepts we're using, whereas all but one of my compatriots are just FRESHMEN.

Never mind that we've had TWO new transfer grad students who the head cheese COULD have sent elsewhere.

Never mind that the reason for lack of progress was faulty equipment, which is the better part of a decade old.

And NEVER MIND that I'm the ONLY undergrad, and one of the three people (out of a dozen or so) that comes to work on the WEEKEND - which ANYONE with a passion for research SHOULD be doing.

I tried to convince the head chesse to keep me. I begged; I pleaded; I told him I'd double the hours I'm putting in NOW. I told him that if I was accepted at this grad school, I'd come and work in his lab. I told him that I had volunteered to give a presentation on the research I was doing for his lab for one of my classes.

Nothing. Nada. Zero.

Around here, February is the month that students apply to graduate schools. And a major part of that is having a letter of recommendation from a research professor in your major (non-research is okay, but less desirable). NOW, since I'm no longer officially part of the lab, the head cheese is under no obligations to write me one (and now, frankly, I'm not so sure I WANT one from him anyway). So, I've got to find a new lab - one that'll take someone about 2 months away from graduation, get in, and get a letter...

IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS.

TRY THIS.

Oh yes, I'M PISSED.

ROYALLY!
Ouch. Best of luck getting through this period.

Quote:
Time to toss out a rough idea of Aegina von Bronquia here... Even though none of you can help me here at all since none of you know anything about Varista. I just feel like it and it helps to type out my ideas sometimes so I can keep them...
Liking the girl as I read this. Complete version would be more awesome no doubt.

And yes we need more nymphomaniacs here for GREAT JUSTICE!

*RUNS*

Quote:
I like this idea. It certainly makes sense to me, and imho can be a great character detail.

I wonder if this kind of personalisation can be to the sigils as well. Not everyone might understand the same magic system in the same way, and I have always thought that their sigils should have some slight changes or modifications to reflect this difference in perception.
Both supported. Signils are programs after all so changes from each user to fit their needs are possible.

Quote:
Btw this may be off-topic, but in Wicca, witches are actually advised not to perform magick when they're feeling negative (tired, irritated, angry. etc). The reason is that whatever that comes out will be affected by how they feel during the ritual. If let's say you're working on a healing spell for one of your sick friends, but have just walked out of a heated quarrel with him, chances are that your resentment/anger towards him will at best weaken or negate the effect, or at worse unintentionally cause it to have some adverse effects (like worsening the ailment). This advice seems to apply for all other esoteric systems as well IIRC, which also makes grounding yourself before and after any ritual a very important procedure.
Not too much. The state of awakened Hayate in A's and Lutecia near the end of StrikerS does support the idea somewhat.

Quote:
And Naomi now finds herself in a love square
Other than the situations and scenarios stemming from the idea, a love square makes for a funny image.

Quote:
I know the answer to this one!

Hayate + Powerthirst = Third Impact

*Runs from SLB*
Fixed.

And pumping Powerthirst into Nanoha probably gets you ReBuilt Ramiel.

Now who we got for Zeruel..or Kaworu.

*jumps into a hole*

"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Last edited by Tormenk; 2008-02-08 at 01:42.
Old 2008-02-08, 00:58   Link #19409
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
*Plays On The Road*

Now, for the 3rd Update to Atsuki Boukenshaa's Profile, here's Barrier Jacket, Fighting Style, Devices and Offensive Spells:

Spoiler for MASSIVE:

Next part, Defensive & Auxilliary Spells and Finishing Moves

*phew* That was long
Very big indeed. And I see all that stuff going into Asagi's systems, as well as realize how different Asagi is from the original character that she got her face from. Need to reprogram character data, gimme a sec...

And one more thing. The Sword, Force and Blast spells...

Kha: As souka... I was thinking about them when I made my Striker packs then.
Aurion:

Let me explain. It's a little something I've been playing with see...

In The Cleric Returns, Kha was still suffering from a limited mana pool. To overcome that, he built a mana-battery system with Aurion's help to power his KA, and that came in the form of various backpacks, which Kha called Striker packs as they relied on a team effort to be effective. ()

Sophia then mounted Bellerophon with a Skygrasper-brace to carry an additional Striker pack, be it Sword, Aile or Launcher, into battle, and hence served as Kha's lifeline, running back to the carrier ship for a change every now and then.

For trivia sake, Kha was wearing Aile when he was "KIA" in Cente Gravia...

I said Mwu didn't I?

Since these spells were basic, I guess fanonically they were the inspiration for Kha's 3 Striker packs, ne?

Quote:
So we're slowly but surely crossing over Satashi's works here in OC?

And yes, Roland is looking very useful
Quote:
Wait what?
Quote:
In case you are thinking of it, no Foy does not have gender issues.

Quote:
Mayura: So that's why the Colwell's old Cranagan Bay Amusement Park had a submersible launch ramp...
Julie: And Launch bay doors...
Asagi: AND GOUGOU DUMP!!!!!
Mayura: I think you mean Gear Dump

Julie: But why is Sister Schach so apprehensive about it?

