AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-02, 23:13   Link #101
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoron View Post
tsuruya, lol-fang-kun

since the computer president is a girl already....
that means we should make kimidori emiri a guy... unless you want a male kimidori claiming to be the boyfriend of the computer president who is a girl... <_<
That's the whole idea of this thread. We just need to make everything work out.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 23:40   Link #102
Hedd
Random Object
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
100 posts already, it hurts my head.
__________________
Hedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 23:43   Link #103
Shizzon
MEDIC!!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere where anime is real and I watch reality on TV
Send a message via AIM to Shizzon
its amazing how quickly this thread is growing
Shizzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 23:45   Link #104
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Fan creativity at its best? Or did we all already have strange notions of what the show would have been like with the genders reversed?
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 23:45   Link #105
shaoron
AQS representative
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
the fact that the first 3 pages of this thread came from the image thread... <_<
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 23:45   Link #106
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Fan creativity at its best? Or did we all already have strange notions of what the show would have been like with the genders reversed?
Well, Kyon-ko IS hot...
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 23:46   Link #107
Raijinken
Victoria's secret weapon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Under a roof, and somewhere above dirt.
The thread's growing, and so is the team, hopefully. If there IS a rewrite of the novels I would like very much to be a part of it. I'm told that I'm not bad at writing, and I'm a fan of the series.

Also, sorry for popping out of nowhere. Like a gopher. Or a mole on one of those games.

...If you're going to bean me with a mallet, please be gentle...
Raijinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 23:51   Link #108
Falkor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Whoever came out with this idea has to be a genius. That said, Kyon-ko is surprisingly moe in ponytail. We need more of those 4-komas and fan art.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:24   Link #109
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Suzumiya: A hot blooded young lad with skirt chasing tendencies, and surprisingly has scored with many girls primarily due to how good-looking he is. However his short attention span leaves him disinterested in pursuing relationships very far. Kyon-ko has interested him in that she does not reciprocate his advances, making her the only girl worth really going after.
I'd change that first line to: A hot blooded young man with skirt chasing tendencies, and surprisingly hasn't scored with any girls. His like of "the chase" precludes any serious commitment to any relationship... though his good looks keeps the girls coming for more. Kyon-ko changes this because of her general disinterest of him and his ilk. Used to all the attention the girls give him, he starts to get intrigued by Kyon-ko's disinterest... (and wonders why the heck she looks so familiar!)



and since Melancholy got english dubbed, I see NO reason why such speculation shouldn't be included.
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:26   Link #110
shaoron
AQS representative
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
(and wonders why the heck she looks so familiar!)
bamboo leaf?

for haruki's introduction (copy-paste-edit from baka tsuki translation)

My name is Suzumiya Haruki. I graduated from East Junior High. Normal humans don't interest me. If anyone here is an alien, a time traveler, slider, or an esper, then come find me and be my bride! That is all.

with that said...
the reason why he 'hadn't score with any girls" is because he "finds out" that none of them are alien, time traveler, slider or esper...
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:26   Link #111
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: A town that has been showered by snow...
Age: 28
There's been people talking about Kyonko sporadically since Haruhi managed to hit big. Even during Comiket 71 onwards, a small of doujin on Haruhi have featured the gender bending Kyon. There's even the radio drama CD which has a segment that turns every member of the SOS's voice to that of Haruhi's if you would count that as gender bending.

However, the gender bending thing has taken off somehow as of late.
__________________

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori


panzerfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:28   Link #112
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I'd change that first line to: A hot blooded young man with skirt chasing tendencies, and surprisingly hasn't scored with any girls. His like of "the chase" precludes any serious commitment to any relationship... though his good looks keeps the girls coming for more. Kyon-ko changes this because of her general disinterest of him and his ilk. Used to all the attention the girls give him, he starts to get intrigued by Kyon-ko's disinterest... (and wonders why the heck she looks so familiar!)



and since Melancholy got english dubbed, I see NO reason why such speculation shouldn't be included.
Ah. So Suzumiya's a lover of the hunt then? That would fit a GAR persona better actually. (That and the whole aliens, time travelers, and espers bit.)

We can spectulate about voice actors (Japanese, English, and whatever language you guys want to talk about) later.

