AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 29 29.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-14, 08:47   Link #101
cnnydz
Feed me
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
^Metamorphosis loves hecate though.
cnnydz is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 08:52   Link #102
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
^Metamorphosis loves hecate though.
Good point. I don't think that all of Bel Masque is going to survive, though - not unless we get a cliffhanger ending.
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 09:03   Link #103
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fighting demons and the like
Well, after seeing this episode, there are a lot of surprises

Still...
Spoiler for Reiji Maigo:

Gotta love cliffhangers
__________________
FlameSparkZ is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 09:08   Link #104
AzoJason
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Metamorphosis dead would indead be pretty good in my point of view, since
little cute Hecate is FREE!

HecateXYuji

whaha... Would make a nice couple, but not possible, eh?!..
__________________

Currently watching: Queens Blade, K-ON, Guin Saga, Eden of the East (Higashi no Eden), DBZ Kai, FMA Brotherhood
Bleach/Claymore/FMA/Black Lagoon Manga
AzoJason is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 09:11   Link #105
ThoHell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Kind of expected that ending/cliff hanger to come. Why does Yuji keep going from strong character to weak? He screamed before anything happened or defending himself.....
__________________
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 10:09   Link #106
arkxkra
全力全開
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Non-management 97th world
Spoiler for :

looking forward to next episode.
__________________
arkxkra is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 10:14   Link #107
metronome
Mad Loli
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: FraudPayments.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-Emperor View Post
I agree with you there. However, don't you think that if you were a badguy you'd try to be abrupt too? If I were Hecate I'd of materialized infront of Yuuji while he was on the toilet and Shana was at her appartment a long time ago. Much easier that way than when 3 flame haze are flying around him like wasps

Yay for a good antagonist planning for once!
ya, that's why I said it is unexpected but not that surprising
if she wanna do it that way, she could just do it whenever (like you say she could just appear in front of yuuji while he was on the toilet)
they are usually known to have good planned project when they do something, but now what hecate do is kinda "new", something's that they never do before, unexpected and well considering what they are, it is not surprising
metronome is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 10:30   Link #108
metronome
Mad Loli
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: FraudPayments.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post


Ending combos:
Shana - Dead
Hecate - Dead
Metamorphosis - Dead
Yuji X Kazumi
Tanaka X Oga
Margery X Sato
Ike X Wilhelemina ()

Right?
hey that's bad
if shana is dead then why should they call it shakugan no shana? shakugan no yuuji? shakugan no kazumi?

shana - alive
kazumi - alive
yuji - dead

will be much much better. they both need to learn about losing and yuji need to learn about reality
metronome is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 12:29   Link #109
Dragon-Emperor
Hand of Ragnaros
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
ya, that's why I said it is unexpected but not that surprising
if she wanna do it that way, she could just do it whenever (like you say she could just appear in front of yuuji while he was on the toilet)
they are usually known to have good planned project when they do something, but now what hecate do is kinda "new", something's that they never do before, unexpected and well considering what they are, it is not surprising
Considering that is is rather uncharacteristic of Bel Masque, let alone Hecate to do something so out of the blue, I wonder if there's a reason? I mean, back at the end of the school festival it is clear that Hecate meant to 'dispose' of the R.M's carrier (Yuuji) and obtain the R.M.
So now, perhaps Bel Masque is rushed? Maybe they need to get the R.M to the silver before a certain time. Could make sense why the clock keeps being shown in the episode and the opening.
And considering there aren't many episodes left... I'm going to guess that something is going to happen at a certain time (midnight of that day? or the day after? when R.M regenerates existence?) and that will be the deadline for whatever R.M is needed for to happen. And if they're really cruel, that wil also be the very end of episode 24 (C-c-c-cliffhanger!)

(I love the show. I want more seasons, I don't care about the wait. I don't watch it each week hoping for it to 'end'. If I did, I'd just stop watching.)
Dragon-Emperor is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 13:00   Link #110
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzoJason View Post
Metamorphosis dead would indead be pretty good in my point of view, since
little cute Hecate is FREE!

HecateXYuji

whaha... Would make a nice couple, but not possible, eh?!..
If the J.C. Staff didn't screw the second season up and give a much better sense of continuity...

...it's very difficult but not impossible.


I thought it could've been worse if the J.C. Staff flopped the second season in the manner similar to how Asmik-Ace flopped Rasen/Spiral (if anyone is familiar with the Ringu series).
CapoExecutor is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 13:06   Link #111
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
hey that's bad
if shana is dead then why should they call it shakugan no shana? shakugan no yuuji? shakugan no kazumi?

shana - alive
kazumi - alive
yuji - dead

will be much much better. they both need to learn about losing and yuji need to learn about reality
Because she's the title character in the story. She's the one whose world the story focuses on. Doesn't mean she needs a happy end.

*Is patiently waiting for subs to write a full review*
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 13:10   Link #112
lua thien
Fallen Exile
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post

I thought it could've been worse if the J.C. Staff flopped the second season in the manner similar to how Asmik-Ace flopped Rasen/Spiral (if anyone is familiar with the Ringu series).
Just be thankful that they didn't produce two seasons at the same time. But the storyline seemed turbulent so if they want a good sendoff, expand the season with more episodes.
Now J.C. Staff produced the second season sometime after the first season ended so there is still a significant degree of continuity. It's the storyline
__________________
Embrace the darkness around you...
lua thien is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 13:22   Link #113
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for ep23 preview summary:


Spoiler for thoughts:
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 13:51   Link #114
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep23 preview summary:


Spoiler for thoughts:
now wouldn't it be interesting if Pheles suddenly came back.

