AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-03, 00:30   Link #1801
arkhangelsk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Youíre missing the point. Itíd be almost the same if itís a fic about whatever non-Fate-character x Nanoha or whatever non-Nanoha-character x Fate.
It has nothing to do with the fic by itself, all is about the simple act of doing it, doing something that goes against the beliefs (I donít know if this is the correct word) and expectations of the thousands of fans enjoying of the fruit given by the authorís efforts.
Let me rephrase what you just wrote. You propose that an author is only free to write what he wants when he's unpopular. The moment he gains a bit of fame, he should be a slave of fan Tyranny-of-the-Majority (not even democracy, because democracy is "rule of the people", which is a little different from "tyranny of the majority")?
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:31   Link #1802
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
*facepalm* Here we go again...

EDIT: For the record, if you're turned off of a fic by Yuunoha, don't read the second half of my story when I release it in god-knows-when, as I start to evolve their friendship into god-honest romance. All the implied yuri is shifted to Vivio and Syn, who share their own version of the Nanoha and Fate dynamic (implied love-love, etc etc).
__________________
Kagerou - Generic Universal Rage Producing System
Kagerou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:33   Link #1803
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
*facepalm* Here we go again...

EDIT: For the record, if you're turned off of a fic by Yuunoha, don't read the second half of my story when I release it in god-knows-when, as I start to evolve their friendship into god-honest romance. All the implied yuri is shifted to Vivio and Syn, who share their own version of the Nanoha and Fate dynamic (implied love-love, etc etc).
Don't worry It's always been like this before and it will continue to be like this.

Sheesh. Two of our best H4XXBusters actually came here and are responding to Haru's repetitive points...*sighs*

I'm going back to Cadia.



Vivio/Syn relationship?!?!

DO WANT!
__________________
"You wanted to say that, but you didn't have enough common sense."
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:36   Link #1804
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Nah, I like some of the people here. I'll go back to Cadia in a little bit.

Anyway, back on topic, I propose a question:

If Satashi-nyan (example used as the most popular author on the fanfic thread) had never written any of the NanoFate stories that you have seen by said author, and instead featured different pairings of some sort (say Yuunoha, for the lulz), would you have still read them? Personally, I would have, simply because I like a good read.
__________________
Kagerou - Generic Universal Rage Producing System
Kagerou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:39   Link #1805
BPHaru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Let me rephrase what you just wrote. You propose that an author is only free to write what he wants when he's unpopular. The moment he gains a bit of fame, he should be a slave of fan Tyranny-of-the-Majority (not even democracy, because democracy is "rule of the people", which is a little different from "tyranny of the majority")?
No, you're wrong, I said that you have 2 options, to keep doing what you do the best, or to do something else that can go against your fans, but in both cases you should accept the consequences.

Saludos, Haru
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:39   Link #1806
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Hope you guys can bear to go on-topic for bit. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
EDIT: SbtB XVI

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3991951/16/

Enjoy~ (Angel is really busy so I'm posting now so I won't have to bother her when she gets home to do this >< )
Spoiler for nonsenses of mine:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:40   Link #1807
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Nah, I like some of the people here. I'll go back to Cadia in a little bit.
Me too ^^ This was my "Refugee home" () while I took my (very long) break from Cadia

Good, good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Anyway, back on topic, I propose a question:

If Satashi-nyan (example used as the most popular author on the fanfic thread) had never written any of the NanoFate stories that you have seen by said author, and instead featured different pairings of some sort (say Yuunoha, for the lulz), would you have still read them? Personally, I would have, simply because I like a good read.
Precisely. Haru believes that Yuuno and Nanoha simply don't go together and will avoid Yuunoha like the plague. He's stated many times in the past that the only thing he has against Yuuno is when he's with Nanoha. With someone else (besides Fate of course) it's fine but Yuunoha is a definite nono is his book

Oh and he likes fics in which Yuuno is bashed (apparently. I get this from his reaction at Mikeybikey's Christmas fic)
__________________
"You wanted to say that, but you didn't have enough common sense."
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:44   Link #1808
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
For Kha:

Fate walked over to Nanoha. "Hit me."

