AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-28, 17:34   Link #2001
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Look, just because Euphie is dead and Lelouch is ambiguous about relationships does not mean I am jumping on the yaoi bandwagon, okay?

I get enough of that from the people on Hikaru No Go and I am just damn sick of it at this point
Plus there's the fact that the White Queen doesn't represent him, the White Knight represents Suzaku.

Also you shouldn't argue with Karuma about Yaoi he's currently writing the longest story in the Code Geass fanfiction section, and it's a M rated Yaoi with the pairing being LuluxSuzu. Though I haven't read it, and don't plan on reading it becuase of the Yaoi content (no offense Karuma).
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 17:38   Link #2002
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Plus there's the fact that the White Queen doesn't represent him, the White Knight represents Suzaku.

Also you shouldn't argue with Karuma about Yaoi he's currently writing the longest story in the Code Geass fanfiction section, and it's a M rated Yaoi with the pairing being LuluxSuzu. Though I haven't read it, and don't plan on reading it becuase of the Yaoi content (no offense Karuma).
no offense taken =3
btw its SHE not he.. he he
it will probably be the longest int hat section cause i dont think anyone will go as far as me =3 im just half way now.. almost half way to be honest XD over 200 pages ieck!
im writing a new story at the moment.. thought hey are short stories but heck.. i guess that is to blame for that saying X9
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 17:56   Link #2003
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
no offense taken =3
btw its SHE not he.. he he
it will probably be the longest int hat section cause i dont think anyone will go as far as me =3 im just half way now.. almost half way to be honest XD over 200 pages ieck!
im writing a new story at the moment.. thought hey are short stories but heck.. i guess that is to blame for that saying X9
Wow 200 pages, and you're only half way...

Sorry bout calling u a boy, I guess I should've known ur a dirl since your into Yaoi.

What are your new stories gonna be about.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 18:04   Link #2004
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Take it to the fan fiction discussion thread people!!
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 18:38   Link #2005
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Take it to the fan fiction discussion thread people!!
moving the response tot hat topic now =3
continiueing the conversation there
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 11:39   Link #2006
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
You know, I was going over the clips from Code Geass, and Darlton's death kind of struck a cord with me, especially after I learned he had an adopted son in the Glaston Knights (Probably the Brown Haired Poofy one) that I'm wondering whether or not he'll step up and take his dad's place in Season 2, as we didn't get to learn a lot about the Glaston Knights, and that will only get more difficult now that the Knight's of the Round are making their debut. Still, one hopes they don't waste Darlton's legacy by not letting us see his son.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 11:51   Link #2007
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
They may mention who he is, but we have so much to do that we can't have too many plotlines going on. If the intent is to finish the whole series within somewher around 25 episodes, as I believe it is, then they can't waste too much time with everything.

The plotlines we still have to take care of are:
Defeating Britannia (that is a given of course)
The truth about Geass
The truth about C.C.
The truth about Marianne
What the Emperor's plan is
How V.V. factors into all this
The Lelouch/Suzaku conflict
The story with Ougi and Viletta
Secret of Suzaku's abilities
And thats all I can think of from season 1

Season 2 plotlines that will likely occur:
Who Rollo really is and how he relates to everything
Where Nunnally is and how she factors in
The truth about what happened in the cave
Development of the Knights of Rounds
Involvement of China and EU and Lelouch getting those people on his side
Romance
Kallen's story
Building the Order back up
Lelouch overcoming something
The ending
And that is all I came up with so far

Some of those plotlines, particularly the one's from season 1, probably won't get an explanation till late in the series and some may be explained all at the same time. And with all that, I still question how much time they are going to waste with the school. I don't really see the point of Lelouch going anymore except for early in the series when they are still trying to get everything going. For instance, episode 21 was certainly funny but with the exception of Nunnally and Euphemia meeting and Euphemia's announcement, I thought the episode was a waste of time. I understand the need for light hearted moments after all the chaos, but do there need to be whole episodes devoted to such a thing when there are much more important matters to be dealt with.