Masaka, could she be-

*is silenced*
As Schach continues on her rambling spree, Caren just smiled it off.

Carym: (thinks) Thankfully they completely missed the point... (looks out the window and jumps) Eh?! We forgot to refill the Church Pool after--

Caren: Something wrong, Onee-chan?
Carym: Nope, nothing of that sort. I got to get back to the command center quick before they notice...

Quote:
Asagi: *clings to Sophia with puppy eyes*

Sempai, can you get me a copy of that? Onegai?! Ne?! Ne?!
Sophia: Jitsuwa... I'm your junior...

Quote:
As demonstrated by Fate and Jacket Purge...

*RUNS*

Quote:
Sore wa... Zettai Zetsubou da...
Quote:
Shinji: Is tha-
Matsuri: IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!!!!!!!

*Flying Aeolia Head in Jar >>> Shinji*

Shinji, you alright?! SHINJI!!

Shinji: Nanda.. korewa...
That Scrying Ball is a public health hazard aparrently.

Quote:
Understood

And don't worry, all the merchandise comes in GRAY
Just fixing the catalogue a little.

Quote:
Asagi:

Taiyo-kun da dekkai kawaii desu ne?

Mayura: Bouken... Silver...

Boy's got taste at least

Julie: ... this will not end well...
I better not reveal what does Taiyo wear under his Vex-frame then.

Quote:
Asagi: Where'd that come from? Hayai
Carym and Schach hides the tri-component real sentai weapon behind the pew.

Quote:
Mai: ...

Mai Enna, Exterminate.

Ike, Fangs.

*GN Fangs >>>> Kha*

Smith: Mai, you need more HOTBLOOD!!!!
*pulls a Fang out of arm*

Ow! I agree...

Quote:
... I guess you'll be seeing the 50th Generation of Belkarangers far into the future then, fighting against the ancient tyranny and EVIL of the Braunmuhl Empire
*Artei and Asagi Lightning-gaze each other*

Quote:
*Burning DaiVoyager foot >>>> Artei & Wesson*

Asagi: DON'T DEFILE THE SUPER SENTAI NAME!!!!!

... Wait a minute, isn't this-?!?!?!?!

AkaRed: Alright, loan's over, time to get my powers back.

Asagi: *clings to AkaRed*

YOU'RE GONNA GET TAKEN HOME!!!!

AkaRed: NANI?!?!?!
Too disturbed, AkaRed souls flee, leaving Asagi holding on to--

Nanoha: Are? What am I doing here?

*RUNS*

Quote:

And Hellboy you shall be forever...

*sends Hellboy Kha on Container Ship to Hell*
I'LL BE BACK......

Quote:

Nove as Thrud?

COMPUTES

*runs from Inazuma Juuryoku Otoshi*

Asagi: Is that Dynaman?!?!

Quote:
There is only one man who can stand in Asagi's path.

Spoiler for Aku wo Tatsu Tsurugi:

To counter Lowe's Crack, I give this great crack! I shall place him into the OC! Who do you think he is? The awesome manliness that can beat Sentai! The Sword that cleaves evil!
He's been OC-fied 4 times now... Beating Saber's record of 3 and Archer's record of 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
So I come in to check out the general thread, and hwe have

Supe Lyrical Wars

Riders... Super Sentai.. and I thought

Did my /m/ crossover with nanoha? If so, Then this is an even better homage/combination of universes than Turn A! So, before I post my idea for several one shots, CRACK BUSTA... BEAM!

WildGoose
Spoiler for Cleaved by the sword..:

I just died, went to heaven and found a Grungrst Mk 0. Awsome job... but will we get the Real Men ride each other?... Someone already posted Razel as a sound Knight, so get on that!

Kha
Spoiler for Henshin:

This is sounding awsome, and I like. Will watch

Sheba
Spoiler for Snip:

Your spy is a nice character. Seems like the small guy in the world of awsome power, and as they say. "This seems relevant to my interests."

Evangelion Xgouki
Spoiler for Confidential info:

Hmm, conspiracy, in My Nanoha? Seriously though, this is going to be a darker counter to all the manly fluff around. I am going to enjoy how this all plays out.

Aaron008R
Spoiler for Neo Granzo.... Hayate:

Her spells seem nice, and to her nature, over powered. I hope these spells are like the Tzara bomb, and never have to be used.

USB500
Spoiler for RIDER...:

This fluff made me raise a fist to the sky. The Belkans are the over the top, hotblooded attacks in Nanoha, and it fits. Well done, and 10/10

dkellis
Spoiler for The Past:
I love history. This will be a good story, I can feel it in my veins. Are we going biblical here, or more Tale of Gilgmesh here?

tigerclaw
Spoiler for Base Fluff:

I need to talk to you about this, because I was looking for a base for my OCs

More CRACK BREAKER LATER
This is so gonna be quite a mess.

And I'm more of CRACK fluff, where everything and anything unoriginal freaking hell goes.

Quote:
Wait what is all this crack going around in here!? This place never makes any sense to me! QUICK I NEED A UPDATE HERE.
*presses rewind*

Quote:
You...FORGOT about NAXX? Even after the world-wide Scourge invasion? Although...I dunno if you would have to make it a giant, floating Zigguraut of undeath
I was preparing for military drills day and night during the entire war, was too pooped to participate.