"What?" She blinked.

"Hit me," Fate repeated.

Nanoha cracked her knuckles "okay..." Rearing back, she slugged Fate hard, ripping her face to the side, before doubling over as the blonde's hand slammed into her stomach "wha...?"

"A hit for a hit," Fate caught Nanoha and handed her to Chrono before laying on the floor.

A few moments later the door to the computer room burst open and several people barged in. "They got some information," Chrono to told them as they shuffled in. "I got them down, go secure other areas!" Fate got up and darted forward, kicked one of the me, and ran out of the room before the other could react. ';Good luck, Fate,' Chrono thought.

~*Meanwhile*~

Yuuno attempted to wiped the sweat off his forehead as he disengaged the safety lock on Death Scythe Assault. Groaning at his arm hitting his space suit shield, he shook his head and floated in the zero gravity to the hatch that would release the mech into space. 'I hoped to never use these things again...'

Moving over into another hanger he looked over the large mobile suit in front of him. 'Hello again, Sand Rock.' The hatch opened for him as he landed on the large chest and fell into the pilot seat, lighting up the controls and finally grabbing both joysticks. A relic glowed faintly as the energy powered up, allowing the mech to stand and walk to the door, which was sliced into four pieces, revealing the cape covered mechanized unit. 'I thought we stopped this war...'


~**~

Anyway, thanks for the review Junkedcat! And the Fate landscaping thing was spiffy. Really interesting to imagine Fate like that, specially pouring water over her chest sounds like something landscaping!Fate would do.
Fate Maxwell and Yuuno Rabera Winner computes just well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Nah, I like some of the people here. I'll go back to Cadia in a little bit.

Anyway, back on topic, I propose a question:

If Satashi-nyan (example used as the most popular author on the fanfic thread) had never written any of the NanoFate stories that you have seen by said author, and instead featured different pairings of some sort (say Yuunoha, for the lulz), would you have still read them? Personally, I would have, simply because I like a good read.
I would too even if I were from the other side; a good literary work ranks above all.
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:46   Link #1809
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Yes, of course he's not a tsundere, but Chrono is. Kyon is a straigh and sarcastic in extreme man
And also freakishly intelligent, able to refer offhand to all sorts of esotheric things which most teenagers don't know about, though his intelligence doesn't quite translate into his exam results. Then again, speaking from personal experience, the Asian schooling systems are by and by not suited for very bright teens; case in point, I've got a fairly high IQ and a considered very bright, but my exam results have never been much to brag about. (The fact that I've been in severe depression for almost my entire school career didn't help much.)

Quote:
That's right, you got the point.
Yeah, but you didn't, Haru; I was trying to subtle make a point to you that the same principle could be applied to you.

Quote:
You’re missing the point. It’d be almost the same if it’s a fic about whatever non-Fate-character x Nanoha or whatever non-Nanoha-character x Fate.
It has nothing to do with the fic by itself, all is about the simple act of doing it, doing something that goes against the beliefs (I don’t know if this is the correct word) and expectations of the thousands of fans enjoying of the fruit given by the author’s efforts. I have said it before several times: when you have too many people who care for you and for what you do, you acquire certain responsibilities, you can just ignore them or you will end hurting people, or you simply can keep doing what you enjoy, your fans enjoy, and what has carried you to where you actually are. You know, is not like Joanne Rowling instead of keep writing books of the popular novel Harry Potter as she did, started writing dirty novels inspired in the medieval age… what will fell their fans in that situation?
Yes, but in the end, Haru, the author retains the final control. The fans have an expectation, yes, but the author does not totally exist to fulfil their expectations. Also, your argument of simply doing the same thing is what leads us to deriviative works. I'm not saying that there always has to be newness - everything under the sun has been invented already. (Just look at TV Tropes and read all the tropes in their wiki.) What my point, Haru, is that the audience, while they may have expectations of an author, in no way has any right to dictate to the author what the author should write or attempt emotional blackmail of the author to get what they want.

