AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 11 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 32.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 24.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 15.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-19, 10:58   Link #81
cnnydz
Feed me
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Ok so you just added to my depression lol the outcome looks bleak for our plucky hero. If im reading what you wrote correctly.
the fact is i don't know what will happen to yuji, but right now it is looking very very bad for yuji and shana in the novels. the chance of a happy ending is slim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Because of exactly that: With the Reiji Meigo, Yuji is eternal. And what an eternity means is that anything and everything will happen to Yuji. At some point, maybe 20 years from now, maybe 100, something is going to go wrong, and somebody is going to take the Reiji Meigo, or Yuji is just going to use too much power. And as soon as he loses that, he loses the eternity.
This is subscribing to the "If you have an infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of typewriters, they will write every shakespeare play" theory.

AKA, the end of Yuji is already set. It's just delayed.
very true, the same goes for shana as well. that's why yuji decided to do what he is going to do
cnnydz is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 11:01   Link #82
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guze no Sekai
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Because of exactly that: With the Reiji Meigo, Yuji is eternal. And what an eternity means is that anything and everything will happen to Yuji. At some point, maybe 20 years from now, maybe 100, something is going to go wrong, and somebody is going to take the Reiji Meigo, or Yuji is just going to use too much power. And as soon as he loses that, he loses the eternity.
This is subscribing to the "If you have an infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of typewriters, they will write every shakespeare play" theory.

AKA, the end of Yuji is already set. It's just delayed.
That's a lot of maybes, but it could happen. I doubt we'll be able to determine how he's going to disappear right now, though. Besides, in that 'period' of eternity, it's possible that someone out there could devise a spell to bring Yuuji back to life. Far-fetched, but it's a maybe too.

For now, I'll be contented with the novel spoilers and the pace at which the show is taking Yuuji.
__________________
Owaranai Destiny is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 11:04   Link #83
BigGimp77
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Actually I've had this question but haven't done any research...

Is it possible for someone who's already dead, like Yuji, to become a flame haze? I don't know the exact rules for becoming a flame haze.

That way if he lost the Reji Meigo, he could make a contract and have his state restored. But I'm thinking that is against the rules or w/e but I'm not sure.
BigGimp77 is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 11:33   Link #84
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Actually I've had this question but haven't done any research...

Is it possible for someone who's already dead, like Yuji, to become a flame haze? I don't know the exact rules for becoming a flame haze.
He can't become a Flame haze as you need to be alive, but he can become something other then a Mystis.
__________________
Sterling01 is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 11:42   Link #85
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I don't know if anyone has noticed this but... Why does Yuji need to be a flame haze? He's more powerful than a flame haze (power wise not skill wise, big difference there)... He's equivalent to being a Lord of Guze.

And saying Yuji's end is inevitable is like pointing out the obvious. Everyone will die eventually, even Shana, as much as I don't want to admit it. Then again Yuji can grow from 100,000 years of combat experience where no one short of a god can defeat him in combat. Any scenario is possible.
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 11:56   Link #86
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 36
He's actualy equivalent to being a God of Guze. (Higher then Lord)
__________________
Sterling01 is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 12:04   Link #87
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
He's actualy equivalent to being a God of Guze. (Higher then Lord)
True which makes my point even better XP
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 12:12   Link #88
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
He's actualy equivalent to being a God of Guze. (Higher then Lord)
That much, hmm? And yet he's still going to meekly go wherever this new guy tells him. I don't know what kind of threat he's going to use over the city to get Yuji's compliance, but it isn't too unreasonable to expect Yuji to instantly react by at the very least throwing up a Fuzetsu as a warning beacon to Shana, is it?
__________________
KaneDragon is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 12:14   Link #89
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Yuji is inexperienced and unaware of his own capabilities, with time and experience, you'll see god Yuji lay waste to all who oppose with his loli queen by his side, lol
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 12:51   Link #90
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I don't know if anyone has noticed this but... Why does Yuji need to be a flame haze? He's more powerful than a flame haze (power wise not skill wise, big difference there)... He's equivalent to being a Lord of Guze.