And yes a giant floating anything doesn't exactly make sense given the Plagued's nature...

Quote:
The plot thickens...dun dun dun...

Although I'm not too sure what all this means...>_>
It's Gundam 00 actually. More in due time.

Quote:
NERV will be an active Division lasting through StrikerS (and maybe a plot twist in Kha's ReBuild...)
Indeed, they would be indirectly involved during the Numbers' attack on Einherjar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Hey everyone, I'm back. No backlog breaker right now because I am somewhat busy at work, but I have been reading some of it this morning.

I was actually expecting to have at least some internet access this past week, but some idiots stole the telephone lines, leaving the entire town without telephone and internet. Thus, I was not able to continue writing my OC's profiles , but I will still push on to release them soon.

Oh, and the Persona anime is AWESOME (though I know it will not interest some people, especially those who have not played the game). Surely Aaron and Nighty will enjoy it as much as me.

And these...

...made me LOL

Mai already knows what lies ahead in bed thanks to her scrying ball...

*runs*
Holy fk that sucks. Glad its getting back for now.

Quote:
No, no, you can do it earlier - this is a StrikerS AU, right?

Just make sure she encounters HER HIGHNESS H***** S******* when she does.
Gotcha!

Quote:
Arcas: There, there, Hayate...come here...Nii-san will make it all better...
Hayate: Uyuu~~ Arigatou, Ni-chaan~~

Sophia: O- oi , you're gonna--

Arcas melts.

Sophia: --make the siscon do that.

Quote:

Nothing. Nada. Zero.

IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS.

TRY THIS.

Oh yes, I'M PISSED.

ROYALLY!
If I'd were a bit more insensitive, I'd say you could now go and build the Numbers, and then send No.2 to punish ur head cheese...

But better not. Gambatte! Don't lose hope just yet!

Quote:
No one ever cares about redshirts Everyone knows you have to form a attachment to a character and then suddenly kill them and cause the tears to flow!
I sounded so evil right there.
*hides Tomino plans*

Quote:

Spoiler for Aegina von Bronquia:

Now how many people will actually notice this amongst the backlog is beyond me...
EDIT:
Minor fix. Used the wrong term.
And as a gift "von" in Varistan means "of the Family".
Yeah I did... No replies eh?

Pretty basic, but very bloodstained report, eh?

I think I read of her somewhere in the Codex, but not sure if this is the exact name... Doesn't help we have an OC from the Heresy several hundred pages back () so I dunno if they are on the same side or opposite...

...but the Fate Testarossa prisoner bit has me going .

*sees darkaura!Kha in Chaosform walk pass*

Then again, since we all know that Thomas Kluize is really who the God Emperor is, I guess it's okay to a certain extent. ...

*RUNS*
Old 2008-02-08, 01:15   Link #19410
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Saint X: Had to move posts around...

Quote:
Does Aika really say that...didn't strike me as the Tsun type...
There are a lot of things to learn Boya~ </Evangeline>

just typing in those words is making me shiver- as one of the many people that need to learn more things

Quote:
@Thread: Yes, it's possible to do this, as for the second half of Alpha, the TSAB pulls in nearly every capable mage they have on hand, no matter their eccentricities. OFM, Aces, Wolkenritter, Belkaranger, Hotblood, Kamen Riders, whatever they have. This probably results in the kind of fight where you know they're in there, somewhere, but you don't know what they're doing.
SAINT X APPROVES OF THIS PROPOSAL!

Well I'll let you test the waters of cross-overing first, since one of my works (AlternateS II- on hold for probable S4 input) will involve that plus many more- Otome, pilots of various machines, more sentai?, and heck even Negi and his harem gang!

Quote:
@Thread: Many characters are going to get hurt in Alpha, and there are some characters that will die... that is, when I decide who (I already have a few listed). If your OC is in a nearly life-ending situation and they get hurt severely to the point where everyone else thinks they died, I will PM and ask for permission. I know a lot of people won't fly with this, so this is why I'm asking

And it's not that hard to substitute a grunt for an OC, but what has more impact? Random Grunt 91273 getting devoured, or, say, Keroko fighting off swarms of enemies before she finally succumbs to fatigue and falls under the Swarm? (Not gonna happen, btw, as I have plans for Keroko... delicious plans XDD).
*noted*

But there is one of my OCs that if she dies, has to be replaced with an another OC (still a WIP though) instantly, since this other OC is the "reality" of the other OC. Or on a bettter note, don't include them first...

*rows gondola faster*

Quote:
Finally, someone delving into the esoteric part of the Magic as well...

I'm tuning into your wavelength ATM

I'm all ears/eyes...

Though i'm delving on the Genetic and Mythological part of it...

Quote:

The basic function that is...

Quote:

but to me, color is determined by either the person's alignment (against the so-called life/fate stream) or genetics...

Quote:

Feeling and intent go hand in hand in the creation of a spell- that is what i mostly learned from other things. A sudden change in feeling or intent will change a spell's effects completely IMO.