As for your example of J.K.Rowling... ironically, something similar happened several years ago. Baen Books author John Ringo, wanting a change from his military science fiction Posleen War series (properly called Legacy of the Aldenata) penned a technothriller called "Ghost", about a former Navy SEAL who got mixed up into a terrorist plot (and in the process of foiling the plot, killed Osama bin Laden and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad). What really caused Ringo's readers to cry foul was not just the change of genre... but the fact that Ghost had plenty of sex in it. Not just medieval romance smut, but full-on BDSM.

Ringo lost a fair number of his fans who'd originally started reading his Posleen War books. He also gained new fans who liked his Kildar books better (series fanname after book 2, Kildar.) Financially, the five Paladin of Shadows books have sold better than all of Ringo's other books, combined.

So, my point: it's up to the author to decide where they want to go, and the audience has to decide if they want to follow the author. And frankly speaking, from a practical point of view, there's not much that fanfiction readers can do to persuade a determined author away from a new direction, simply because we don't pay for fanfiction, we read it for free.

(Incidentally, after exploring new directions in the Kildar books, Ringo went back to the Posleen War books. His writing has much improved.)

Quote:
Satashi is not Joanne Rowling, and RH is not Harry’s rod, but let’s remember who the author of most of the NanoFate fics over ff.net is, and who wrote the fic with most reviews in the entire Nanoha section, that will eventually reach 300 reviews. Is not the same, but with this comparation you can have an idea of how important is what a fanfic writer of Satashi’s magnitude does.
Haru, you're acting like I've never seen this before.

Seven years ago, Evangelion fanfiction was big. I was a close observer of a similar phenomenon to Satash-nyan in Evangelion fanfiction, where around 7 years ago, Eva fanfiction was defined by 3 people: Strike Fiss, Rakna, and Random1377. Fiss got out of the Eva scene after finishing his magnum ops, Higher Learning; Rakna finished "The One I Love Is" and then took a break, and Random... Random pretty much came to dominate the Eva scene. His position then was very much like how Satashi is right now: the pinnacle of Eva fanfiction, the top dog of lemons and smut writing (well, that was Random's trademark, at any rate).

Random's problem, however, was that he had become such a dominating force in Eva fanfiction, and he was pretty much the driving force behind the Darkscribes fanfiction group, that when he decided to write stuff other than Eva, Eva fanfiction and Darkscribes collapsed. He had, in a way, become too important. (Which is why today DS are a forum for sad, angry fanfiction has-beens who're bitter about life and fanfic writing in general. I started writing more after I left them about a year ago.)

Yes, Eva fanfiction did recover and it still has output. But Random eventually got burned out by Eva and left it, and only recently returned to writing Eva fics - I don't want to see the same thing happening to Satashi. That's why I suport Satashi moving into a different direction/pairing/approach instead of always doing the same old thing.

More examples: Leonard Nimoy was very bitter post-Star Trek. He achieved great fame by playing Spock.... and was never able to find acting work again because he was typecast as Spock. He was stuck in the same rut, always being Spock, so much so that his autobiography was entitled "I am NOT Spock". It is NEVER a good thing to get pegged into a single rut. Specialisations are good and natural, but you need to find other things. Take Navy SEALs. They specialise in maritime operations... and yet form a significant part of special operations work in Iraq and Afghanistan, where there are NO seas, because they are highly adaptable.

One final thought. Satashi's stuff doesn't really do it for me, and if people disliked the military trainings (ha!) in StrikerS, they'll hate my stuff even more, but that's part of life and being different people, we all have different tastes.

There is no reason, then, why the NxF fans should thus trumpet their chosen pairing and heap scorn on those who pursue other pairings; all our chosen options/pairings/approaches are, in the final reckoning, of EQUAL intrinsic value. This is not to knock NxF fans, but this is something that worries Cadians, who don't understand it at all. (We don't mind NxF, Kriss is a Cadian too, but it's just that we tend to see all pairings as equally deserving of treatment and exploration. Including, gasp, NanohaxMaster Chief. Even though as a Halo fan, I know damned well that Chief will never get laid due to Cortana. )

Just some thoughts, and how I sincerely feel.

