AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-25, 02:49   Link #21
Oppius
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hell
Age: 29
Added...

Strawberry Panic: Yes, its a shoujo-ai anime but what bugs me is this anime get too many demerits that it didn't deserved. Yeah, I know lots of girls hate it because it has lesbian love stories but how about guys who hates gay love stories? It is a fair game, right? Yes, the girls have unhealthy interests on gays and so guys worked on the opposite way too. Most people also claimed this anime is a Maria-sama ga Miteru clone but I disagree. People who hates it are generally not shoujo-ai/yuri fan.

Kannazuki no Miko: Another shoujo-ai anime that people seems to hate it, including some shoujo-ai fans. I really don't know what went wrong this time but almost all anime reviews I knew seems to hate it too. Maybe those who hates KnM are either did not care what Chikane feels or hate shoujo-ai/yuri in general.
Oppius is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 03:18   Link #22
qtipbrit
Buddhajew
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I knew exactly what you were referring to, but I thought I just wanted to make that quick point about the ending. The ending was what swayed me, but it unfortunately did not sway others. I never thought that the ending was whether Haruhi or Mitsubishi won, but for me, it was Akagi reading Haruhi's story and winning mahjong championships, and of course, Mitsubishi crying, Teriyaki smiling at the book, and Shinichirō with his girlfriend.

*scrolls up to remind himself what the original discussion was*

Oh yes, we were discussing the ending, not the ending. I still find it similar to School Days' ending though. Although KgNE's ending wasn't central to the story (as you and I agreed above), I still think it was the point that swayed people on whether or not they liked it or not, because of the betrayal themes and childhood promises and whatnot. It's kinda interesting how Akagi reads a story in both the ending and the ending, which is really cool now that I think about it.

Oh and of course I gave School Days a 6/10, which is above average, a good score for my scale.

Who needs spoiler tags, right?
I almost went the extra mile and called him Shinichiro as well, but I decided that Akagi and Taiyaki (Teriyaki's fine, too.) were enough.
And if Akagi was able to go on to be win at mahjong, why didn't Shinichiro become an artist/mangaka/whatever he was (it's been a while since it was brought up in True Tears, and I don't feel like looking up any other Shinichiro's at the moment)

Since we're onto a new page, and the discussion is about finished, I'll decide to leave it at that and say that Minami Kuribayashi and I share the same birthday (June 11). All riight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Added...

Strawberry Panic: Yes, its a shoujo-ai anime but what bugs me is this anime get too many demerits that it didn't deserved. Yeah, I know lots of girls hate it because it has lesbian love stories but how about guys who hates gay love stories? It is a fair game, right? Yes, the girls have unhealthy interests on gays and so guys worked on the opposite way too. Most people also claimed this anime is a Maria-sama ga Miteru clone but I disagree. People who hates it are generally not shoujo-ai/yuri fan.

Kannazuki no Miko: Another shoujo-ai anime that people seems to hate it, including some shoujo-ai fans. I really don't know what went wrong this time but almost all anime reviews I knew seems to hate it too. Maybe those who hates KnM are either did not care what Chikane feels or hate shoujo-ai/yuri in general.
Ah, guys generally dislike gay stories more often than girls dislike lesbians because it's manly to hate gays, since a manly man does not like other men, since they may be more manly than you, so yeah, I'm talking nonsense.
Oh, I also seem to have misread your statement as well, so I guess everything I've typed up to this point has been utter crap. Oh well, I guess I'll leave it there for entertainment.
It works that way for most things, too. For example, if I wasn't a fan of anime about killer loli girls, I would generally dislike Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Elfen Lied, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, and Fullmetal Alchemist.
Generally, not everyone approves of these same-sex love shenanigans, since love only exists between a man and a woman or a man and football, amirite?

I also thought Strawberry Panic! wasn't very similar to Maria-sama ga Miteru; sure, there are catholic schoolgirls in love, but doesn't that make Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru the same as well? (Except that Yui Horie is a guy in a dress.) Strawberry Panic! focused more on romance and characters' relationships, while Marimite was more of day-to-day life involving drama at times and Lucky Star fodder.

Having not seen Kannazuki no Miko, I can't comment, but I've heard that it's the "spiritual descendent" of Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito, which was a good series and is apparently very popular among yurifans. Seeing excerpts and such give me a good feeling about the series, though.
__________________
qtipbrit is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 04:04   Link #23
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Chalk me up for Inuyasha as well. Though I do think Naraku should just die, I enjoy it overall.

