AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-03-24, 01:05   Link #1
guest
guess
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
download WinZip

I just have a quick question: is WinZip free?
I am wondering if there is someplace where I can download Winzip for free. Thank you.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 01:12   Link #2
lavalyn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I just have a quick question: is WinZip free?
I am wondering if there is someplace where I can download Winzip for free. Thank you.
http://www.winzip.com/

Evaluation
lavalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 03:39   Link #3
Forse
r00t for life
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: /dev/null
get WinRAR from www.rarlab.com or something. It's WAY better then winzip with it's annoying popups and such.
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 11:14   Link #4
guest
guess
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
A lot of download manga I have is in ZIP file. Is WinZip my only choice to open and read these zip files? Is there some free software that can do this? Thank you.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 11:27   Link #5
lavalyn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
A lot of download manga I have is in ZIP file. Is WinZip my only choice to open and read these zip files? Is there some free software that can do this? Thank you.
WinZip is available on permanent evaluation.
WinRAR is available on some license I don't know.
Window XP has unzip functionality out of the box.
What more do you need?

You want us to point to the debian archives non-free section so you can apt-get for "zip" and "unzip"?
lavalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 13:22   Link #6
Lambda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 35
There are plenty of free utilities for Windows that will unzip things. On those rare occasions when I'm in Windows, I use TUGZip, that's freeware.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 23:26   Link #7
guest
guess
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavalyn
WinZip is available on permanent evaluation.
WinRAR is available on some license I don't know.
Window XP has unzip functionality out of the box.
What more do you need?

You want us to point to the debian archives non-free section so you can apt-get for "zip" and "unzip"?
I am sorry that I really don't know much about computer stuff.
WinZip only has something like 21-day evaluation, as far as I know.
WinRAR costs some $30 dollars.
I am not running on Windows XP; I am still using Windows 2000.

I think I am just looking for a free software which allows me to unzip these zip files.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 23:27   Link #8
guest
guess
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda
There are plenty of free utilities for Windows that will unzip things. On those rare occasions when I'm in Windows, I use TUGZip, that's freeware.
Thank you.

I will do some search and see how it goes. Do you have some other suggestions?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 00:26   Link #9
bootleg
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavalyn
Window XP has unzip functionality out of the box.
Really?

How could you use this unzip feature. I'm trying to unzip a "src.zip.bz2" zip file.
bootleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 00:33   Link #10
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fish-shape Paumanok
Age: 26
Windows only has ZIP file unzip support. If that's a BZ2 file, you'll want to use WinRar or 7Zip or something.
__________________
Learn to define and spell mo
Shii (formerly known as ashibaka)
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.