And saying Yuji's end is inevitable is like pointing out the obvious. Everyone will die eventually, even Shana, as much as I don't want to admit it. Then again Yuji can grow from 100,000 years of combat experience where no one short of a god can defeat him in combat. Any scenario is possible.
Yeah. But I don't think it's possible to end the series without Yuji's disappearence. I think it's been said in the series that the tomogara will continue to come for all of eternity and continue to devour humans. That's just nature. So, since the main idea behind the series cannot be completed in a happy fashion, they'll have to have Yuji disappear to end the series and give it some kind of a conclusion.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 12:52   Link #91
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yuji is inexperienced and unaware of his own capabilities, with time and experience, you'll see god Yuji lay waste to all who oppose with his loli queen by his side, lol
got to love how inevitabilities are not always what they appear to be. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Yeah. But I don't think it's possible to end the series without Yuji's disappearence. I think it's been said in the series that the tomogara will continue to come for all of eternity and continue to devour humans. That's just nature. So, since the main idea behind the series cannot be completed in a happy fashion, they'll have to have Yuji disappear to end the series and give it some kind of a conclusion.
What, and Shana, the protagonist of the show, ends up as another Pheles? That doesn't seem like the happiest of conclusions to me. o_0
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 12:59   Link #92
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Tomogara's will exist regardless of Yuji's continued existence. I'm sorry but I'm sick of bitter endings, its like this trend that everyone wants to follow. Its been a really long time since there was a "happy" ending.

It doesn't have to end with Yuji's disappearance, the show is about Shana's and yuji's relationship, his couping with his existence is a plot device. Its completely possible to end it on a positive note. Yuji can continue to live protecting the world along side Shana, is that such a terrible way to end it? For all intents and purposes, the situation with Bal Masque is the main antagonist. Once thats dealt with, whatever happens is left to be told. Just because Yuji lives doesn't mean theres going to be a 3rd season, otherwise every story in existence is bound to continue.
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 13:05   Link #93
cnnydz
Feed me
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I think it's been said in the series that the tomogara will continue to come for all of eternity and continue to devour humans.
true, but there is a possible solution (from current novels). so maybe they can have a happy ending.
cnnydz is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 13:08   Link #94
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Whether Yuji dies or not, Tomogara will continue to exist, there is absolutely no point whatsoever for Yuji to disappear.

Unless you just want to see Shana sad and alone...
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 13:12   Link #95
cnnydz
Feed me
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Whether Yuji dies or not, Tomogara will continue to exist, there is absolutely no point whatsoever for Yuji to disappear.

Unless you just want to see Shana sad and alone...
but the series can end with both yuji and shana dead. so they wouldn,t be alone
cnnydz is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 13:14   Link #96
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
If the writers kill off Shana or make Shana sad and alone, the Shana fans will cry for blood and torch the building down... lol
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 13:16   Link #97
Toreno
すごい!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
If the writers kill off Shana or make Shana sad and alone, the Shana fans will cry for blood and torch the building down... lol
You can see into my mind???!!!
Toreno is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 13:22   Link #98
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Seriously, though, this show is the story about Shana and Yuji, everything else is a plot device.
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 14:19   Link #99
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Seriously, though, this show is the story about Shana and Yuji, everything else is a plot device.
I'll completely disagree on this. To me, Shana and Yuji is a side story to the greater story of the world they live in. Their story is like Eowyn and Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. Not the main theme, just there.

Besides, who says that if Yuji disappears, Shana doesn't disappear as well? Yuji is captured by bal masque, they steal Reiju Maigo, Shana goes to destroy them, suceeds, but she is broken and dies.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-02-19, 15:31   Link #100
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY
Age: 31
A question of qualification...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I'll completely disagree on this. To me, Shana and Yuji is a side story to the greater story of the world they live in. Their story is like Eowyn and Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. Not the main theme, just there.
A good way to put this in perspective would be to ask the following question: If [insert character(s)] is/are removed permanently in the next episode/chapter could the story continue in a coherent manner without major revision to the core plot direction?
mikesince83 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.