Guze Girl Squad, go!
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 13:51   Link #115
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Poeple, we are not getting breast jokes every 8 minutes, we are not getting unexplainable changes in character personalities, they are not skipping entire books and not smashing three books into two episodes while dedicating everything else for one, and we are getting some character development...

In other words this is not ZnT II.

So lets give them a chance before starting complaining, sure changes do not look all that great for me but who knows...



But J.C. Staff do suck. And before anyone tells that they need to rush to get money and KyoAni doesnt, I would say why? Does that mean KyoAni selects the novels/books/mangas that are more popular than J.C Staff thus have almost instant success?

Nope, they are simply doing a great quality in everything they do, they do not screw things up like J.C Staff.

Just look at Kimikiss... Do you even know how popular Kimikiss game in japan is? Kimikiss should have been a great hit judging just on that, but J.C Staff screwed everything changing it from Shounen romance into Josei Drama. Now the sale rates are really low and despite the popularity of the game the anime is a total disaster.

So yeah, we have to admit simple truth - J.C. Staff are simply a mediocre studio, that can survive with Shana or ZnT first season for some time, but they do not have the talent needed to make them a good consistent producers. This year (and year before) is marked with their failures and screw ups much more than with their success.

Still, even if they will never be anything more than mediocre studio they can give us some decent anime from time to time (like Shana). Sure we could say if KyoAni would be working on Shana it would be twice as good (and it is probably true) but sadly they do not, but I cannot say that Shana itself is doing very bad for JC Staff.

It is not as great as first season, and recent changes do look like leading to a ZnT II pathetic ending, but it is still not ZnT II as a whole. It is much much better, so lets hope taht they are not pulling ZnT II ending on us too.

Lets wait and after it ends we can make conclusions if J.C Staff managed to make a fairly good second season or was it just another screw up that follows their string of recent screw-ups.
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 14:51   Link #116
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Poeple, we are not getting breast jokes every 8 minutes, we are not getting unexplainable changes in character personalities, they are not skipping entire books and not smashing three books into two episodes while dedicating everything else for one, and we are getting some character development...

In other words this is not ZnT II.

So lets give them a chance before starting complaining, sure changes do not look all that great for me but who knows...



But J.C. Staff do suck. And before anyone tells that they need to rush to get money and KyoAni doesnt, I would say why? Does that mean KyoAni selects the novels/books/mangas that are more popular than J.C Staff thus have almost instant success?

Nope, they are simply doing a great quality in everything they do, they do not screw things up like J.C Staff.

Just look at Kimikiss... Do you even know how popular Kimikiss game in japan is? Kimikiss should have been a great hit judging just on that, but J.C Staff screwed everything changing it from Shounen romance into Josei Drama. Now the sale rates are really low and despite the popularity of the game the anime is a total disaster.

So yeah, we have to admit simple truth - J.C. Staff are simply a mediocre studio, that can survive with Shana or ZnT first season for some time, but they do not have the talent needed to make them a good consistent producers. This year (and year before) is marked with their failures and screw ups much more than with their success.

Still, even if they will never be anything more than mediocre studio they can give us some decent anime from time to time (like Shana). Sure we could say if KyoAni would be working on Shana it would be twice as good (and it is probably true) but sadly they do not, but I cannot say that Shana itself is doing very bad for JC Staff.

It is not as great as first season, and recent changes do look like leading to a ZnT II pathetic ending, but it is still not ZnT II as a whole. It is much much better, so lets hope taht they are not pulling ZnT II ending on us too.

Lets wait and after it ends we can make conclusions if J.C Staff managed to make a fairly good second season or was it just another screw up that follows their string of recent screw-ups.
Hey, that's flipflopping. Either pick a side or don't argue at all.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 15:20   Link #117
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep23 preview summary:


Spoiler for thoughts:
Wait why the hell does Hecate Leave the Reiji Maigo after going through the trouble to steal in from Yuji in the first place...
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 15:40   Link #118
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Location
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Hey, that's flipflopping. Either pick a side or don't argue at all.
Actually, regardless of whether J.C.Staff is a worthy studio or not, I wonder why they are so inconsistent with their quality. They have good releases and bad releases, and even in a single series, the gap of quality between some episodes is pretty wide. It's not strange for a studio to release good series and have bad series as well, but their quality range from high end to low end...
__________________

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 15:45   Link #119
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Head-on confrontation against the Balle Masque now. If Hecate yanked the Reiji Maigo out of Yuji that easily, why the heck didn't they do that back in Season 1?
CapoExecutor is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 15:46   Link #120
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Actually, regardless of whether J.C.Staff is a worthy studio or not, I wonder why they are so inconsistent with their quality. They have good releases and bad releases, and even in a single series, the gap of quality between some episodes is pretty wide. It's not strange for a studio to release good series and have bad series as well, but their quality range from high end to low end...
I agree on this statement, since in all honesty, what J.C. Staff production was quality before the release of Shana? My comment however was directed to the flip-floppity or the seemingness of the flip-floppity to the comment I hath quoted.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.