Quote:

Hmm.. but there is a sort of loophole/weakness, concerning the "land's feelings/intent"

True that one may have mastery of the "land", but it brings up the concern of that land being unresponsive- a sort of "Nature strikes back" thing.

Not much substance for my replies though... sorry if they don't fill up...

@ Lowe

I've managed to find a toned-down package to answer your "Amuse us" question.

Spoiler for Toned Down Crack, I think...:

PM me for the real crack...
Old 2008-02-08, 01:31   Link #19411
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Yup. Came from the Yuuno/Arf pairing since Arf's VA also voiced Suiseiseki.
Aaaaah *understanding*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Who's the one emitting it?
*Accelular points to 7Arcs*

Julie: Hazard level is....It's...IT'S...
Mayura: OVER...
Asagi: 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
*watches as Saya-tan promptly mutates back with a grin*
*shudders*

Quote:
Their? Ah yes they should share a guy. Saves the other guy from alot of pain.

*runs*
Smith: Two heads are...
Wesson: Better than one afterall

*RUNS*

Quote:
Can't say I prefer this over the ghost-town syndrome. Still though.
I think I prefer this OC over the quiet and desolate place it was a couple of weeks ago

Quote:
So..

TK = Kamina

WG = Simon

*runs*
But TK doesn't even like GL

Quote:
The image of every target approaching Hayate being flung away like pinballs is pure laughs. XDD
TILT?

*runs*

Quote:
FIRST BLOOD!

*RUNS*
More like GODLIKE

*dodges*

Quote:
Man-portable means operational by just one person? Take that since I'm working with a device after all.
Yup

Quote:
Who's Skud?
Skuld, youngest of the Three Norns and Goddess of the Future from Ah My Goddess (as shown in the image Admiral Tigerclaw posted).

Quote:
Other than the situations and scenarios stemming from the idea, a love square makes for a funny image.
Naomi's life as a soap opera telenovela?

*dodges flying bolo*

Quote:
Fixed.

And pumping Powerthirst into Nanoha probably gets you ReBuilt Ramiel.

Now who we got for Zeruel..or Kaworu.

*jumps into a hole*

Quote:
And one more thing. The Sword, Force and Blast spells...

Kha: As souka... I was thinking about them when I made my Striker packs then.
Aurion:

Let me explain. It's a little something I've been playing with see...

In The Cleric Returns, Kha was still suffering from a limited mana pool. To overcome that, he built a mana-battery system with Aurion's help to power his KA, and that came in the form of various backpacks, which Kha called Striker packs as they relied on a team effort to be effective. ()

Sophia then mounted Bellerophon with a Skygrasper-brace to carry an additional Striker pack, be it Sword, Aile or Launcher, into battle, and hence served as Kha's lifeline, running back to the carrier ship for a change every now and then.

For trivia sake, Kha was wearing Aile when he was "KIA" in Cente Gravia...

I said Mwu didn't I?

Since these spells were basic, I guess fanonically they were the inspiration for Kha's 3 Striker packs, ne?
You wouldn't have plans to port the Lightning, IWSP and Gunbarrel Strikers would you?

Or heaven forbid, the Most Totally Win And Supremely Awesome NOIR Striker

*ehem*

Well, the Impulse spell descriptions are actually distilled copypasta from Glock's Spell List four months back, just to show how basic the spells actually are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
In case you are thinking of it, no Foy does not have gender issues.
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
As Schach continues on her rambling spree, Caren just smiled it off.

Carym: (thinks) Thankfully they completely missed the point... (looks out the window and jumps) Eh?! We forgot to refill the Church Pool after--

Caren: Something wrong, Onee-chan?
Carym: Nope, nothing of that sort. I got to get back to the command center quick before they notice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Sophia: Jitsuwa... I'm your junior...
Asagi: But you look older than me!!!

Julie: Oh shi-
Mayura: Sonovabi-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
That Scrying Ball is a public health hazard aparrently.
But it does WONDERS for one's... desires.

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Just fixing the catalogue a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
I better not reveal what does Taiyo wear under his Vex-frame then.
Julie: And it's better she doesn't know
Mayura: Maybe you can tell me then-

*whacked*

Aaauch

Julie: No you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Carym and Schach hides the tri-component real sentai weapon behind the pew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
*Artei and Asagi Lightning-gaze each other*

A storm is coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Too disturbed, AkaRed souls flee, leaving Asagi holding on to--

Nanoha: Are? What am I doing here?

*RUNS*
Asagi: Nanoha-san, you're...
Nanoha: Hai, Asagi-san?
Asagi: ...

Can I take you home?
Nanoha: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
I'LL BE BACK......

I know.

They all say that.

*S&W shudder *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
He's been OC-fied 4 times now... Beating Saber's record of 3 and Archer's record of 2.
Real Men's Souls know no bounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Hayate: Uyuu~~ Arigatou, Ni-chaan~~

Sophia: O- oi , you're gonna--

Arcas melts.

Sophia: --make the siscon do that.
Uh-oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I've managed to find a toned-down package to answer your "Amuse us" question.

Spoiler for Toned Down Crack, I think...:

PM me for the real crack...

