AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-23, 20:24   Link #981
ac3y
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver
Just assume that 7 has nothing to do with the main story, because in all likelihood, it doesn't.

It's not MEANT to be viewed directly after 6, if I've got everything straight, despite what the numbering scheme would have you think.
ac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 20:29   Link #982
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3y View Post
Just assume that 7 has nothing to do with the main story, because in all likelihood, it doesn't.

It's not MEANT to be viewed directly after 6, if I've got everything straight, despite what the numbering scheme would have you think.
I still do not like it and gives me a reason to hate on corporate money schemes :P
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 20:36   Link #983
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3y View Post
It's not MEANT to be viewed directly after 6, if I've got everything straight, despite what the numbering scheme would have you think.
Well, for clarity's sake, it will be placed right after episode 6 on the DVDs (on DVD 3). So I guess you could say that it's "optional".
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
I still do not like it and gives me a reason to hate on corporate money schemes :P
Because heaven forbid that the people who sponsored this anime and paid for its production should expect to make a profit. They should all make anime out of the kindness of their hearts!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 23:13   Link #984
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I second relentless's sarcasm. Seriously people, animu isn't cheap to make. It shouldn't be free.
__________________
Masanori Ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 23:18   Link #985
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
I second relentless's sarcasm. Seriously people, animu isn't cheap to make. It shouldn't be free.
Not when some shows double dip by making a profit off the AD spots and then try and sale DVDs at 2 or 4 times the price they should be sold at.

and then have the balls to sell off for US domesticating and let the US publisher rape and reformat a show for sell, until I see cheap sub only DVDs that try and sub everything with a informentive bent I wont be buying much anime.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 23:23   Link #986
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Well I guess some people are poorer than others. I'm paying the rediculous price of $60 for the limited-edition first DVD, and perhaps the limited editions of all the following DVDs (should be four). And shipping, from Japland. Why? Because I can.
__________________
Masanori Ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 23:26   Link #987
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Well I guess some people are poorer than others. I'm paying the rediculous price of $60 for the limited-edition first DVD, and perhaps the limited editions of all the following DVDs (should be four). And shipping, from Japland. Why? Because I can.
And you don't mind it not having subs.
I have seen how the retail game works and unimpressed at their 5X proffering schemes even at US prices its still to much a DVD IMO.

then again I get pissed at games for being so damn high on titles that should be worth half their 50+$ launch price a crappy 20$ game should not be 50$ >>
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 23:27   Link #988
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Not when some shows double dip by making a profit off the AD spots and then try and sale DVDs at 2 or 4 times the price they should be sold at.

and then have the balls to sell off for US domesticating and let the US publisher rape and reformat a show for sell, until I see cheap sub only DVDs that try and sub everything with a informentive bent I wont be buying much anime.
Okay, enough, enough... I've seen this enough times before. This has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Anime does not make money off of ad spots -- how much money do think they could possibly make in advertising when it airs at 1:30am? All the money is made in merchandising, which is why they have to change a premium rate. As for US publishers "raping and reformating shows"? Please. I've bought hundreds of anime series on American DVD, all uncut, with Japanese audio, and English subtitles. You're just making up reasons to not buy things, and that's not something to be proud of.

Please do not post on this topic again in this thread.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 00:09   Link #989
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
But anime is a niche industry and not too much can be done at the moment.

A DVD only episode only sucks for those who won't be buying or renting the DVD.
__________________

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-02-24 at 00:38. Reason: Removed off-topic portion
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 02:43   Link #990
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I stand by what I said, but I was out of line non the less, My apologies to the forum, we should not stray to far of topic from now on.
===================
One thing I dislike about the missing ep is when you see it after the all the others it kinda loses its point to see it, if its a ambiguous ep it might fit in with the theme from the first half of the series but not the later, they should save it as a OVA ep for the DVDs not do it this way.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 09:31   Link #991
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
But isn't that taking a risk? If you have a popular series, then an OVA at the end isn't that hard to figure out. But if the series isn't popular then putting it in the middle of the DVD run ensures that it will be bought imo. The forum may love the title but Japan may not.