Canvas2 and Shuffle!, while not hated in general, have hated endings. Which leads a lot of people to hate the series themselves (see: Myself; Yourself Syndrome). I personally loved the endings and the series they belong
to (well, Shuffle's 1st half was a chore to get through, but the second half was gold).
__________________
Grimkill7 is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 11:02   Link #24
oompa loompa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 28 37', North ; 77 13', East
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Chalk me up for Inuyasha as well. Though I do think Naraku should just die, I enjoy it overall.

Canvas2 and Shuffle!, while not hated in general, have hated endings. Which leads a lot of people to hate the series themselves (see: Myself; Yourself Syndrome). I personally loved the endings and the series they belong
to (well, Shuffle's 1st half was a chore to get through, but the second half was gold).
im gonna go with inuyasha as well.. it has one hell of a story, you really dont see that kind of plot so often. the villain is, really evil, (oh come on, considering they dont make the blood red in the anime, naraku is pretty damn evil) the other characters are cool (EVERYONE thinks sesshy is cool.. ).. everyone else doesnt think its too great but i liked it, and still follow it - the story is really good and it doesnt ever dissapoint, the the build ups and the finales are always rather good. and i think its going to have one hell of an ending as well....

but as for your second choice, i vehemently disagree (without reason as it happens, personal prejudice lol)
oompa loompa is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 11:29   Link #25
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
If I recall correctly, Canvas 2's ending was hated and up for much debate at the time of airing, but unlike Kimi ga Nozomu Eien's ending, its argument kinda subsided somewhat. Personally I...didn't mind the ending, only because the final episode was so well done. Canvas 2 was one of the anime that I thought I will not like it because at that point, I didn't know if any ending will satisfy me. However, I was surprised that its ending did satisfy me.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 11:30   Link #26
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Added...Kannazuki no Miko: Another shoujo-ai anime that people seems to hate it, including some shoujo-ai fans. I really don't know what went wrong this time but almost all anime reviews I knew seems to hate it too. Maybe those who hates KnM are either did not care what Chikane feels or hate shoujo-ai/yuri in general.
For me, Kannazuki is a love-hate series. XD I love it for some reasons and hate it for others. It's hard to decide. I just mainly had a problem with Chikane and her actions and the way ChikanexHimeko was executed. But I loved everything else about the series. Especially how the plot is so delightfully bizarre! And the drop-dead-gorgeous character designs. And the music. OH THE MUSIC...

Quote:
(EVERYONE thinks sesshy is cool.. )..
I actually find Sesshy too overrated. His little brother is better. The way Sesshy cares about Rin is cute though.
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 11:37   Link #27
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Age: 20
Jigoku Shoujo- I like it a lot, sadly many people do not.

Lucky Star- Unfortunately people judge it by the first episode when there talking about food. So a lot of people hate it because of them tlaking about food.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan- Its so funny. I love it! But I know too many people who think its awful
__________________

Miko Miko is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 11:48   Link #28
D a m i e n
permanentely bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: France
Age: 34
Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
gundoh musashi, i loved that thing (you cant call it an anime) but everyone else hates it.
__________________
Outside of a dog reading is man's best friend, inside it s too dark to read...
D a m i e n is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 11:59   Link #29
CoyoteNL
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Netherlands
Age: 29
Simoun. Loved it, though I understand why many people don't like it. Personally I loved it's characters and the ending was brilliant in my opinion. Also, Saikano is pretty much a 'love it or hate it' kind of anime I think...
__________________
Favorite anime of all time: Saikano
Other favorites: Cowboy Bebop, Marimite, Marimite Haru, Kashimashi, Elfen Lied, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Gunslinger Girl, Simoun
Watching: Strawberry Panic, Minami-Ke

Last edited by CoyoteNL; 2008-02-25 at 12:29.
CoyoteNL is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 12:24   Link #30
Icehawk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 32
I thought Sunabozu (Desert Punk) was a comedy classic but it seems that it just wasnt popular with many other people.
Icehawk is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 12:27   Link #31
Kyrie
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The bottom of a lake
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyrie Send a message via MSN to Kyrie
I would probably have to go with Inuyasha also :x

But I can understand why people don't like it. What got me was the ending *twitch*
Kyrie is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 14:18   Link #32
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
Pretty much the opposite of the other thread. No, I don't mean underrated. We already have a thread like that. I mean shows that you liked and you see a LOT of negativity about them. Online reviews, a majority of opinions you see on forums, what your friends say, etc. This is your chance to defend them.
Excellent. I think that this is a much more interesting (not to mention positive) topic than the other thread.

