AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 75 43.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 28.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 17.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 7.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-23, 10:46   Link #121
tarachi
Observer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Saji could just do (when he finds out Setsuna is a pilot of CB).

Contacts Setsuna and they meet on a place then boom, Setsuna is surrounded by the authority and gets captured.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:46   Link #122
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galerian View Post
Patrick....an MS pilot with a healthy social life

I hate to say it, but: HE BE DOOMED!
Yup I can see it now...Patrick tries to protect the base Katie is located at by blocking a huge beam with own MS and yells "SEE I CAN MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE!!!"
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:46   Link #123
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Such students in the past have one of two traits; being the top of the class or built something impressive as a school project.
Their fathers also happened to be pretty remarkable too (in fact most Gundam protagonists' parents are).

And lately, we've seen Saji's dad being brought up by Kinue a couple of times for no apparent reason (why not his mother?? Something's up--and looks like this plotline will remain unresolved too).

So if he does turn out to be Jesus Yamato version 0.0, you heard it here first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Quite frankly, if Saji could become a pilot of worth within the allocated timeframe, it would be an insult to all the aces of the series. People like Graham and Sergei spent years honing their craft, there is no way a kid who isn't even remotely talented in ANYTHING could be on their level even after a timeskip.

And as it was repeatedly pointed out, Japan in 00 still doesn't have an army. They are still stuck with the JSDF. A weapon powered by GN drive would be classified as an offensive weapon and not be permitted.
And even the present JSDF is no joke either. They aren't the fifth biggest military spender in the world for no reason. So I don't see your point.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:48   Link #124
tarachi
Observer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Their fathers also happened to be pretty remarkable too (in fact most Gundam protagonists' parents are).

And lately, we've seen Saji's dad been brought up by Kinue a couple of times for no apparently reason (why not his mother?? Something's up--and looks like this plotline will remain unresolved too).

So if he does turn out to be Jesus Yamato version 0.0, you heard it here first.
Or he finds out that one their parents (or grandparents) are part of the original CB and he gets the 00.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:48   Link #125
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I think there's 3 factions within Celestial Being. One is the Ptolemaios group, doing the armed interventions. Another one is Lagna Harvey, who somehow gets the GN Drive and creates the Thrones and handling the GN-X to the 3 factions, probably to gain more profit. The last one is Alejandro Corner, using Ribbons to gain access to Veda.

I still don't know why Ali decides to kill Kinue. Maybe to gain some favors from Lagna. Kinue's death is pretty sad, and destroying Saji's life further. But she's really stupid though, getting into a stranger's car and asking very sensitive stuffs. Well, rest in peace anyway.

Wong Ryumin worries me. I think maybe she will team up with Alejandro to destroy Earth in the next season. Speaking of Alejandro, he gains access to Veda itself, wonder what he will do to it...
u forgot wong, she is probably a faction by herself as well

yes thats the reason why, and besides if he let her go after saying all those sensitive stuff, ali wont live long himself either...

i donno, but from ribbons' smile, alex is a goner for sure, prob is just when.
__________________
...
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:49   Link #126
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Their fathers also happened to be pretty remarkable too (in fact most Gundam protagonists' parents are).

So if he does turn out to be Jesus Yamato version 0.0, you heard it here first.
Even so something like that happening is still a long ways away in this series so I'll believe it when I see it...
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:50   Link #127
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Don't forget Patrick, the guy who has never lost any battles...in simulations that is.

Man those GN-X's look both evil but cool at the same time.
well he did beat tieria...sorta back in the desert battle
__________________
...
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:50   Link #128
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southeast Asia
Poor Saji but I really hope he won't be a mobile suit pilot x_x
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:52   Link #129
Eleutheria
旅行癖
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Soma's innocent happiness at finally piloting a good MS is infectious (although the camera angle in the cockpit was >.>)
__________________
ロースクールに入ったから、アニメはもはやこれまでかな
日本語のレベルも段々退歩してるし~
Eleutheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:55   Link #130
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
well he did beat tieria...sorta back in the desert battle
You mean those four Hellions beat tieria, he was just simply there.

Though in regards to Saji I'll be surprised if he doesn't lose his sanity when he finds out about his sister. Too much has happened to him. Though you'd think that Kinue would've been more careful in her investigation of such an organization, even her superior warned her.

I just noticed, there are 8 flags outside the UN, 3 are the blocs but the rest are germany, Italy, etc.? Aren't there part of the AEU?

Holy crap the scene where the 3 presidents are holding hands with everyone looking at them looks like a wedding
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:56   Link #131
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Their fathers also happened to be pretty remarkable too (in fact most Gundam protagonists' parents are).

And lately, we've seen Saji's dad been brought up by Kinue a couple of times for no apparently reason (why not his mother?? Something's up--and looks like this plotline will remain unresolved too).

So if he does turn out to be Jesus Yamato version 0.0, you heard it here first.



And even the present JSDF is no joke either. They aren't the fifth biggest military spender in the world for no reason. So I don't see your point.
Let's make it clear that you are not the first to propose Saji should become a pilot; that's been suggested for months, ever since he appeared on screen.

