AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-26, 15:02   Link #61
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Whaaaaaat?

There's even a subforum for this series here for Jeebus' sake!
This is at ANIMESUKI. At other places EXCEPT here, it's practically unknown.

For me, I always like Zero no Tsukaima Season II. I don't know why people don't like it. I think it was WAY better than the first season, and had excellent drama, especially by the end.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-02-26, 16:38   Link #62
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
okay then... lemme think

FLCL i guess.. not many people i know actually like it, they think im an idiot for watching it all the time and especially when i tell them there is actually a story behind everything...
Saiyuki is another fine example, there's hardly any saiyuki discussion going on here XP
Inuyasha.. though the ending got to me eventually...
and lastly i guess GSD, i actually liked the Shinn character where as everyone else kept on bashing him :P

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2008-02-26 at 17:44. Reason: cause im an idiot XD
-KarumA- is offline  
Old 2008-02-26, 17:11   Link #63
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
I can't think of much that seems more appropriate to put here than in the underrepresented thread... maybe Shana II? A lot of people seem to be very disappointed, to the point of almost dropping the series. I still love it and enjoy the series very much, though it certainly is a step down from the action-packed first season.
__________________

Last edited by Echoes; 2008-02-27 at 15:54. Reason: removed the no-longer-relevant quote
Echoes is offline  
Old 2008-02-26, 20:46   Link #64
qtipbrit
Buddhajew
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
This is at ANIMESUKI. At other places EXCEPT here, it's practically unknown.

For me, I always like Zero no Tsukaima Season II. I don't know why people don't like it. I think it was WAY better than the first season, and had excellent drama, especially by the end.
Ah, not 4chan.
People disliked the second season of Zero no Tsukaima because Agnes stole the entire series with her emo fire-mongering and such.

Also, I find it funny that people complaining that Higurashi, Elfen Lied, and other more gruesome series are liked only for the gore, especially since I've never actually met or conversed with someone who had liked either series for gore content, or any series in general.
I'm going to assume for now that it's an excuse for people who dislike popular gory series.
__________________
qtipbrit is offline  
Old 2008-02-26, 20:54   Link #65
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I can't think of much that seems more appropriate to put here than in the underrepresented thread...
That's because anime that has a positive consensus is more obvious than anime that people hate. Usually when I hate a series, I don't go around saying how much it sucks, but when I love a series, that's the first series I recommend in the Suggestions thread. Therefore, in a non-gay way, I'm showing more love than hate.

The thread should really be called anime you love but some seems to hate, or enough people seems to hate it that it concerns you.

Of course there are anime like Naruto and Bleach that are widely hated (right now, in this forum) and maybe School Days, but besides those three it's hard to claim that a lot of people "hates" a specific anime.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-02-27 at 00:38.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-02-26, 20:56   Link #66
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
mine would be Inuyasha
__________________
King Lycan is offline  
Old 2008-02-26, 21:00   Link #67
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Added...

Strawberry Panic: Yes, its a shoujo-ai anime but what bugs me is this anime get too many demerits that it didn't deserved. Yeah, I know lots of girls hate it because it has lesbian love stories but how about guys who hates gay love stories? It is a fair game, right? Yes, the girls have unhealthy interests on gays and so guys worked on the opposite way too. Most people also claimed this anime is a Maria-sama ga Miteru clone but I disagree. People who hates it are generally not shoujo-ai/yuri fan.

Kannazuki no Miko: Another shoujo-ai anime that people seems to hate it, including some shoujo-ai fans. I really don't know what went wrong this time but almost all anime reviews I knew seems to hate it too. Maybe those who hates KnM are either did not care what Chikane feels or hate shoujo-ai/yuri in general.
I like both of those two anime Strawberry Panic is pretty good, solid 7 for me, but I love Kannazuki no Miko, one of my favorite anime of all time but could see why people don't like.
I would like to mention, Yu-gi-oh ...no I am not kidding, though I don't love this anime I still like it. Yes it's a freaking card game anime, but for some reason I enjoy watching these card game battle between people.
I wonder do Cyber Formula OVAs counts? Because I don't know the what most people think about the anime.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline  
Old 2008-02-26, 21:01   Link #68
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Im going to go old here and say Tokyo Underground. Having never read manga in my life, the off-story ending didn't affect me. With that aside i found it to be a good story and an interesting twist on how the natural world can be missed.

Another is Night Wizard. while the "baddie of the day" feel does damage it, i found the story interesting and funny. Also i really liked the characters. If it had 26 eps to break the "baddie of the day" feel i think it would have been a top anime.