To repeat: what the author wants to write is what the author wants to write; the fans have no right to emotionally blackmail the author into writing what they want if they are not paying for it and are enjoying the fruits of the author's effort without paying for it, emotional investments notwithstanding.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:48   Link #1810
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3991951/16/
Hey, Satashi! Good work, very interesting althoug I'm a bit lost...
Precia really love Fate as a daughter?

Something like the episode 11 in A's?

Stiil... I need to find part one
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:51   Link #1811
BPHaru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
EDIT: For the record, if you're turned off of a fic by Yuunoha, don't read the second half of my story when I release it in god-knows-when, as I start to evolve their friendship into god-honest romance. All the implied yuri is shifted to Vivio and Syn, who share their own version of the Nanoha and Fate dynamic (implied love-love, etc etc).
I have no idea what you're talking about, but thanks for the warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
If Satashi-nyan (example used as the most popular author on the fanfic thread) had never written any of the NanoFate stories that you have seen by said author, and instead featured different pairings of some sort (say Yuunoha, for the lulz), would you have still read them? Personally, I would have, simply because I like a good read.
The response is no, I wouldn’t read them. I only read NanoFate fics from this series, because there is no other aspect from this anime that gets my attention, if you ask me this anime is not very good, but it has some nice characters.
If it’s about good literature, there are tons of novels out there that I haven’t read yet, but Satashi is one of the few who writes about the character that I love, and I can’t complain about the quality either.

Saludos, Haru
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:54   Link #1812
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
@Haru: Again I say this:I have absolutely no responsibility to the N/F crowd, nor the N/Y crowd. I can write whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want. If people don't want to read it, that's fine. I have written several stories that no one reads. I have written several that no one likes. I have written several that people have ripped to shreds.

I did not "get to where I am" from the N/F fandom. I am a writer, and I go from series to series writing. Are you saying I turned my back on the Pretty Cure fans? Are you saying I back stabbed my Tokyo Mew Mew fans (which, btw, is the most reviewed and read in that section, at 176 reviews for 5 chapters)?

You logic is flawed. I will move on from Nanoha when I see a better series. I will writer other fics when I see something that interest me. I have written several Nanoha stories because of AnimeSuki. I have never talked to people constantly about fics like this before, and that's what keeps me in Nanoha. Hell, I never even finished Strikers. The series isn't that good. I'm here because of friends.

I write because I write. I write to please fans, be they small or large. I don't care if I do a really stupid short just for one person. That person still means as much as anyone else. If anyone should be complaining, it should be the Yuunoha fans because I went from Yuunoha to N/F.

Fans are great. I love fans. I love people who review. I love people who comment. I love the lurkers that silently read my works. But I am not indebted to them. I do not owe them something. Just as they don't owe me anything. The only thing that is a given is the respect to finish a work if at all possible. They want me to finish, and I should finish because that's just what you supposed to do.

However, Authors are not obligated to please the masses over the little people. That's like saying we should ignore (Ethnic Group A) because (Ethnic B) is the majority. How would you feel if the government completely ignored the minority? That's exactly what you're saying for me to do. "Screw the little people, please us because we're more important." (dramatization)

Authors do different things. Some write their souls, some write for fun, some nervously sit there looking at something they did and are torn between deletion and posting. Whatever the reason a writer writes, the same thing is there. We want people to read it. Be it one or one thousand. There are elitist jerks who only want to please the thousands. I'm not one of them.

I don't really like writing Tia/Subaru pairing. I love the pairing but I don't find it pleasing to write about them. But I do. I can create things, I can make things. therefore, I experiment. You didn't rise up against them, you didn't complain I back stabbed people because of it. Why? It wasn't N/F. I wrote something that wasn't N/F and you completely ignored it. But as soon as I go away from a story that involves N/F as a central point with someone else, you go nuts. Why? Because you are pressing for your own desires. You don't care about the masses, nor the little people. You only want written what you want written. Your inconsistency shows that.

So stop with the hateful words. Stop discouraging people. Stop trying to publically call me out as some type of traitor who is required only to write N/F.

That being said, I want to say right now that even though I said I don't owe my fans anything, I want to be clear: That does not mean that I don't respect all of you and your opinions. I am very happy I have fans, and you are all important to me, even the lurkers. Please don't misunderstand my statements here as me not caring for them. Without the readers (fan or friend) then my words are nothing but meaningless text. The same goes for other authors as well, I'm sure. I do not expect readers to praise me, or insult me. They are not obligated to do so. That's what I meant when I spoke of not owing anything. We do what we do because we want to. I write because I want to, people comment because they want to. We respect each other, we don't owe it to each other. That's why a reviewer's words are so important to me. Because they chose to say them.

I used Haru's words as an example in my tirade and I apologize for any hurt feelings this post has made. However it reflects my thoughts as a writer and I don't want to edit it out. The views in this post are my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of other authors, fans, posters, or AnimeSuki as a whole.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:54   Link #1813
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^

This. Words. Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Nah, I like some of the people here. I'll go back to Cadia in a little bit.

Anyway, back on topic, I propose a question:

If Satashi-nyan (example used as the most popular author on the fanfic thread) had never written any of the NanoFate stories that you have seen by said author, and instead featured different pairings of some sort (say Yuunoha, for the lulz), would you have still read them? Personally, I would have, simply because I like a good read.
I've pretty much read everything by Satashi (( that is available to the general public )), except SbtB, simply because I'm too preoccupied atm. I'll marathon it once complete though.

Personally, I value 'execution' above preference, which is why StrikerS put my NanoFate down to 'neutral, don't care' to 'urgh, get your boring interaction over with and give me something more natural and entertaining to watch' in my own personal opinion, of course.

On the topic of what's best for the fans, author, yada yadas, I'll just say this. It's pure subjectiveness, and the author had total freedom on what he or she wants to do, even more so when they don't get a single cent out of it.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 01:05   Link #1814
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Precisely. Haru believes that Yuuno and Nanoha simply don't go together and will avoid Yuunoha like the plague. He's stated many times in the past that the only thing he has against Yuuno is when he's with Nanoha. With someone else (besides Fate of course) it's fine but Yuunoha is a definite nono is his book

Oh and he likes fics in which Yuuno is bashed (apparently. I get this from his reaction at Mikeybikey's Christmas fic)
...*headdesk x9001*
I have a tirade about this down below, kthx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I would too even if I were from the other side; a good literary work ranks above all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
*snip*
Exactly. I don't want to accidentally elevate Satashi-nyan to the level that the entire fanfic community collapses upon a movement to other/better things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
The response is no, I wouldn’t read them. I only read NanoFate fics from this series, because there is no other aspect from this anime that gets my attention, if you ask me this anime is not very good, but it has some nice characters.
If it’s about good literature, there are tons of novels out there that I haven’t read yet, but Satashi is one of the few who writes about the character that I love, and I can’t complain about the quality either.

Saludos, Haru
So... okay, okay, hold on. Hoooolld on.

Basically, you're telling me that, when there's a story with a character you don't like, that you won't even give it a glance?! As an author, this upsets me. Not because I'm writing something you won't like, but because you won't even give it a shot. You won't "think outside your box", if you will.

Look, I respect your opinion about reading stuff about characters you like. That is your decision after all. However, I believe that, as a reader, sometimes you should check new things out. I mean, I like NanoFate, but I like Yuunoha just as much, and when both are a good read, then all the better. Hell, I'm not even a fan of yaoi, but thanks to a friend of mine, I've read so many good stories that just happen to have two male characters in love-love that it doesn't even bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
*snipped/epicwin/etc*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
^

This. Words. Truth.
QFT x8999

EDIT: PEOPLE! IN THIS THREAD! EVERYWHHHEEEERRRREEEE!!!
__________________
Kagerou - Generic Universal Rage Producing System
Kagerou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 01:05   Link #1815
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
^

This. Words. Truth.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
On the topic of what's best for the fans, author, yada yadas, I'll just say this. It's pure subjectiveness, and the author had total freedom on what he or she wants to do, even more so when they don't get a single cent out of it.
Quoted for Truth too.

The point is: We've gone through this a million times already (exaggeration of course), and we're back at the starting point. No matter who it is that says it, it just won't get through Haru's head that authors are free to write whatever they want. Sure if said authors decide to write what you prefer then congratulations, be happy and read it, but I personally think it's disrespectful to completely ignore that same author's work just because "it's not the pairing I like".

With that said, I'll take my leave.

Shall we? (<---- Directed at the other Outer Cadians in this thread)

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
...*headdesk x9001*
I have a tirade about this down below, kthx.
*Little bow*

Glad to be of service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Agreed too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Exactly. I don't want to accidentally elevate Satashi-nyan to the level that the entire fanfic community collapses upon a movement to other/better things.
Last FanFic thread got locked because that topic was touched *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
So... okay, okay, hold on. Hoooolld on.

Basically, you're telling me that, when there's a story with a character you don't like, that you won't even give it a glance?! As an author, this upsets me. Not because I'm writing something you won't like, but because you won't even give it a shot. You won't "think outside your box", if you will.

Look, I respect your opinion about reading stuff about characters you like. That is your decision after all. However, I believe that, as a reader, sometimes you should check new things out. I mean, I like NanoFate, but I like Yuunoha just as much, and when both are a good read, then all the better. Hell, I'm not even a fan of yaoi, but thanks to a friend of mine, I've read so many good stories that just happen to have two male characters in love-love that it doesn't even bother me.
You nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
QFT x8999

EDIT: PEOPLE! IN THIS THREAD! EVERYWHHHEEEERRRREEEE!!!


What's that supposed to mean?
__________________
"You wanted to say that, but you didn't have enough common sense."

Last edited by Fuyu no Sora; 2008-03-03 at 01:47.
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 01:10   Link #1816
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Rize of Tecno-Union

THis time Nanoha is not fighting a common enemy but an entery army, his new enemy is the Tecno-Union Empire (or is Imperie?) A misterius Nation in wich the use of magic is prohibited and punished with death, the only able to use magic is the so called Holly Tecno-Union Emperor, the lider of this country how posses the power of a S++ mage rank, the Tecno-Union Empire is knowed for the powerfull machines it create, day by day, having that way an army of incredible power. Normally there was nothing to be worried about, cause the Empire have no relations with the Time & Space Administration Bureau, but one day a legion of androids comandded by the Emperor's Great General, the ultimate cyberbot ROBO-GATSURALLY, attack section 6 in a vile trap, killing many mages and destroying mos of the equipement of the bureau.

Now Yagami Hayate faces military judment for her imprudence in falling so easy in the Tecno-Union trap, the only way for Nanoha to save her friend's name and honor is to travel to the Tecno-Union Empire and discover the reazon for the attack, to prove that Hayate don't commit imprudence but was victim of a conspiracy.

Nanoha, Fate, Vita and Sinigum must make they way in the middle of Evil Empire full of terrifing machines and twisted experiments, to help they friend, only to discover that the machines aren't the only thing to be fear about and that, not only tha Administration Bureau, but the entire humaniti are in danger.

Chapter one comming soon... I hope
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 01:12   Link #1817
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Spoiler for Long:
Perfect execution of a response :3 This was even enough to draw me away from Myself ; Yourself (Which I highly recommend for those who like standard male/female pairings especially since Yukari Tamura's in it ) to respond to, or at least give my opinion.

Unfortunately, in life there will always be people who are crazy extremists, because they just don't give a hoot about any other pairings, and will demand one pairing while shoving off the pairings just because they don't want to.

However, like you've been saying, that's the wrong way to go about things. I personally also sit on the bench of "Against Yuuno/Nanoha" and I will refrain from reading them. However, on that note, if I come across it accidentally, and it's serves as a go between so that Fate and Nanoha will get together, I'll probably read it because it's part of the story.