And you still don't understand what I meant; the JSDF is a self-defense force. It does NOT have the authority to hunt Gundams. And it certainly wouldn't be allowed to have a faux GN-drive until the drive becomes commonplace. This is the same kind of misunderstanding as the concept for firearms in Japan; in many ways, Japan voluntarily had its hands tied militarily.

As I mentioned before, currently the real-life Japan has enough technical knowledge, funds, and plutonium in storage, to build a thousand nuclear weapons. But they don't do it.
For that same reason, they wouldn't get a GN-drive because the Doves in the government would go ballistic.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 10:58   Link #132
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
Poor Saji but I really hope he won't be a mobile suit pilot x_x
Yeah, maybe he'll become a cook for the anti-Gundam front instead. His sole talent seems to be cooking after all.

Speaking of which, wasn't the main character of Nadesico a cook? Ah-hah, there's a precedent for Saji becoming a good mobile suit pilot right there!
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:00   Link #133
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Yeah, maybe he'll become a cook for the anti-Gundam front instead. His sole talent seems to be cooking after all.

Speaking of which, wasn't the main character of Nadesico a cook? Ah-hah, there's a precedent for Saji becoming a good mobile suit pilot right there!
Well Fllay lost her dad and joined the army because of that but she only ended up being a housekeeper So I guess Saji could be the same.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:01   Link #134
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guze no Sekai
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Dark days for Saji, I see...While I don't like the idea of him becoming a pilot full of vengeance for CB and the conflict, he might be a little more involved in matters that 'didn't concern him at first'. I do get the feeling that Ali actually meant for Kinue to die in the first place anyway, so her fate was sealed the moment she spoke to him.

And Ribbons is becoming rather interesting. Put forth as a surprise package, I never did know what he was going to do next, or even the fact that he's seemingly becoming more involved. Must be part of the "plan".

Graham didn't disappoint either, I see. Honor for a dead comrade over all else. Impractical as his attitude might seem, considering how he wanted to take down a Gundam so badly, it's nice to see people having the lighter side of a personality.

Somehow I feel like cheering Patrick on.
__________________
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:02   Link #135
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Yeah, maybe he'll become a cook for the anti-Gundam front instead. His sole talent seems to be cooking after all.

Speaking of which, wasn't the main character of Nadesico a cook? Ah-hah, there's a precedent for Saji becoming a good mobile suit pilot right there!
Does Saji got nano-machine HAX piloting-interface injected into his bloodstream? Because the Nadesico cook got that...

You need something to foreshadow piloting ability. And Saji got none, 20 episodes in.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:03   Link #136
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Speaking of which, wasn't the main character of Nadesico a cook? Ah-hah, there's a precedent for Saji becoming a good mobile suit pilot right there!
Saji and Akito are let's just say, very different in just about every way.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:05   Link #137
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Let's make it clear that you are not the first to propose Saji should become a pilot; that's been suggested for months, ever since he appeared on screen.
REALLY??? Do you remember seeing me discussing it too? Because I was.

Quote:
And you still don't understand what I meant; the JSDF is a self-defense force. It does NOT have the authority to hunt Gundams. And it certainly wouldn't be allowed to have a faux GN-drive until the drive becomes commonplace. This is the same kind of misunderstanding as the concept for firearms in Japan; in many ways, Japan voluntarily had its hands tied militarily.

As I mentioned before, currently the real-life Japan has enough technical knowledge, funds, and plutonium in storage, to build a thousand nuclear weapons. But they don't do it.
For that same reason, they wouldn't get a GN-drive because the Doves in the government would go ballistic.
Japan is against NUKES. PERIOD. Quite fitting of course.

They are not against ALL new military technology. Otherwise they wouldn't have been the happy recipient of the US's new anti-ballistic missile system a couple months ago. At the behest of quite a few nations too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Does Saji got nano-machine HAX piloting-interface injected into his bloodstream? Because the Nadesico cook got that...
Why not? His FATHER remember? His FATHER.

Just because we didn't get much foreshadowing yet, doesn't mean it hasn't happen.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:08   Link #138
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
They are not against ALL new military technology. Otherwise they wouldn't have been the happy recipient of the US's new anti-ballistic missile system a couple months ago. At the behest of quite a few nations too.
Note that it is an ANTI-ballistic missile system.

If it was a plain Ballistic missile system, it would never reach the border. Offensive weapons are a no-no.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:08   Link #139
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
In the preview Saji doesn't look anxious, like he's IDing a body. He looks concerned or worried and seems to be calling out. I say Kinue survives. It's the absolute best way to move the story along. Kinue tells him what she was told, he tells Setsuna, Setsuna gets a lead as to what Ali is currently doing, and they stage an intervention against him and Lagna.

Another lucky break for Celestial Being, but I guess it's about time to get used to it.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:09   Link #140
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Note that it is an ANTI-ballistic missile system.

If it was a plain Ballistic missile system, it would never reach the border. Offensive weapons are a no-no.
What's stopping them from calling that the ANTI-GN Drive then?

They don't use military weapons for offensive purposes. That's true. But the GN Drive doesn't have to be one, and the MS pilots breaking rules tend to be a trend too.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.