While Inuyasha and Naruto aren't horrible, i feel they drag on too long and could be finished by now.
__________________
Goodbye AnimeSuki
You have lost your once great spirit
SeedFreedom is offline  
Old 2008-02-26, 23:28   Link #69
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Under the Crimson Air
Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
This is at ANIMESUKI. At other places EXCEPT here, it's practically unknown.

For me, I always like Zero no Tsukaima Season II. I don't know why people don't like it. I think it was WAY better than the first season, and had excellent drama, especially by the end.
QFT, I preferred Season 2, the drama in Futatsuki no Kishi was much better than that of Season 1's, it had a better plotline too IMO.

However, I kinda disliked Agnes 'cause of all her Mage hate too...
__________________

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline  
Old 2008-02-27, 05:13   Link #70
oompa loompa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 28 37', North ; 77 13', East
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
mine would be Inuyasha
i think inuyasha is beginning to lose its right to be in this thread, there seems to be plenty of support for it - me included (which is a good thing!)
oompa loompa is offline  
Old 2008-02-27, 08:48   Link #71
Phantasmagoria
†Mizore Shirayuki†
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko
Kannazuki no Miko: Another shoujo-ai anime that people seems to hate it, including some shoujo-ai fans. I really don't know what went wrong this time but almost all anime reviews I knew seems to hate it too. Maybe those who hates KnM are either did not care what Chikane feels or hate shoujo-ai/yuri in general.
Lol, I think you went to the wrong places [Sites I go sing praises, lol]
As for Strawberry Panic!, I do agree with you on some parts.
__________________

Rosario + Vampire[Mizore].Spice and Wolf[Horo].
Hayate no Gotoku![Hinagiku].Hayate no Gotoku![Maria]
Phantasmagoria is offline  
Old 2008-02-27, 08:52   Link #72
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Sisters Of Wellber I Don't See Many People In AS Love This anime..>.<
__________________
The Chaos is offline  
Old 2008-02-27, 13:05   Link #73
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Ah, not 4chan.
People disliked the second season of Zero no Tsukaima because Agnes stole the entire series with her emo fire-mongering and such.

Also, I find it funny that people complaining that Higurashi, Elfen Lied, and other more gruesome series are liked only for the gore, especially since I've never actually met or conversed with someone who had liked either series for gore content, or any series in general.
I'm going to assume for now that it's an excuse for people who dislike popular gory series.
Ah, well, I guess I can understand the issues with Agnes, but I decided not to dwell on it.

Well, I think series like Elfen Lied were liked less because they were "gory", per se (by that I mean gore for the sake of gore), but because it was basically loaded with shock-content. It's not something we typically expect, but they gave it to us anyway and didn't hold back. At all. I think that's where the appeal comes from. Like why people watch horror movies. Some people just love the shocking stuff, and I can appreciate that fact.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-02-27, 13:10   Link #74
BabiiLeeLee
Kawaii LeeLee
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada. I just moved from Japan. <;[
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to BabiiLeeLee
Haii
TeeHee
Inuyasha-kin all the way ^__~
BabiiLeeLee is offline  
Old 2008-02-27, 14:33   Link #75
roninhobbit
Roboguzu
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I haven't run into it on Animesuki, but I've met a lot of people that hated Dragon Half. I can't understand why...I crack up every time I watch it.
roninhobbit is offline  
Old 2008-02-27, 14:50   Link #76
Amray
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Age: 24
I never met many people who were big fans of Big O. I loved it, it was cool.
Amray is offline  
Old 2008-02-27, 15:25   Link #77
JustInn14
moo
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Earth, the planet of stuff
Age: 21
Higurashi. I know it's popular here, but, your average person would probably freak out at all of the blood and guts and stuff. My parents would only freak out at the language!

lol.
__________________
JustInn14 is offline  
Old 2008-02-27, 19:37   Link #78
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninhobbit View Post
I haven't run into it on Animesuki, but I've met a lot of people that hated Dragon Half. I can't understand why...I crack up every time I watch it.
I LOVED Dragon Half. Don't see how people could hate it.

Perhaps they hate the lack of it? Two episodes....yeah.

Quote:
I never met many people who were big fans of Big O. I loved it, it was cool.
Big O is well-liked among my friends, if that makes you feel better.
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2008-02-27, 19:46   Link #79
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
It seems at an average popularity here, but I've seen many places that dislike Air TV.
Shinigami_Mello is offline  
Old 2008-02-27, 19:52   Link #80
qtipbrit
Buddhajew
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_Mello View Post
It seems at an average popularity here, but I've seen many places that dislike Air TV.
Really?
It has a few flaws, mainly its pacing, but I haven't seen (m)any forums and such that especially dislike Air TV. Sure, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's not something like School Days that is widely hated.

Speaking of which, I liked it.

What are these places that you speak of?
__________________
qtipbrit is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.