AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-03, 10:53   Link #781
Leebot
Cognivore
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Someone tell me why no Japanese forces noticed the presence of the Searrs troops?
They did... they were just all wearing red shirts that day and didn't want to risk it.

Last edited by Leebot; 2008-03-05 at 16:59. Reason: typo
Leebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 19:37   Link #782
EoT
~~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Age: 24
Is Mai Hime Destiny a series or another OVA to be?
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 19:40   Link #783
Sakuya
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
Is Mai Hime Destiny a series or another OVA to be?
It's a novel series. The main characters, Mayo and Shion, appear in My-Otome Sifr though.
__________________


Check out !
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 10:42   Link #784
WarpObscura
Bibliophile
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: There's this dot on the world map...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebot View Post
They did... they were just all wearing red shirts that way and didn't want to risk it.
Oh handwaves, how we hate thee.

I seriously wish the writers had bothered to put some time into remembering that; I'll attempt to explain it in a new draft of the relevant Prinz von Sommerhoffnung chapter, but I doubt anyone else really noticed that plothole.
__________________

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 11:07   Link #785
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
I did.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fNowhereStreet
__________________
"The Expanded Otomeverse"

"You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water."
~ Samantha Carter
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 11:53   Link #786
Otomefan
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
It seems to me that our best shot of finding out if Destiny will be turned into an anime will be in the final episode of S.ifr. Only because it seems to be the trend that on a last episode of an OVA, at least for Otome, there will be an announcment for a new series.
Otomefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 12:03   Link #787
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
Destiny anime? No way. It would just be confusing. Sunrise would sooner expand Otome or make a third Mai series instead of an alternate universe confusingly set in the same place and with the same characters.
__________________
"The Expanded Otomeverse"

"You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water."
~ Samantha Carter
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 17:23   Link #788
Ippikiookami
One of many ShizNat fans
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Someone tell me why no Japanese forces noticed the presence of the Searrs troops?
They probably did. But since Searrs is internationally powerful and holds the strings to a lot of governments, they probably threatened or bribed them not to take action. They do say they are there "at the request" of the Japanese government.

Remember in that same episode, there's a shot of Searrs soldiers in the office of some town businessman (or maybe the mayor or some other figure), and there's also a shot of the soldiers blocking off the entrance of the school and talking through a megaphone to the citizens outside, telling them to stay calm. (I can't take screenshots, but it's about 7 minutes in.)
__________________
Not related to lone_wolf.

Last edited by Ippikiookami; 2008-03-06 at 21:31.
Ippikiookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 19:07   Link #789
solarknight123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippikiookami View Post
They probably did. But since Searrs is internationally powerful and holds the strings to a lot of governments, so they probably threatened or bribed them not to take action. They do say they are there on "at the request" of the Japanese government.

Remember in that same episode, there's a shot of Searrs soldiers in the office of some town businessman (or maybe the mayor or some other figure), and there's also a shot of the soldiers blocking off the entrance of the school and talking through a megaphone to the citizens outside, telling them to stay calm. (I can't take screenshots, but it's about 7 minutes in.)
Yeah that's true. Remember in Ep. 12 after Mai and Mikoto rescue Natsuki in the plant, she explains what Searrs truly is and says that they even have the power to decide who could be president of the US. Then Miyu speaks up and says that that is a small example of the power and influence the organization holds.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 06:22   Link #790
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
It's a novel series. The main characters, Mayo and Shion, appear in My-Otome Sifr though.
To put those characters + Ayane (well... her design look alike ) who are the mains of the other series (novel and manga) running...
IMO, they'll gonna stop the Mai-thing in anime.

To me, it's like a big package, and then... nothing.
A big "bye bye".
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 02:42   Link #791
EoT
~~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Age: 24
After re watching Mai Hime I have a few questions.
Spoiler for Hime:
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 02:58   Link #792
AceMan
Observer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 26
Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
Spoiler for Hime:
Spoiler for MH:
__________________
AceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 05:59   Link #793
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Why did we see Elliot arriving with her car if she was on the train with the others the night before ?

Did she come back to Garderobe, pick up her bag and came back ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 07:16   Link #794
EoT
~~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
Spoiler for MH:
Spoiler for yeah:
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 08:59   Link #795
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
Good observation!

The Alyssa-kissing-Miyu thing certainly looks like certification. And it seems that Miyu requires Alyssa to unlock her powers.

If HiME and Otome are indeed related, it's another hint that the Otome system was designed by Searrs. If they aren't... well, nice allusion there.
__________________
"The Expanded Otomeverse"

"You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water."
~ Samantha Carter
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 11:56   Link #796
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Good observation!

The Alyssa-kissing-Miyu thing certainly looks like certification. And it seems that Miyu requires Alyssa to unlock her powers.

If HiME and Otome are indeed related, it's another hint that the Otome system was designed by Searrs. If they aren't... well, nice allusion there.
To me, she just "speaks" to her...
As seen in Episode 25, Miyu was able to unlock her ultimate mode after "alyssa" called her.
No kissing, since Alyssa was...

Spoiler for Character statut...:


So I would go with the "Miyu, can you kill those girls please ?"
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 21:18   Link #797
EoT
~~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
To me, she just "speaks" to her...
As seen in Episode 25, Miyu was able to unlock her ultimate mode after "alyssa" called her.
No kissing, since Alyssa was...

Spoiler for Character statut...:


So I would go with the "Miyu, can you kill those girls please ?"
Hmm no. Alyssa definitely did kiss Miyu as you can see here : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tification.jpg

In Episode 12 that happened but when she Miyu used her speed enhancement/sword voice certification was used too so thats like a Otome right? I am not sure why but sometimes the master says "In my name use my power..."

In episode 25 you are right there is no kissing but text saying emergency call but yeah that could be related to the restriction being removed in episode 26 of Mai Otome because of the red star of destiny being visible (as it is in Mai Hime)

Here is the Hime star:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Wa/RedStar.jpg

And Otome star: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eofDestiny.jpg

Last edited by EoT; 2008-03-11 at 23:18.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 07:19   Link #798
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
Hmm no. Alyssa definitely did kiss Miyu as you can see here : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tification.jpg

In Episode 12 that happened but when she Miyu used her speed enhancement/sword voice certification was used too so thats like a Otome right? I am not sure why but sometimes the master says "In my name use my power..."

In episode 25 you are right there is no kissing but text saying emergency call but yeah that could be related to the restriction being removed in episode 26 of Mai Otome because of the red star of destiny being visible (as it is in Mai Hime)

Here is the Hime star:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Wa/RedStar.jpg

And Otome star: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eofDestiny.jpg

If you are right... "what" is she kissing ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 07:38   Link #799
EoT
~~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
If you are right... "what" is she kissing ?
Either she is kissing her cheek, ear, hair or she is sucking on something
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 09:05   Link #800
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
Either she is kissing her cheek, ear, hair or she is sucking on something
OMG... I laught so hard !
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.