This also leads me to question how much they plan on dealing with romance. If they insist on having multiple girls deal with Lelouch then I fear that will take up to much time as well. I'd rather that they perhaps have a few moments with any of the potential girls and then just focus on on paticular pairing developing and I couldn't exactly see any pairing developing very fast. Of course, they could always develop any relationships enough to the point where they could kill off one of the girls in the end and allow another to take Lelouch ( I'd rather they didn't take such a path though). They could just rush things along without anything being too deep and just go with what would be easiest to work into the ending. Such a thing also depends on how Lelouch develops in season 2 and changes, so perhaps those changes will alienate other pairings from being possible.

I don't think any of the moments in season 1 will have a large impact with any romance in season 2. Given that Lelouch's memory seems to be gone, everything has pretty much been reset from what it was in season 1. Things will probably develop in a different way with everyone in this regard. C.C. and Lelouch will probably become farther apart while Kallen will become much closer. C.C. probably has her goals on a higher priority list than anything else at the moment anyway.

Of course they could always take some path that makes the ending rather ambiguous so that such things wouldn't be much of a problem even if they ran out of time. I'd rather we had a definite ending though and hopefully not one that is too bittersweet.

By the way, the official season 2 site is up: http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/geas/index.html
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Dann of Thursday; 2008-02-29 at 17:12.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 17:39   Link #2008
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I don't think any of the moments in season 1 will have a large impact with any romance in season 2. Given that Lelouch's memory seems to be gone, everything has pretty much been reset from what it was in season 1. Things will probably develop in a different way with everyone in this regard. C.C. and Lelouch will probably become farther apart while Kallen will become much closer. C.C. probably has her goals on a higher priority list than anything else at the moment anyway. [/url]
I agreed with you 50/50. C.C. might spend time with Lelouch less, but that doesn't mean Kallen will spend time with him more. And as I can see from the official website Character page, Kallen MIGHT (but hope it's not like that) becomes minor character instead of one of the main characters. Becaue those Knights (Anya and Gino) and Lee seem to have more parts in the season 2.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 17:47   Link #2009
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I'd say it is a given they'll have Lelouch spend time with Kallen more since she barely spent any time with Lelouch as he was. Now that she knows he is Zero there can actually be development. They probably planned all this out from the start.

C.C. will probably not interact with Lelouch as much. The timeskip may have had something to do with it I suppose. She'll probably focus on her goals more than anything now. I'm beginning to doubt there will be much more progress between her and Lelouch anymore. It probably won't go any farther than it went in season 1. That business relationship will likely remain as it is. There is no real way of making their whole relationship become anything more without it having a sad end, though they might decide to do that if they wanted a bittersweet ending.

Kallen's story was moved to season 2 so she'll have a lot more screen time probably. They probably released so little info on her because she has jumped up in importance or something like that. I widh they would stop using her as the primary source of fanservice in this show though, since I am getting a little tired of it.

Which episodes in season 1 were by either Okouchi or Yoshino?
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 17:59   Link #2010
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
and as for any Suzaku romance...
i guess with Euphemia's bitter murder and everythign else that followed i guess he's too bitter to fall in love again..
though if he does fall in love again i hope it isn't with our lolli girl...
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 17:59   Link #2011
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Illinois
I hope it doesn't turn out like Gundam Seed, when Fllay (C.C.) died and Lacus (Kallen or any other girls) replaced her in Kira's heart.

I hope there will be torrent out after the special premire of Episode 1. Because they had Macross Frontier Episode 1 special premire out.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 18:00   Link #2012
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Meh, we learned a lot of things about Kallen in Season 1. So i think at the very least the only remaining points will be her dad and maybe her brother unless they just leave him dead.

AND C.C is NO WHERE NEAR Fllay! If anyone was Fllay, it was Shirley and she's bascially done for the most part, the only thing left I presume is to have her and Lelouch reconcile about events before and then we are done with her for good I think.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 18:16   Link #2013
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
and as for any Suzaku romance...
i guess with Euphemia's bitter murder and everythign else that followed i guess he's too bitter to fall in love again..
though if he does fall in love again i hope it isn't with our lolli girl...
I believe one of the magazines said he was still all depressed from her death, which is quite understandable. I don't know if Anya can become something of a love interest for him, though her fear of not being remembered may make her want to form such a relationship with someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
I hope it doesn't turn out like Gundam Seed, when Fllay (C.C.) died and Lacus (Kallen or any other girls) replaced her in Kira's heart.

I hope there will be torrent out after the special premire of Episode 1. Because they had Macross Frontier Episode 1 special premire out.
It will probably be exactly like that.