What is this WIN made out of Meganekko and Awesome?!?!?!?!

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
Old 2008-02-08, 02:44   Link #19412
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか

Quote:
Saint X:Feeling and intent go hand in hand in the creation of a spell- that is what i mostly learned from other things. A sudden change in feeling or intent will change a spell's effects completely IMO.

Hmm.. but there is a sort of loophole/weakness, concerning the "land's feelings/intent"

True that one may have mastery of the "land", but it brings up the concern of that land being unresponsive- a sort of "Nature strikes back" thing.

Not much substance for my replies though... sorry if they don't fill up...
Spoiler for Random Estavalian ideas, not for the scientific-inclined:

Signature by liro
Old 2008-02-08, 03:28   Link #19413
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
Spoiler for Random Estavalian ideas, not for the scientific-inclined:
Ahh... the home advantage theory... I had that planned for AltS I as well... well until Nanoha haxxingly defies something- aka having to use 2 instead of just one magic form- just so happens that the second form is the form of the enemy's as well.

Plausible, but still as the saying goes, Reality is much weirder than fantasy

It can still backfire, if you take some factors into consideration.

well enough of that first...

*throws something into the Ring*

Spoiler for Another Non-descript Magic User!!!:

Skills/Spells and more details later... i Think.

@ Kha: FYI, this is "Hinata Zwei", for MAR use as well- the one that has Magitech on- the one concept you're trying to push me into.

===

@ Lowe: how's the crack shipment i sent you?

*ROWS GONDOLA FASTER*
Old 2008-02-08, 03:54   Link #19414
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
You wouldn't have plans to port the Lightning, IWSP and Gunbarrel Strikers would you?
Several of Kha's armor designs that Saint X ditched during our brainstorming sessions will return in Rebuilt. So...

*checks off boxed pieces of Lightning, IWSP and Gunbarrel lying around in Aurion's basement*

The sad thing is that Kha had the Strike armor blown off of him when he "died", so these pieces, apart from Bellerophon, may never see combat.

Quote:
Or heaven forbid, the Most Totally Win And Supremely Awesome NOIR Striker

*ehem*

And the Lucky Number who receives another of Kha's old gear is... Deed Noir. And let's not forget Blu Cinque (it's all in the shoulder ) and Verde Otto (how's 4 guns for Ray Storm?)

I wanted to give St**** Fr***om to Otto, but then Fr***om was already Dieci's to begin--

[You've said too much.]

Eh?!

*Darry + Mai Throne Combo >>>> Creator-san*

Quote:
Well, the Impulse spell descriptions are actually distilled copypasta from Glock's Spell List four months back, just to show how basic the spells actually are.
Which means I probably said all that several months ago and clean forgot...

Wait no, the Striker packs were only solidified in November I think... Oh sh**

Quote:
Asagi: But you look older than me!!!

Julie: Oh shi-
Mayura: Sonovabi-
Kaleido-sofy: (flaming evil aura) Er... I did not quite catch you properly. Could you please... say that again?
Asagi:

*BelkaBlue and BelkaBlack ditch BelkaRed for the umpteenth time*
Quote:
Julie: And it's better she doesn't know
Mayura: Maybe you can tell me then-

*whacked*

Aaauch

Julie: No you don't.
Gimmy: Is there such a thing as a silver fetish?
Foy: I don't know, but I feel weird if all our polished gear ends up turning them on.
Taiyo: That's why I don't get grown-ups, always thinking in terms of ***.
Foy: More like you're just slow in development. -_-
Taiyo: Nandashite?!
Quote:
A storm is coming...
"The Butler War that will shake the world has started!"

Quote:
Asagi: Nanoha-san, you're...
Nanoha: Hai, Asagi-san?
Asagi: ...

Can I take you home?
Nanoha: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeh?
NxFate: (dark aura, brandishing Bardiche) Say again...?
Fate: Ano... You're in the wrong timeline...

Quote:

I know.

They all say that.

*S&W shudder *
Quote:
Real Men's Souls know no bounds
And all that hotblood is creating several refractions of reality.

Ah sou da. What's that force Asagi is currently in? Does she have an older sister who used to be from the senior Student Council? And of course did you plan to include the other members of the Student Council in that force?

Artei: Just... what are you planning now?!
Creator-san: Selling you to Arisa-chan for 153,237,589 Yen.
Artei: Ah sou-- EEEEEEEH?!
Creator-san: And who was that who wanted to do a OCxTeana pairing? I'd like to know for Rebuilt. Artei gets a new pairing apparently.
Artei: Lost my job... Lost my coolness... Lost my girl... And now I'm being treated like a slave... I think being shafted is a lot better than being shafted around... T_T

Arisa: Hee... So this is my new script? Ooh I like this line... (finds whip)

Arisa: Artei...
Artei: Piss off and leave me alone. T_T
Arisa: [Louise]Is that how you answer your Master, BAKA INU?![/Louise]
Artei: U- USODAAA!

Creator-san: I've finally come up with the perfect make-up for Artei's riches to rags, as well as a new pairing (). Needless to say, this has happened because Keroko existed, and her butterfly effect continues to change the timeline!