We should focus on moving along with figuring out how the characters would act in the various situations of the series. For instance, I can already see Suzumiya becoming GARlock in The Day of Sagittarius. Like at the part where they're losing:

GARuhi: Fine! I'll launch with Gu***n-La***n! WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM?!
__________________


Last edited by DJ_RockmanX; 2008-03-03 at 00:50.
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:40   Link #113
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Question

About adult-Mikuru... if we go along with the idea that young-Mikuru is shy and timid as a guy, would his adult self be a confident GAR-ish towering hairy-chested "Lord Genome" type of character?

The unintentional comedy potential here is tremendous. I can easily imagine Kyon-ko getting scared senseless when she receives the "love letter" and finds herself face-to-face with a "stern-looking gorilla".

Adult-Mikuru *hugging Kyon-ko*: "Yo."
Kyon-ko: *screaming internally*

It also maintains the factor of "she/he became from this to that?!"

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:42   Link #114
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
About adult-Mikuru... if we go along with the idea that young-Mikuru is shy and timid as a guy, would his adult self be a confident GAR-ish towering hairy-chested "Lord Genome" type of character?

The unintentional comedy potential here is tremendous. I can easily imagine Kyon-ko getting scared senseless when she receives the "love letter" and finds herself face-to-face with a "stern-looking gorilla".

Adult-Mikuru *hugging Kyon-ko*: "Yo."
Kyon-ko: *screaming internally*

It also maintains the factor of "she/he became from this to that?!"

Cheers.
We thought about that, but then saw the other pictures of adult male Asahina as a tough yet gentle bishie. Irresistible for the fangirls in a different way than shota Asahina.

Male Asahina is for the girls what female was for the guys. Is what I'm thinking at least.

Thinking of a ridiculous GAR transformation like that for shota Asahina is beginning to scare me.

Doesn't mean your idea isn't hella funny though.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:48   Link #115
shaoron
AQS representative
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
i wonder... what is kyonko's reaction when asahina mitsuuru (big) greets her and then hugs her...
where would the "birthmark" be? still the chest? so gar... <_<
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:49   Link #116
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
About adult-Mikuru... if we go along with the idea that young-Mikuru is shy and timid as a guy, would his adult self be a confident GAR-ish towering hairy-chested "Lord Genome" type of character?

The unintentional comedy potential here is tremendous. I can easily imagine Kyon-ko getting scared senseless when she receives the "love letter" and finds herself face-to-face with a "stern-looking gorilla".

Adult-Mikuru *hugging Kyon-ko*: "Yo."
Kyon-ko: *screaming internally*

It also maintains the factor of "she/he became from this to that?!"

Cheers.
I'd support this.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:54   Link #117
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'd support this.
You realize that it's the equivalent of Honey Senpai evolving into Lord Genome right?

Give the fangirls their chance at a timid shota evolving into an assertive bishounen. Plus, in the original, Kyon felt attracted to the adult Mikuru on the basis on how much she had matured, and yet retained her original charm. I believe that a bishie is the correct path to take here.

Leave the Lord Genome evolution for the 4-koma's.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:57   Link #118
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
You realize that it's the equivalent of Honey Senpai evolving into Lord Genome right?

Give the fangirls their chance at a timid shota evolving into an assertive bishounen. Plus, in the original, Kyon felt attracted to the adult Mikuru on the basis on how much she had matured, and yet retained her original charm. I believe that a bishie is the correct path to take here.
Eh, I prefer the other one for humor purposes. But yeah, that works better within story context.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:59   Link #119
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Eh, I prefer the other one for humor purposes. But yeah, that works better within story context.
Hell, I think any of us would agree with you on the incredible humor we'd see with a situation like that.

If any fan artists would be willing to fulfill this wild dream for us, please do so.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 01:07   Link #120
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoron View Post
i wonder... what is kyonko's reaction when asahina mitsuuru (big) greets her and then hugs her...
where would the "birthmark" be? still the chest? so gar... <_<
For those familiar with Minami-ke, imagine Hosaka. A handsome young man who revels in revealing his well-sculpted (but not overly-muscled) chest. While we men like "boobies", women appreciate pecs too.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.