AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Old 2003-11-12, 17:46   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Flash_Squirrel lists all the alternative clients in his BitTorrent Step-By-Step. That's why he didn't feel the need to link it here.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 20:31   Link #22
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smee
where can i download eikes 3.2.1b?

Do a google search and type in eikes 3.2.1b

You'll only find one link.
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 17:22   Link #23
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

I thought it was my network card drivers that needed updating... and the weird thing is after I updated it... for 4 days straight.. it didn't crash once on me... even leaving the computer on at night time to dl animes...

But for the first time today... I got the blue screen of death again... I notice.... my dl speed will start to go down... then my internet connection craps out... and then the blue screen will come on... so usually when I see the dl speed start to go down... I'll restart my computer b4 I see my blue screen. But during start up... windows has been doing a disk check... and its never had to do that b4.

Anyways... I thought I figured out the problem... but I guess that wasn't it and it just worked for awhile... so its on to trying out yet another bittorrent program. Maybe the 4th one will be the charm. There's gotta be one that isn't buggy and will work for me.

I've used numerous P2P programs and other programs and it is the Bittorrent type programs are the only one that craps out on me.

Well let me give another one a try... and if one works... I'll post it here in case someone else is having the same problem I am.

Hmmm or maybe I need to ditch my Netgear FA311 network card for another... or my Linksys BEFSR41 Router for another... acckkk to expensive to go thinking that just yet... :: prays that another bittorrent program will do the trick ::

Oh the current one I'm using right now is the ABC Bittorrent program.
Old 2003-11-17, 23:36   Link #24
Neko

Send a message via MSN to Neko
Well I have a somewhat similar problem, I don't really see the blue screen of death so I'm not sure its the same as everyone elses problem (Though it does come up on some rare occasions while I use bit torrent so maybe)

Anyway I'm using a Dell Inspiron 700 something MHZ celeron CPU laptop running windows 98. I've got a Linksys network card. The reason I think my problem is different is because it usually just freezes my computer, but instead of some problem with the drivers, I think its my CPU crapping out. Bit torrent apparently uses a lot of system resources because the fan on my computer only kicks in when the CPU is in full gear.

Anyway because I'm worried about my CPU, I'm reluctant to leave the thing running over night, so I usually have to baby sit and kill bit torrent so the fan can catch up with the CPU.

I'll update my drivers if only because I haven't tried that yet. Though If someone can recommend me a client that doesn't hammer my CPU that'd be most appreciated. If not, then maybe a client that constantly saves data to my hard drive so I can resume where the computer crashed. The one I have only saves data if I cancel the d/l.

BTW, I'm no computer expert, the CPU thing is just my guess. If its sounds like something different please tell me so I can rest my fears.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-19, 21:07   Link #25
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

No No... its the same problem as me. Most of the time what it does is it crashes my computer... I mean my screen will be frozen and then I'm forced to push the button to turn it off and start it back on. Occasionally I'll get the blue screen of death but not too often.

I'm not sure how to solve your problem... but try updating your network card drivers... I did that and its much better now. I don't have the crashes as much anymore and I'll see the blue screen of death only once in awhile. Before updating the drivers... it would crash every 5-10 minutes of dl'in... so sometimes it crashes over 20 times before I can finish one episode... so try that and see if it makes a bit of a difference and like the others said... try switching to another bittorrent client and see if it works better. I've already made 4 switches and so far... I like the ABC one just cuz I can see all my dl'ins in one window as oppose to the many when I use the regular bittorrent program. It still crashes on me here and there but at least it doesn't do that too often anymore to where I had to worry about leaving my computer on.

Well... I'm still looking for solutions to these problems... so if you find an answer let me know

Oh... I don't worry about my CPU working too hard and overheating anymore... I got the Thermaltake Extreme Volcano 12 heatsink and can adjust the fan speeds accordingly... I must say... that fan kicks so much a$$... and it didn't cost that much either.
Old 2003-12-09, 00:48   Link #26
slicknick1986
Inactive Member

PIGGIEE...I have a Netgear FA311, too... and the SAME problem

I just set up a new PC and I am using the Netgear FA311 network card with the latest (and only) drivers available for it. I, too, get the IRQL blue screen when I download with Bit Torrent for a few minutes. My computer freezes every few seconds right before the blue screen comes up.

What I wanted to ask you is, do you remember what the blue screen said? Did it mention the "NDIS.sys" file? If you remember, please let me know. I think I'm going to buy another network card. I have a feeling the device driver for the Netgear FA311 isn't entirely compatible with certain programs on Windows XP.
slicknick1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 09:45   Link #27
Neko

Send a message via MSN to Neko
I fixed my problem with a different client called call PTC, one of the earlier versions. The thing uses a helluva a lot fewer system resources than the last client I used, so it doesn't melt my CPU unless I have a high upload speed. anyway, if your problem sounded like mine, I'd recommend you try PTC.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 13:36   Link #28
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

Cool! I'll have to try PTC too... cuz all the other ones seem to eat up alot of my system resources...
I might also just end up getting another network card... I've been having too many issues with other programs when using the Netgear FA311.
Old 2003-12-17, 17:54   Link #29
slicknick1986
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiGGiEE
Cool! I'll have to try PTC too... cuz all the other ones seem to eat up alot of my system resources...
I might also just end up getting another network card... I've been having too many issues with other programs when using the Netgear FA311.

I just the 3Com 3C905C....and it works flawlessly. Bye bye Netgear.

I suggest you do the same if you're having trouble with the FA311/
slicknick1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 18:28   Link #30
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

Cool Thanks for the update! I'll go get a new network card! YES! Bye bye Netgear crappy FA311
Old 2003-12-18, 01:35   Link #31
lordlucless

A topic thats come up a bit in the BT developer mailing list is about BitTorrent hogging CPU time. Without getting into the details, BitTorrent establishes a lot of simultaneous connections when its downloading from lots of clients. Apparently, sometimes WindowsXP chucks a spack when it goes over 61 connections. I'm not sure if this is the same problem you're experiencing, but if it is, there's an option with most clients to limit the number of simultaneous connections - set it to 60 and you should be fine.

(Note: The standard BitTorrent client from Bram only allows you to set these parameters from the command line)
lordlucless is offline   Reply With Quote