AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-03-23, 14:24   Link #1
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Hanson in love with Japan?

Hanson, remember their song "MmmBop"? Well the band have released their 3rd album "Underneath" (their first album in four and a half years) in advance in Japan, 1 month before it's US release. Why did they even bother to release their new album in Japan first?
Old 2004-03-23, 16:07   Link #2
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
Hanson, remember their song "MmmBop"? Well the band have released their 3rd album "Underneath" (their first album in four and a half years) in advance in Japan, 1 month before it's US release. Why did they even bother to release their new album in Japan first?

what??huh????
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 16:39   Link #3
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

I was basically just saying that the US band "Hanson" released their new album in advance in Japan. You should checkout this website if you have never heard of Hanson before.
Old 2004-03-23, 16:48   Link #4
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Yeah I remember this 3 brothers! Wow it's been a long time since we've heard of them o_O; I'll have to check the new album!
Old 2004-03-23, 17:38   Link #5
Kung Fu Ferret

Hason eh, my watch must be really slow, cause I thought thier fifteen minutes expired a while ago. Now as far as an ealry realese in Japan, I have to protest simply on t the priciple that all the really cool stuff gets released in Japan first anyways, and American produced media should be realeased here first so the Japaneese can have thier turn waiting. Now if it had been a decent band that did this I might have been more upset.
Kung Fu Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 23:54   Link #6
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
That's because Japan... is kinda behind the times in music (american wise). Cyndi Lauper (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, SheBop) released a new album there as well early. Sometimes down the drain american artists will tour there for some quick cash. Although I think British music is more popular there now than American.... I remember seeing Beckham in commercials with Miss ex Posh Spice and SMAPXSMAP making fun of him... XD XD Although soccer has nothing to do with music... O.o;;;

Ironically, Queen is at the top of the charts. Not that Queen DOESN'T deserve it, (I <3 them dearly!) but its a bit odd.... then I remember that Pride (Kimura Takuya's new drama) is only the no. 01 rated thing on TV...

What's sad is that I bet that their cd will be cheaper there than it is here. Courtney Love's latest cost less in Japan and Britian than it did here. That's pathetic.

I mean, come on, Hanson fits in perfectly. They're a bunch of guys that look like girls singing. We all know how Japan (and me for that matter!) love those androgynous men!
Chiaki Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 09:28   Link #7
lady hoshi

Send a message via AIM to lady hoshi
wow
i remember Hanson
i think its cool that they sent it to japan first
anyone have any more theories on their motivation???
i like to think that its because they realized that japan is wicked cool and such
but thats my reasoning for everything
no theirs
so who knows....
anyone got this new album??? is it any good????
lady hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote