AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-21, 00:23   Link #41
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Yeah, Miria's nickname is still one of the best in the series, only Teresa of the Faint Smile matches it for awesomness.
Old 2008-02-21, 09:35   Link #42
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

In the manga btw, Teresa's smile wasn't that faint really Infact it was more mockingly annoying..

In the anime on the other hand it was perfect! just faint enough to be creepy.... Like on one of the dolls in one of those 17th century gothic doll houses....

Spoiler for True Faint Smile:
Old 2008-02-21, 12:09   Link #43
HelloMrBrahms
Faint Smile victim

Send a message via AIM to HelloMrBrahms
the cool thing about Teresa's nickname is that is does not imply power or even any sort of threatening will. Every other claymore's nickname is one that is supposed to instill fear in another [usually the name of their special skill]. it seems whoever gave her the name decided that she was so powerful that a mild name like Faint Smile would be fearful enough, to one who knew about her.
Old 2008-02-21, 14:25   Link #44
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

One of my favorite is when Clare escapes from Ophelia, then realizing that Ophelia was waiting for her.
I was just as shocked as Clare.
Old 2008-02-25, 22:18   Link #45
SoulesS69
Flora Fan #1 ^^

all flora scenes ^^
anime and manga
Old 2008-02-25, 23:05   Link #46
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
In the manga btw, Teresa's smile wasn't that faint really Infact it was more mockingly annoying..

In the anime on the other hand it was perfect! just faint enough to be creepy.... Like on one of the dolls in one of those 17th century gothic doll houses....

Spoiler for True Faint Smile:
Meh, I actually prefer the manga smile, that particular smile in that image was actually one of my least favorite anime views of Teresa :P
Old 2008-03-02, 13:16   Link #47
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
My favourite scene is when Jean died to bring Clare back.
Old 2008-03-02, 16:11   Link #48
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Ah, a fellow Jean fan Yeah, she was definetly the most noble of all claymores. I doubt any of the fab 7 would sacrifice themselves for a comrade; Yes, even Miria wouldn't I think.

Oh wait, Yuma would gladly do it.
Old 2008-03-02, 20:47   Link #49
hell88
Banned

HAHA Yuma would probably do it if Clare told her too.
Old 2008-03-03, 19:20   Link #50
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

._. all scenes that Ilene were expect with the priscilla AB scene
Old 2008-03-03, 21:02   Link #51
hell88
Banned

Yeah I don't like that scene either, and I don't like Priscilla's awakened form.
Old 2008-03-03, 22:38   Link #52
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Hehe, I thought that scene was quite well done, and a number of people (including an art major friend of mine) consider Priscilla's AB form to be one of the better ones in the series.

Of course most people just don't like that scene due to Teresa's death.
Old 2008-03-03, 22:40   Link #53
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

lol yea cheap shot
Old 2008-03-04, 00:32   Link #54
Zsych

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-03-04, 01:40   Link #55
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Unhappy

For me its more like favorite scenes:

Entire Teresa arc was just so moving but I particulerly
liked this part

When the bandits came to the town were Clare was and Teresa sees Clare , she just has such a horrified face. And then , Swish!! " Say your prayes retches!" And then she kills them all! You know you all were like die bandits die!(sorry, I guess I 've just been watching too much Death Note) But I was just filled with Morbid Satisfaction at this part. We rarely get scenes like this, were the bad guys get just what they deserve.

When Jean died saving Clare I was like NO Jean No and then Clare breaking down "I am the weakest of all Claymores. Why are you dead and not me" Hear face was so sad

Spoiler for For manga I think it was slightly differnt from the Anima:

Last edited by Torri_fay_torren@hot; 2008-03-11 at 21:21.
Old 2008-03-04, 01:55   Link #56
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
For me its more like favorite scenes:

Entire Teresa arc was just so moving but I particulerly
liked this part

When the bandits came to the town were Clare was and Teresa sees Clare she just has such a horrified face. And then , Swish!! " Say your prayes retches!" And then she kills them all. You know you all were like die bandits die!(sorry, I guess I 've just been watch too much Death Note) But I was just filled with Morbid Satisfaction at this part. We rarely get scenes like this, were the bad guys get just what they deserve.

When Jean died saving Clare I was like NO Jean No and then Clare breaking down "I am the weakest of all Claymores. Why are you dead and not me" Hear face was so sad

Spoiler for For manga I think it was slightly differnt from the Anima:
OH, that town scene with the bandits, Teresa, and Clare was for sure one of the best. Teresa's eyes, expression, and actions were just WOW! And Clare awakening in the manga was awesome too. Partial awakening so hot!
Old 2008-03-06, 14:14   Link #57
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I was floored when Clare introduced herself as number 47 to Miria, Helen and Deneve. Especially when Helen explained there were only 47 slots available. At the time we knew about the ranking system from Teresa and had met numbers 1-5. After seeing how royally Teresa destroyed the youma it seemed to me like Clare should be fairly tough for inheriting her strength. How wrong I was. I just sat there thinking, Clare is the weakest one? THE WEAKEST? What? Raki's response was pretty good too.

It was so different than what I expected to see that it has to be one of my favorite moments.
Old 2008-03-06, 14:32   Link #58
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
I was floored when Clare introduced herself as number 47 to Miria, Helen and Deneve. Especially when Helen explained there were only 47 slots available. At the time we knew about the ranking system from Teresa and had met numbers 1-5. After seeing how royally Teresa destroyed the youma it seemed to me like Clare should be fairly tough for inheriting her strength. How wrong I was. I just sat there thinking, Clare is the weakest one? THE WEAKEST? What? Raki's response was pretty good too.

It was so different than what I expected to see that it has to be one of my favorite moments.
I thought Clare was fairly tough as well, until I found out she's the weakest. Then I started thinking about how powerful some claymores must be, and I was like HOLY CRAP!
Old 2008-03-07, 13:50   Link #59
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Irene's return. I'd been waiting for it for a while, beginning to doubt... then bam! cloaked stranger, just desserts for Ophelia. Ophelia was a pretty scary Ax Crazy and a good character in that sense but in the end I just can't bring myself to like a sadist, even a fictional one.

First Awakened Being hunt. The fight wasn't so great for me, but the discussion afterwards and Galatea's descriptions of their emotions and the conflict in the group gave me chills for some reason. Getting introduced to Miria, Galatea, and the weakness and greatness of Clare all in one arc was great value-for-time, too.
Old 2008-03-07, 13:58   Link #60
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

When I first read through the manga I had no idea that Irene was still alive. I was convinced she had been slaughtered along with Sophia and Noella. It was so incredible to see Ophelia get so royally owned after seeing the power gap between her and Clare. Then I had the strangest desire to poke Irene's nose and say "beep". And pull one of her ears for some reason.

I went nuts when Miria said, "We are already awakened."