Artei: HELP ME!!! T_T

Creator-san: I've also banged out more details about Artei's family, and why the above crack is happening, so it'll all fall into place nicely enough.

Suzuka: Minna-san, Ohaiyo! I hope to see everyone in Midchilda too!

Creator-san: Yes I've been able to give Arisa and Suzuka, as well as the Aces, student visas to study at Gakutenoh Academy for Middle School.

I'm still wondering if giving Suzuka some queer talisman magic is acceptable... As for Burning Arisa...

(Explosion of Void magic sends Artei flying into the sky)

Arisa: How did I do that?

Creator-san: A- anyway! We'll also get to see more of Sophia as a result! ...

Sophia: (sees Artei's current state) But now I'm not so sure about this...

Mahou Itsugi Powered Artei, hajimari-masu!

Old 2008-02-08, 04:09   Link #19415
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Update?!

Just grab a remote and hit rewind...

OH HIGH KING OF LCD, VCR, CRT, LD, CD, DVD, VCD AND HD WE ADORE THEE

Quote:

Unless you pull a Gonzo on us and kill those OCs for not much of a good reason (especially not in the blaze of glory), I don't think anyone here minds their character going out with a bang, even if they must bow out.

Quote:
HEY EVERYBODY!!

Nothing. Nada. Zero.

IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS.

TRY THIS.

Oh yes, I'M PISSED.

ROYALLY!
Eep...Okay, that's really a crisis. But don't give up, we'll be supporting you all the way (even if it's just support over the net.)

Quote:
Saint X:
SAINT X APPROVES OF THIS PROPOSAL!

Well I'll let you test the waters of cross-overing first, since one of my works (AlternateS II- on hold for probable S4 input) will involve that plus many more- Otome, pilots of various machines, more sentai?, and heck even Negi and his harem gang!

*noted*

But there is one of my OCs that if she dies, has to be replaced with an another OC (still a WIP though) instantly, since this other OC is the "reality" of the other OC. Or on a bettter note, don't include them first...

*rows gondola faster*
I smell...a Battle Royale 3 in the making...

XENA JOINS SAINT X IN SUPPORTING THE MOTION!

*Inserts rabid cheerleaders*

And that's all the time I have for now before heading to someone else's place for another CNY visitation, but I'll try to clear Ashcroft's magic by either today or tomorrow...Depending on when I have the time.
Old 2008-02-08, 04:11   Link #19416
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
Several of Kha's armor designs that Saint X ditched during our brainstorming sessions will return in Rebuilt. So...

*checks off boxed pieces of Lightning, IWSP and Gunbarrel lying around in Aurion's basement*

Saint X: so that's where they went!!!

Quote:
I wanted to give St**** Fr***om to Otto, but then Fr***om was already Dieci's to begin--

[You've said too much.]

Eh?!

But i thought Deici was B*****?, or was it D******?

*senses incoming Throne*

Quote:

Saint X: Get back to AU NAO and reinstall all those memory chips you left there!!! I've been left hanging for about a long time now!!!

Quote:
Creator-san: And who was that who wanted to do a OCxTeana pairing? I'd like to know for Rebuilt. Artei gets a new pairing apparently.
I had plans for the Su/Ash/Tea/Ruri conundrum in AltS II...

will that compute?

Quote:

Sore wa, Dekkai shinjitsu desu~

But does that mean that Artei is magically haxx as stated in the Enemies on Mankind list?

Quote:
Saint X: You have 2 MC appearances so far, in my MAR (Midchilda Awakens Romance) and Kha's HnG adaptation story.

*Fuusetsu locking in space*

Quote:
Creator-san: Yes I've been able to give Arisa and Suzuka, as well as the Aces, student visas to study at Gakutenoh Academy for Middle School.
Saint X: Or this story?

*flames are showing*

Quote:
I'm still wondering if giving Suzuka some queer talisman magic is acceptable...
Luckily, Scutum is very versatile, can pull any kind of weapon out or store some talismans like a poshepocket...

*Chobi the Chocobo speeds and kicks Saint X on the fly*

Quote:
As for Burning Arisa...

*Gives Arisa Gladius*

The "Feather form" of that is none other than the Nietono no Shana venerable japanese katana.

Slash away

*Rows Gondola*
Old 2008-02-08, 04:14   Link #19417
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
A-10 AVENGER ULTIMATE STRAFE!

(That's seventery rounds a SECOND b*tch!)

Quote:
Ahh... the home advantage theory... I had that planned for AltS I as well... well until Nanoha haxxingly defies something- aka having to use 2 instead of just one magic form- just so happens that the second form is the form of the enemy's as well.

Plausible, but still as the saying goes, Reality is much weirder than fantasy

It can still backfire, if you take some factors into consideration.

well enough of that first...
Nanoha tends to do Haxx things as she sees fit. I believe the mathematical formula to determin her Haxx level is:

HX = A^2 * FR + 1

Where HX is HaXx level, A is anger, and FR is Friends at Risk.

In this case HAXX LEVEL being a formula of Anger squared, times Friends at Risk Plus one... (That one always being herself invariably so that you don't end up with a 0 calculation...)