And I think the Macross episode was on T.V. A special screening will probably not allow for any chance of a torrent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Meh, we learned a lot of things about Kallen in Season 1. So i think at the very least the only remaining points will be her dad and maybe her brother unless they just leave him dead.

AND C.C is NO WHERE NEAR Fllay! If anyone was Fllay, it was Shirley and she's bascially done for the most part, the only thing left I presume is to have her and Lelouch reconcile about events before and then we are done with her for good I think.
We didn't learn all that much really except for the basics.

I didn't see it earlier, but isn't she? She is basically manipulating Lelouch so that he may grant her wish and become what she needs him to become in order to grant it, just like Fllay did with Kira. She'll probably realize she had feelings for Lelouch, but it will be too late and then she'll die. Then Lelouch may have some sort of after life visit from her like Fllay did with Kira. Seems more than likely to me.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 18:20   Link #2014
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
One, Lelouch is NOT Kira the idiot Yamato, two she did not manipulate Lelouch, they both agreed to this deal, three unlike Fllay she's done everything to STAY away from having feelings for Lelouch and has made it crystal clear on where the line is drawn which Lelouch is just fine with. If they get together, they'll get together for genuine reasons, of which I have no doubt.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 18:23   Link #2015
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Okay, okay. I know this isn't anything like SEED really since the characters are way more complex. I'm just being rather negative about the whole situation with them at the moment.

And if they did genuinally develop feelings for one another, what are the actual chances that it would go well for them in the end? I'd say close to zero with the way things seem to be going.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 18:25   Link #2016
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
http://character.biglobe.ne.jp/special/geass/camp09/

Vote for your favorite episode~

Hard one...
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 18:29   Link #2017
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Meh, better then some people I think. Until otherwise, Kallen kind of hated him when he was just Lelouch, and knew as well as anyone there was no possibility of having a relationship with Zero so she turned it into devoted loyalty, and when the two came together she was just... unhinged by it and broke down. So, while waiting for R2 to come, this is where those two stand.

And I'm optimistic things could go well with C.C and Lelouch as much as anyone, because no matter what the pairing their going to obviously have a lot of barriers and obstacles to overcome in order to make it work in the end, so I think our witch and warlock have about as much a chance as anyone else until otherwise.

P.S: I went with episode 23, it was just really cool to see him taking the lead instead of hiding in the shadows in that episode
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 18:43   Link #2018
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
http://character.biglobe.ne.jp/special/geass/camp09/

Vote for your favorite episode~

Hard one...
I hate having to choose just one. I think the finale may get a lot of votes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Meh, better then some people I think. Until otherwise, Kallen kind of hated him when he was just Lelouch, and knew as well as anyone there was no possibility of having a relationship with Zero so she turned it into devoted loyalty, and when the two came together she was just... unhinged by it and broke down. So, while waiting for R2 to come, this is where those two stand.

And I'm optimistic things could go well with C.C and Lelouch as much as anyone, because no matter what the pairing their going to obviously have a lot of barriers and obstacles to overcome in order to make it work in the end, so I think our witch and warlock have about as much a chance as anyone else until otherwise.
I meant the chances of them both being able to be with one another without one of them being dead or somewhere else entirely. I agree on season 1 Kallen completely though.

I try not to be optimistic anymore since you are more easily disappointed that way. A lot of the shows I have been watching have either ended on a bitter note with pairings or are going in a bad direction. Lelouch and C.C. can't be together in the end without it being way to positive. I'm all for love overcoming all odds, but you rarely see that happen anymore. Taniguchi also seems to be relatively realistic with situations like this so I am not expecting anything good to come of that pairing.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 18:47   Link #2019
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Most of his series ended with the pairings that were pretty obvious, so if he sticks to his formula there's still a good chance something like it, though perhaps not overtly touching and full cheesy dramatics and maybe even not blatantly stated, can indeed happen. I've no reason to believe otherwise at this point so I won't, it just makes things more overly complicated and distressing then they may be.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 18:49   Link #2020
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I don't really recall there being much in the way of pairings in s-CRY-ed or GXS. The main characters didn't end up with anyone really. Planetes only gave the main character one option and all I know about IR is that the main character went with one girl at first and then another by the end.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.