AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-03, 18:08   Link #841
Bud22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Whoa that thing is big. I wonder how much they cost?If they sell those?
Bud22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 20:22   Link #842
zoot
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuuA4 View Post
http://www.akibablog.net/archives/20...hi-071231.html

This Haruhi figurine is a god-send.
Less figurine, more mannequin ...

... also.
zoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 03:43   Link #843
GameraBaenre
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 38
I just got this kit in the mail today...
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/pearl_yoko_prog.htm
Spoiler:

I'm really looking forward to building the monstrosity....
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 22:25   Link #844
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
here is something new, not sure if anyone posted about it

it's a positionable stand, looks to work real good with things like Robotech valkyries and other flying objects

http://www.hlj.com/product/LFTFD006
__________________
*Retired*
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 05:32   Link #845
xorsyst
Otaku Pride!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Clearwater, FL
Send a message via AIM to xorsyst Send a message via MSN to xorsyst Send a message via Yahoo to xorsyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
I just got this kit in the mail today...
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/pearl_yoko_prog.htm
Spoiler:

I'm really looking forward to building the monstrosity....
jealous! Where did you get that from?
__________________

OtakuStuff.com Anime, Manga, Cosplay and MOrE for Otaku by Otaku.
xorsyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 15:43   Link #846
GameraBaenre
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by xorsyst View Post
jealous! Where did you get that from?
Picked it off the Yahoo!Japan auctions. Had to bid through a proxy, I used Rinkya. I'm really looking forward to building her, need to finish my current projects first.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 16:20   Link #847
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I love figures to pieces. They're all over my room. XD And what's even better is to get figures of both sexes so I can couple them up!

As example shows...




I'll take more pics later.^^ I have a lot of nice ones I'm proud of.
__________________

Last edited by Chiibi; 2008-01-11 at 16:38.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 21:23   Link #848
zoot
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 34
This figure would be great in a non-jointed version in any of these poses:

Spoiler:
... but, as usual, the joints are an eyesore. Looks like it hides it pretty well on the arms (looks like a fold in the cloth, though I suspect it's pretty obvious in person), but those knees, ick ...
zoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 23:50   Link #849
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Yeah...those knees look awful....o_o

I guess I scared everyone else away with my weirdness?
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 16:22   Link #850
GameraBaenre
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 38
Just finished this kit:
Spoiler for Young Hip Cover Gal Picture **Warning, resin nudity ahead**:

http://gamerabaenre.com/young_hip_cover_gal.htm <-- more pictures and nudity...
http://gamerabaenre.com/young_hip_cover_gal_prog.htm <-- complete build progression

In other news, I'm getting close to finishing these little peppers:
Spoiler for Habanero Tan:
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 03:57   Link #851
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
Just finished this kit:
Spoiler for Young Hip Cover Gal Picture **Warning, resin nudity ahead**:

http://gamerabaenre.com/young_hip_cover_gal.htm <-- more pictures and nudity...
http://gamerabaenre.com/young_hip_cover_gal_prog.htm <-- complete build progression

In other news, I'm getting close to finishing these little peppers:
Spoiler for Habanero Tan:
I didn't mention it before, but you have an awesome working bench. You've also got some amazing skills with assembling those models - I'm not a model fanatic, but those all look professional-level to me. I can't believe you painted them yourself!

I also took a look at your website - very nice. I particularly got a kick out of this segment:

Spoiler for maybe not safe for work? Gundam fun:

(Your script is foiling me from direct linking, but you know which one it is)

Very nice!
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 23:45   Link #852
GameraBaenre
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 38
This is a kit that I got commissioned to do last year, but didn't get started on it until October of last year when the customer gave me the ok to start. I should have finished it back in October, but I got busy with life and a few other things so I didn't get to finish them until now... better late than never I guess.

Completed build progress and completed pictures here: http://www.gamerabaenre.com/habenaro_prog.htm
Sample picture:
Spoiler:
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 09:29   Link #853
BaronNoir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Need help from a japanese speaker !

Recently, Wave released Elfen Lied figurines....in limited edition.

