AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2008-02-19, 00:55   Link #321
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine-Tails-Nin View Post
I have nothing to base this on but I think Hani-mejin is the "killer".
Well, he does have really evil eyes. That's a good enough reason to accuse him.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 02:20   Link #322
Likely

ive been watching shion no ou since the beginning but never thought it as a awesome show, until now after seeing ep16. without giving away spoilers, it was deep and progressive. perfect.

by the way, how the heck are you guys already seeing 17 and saying it is great? dont tell me guessing at the raws?
Likely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 02:32   Link #323
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

They're watching raws alrighty. Though some of these folks can do more than just "guess" at them.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-02-19, 07:53   Link #324
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
For some reason i found Shion extra cute this time around with A-Date Pj's and he worrying over what kind of text to send Ayumi.
Her little blush was really cute, too.

Can someone tells us a bit more about those "ADATE" items that appear often in Shion's wardrobe? Is this a product placement? If so, it's the only one I've noticed, though I haven't really been looking for them.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-02-19 at 08:49.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 12:37   Link #325
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Kamizono once said that the only thing Pro's could do for other people was winning money. In a sense I think that what Kamizono liked from Ayumi was his/her selflessness into doing whatever it took for helping those he cared about, unlike the selfishness the Meijin showed when he wanted to become Meijin for no other than himself. Into the "play for nothing other than money" was a reminder in the lines of "remember you are doing this for others, and for your own pleasure".
Don't you mean "NOT for your own pleasure"?

I guess that is why kamizono never accepted any other deciples because they all thought about themselves, like wanting to be the best or come out on top. There maybe a deeper side to his logic but its still pretty misty.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 00:24   Link #326
ThoHell

WOW...Satoru......poor guy, his life was one tragic event after the other. Ep 28 was good. Satoru finally showed his real self, a pretty good guy.

Spoiler:

Saito making some moves now....WOW....GO SIATO X SHION PAIRING!
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 06:44   Link #327
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Ep 18 you mean (not 28)

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-02-24, 06:50   Link #328
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

ThoHell: How about having all that in spoiler tags?
Old 2008-02-24, 08:59   Link #329
Saleh
Inactive

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

@SeijiSensei Sorry, I hadn't quoted it properly.

Last edited by Saleh; 2008-02-24 at 15:02. Reason: Fixing the spoiler tag
Saleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 09:33   Link #330
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I hate to be the one who keeps harping on spoiler tags in series discussion threads, but:
(a) any material from episodes not yet fansubbed must be spoilered; and,
(b) for $deity's sake, if you quote spoilered material, make sure the quotation is in spoiler tags as well.

I generally still use spoilers for 24-48 hours after a sub release to give everyone a chance to be current. After that, it's fair game.
Old 2008-02-25, 17:16   Link #331
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

Spoiler for ep18:
And thanks to those who are reminding us to use spoilers. As one who is sometimes guilty of not using them when I should, I think I should be the one "harping" on it.
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga the Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Knights of Sidonia | Black Bullet
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 12:43   Link #332
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 17 did a wonderful job at showing us Satoru's true purpose behind his actions. I hope this'll give people the chance to start liking his character, like i have.

Even though nothing was really mentioned, this episode gave me such a strong feeling that Hani-mejin is the murderer. I still see no reason behind this, though that feeling is there and it won't go away.

Looking forward to Shion meeting the new Ayumi in the next episode, if it happens.
Old 2008-02-28, 16:28   Link #333
Crimsonangel

Might just be me.. but with the way the series has gone, I can't help but think there's going to be one final twist at the end of it all, leaving us going either going "W.T.F." or O__O

... or both. (And yes, this is after seeing the newest episode, despite only being able to understand 70% of the raw >_<; )
Crimsonangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 17:04   Link #334
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Well that is what makes this interesting. Pointing fingers at the wrong person or whatnot really get the gears turning

Satoru has proven to be as much as a victim as shion. I guess he is pretty much out of the picture for being mr killer

Old 2008-02-28, 17:44   Link #335
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I continue to wonder at the origin of Shion's magatama pendant. How can the mangaka show Sion and Satoru having the same pendant and never tell us why or how? It's frustrating that something can be present, yet unexplained. Perhaps it is unexplained because even Shion doesn't know the origin of her own pendant. I'm suspecting that they got their pendants from the same person. Now the question is if they got that pendant from Satoru's fiance or the murderer.