Quote:
*throws something into the Ring*

Spoiler for Another Non-descript Magic User!!!:

Durn cyborg infestation... Now, in that 'recording', is that little line about Sudden Outside Noise a cyborg analysis of the noise of birds coming from a TV program?
Because that's a sweet detail to think about if you ask me. Of course, my mind's burned out here at three AM...

Quote:
Skills/Spells and more details later... i Think.

@ Kha: FYI, this is "Hinata Zwei", for MAR use as well- the one that has Magitech on- the one concept you're trying to push me into.

===

@ Lowe: how's the crack shipment i sent you?

*ROWS GONDOLA FASTER*
Multiple hostiles confirmed closing on Gondola...
Engaging at Killbox One Alpha.
:ANGER CLOSE::

Strafing run complete, now I sleep...
"Because people dig birds with swords."
Old 2008-02-08, 04:29   Link #19418
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
A-10 AVENGER ULTIMATE STRAFE!

[Image has been removed for being too off-topic much]

(That's seventery rounds a SECOND b*tch!)
is seventery even a number?

You know in Soviet OC, wrong spelling gets you killed.

*deflects x number of shells back to A-10*

Quote:
Nanoha tends to do Haxx things as she sees fit. I believe the mathematical formula to determin her Haxx level is:

HX = A^2 * FR + 1

Where HX is HaXx level, A is anger, and FR is Friends at Risk.

In this case HAXX LEVEL being a formula of Anger squared, times Friends at Risk Plus one... (That one always being herself invariably so that you don't end up with a 0 calculation...)
House Rule: Haxx has no calculation... because it is Haxx. Haxx can then be eliminated by haxxbusting, which is a pretty good LART...

and thanks to TSC, i have found newfound appreciation for people like TK...

well TBH, I'm kind of like TK too- though i 'haxxbust' fellow employees instead of fellow forumers.

Darn Tier 2s...

*buys a new Otis for Tk*

Quote:
Durn cyborg infestation... Now, in that 'recording', is that little line about Sudden Outside Noise a cyborg analysis of the noise of birds coming from a TV program?
Because that's a sweet detail to think about if you ask me. Of course, my mind's burned out here at three AM...
And there is no such thing as a cyborg infestation- cyborgs are among us already... Just ask the Numbers.

It was the recorder in italics not the person... if you read the context of the transcript of the Callcopy™, then you will know...

Quote:
Multiple hostiles confirmed closing on Gondola...
Engaging at Killbox One Alpha.
:ANGER CLOSE::

[Video has been removed by Saint X due to it being off-topic and somewhat derogatory to the reply it was referencing to]

Strafing run complete, now I sleep...
Uhm... Are you asking SERIOUSLY for T3H LASER POINTER?

I beat you up with an undine's paddle for wrong spelling and you destroy everything as a reply?

spoiled sport

You're bringing war into a planet that has nothing to do with you...

Lowe, he's defiling the Peace and Quiet of Aqua!!!

*uses Capelia to deflect shells*

Andrei: this is tiring, Ren gimme the pointer please...

Saint X: Honestly ATC, It is no longer fun with that kind of post... In fact, it was never fun to begin with... Either you straighten up or I'll let Andrei here IDS you and your many permutations out of the Nanohaverse Permanently...

I am not kidding.

Either that or i can watch the resulting LART between you and TK... which will be fun.

The guys on TSC will be glad at new LARTs being detailed.

Last edited by Saint X; 2008-02-08 at 04:57.
Old 2008-02-08, 05:39   Link #19419
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I had plans for the Su/Ash/Tea/Ruri conundrum in AltS II...

will that compute?
That's computing.

Quote:
Sore wa, Dekkai shinjitsu desu~

But does that mean that Artei is magically haxx as stated in the Enemies on Mankind list?
If Arisa and Artei ever awaken their destiny...

...and Monohoshizao, which isn't even a device, starts talking.

Quote:
Saint X: You have 2 MC appearances so far, in my MAR (Midchilda Awakens Romance) and Kha's HnG adaptation story.

*Fuusetsu locking in space*
It's not exactly the same... In fact, it's more like HnG wackiness, ZnT violence, Shana awesomeness, Gundam 00 lightshows with CLANNAD themes, all strung together by Arisa Nagi Louise Neena Shana Trinity la Varie Sanzenin Bannings.

But to pit her with Artei Athrun Artai dai Artai Zala von Braummuhl is gonna be pretty too.
Quote:
Luckily, Scutum is very versatile, can pull any kind of weapon out or store some talismans like a poshepocket...

*Chobi the Chocobo speeds and kicks Saint X on the fly*
Like a magical cat from the future... ka?

Quote:
*Gives Arisa Gladius*

The "Feather form" of that is none other than the Nietono no Shana venerable japanese katana.

Slash away

*Rows Gondola*
The 3rd Gerbera Straight user?!

And add Void magica... Now we have a h4xx CC.

And of course, several unhappy Cadians for making Arisa soo... out of character.