I hoped they would be on the net, but this is not happening : is there any site that is selling those beauties ? (reselling)
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 16:59   Link #854
dfens
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
As far as I know don't know of any site that has those Elfen Lied figures, the ones I found was sold out or all had to be pre-ordered. They just barely hit japan like a week ago so expect sometime till you see one for re-sell.

Your best bet is either a private seller who has them or most likely Ebay. I bet some guy in asia like hong kong etc will have one for sale eventually. From the actual pics looks pretty good like the gundam dx quality figures.

From what I've seen a lot of people want them. So if you see them just pay what they want. The retail was around 40-45 bucks in japan, but expect to pay around 60-70 dollars per figure at least.

If I track them down I'll probably buy them to resell them since they seem like a hot item. What are you looking to pay?
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 18:32   Link #855
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
is there any UK shops that sell anime figures???????????
There's always Forbidden Planet, either the actual store if you're in London, or the website. Or, if you're in Liverpool, there's World's Apart, they have a pretty nice selection.

I only have this, and a small Kaworu.
__________________
Aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 19:08   Link #856
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: State of Denial
Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
This is a kit that I got commissioned to do last year, but didn't get started on it until October of last year when the customer gave me the ok to start. I should have finished it back in October, but I got busy with life and a few other things so I didn't get to finish them until now... better late than never I guess.

Completed build progress and completed pictures here: http://www.gamerabaenre.com/habenaro_prog.htm
Sample picture:
Spoiler:
Let me just compliment you on your work (EXCELLENT!), but also thank you for your tutorials. I'm not building/painting yet, but they will prove to be a tremendous help to me when I begin. Good tutorials in this field are rare, and while I've seen a couple of people with helpful tutorial series, there's an helpful attention to particular details in yours that makes it notable.

Have you considered doing a book/video series? With the quality of your tutorials, I think that would certainly be worth a budding builder/painter's money.
__________________

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 22:21   Link #857
BaronNoir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
As far as I know don't know of any site that has those Elfen Lied figures, the ones I found was sold out or all had to be pre-ordered. They just barely hit japan like a week ago so expect sometime till you see one for re-sell.

Your best bet is either a private seller who has them or most likely Ebay. I bet some guy in asia like hong kong etc will have one for sale eventually. From the actual pics looks pretty good like the gundam dx quality figures.

From what I've seen a lot of people want them. So if you see them just pay what they want. The retail was around 40-45 bucks in japan, but expect to pay around 60-70 dollars per figure at least.

If I track them down I'll probably buy them to resell them since they seem like a hot item. What are you looking to pay?
I would pay 80-90.
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 22:07   Link #858
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
This is infuriating.

I order 2 items form Hobbysearch last Oct and specifically ask them to be ship out together. So what they are getting ship seperately because item #1 was rls 2 weeks ahead of item #2.

I cancel all my orders with hobbysearch other the Shiraki ones and re-order them all form HLJ. If HLJ hasn't stop taking orders for the Shiraki figures i would have cancel all my hobbysearch orders.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 00:52   Link #859
beamknight87
Gold Saint
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Beyond the time...
Age: 27
A couple of recent acquisitions (mostly Revoltech)

Both Sabers are incredibly cool


I bought the special edition of the MG Destiny Gundam and given that the store also had the 1/100 Alteisen on the shelves, I didn't even doubt about also getting it lol
The Alteisen included this figure of Kyosuke, is quite nice


Finally, the Fraulein Rei and also, the Shin Getter 1:
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 20:55   Link #860
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Neverlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
This is infuriating.

I order 2 items form Hobbysearch last Oct and specifically ask them to be ship out together. So what they are getting ship seperately because item #1 was rls 2 weeks ahead of item #2.

I cancel all my orders with hobbysearch other the Shiraki ones and re-order them all form HLJ. If HLJ hasn't stop taking orders for the Shiraki figures i would have cancel all my hobbysearch orders.
then I have bad news for you:

HLJ will keep orders 3 months on shelf, if the order isn't complete, they will ship what's available after this time
This period starts from the moment you order Including preorders

I actually had 2 preorder items with the same releasedate on the same order, when the first came in stock, the 3 month period
was already over and it was shipped immediatly
when the 2nd item came in 5 days later it was also shipped

the only luck I had was that both figures seperatly did not exceed the tax value, while combined I would have
had to pay VAT
__________________
NightbatŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.