On that note, just because I don't like it, doesn't mean I do not respect it. It is a possible pairing. It could have happened in the series. There was a lot of implied Yuuno Nanoha just like there was implied Fate Nanoha, it's just that when A's and StrikerS rolled around, it was leaning more towards the latter.

And there is a particular word I want to emphasize:

RESPECT

I believe it was also mentioned by Satashi, so I'll add a bit more to this particular point.

The way I see it, a fan is one who respects the writer for what he or she is: a writer. Granted they may give the writers the common, "OMG this was great!" or "Looking forward to the next update!" or "UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!" reviews, but rarely will you see them freaking out over the fact that the writer deviated from the established pairing they are known for writing. If anything, they'll support the writer, even if they won't read it. Why? It's because they respect the writer, not the pairing the writer normally dabbles in.

As far as I'm concerned, the moment anyone starts bashing the writers for deciding to write for a different pairing, loses not only the right to be called a fan, but loses their respect from the writer. If anything, those people will most likely be scorned or have arguments against their point.

It all ultimately comes down to respect, and whatever suits the writer's fancy.

Writers will come and go, that is the natural order of life. Eventually, Satashi-sama will leave the Nanoha fanfiction community and move on to a new one. Why? Because there will be a point Nanoha has bored Satashi-sama, and she'll (I'll just label you as a female for now because it's easier for me) have probably found a new series to write for, and would therefore most likely forget Nanoha in favour for her new fandom.

Personally, I don't like Yuuno and Nanoha in that sense, so I tend not to read them. However, I will not go as far as considering it wrong, and that Nanoha and Fate is the only and absolute pairing. It just doesn't work that way. People are entitled to their own opinion, and in a realistic situation, Yuuno and Nanoha is just as possible as Fate and Nanoha. That's just the natural order.

I may or may not give it a peek, but it has to be a really good premise, but I usually read them part way because I'm curious as to how they've presented the situation.

Well anyways, that's all from me
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 01:14   Link #1818
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Evil Rick: I sent you a private message (you can check at top right of screen) and I'm looking forward to your story!

@Thread: I want to state this seriously. I know there are jokes about it and all but seriously:

I am not a god or goddess. I am a normal writer who just writes a lot and constantly. There are better people out there. I can do romance/comedy okay but when it comes to true depth, plot, and gripping characters I am not that good. People like me because I'm constantly doing things, not for total quality. So please be sure to always keep an open mind and especially be sure to comment on other people's stories, for they are very good.

We have a lot of great talent in this thread. So to all you other authors, I salute you for your hard work and efforts, as well as being open minded.

and finally @ Wild goose: We are not all close minded here, I can honestly say that. PLease don't judge us all from what you may see right now. All OC fanfictions are both welcome and encouraged to be posted here. I can't say how they will be taken, as every story is different, but please never hesitate to share your works here. I will be more than happy to profile you and anyone else in the OC thread.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 01:21   Link #1819
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
@ghazghkull: *whistles* Nice two-cents you added there

@Sata-chan: Ah, don't worry about Goose. He's not one to judge an entire mini-community just because of one person He's a most respected figure in Outer Cadia, where he's taken up the post of H4XXBuster (along with others) in the stead of TK (While he's on leave. We're expecting him and will welcome him back when he decides to come back )
__________________
"You wanted to say that, but you didn't have enough common sense."

Last edited by Fuyu no Sora; 2008-03-03 at 08:50.
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 01:27   Link #1820
Hiddenryuu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Send a message via AIM to Hiddenryuu Send a message via MSN to Hiddenryuu
Fanfiction is serious business.

Seriously, I think we can all rest easy knowing that yes, everyone will always have their own tastes and preferences, even though it will differ from person to person, the important thing is that we treat it as we treat every creative work: "Where is the creator coming from? Is it good within it's OWN world." Even if it doesn't suit your personal fancy, the only fair way is to judge it in it's own circle.

On a side note, anyone know what the main casts blood types are ^_^;;;
__________________
"Destroy like a raging fire
Be quick like the wind
Be quiet as the forest
Be still as a mountain" ~ Sun Tsu Art of War

Hiddenryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.