Ikkitousen: Most of the people who watch either of the anime will readily admit that it's a pretty bad show. Heck, even I think that it's a pretty bad show. However, it's also very fun and it has a very wierd pandering bizarre interesting take on the characters of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. In fact, if it weren't for the connection (tenuous as it is) between the two works, it probably wouldn't appeal to me at all.

Gundam Seed Destiny: While it's a very popular show, it raises an extreme amount of ire among Gundam fans, particularly the more hardcore fans. While it certainly could have been a better show, I don't think that the writing was as bad as it's made out to be. On the positive side of things, I think that the overall (meta)plot of the show, the themes, and the characterizations are quite good, perhaps even exceptional for a Gundam show. Moreover, irrespective of the overall quality of the overall show, it still contains some truly excellent episodes with either nice character bits or great imagery. Admittedly, one of the main complaints about Seed Destiny is that the action scenes aren't very good, but I'm not really an action fan so it never bothered me all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron_Basileus
Metal Idol Key - I haven't met another person whose seen this one.
Ah, so you watch older shows. while Key isn't horribly popular, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people who hated it after watching it. It's more that it's ignored because it's a little older.

Quote:
"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"
"Evangelion"
While shows like these have a vocal group of dissenters, they are extremely popular, and are overwhelmingly approved of.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 14:28   Link #33
Amray
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Age: 24
I Absolutely Adored Chrno Crusade, but not many people seem to take any notice of it.
Shame really, t'was a masterpiece.
Amray is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 16:16   Link #34
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
I really like Naruto Shippuuden. It is well done, with good atmosphere and awesome music. The second opening irritates me though. However, I don't like very much of it after episodes 30 or 31. After the saving Gaara arc finished, the quality of the show took a sharp nose-dive for no apparent reason.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 16:34   Link #35
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
I Absolutely Adored Chrno Crusade, but not many people seem to take any notice of it.
Shame really, t'was a masterpiece.
It's a shame that people just throws a series aside and hate it completely if it didn't have the ending they wanted. While I personally hate some of the endings to my most enjoyable anime, I personally rated them a 7-8 instead of just saying I hated it.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 17:09   Link #36
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
That's curious...InuYasha supporters. How rare.

The first thing I loved about InuYasha: Kikyo. A wonderful character, beautifully realised. Hers is the tragedy of a woman who could be human only after she was no longer human. I especially enjoyed her role in the Shichinintai arc, which further revealed the complexity of her character.

The second thing I loved about the series: its inventiveness. Rumiko Takahashi is often accused of recycling stereotypes in her stories. She is less often praised for her ability to keep them fresh. I loved how she managed to use the series as a platform for adventure, drama, action, comedy and romance. The concept worked very well, and she whipped it for all it was worth. (That said, she really does need to learn when to end a story...)

InuYasha may lack the sheer kinetic energy of Bleach and Naruto, but in terms of story and character development, it is much stronger than the two later shows. It'll remain one of my favourite anime series for a long time to come.
TinyRedLeaf is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 18:00   Link #37
Nicole Louis
Renji girl
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Street Fighter Alpha; the movie. This is the first Street Fighter movie I ever saw. It's excellent, especially Ken's answer to the "Why does he fight?" question.
__________________
Nicole Louis is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 18:08   Link #38
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Soul Link. I'm not going to claim it was the greatest series ever, but it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it at least. It had rather stale characters, but that only makes it average. If you hear some people talk, they consider it one of the worst anime ever, which I think is unfair.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 19:54   Link #39
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Excellent. I think that this is a much more interesting (not to mention positive) topic than the other thread.
I think it's more fun to talk about things you love instead of hate.

In regards to Ikkitousen, I found it funny.

Quote:
I Absolutely Adored Chrno Crusade, but not many people seem to take any notice of it.
Shame really, t'was a masterpiece.
Oh I LOVE Chrno Crusade very much. It's in my top ten for sure. The ending made me sad but it was still an amazing series. I'm trying to get all the DVDs for it.
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 20:01   Link #40
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I know more Evangelion haters than lovers. I don't care what anyone says, that is the greatest anime show I've had the priveledge of watching.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 534,898 bytes and 180 pixels it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
War_Lord is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.