That's my problem here. How far can I go? I'm perfectly fine for keeping Arisa Neutral, but the visas then will pose a slight problem. Has there been evidence that Arisa can use a sword, even in the other Torahaverse? Because Chi-training is a recognized form of pseudomagic, as in magic that does not operate by normally accepted standard rules, and that makes Nanoha's family eligible for restricted visas. That can get other characters through as well.

That reminds me who was Arisa in the other world? I for some reason remember a fox.

And Suzuka?

~~~~~~

In other news:

Artei: We are not Belkaranger!

Himawari: We are who we are!

Arisa: Mahou Keshi Sentai!

GERBERANGER!!!

Together: TE- OI! What the heck are we doing here in this getup?!
Asagi:

*runs*
Old 2008-02-08, 06:12   Link #19420
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

The sad thing is that Kha had the Strike armor blown off of him when he "died", so these pieces, apart from Bellerophon, may never see combat.

Damn... how about the OutFrame's Housing unit then? The one complete with bathtub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
And the Lucky Number who receives another of Kha's old gear is... Deed Noir. And let's not forget Blu Cinque (it's all in the shoulder ) and Verde Otto (how's 4 guns for Ray Storm?)

[You've said too much.]

Eh?!

More like

Spoiler for *logs in*:

But Darry and Mai Combo? Sounds delic-

*radio static*

"Communications have been cut off?"

"That's-?!?!?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha

Quote:
Kaleido-sofy: (flaming evil aura) Er... I did not quite catch you properly. Could you please... say that again?
Asagi:

*BelkaBlue and BelkaBlack ditch BelkaRed for the umpteenth time*
Asagi: Onee-san.... onegai?

Blue! Black!! COME BACK!!!!

As Belkared's screams echo through the night, can she survive the punishment that is Kaleido-Sofy? And will her Infinite Bouken Spirit get her through this ordeal?!?!?!

Tune in next time on

BAKA SENTAI

BELKARANGERS!!!!!!

Julie & Mayura: OBJECTION!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Gimmy: Is there such a thing as a silver fetish?
Foy: I don't know, but I feel weird if all our polished gear ends up turning them on.
Taiyo: That's why I don't get grown-ups, always thinking in terms of ***.
Foy: More like you're just slow in development. -_-
Taiyo: Nandashite?!
Mayura: *hands on chin*

If you make him grow up a little, Taiyo might look like Eiji-kun...

Julie: I cannot imagine

Quote:
"The Butler War that will shake the world has started!"

Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
NxFate: (dark aura, brandishing Bardiche) Say again...?
Fate: Ano... You're in the wrong timeline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
And all that hotblood is creating several refractions of reality.

*Simon nods in agreement*

"Tousen da"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Ah sou da. What's that force Asagi is currently in? Does she have an older sister who used to be from the senior Student Council? And of course did you plan to include the other members of the Student Council in that force?

Artei: Just... what are you planning now?!
Creator-san: Selling you to Arisa-chan for 153,237,589 Yen.
Artei: Ah sou-- EEEEEEEH?!
Artei: Lost my job... Lost my coolness... Lost my girl... And now I'm being treated like a slave... I think being shafted is a lot better than being shafted around... T_T

Creator-san: I've finally come up with the perfect make-up for Artei's riches to rags, as well as a new pairing (). Needless to say, this has happened because Keroko existed, and her butterfly effect continues to change the timeline!

Artei: HELP ME!!! T_T

Creator-san: I've also banged out more details about Artei's family, and why the above crack is happening, so it'll all fall into place nicely enough.

I'm still wondering if giving Suzuka some queer talisman magic is acceptable... As for Burning Arisa...

Creator-san: A- anyway! We'll also get to see more of Sophia as a result! ...

Sophia: (sees Artei's current state) But now I'm not so sure about this...

Mahou Itsugi Powered Artei, hajimari-masu!

So Artei is... Gandalfr?

H4XX!!!!!!

Quote:
Uhm... Are you asking for SERIOUSLY T3H LASER POINTER?

You're bringing war into a planet that has nothing to do with you...

Lowe, he's defiling the Peace and Quiet of Aqua!!!

*uses Capelia to deflect shells*
I would defend, but then all of my weapons would do more harm than good...

*fiddles with ION CANON firing key*

... Ah, I know the right people for the job...

Spoiler for Intervening:

*A-10 goes down in flaming glory*

Quote:
In other news:

Artei: We are not Belkaranger!

Himawari: We are who we are!

Arisa: Mahou Keshi Sentai!

GERBERANGER!!!

Together: TE- OI! What the heck are we doing here in this getup?!
Asagi:

*runs*
Julie: Operation Success!
Mayura: Mission Complete!
Asagi: Good Work minna! Sa te...

Julie:
HITO MO SHIRAZU!
[The People do not realize!]
Mayura:
YOU MO SHIRAZU!!
[The World does not realize!!]
Asagi:
KAGE WO NARITE AKU WO UTSU!!!
[We are the shadows that fight evil!!!]

Julie:
NINPUU SENTAI!!!!

All:
BELKARANGERS!!!!!!!

IKEMASU!!!!!!

*vanishes in cloud of smoke*

Closed Thread