Episode 17 hints that the murderer is central to Shion's life in ways that Shion has forgotten. I am starting to suspect that Shion knew the murderer before her parent's were killed, but forgot it due to the trauma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Looking forward to Shion meeting the new Ayumi in the next episode, if it happens.
Very much. Ayumi is looking so manly, it's amazing.

Old 2008-02-28, 20:17   Link #336
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah but playing shougi with the victim is plain sick imo. Those nice words of playing a calm shougi came from the murderer and not her foster father was a very sick revelation.

Poor Ayumi, he made a deal with the devil himself. But he looks very manly now.

Poor Satoru. His brother definitely deserves a kick in the ass imo.

You guys are tempting me with the spoilers for ep. 18.
Old 2008-02-28, 22:21   Link #337
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Poor Ayumi, he made a deal with the devil himself. But he looks very manly now.
Shion might like the new manly look, but I miss Ayumi. He should have thought more about his fans, what will detective junior do now?
Old 2008-02-28, 22:45   Link #338
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Somehow I don't think episode 17 got the "A" team. When Ayumi appeared with Hani watching the match on his computer,
my daughter and I were both shocked at how ugly he looked:

Throughout this show the artists seem to have real problems drawing people in profile. The full-face shots,
especially those of Shion, are usually quite good, but the profiles are often rather awful. Nikaido-san has also
suffered from poor profile renditions in a couple of instances I can recall.

Oh, and may I ask again what ADATE is? Is it a brand of clothing?

Spoiler for events in ep 17:

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-02-28 at 22:58.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 00:13   Link #339
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I continue to wonder at the origin of Shion's magatama pendant. How can the mangaka show Sion and Satoru having the same pendant and never tell us why or how? It's frustrating that something can be present, yet unexplained. Perhaps it is unexplained because even Shion doesn't know the origin of her own pendant. I'm suspecting that they got their pendants from the same person. Now the question is if they got that pendant from Satoru's fiance or the murderer.

Episode 17 hints that the murderer is central to Shion's life in ways that Shion has forgotten. I am starting to suspect that Shion knew the murderer before her parent's were killed, but forgot it due to the trauma.
I agree with your key points here. First im glad to see im not the only one the pendant bothered. I have actually been waiting for a long time now for it to be explained who gave it to Shion but nothing has been reveled. Then surprise surprise Satoru has the pendant this was a shocker for me. Given the information they presented to us in this episode reason would dictate that Shion and Satoru got their pendatns from the same person just as NoSanninWa stated. Im going to go out on a limb and say it was Satoru g/f that gave them both the pendant. Shion remembered that Satoru g/f was precious to her and we can only assume the same from her side. Satoru knew that Shion had the same pendant if the killer had been the one to give them both of them of magatama i think Satrou would have brought it up to try to trigger more of Shion memories. Also, it think the writers are presenting us with a deeper meaning behind the matching pendants and thats Satrou is as much a victmin as Shion they have more in common than they they are different.

Im starting to understand Satorus thought process a little more. I want to watch the episode again to be sure but. Satorus seemingly picking or harassment of Shion is not only good for him but good for Shion as well. Satoru obviously knows that any clues that will lead to the killer are locked in Shions subconscious. Honestly, the best way to bring out those locked memories is in the method Satrou is using although its cruel. The mind wont voluntarily unlock traumatic memories becaues its protecting itself you have to trigger it and thats what Satoru is doing. If Shion remebers the killer than he gets his revenge for his gf who he obviously does not believe died of natural causes.

Shions mind has done great a job protecting her by linking the image of what was said to someone familiar and trustworthy to the person like Shion did. She replaced his face and his voice but kept the lesson this made it easier for her mind to take its very interesting how Shion no Ou is using multiple psychological aspects progress the plot. Im more convicend now that ever that Shion knew the killer the killer did not break in he was probably let in and Shion talked with him becaues she knew him and whoever it is still in Shions life.

Satrou is off the hook in my mind all the fingers seem to be pointing at Shions adoptive father now. But i dont like scenario either its something so fishy about it was conveniently passed on to him because he was the neighbor a shouji player and knew Shion and her parents. I dont know it just doenst get any alarms going off in my head.
Old 2008-02-29, 00:47   Link #340
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Ep 18 you mean (not 28)

Spoiler:
As we never get to see the face it might've been someone else. Perhaps it was Satoru and that was his reason for doing all this to Shion.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, games, loli, seinen, studio deen