Don't know the ratings but Siegel Clyne isn't list them so that may not be a good thing imo.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 11:32   Link #992
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
One possibility about the missing episode is that 13 episodes were produced by the animating company before they knew that only 12 of them were going to get timeslots for broadcast. In that situation, the animating company may have decided that episode 7 was the episode they could most easily skip without hurting the series' storyline too much. When the DVDs come out, the animators will insert episode 7 into the middle because (1) they've already paid to have the episode produced & don't want to lose the production money they spent. (2) They put the episode into the middle of the series because that's where it was originally intended to go in the original series plan and wouldn't make sense storywise if they put it at the end.

What I'm saying is that the fact that episode 7 was skipped may have nothing to do with conspiracies to entice the public to buy the DVDs or anything that was preplanned. It may be the result of circumstances beyond the animation company's control. There is certainly evidence of this happening in the American television industry. So why can't it happen in the Japanese animation industry?
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 16:51   Link #993
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But isn't that taking a risk? If you have a popular series, then an OVA at the end isn't that hard to figure out. But if the series isn't popular then putting it in the middle of the DVD run ensures that it will be bought imo. The forum may love the title but Japan may not.

Don't know the ratings but Siegel Clyne isn't list them so that may not be a good thing imo.
Not really, if the OVA is just a 1-3ep story arc thats not in the bounds of series it would force the willing to shell out more for it.

LKK
Wat you say makes more since than a cracked dvd sale scheme,has any real news coem out over it yet?
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 17:03   Link #994
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
has any real news coem out over it yet?
relentlessflame made a thread about it.
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 17:30   Link #995
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
If you're complaining about having to buy the DVD to see ep7 just think that Lawrence is trying to make a profit and Horo is helping him.


One question: is it Horo or Holo? Damn the Engrish language.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 17:48   Link #996
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
It's both, but Horo is better. So use Horo. Everyone with half a brain does. Ignore Wikipedia, they're a bunch of ego-bloated assholes.
__________________
Masanori Ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 18:13   Link #997
Matt122005
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where I am, what more do you need to know?
On the new Spice and Wolf forums: http://s15.invisionfree.com/Wolf_and_Spice/

They are talking about a possible season 2, which makes sence since this first season only covers 2 volumes out of the current ongoing 7 novels.

I sure hope they make a second season, cause I am so loving this first season! Woot!

I didn't think I would, but after reading the translation of the prologue and ch. 1, I was hooked and had to watch the anime.

I'm glad I did!

Horo is so cute.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 18:31   Link #998
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
:l

I don't think you are allowed to advertise other forums here. Not sure, though. May want to check the rules.
__________________
Masanori Ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 18:34   Link #999
Matt122005
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where I am, what more do you need to know?
No no, I was referancing where it was saying about the reasons for a possible second season. I'll go check the rules if that's also not allowed though.

EDIT: It says as long as it has to with the topic and is of interest it is ok. So since I was referancing where the discussion is being held and since the link has to do with the topic, it should be allowed. That's what I understood from reading the rules.




But what do you think about the possiblilty for a second season? Likely, yes?

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 18:39   Link #1000
ac3y
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
On the new Spice and Wolf forums: http://s15.invisionfree.com/Wolf_and_Spice/

They are talking about a possible season 2, which makes sence since this first season only covers 2 volumes out of the current ongoing 7 novels.

I sure hope they make a second season, cause I am so loving this first season! Woot!

I didn't think I would, but after reading the translation of the prologue and ch. 1, I was hooked and had to watch the anime.

I'm glad I did!

Horo is so cute.

-Matt
Seeing as how that forum has a total of three registered members, and the most replies on a single thread is 1, I seriously doubt any sort of "debate" or "talk" is possible.

I would like a second season, however.
=O
ac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.