AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-02-16, 12:05   Link #1
LuckyLyndy

How to shorten the file/folder path?

I have used AllToAVI for several conversions, but keep having trouble with the length of the file folder. It tells me they are too long, and to shorten them by creating a shorter path, like to C:\Video. I did that, but no go. I tried renaming the file to a shorter length, and that doesn't work either. I was trying to convert six episodes of Murder Princess from H264 to Xvid, but I am about to delete those files and go through the process of DL every single episode in Xvid. This is frustrating.
Also, if there is a better program at this conversion, I would love to know that as well.
(Off to electronics store to see if I can find a replacement fan for the "proprietary" one on my Asus mobo....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
Lyndon
LuckyLyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 15:52   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I believe using VirtualDubMod is frowned upon these days because it's outdated, but it should get the job done. AllToAVI probably makes the re-encode process easier, but VirtualDubMod can do what you want. It's free and not terribly difficult to use, but you may need to ask for help on how to do the re-encode process without generating huge XviD files or losing too much quality.
Old 2008-02-16, 16:22   Link #3
LuckyLyndy

Thanks, Ledgem
I will investigate that software. Just wish their was some better method through
AlltoAVI.

Last edited by LuckyLyndy; 2008-02-17 at 20:17. Reason: Did not apply to the question and answer
LuckyLyndy is offline   Reply With Quote